Wednesday, May 11, 2011

the world god only knows 2nd season

the world god only knows 2nd season. the world god only knows
  • the world god only knows



  • Multimedia
    Sep 16, 06:41 PM
    Except that Apple has typically released only the 15 inch model before later introducing the 17 (and 12 when they existed) when they do major updates. Witness the introduction of the Al case and the Intel switch. Of course it matters whether this is a major update. If, like the iMacs, there is not a major case redesign and it is just a processor bump then expect them to be released simultaneously. But if there is a change in case, I would be surprised (pleasantly though) if the 17 came out at the same time.You need to brush up on your Mac history.

    Original Aluminum PowerBook G4 was only 17" for 8 long months (http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook_g4/stats/powerbook_g4_1.0_17.html) introduced January 7, 2003 at MacWorld Expo SF by Steve Jobs. It ran at 1GHz and had two USB 1.1 ports. :p

    The first 15" PM G4 in an Aluminum case running @ 1GHz & 1.25GHz (http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook_g4/stats/powerbook_g4_1.25_15.html) with two USB 2 ports didn't appear until Paris Apple Expo September 16 also introduced by Steve Jobs in his Paris keynote that morning. At that same time the 17" lost the USB 1.1 ports and went USB 2 also as well as to a top speed of 1.33GHz (http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook_g4/stats/powerbook_g4_1.33_17.html). Only 3 short years ago today. :eek: ;)

    So there is no predictable introduction order. But this time it MUST be the whole line because of the C2D leap. ;)





    the world god only knows 2nd season. the world god only knows
  • the world god only knows



  • Benjy91
    Mar 30, 09:36 PM
    Yes I did, it was still grayed out.

    Not greyed out on my friend's sat next to me.





    the world god only knows 2nd season. The World God Only Knows
  • The World God Only Knows



  • Mr. Retrofire
    Apr 21, 05:41 PM
    Hopefully it'll be cheaper as well... :D

    ...in your (wet) dreams, yeah. ;)





    the world god only knows 2nd season. The+world+god+only+knows+
  • The+world+god+only+knows+



  • SandynJosh
    Apr 26, 03:21 PM
    But if Apple had gotten on board with Verizon a year earlier, those numbers would probably be reversed.

    That extra year that Apple sat on their ass with AT&T was the crucial year that allowed android to gain traction and mindshare.

    Neither your or I know what contract details with AT&T prevented Apple from opening up Verizon earlier than they did, so claiming Apple "sat on their ass" is just your silly opinion.

    Once the 'greatly anticipated' Verizon launch finally did come, it was met with a large chorus of "who cares?" from the crowd - the crowd that had gotten their droid phone 6 months earlier.

    Again you make a wild-assed leap of logic. I, like many Verizon users, met the news that the iPhone was available on my favorite carrier with, "Oh dam, I'm locked into a two-year contract with a ****** Android Incredible."

    Your basic point that Apple needed to open up the iPhone to more U.S. carriers to avoid market share loss is correct and generally regarded as such by most analysts. However, from the launch of the first iPhone, Apple has struggled to meet the accelerating demand for its products, so adding more U.S. carriers may have not been as smart as us outside the company might second-guess.





    the world god only knows 2nd season. The+world+god+only+knows+
  • The+world+god+only+knows+



  • Superdrive
    Nov 26, 10:27 AM
    This looks to be a half-baked computer designed to run specific apps that control/present instead of being able to manipulate data.

    Apple should give it full capabilities, about a 12" enclosure, and a durable case and we have ourselves a new toy and I've got my 12" PB replacement!





    the world god only knows 2nd season. The World God Only Knows
  • The World God Only Knows



  • paul4339
    Apr 7, 03:05 PM
    basically, is sounds like one company secured their order in advance and with deposit; and the other company, who wasn't sure how well their product will sell, is buying panels at the last minute.

    If you leave a deposit and give advance orders to suppliers, they will definitely _build you the capacity_ to meet your demands. If not, you take your chances... and if you want jump to the front of the queue, it'll cost you a premium.

    P.





    the world god only knows 2nd season. the world god only knows
  • the world god only knows



  • ihaveNFC
    May 7, 10:10 AM
    I personally wouldn't care either way. I used the trial for about 25 days before the nostalgia wore off. That's me though.





    the world god only knows 2nd season. the world god only knows
  • the world god only knows



  • kalsta
    May 5, 08:45 AM
    Easy. 13/48ths of an inch.;)

    Is that wink a small admission of how silly your system really is? :) Sure, the math was simple, but how meaningful are all these crazy fractions? If I actually had to try and picture what these fractions represent, I'd want to convert the denominator into a multiple of 10 first in order to try and picture it. I might note that twice 48 is roughly 100, so I know we're dealing with a bit over 26%. Other fractions could prove more difficult. With the metric system, you never have to do this. You're always dealing with base-10, which is something we all understand and can picture, without having to memorise particular fractions and what they represent.

    I really don't see much functional difference between a language and a system of measures. Both express specificity using prearranged syntax and values.

    Well, we could certainly argue that international communication would be a LOT simpler if there was only one language � and it would be! However, the reality is, we have a world with not only a diversity of language, but a diversity of culture, and the two are intricately linked. That makes the world a very interesting place, and being able to speak multiple languages would be a wonderful skill to have when travelling and engaging in other cultures. People are generally proud of their heritage, culture and language, and there aren't too many people suggesting the world should lose all of that richness in the interest of conformity. (Well, there are such people, but I think we can agree they're generally pretty scary.)

    How many people are so nostalgic about the imperial system? With language, one communicates deep philosophical thoughts, writes beautiful poetry, tells a woman of his undying love. With a system of measurement, one� well, measures stuff. Most of the world has seen the benefits of a better system and they've moved on without regret. What is different about the US that it can't do likewise? I honestly find it perplexing. Be honest now� Is it because the French invented it?

    Even beyond that, if we were to adopt the metric system 100% starting tomorrow, the transition would have to last for decades not only to encompass those who are too old to be educated, but also to deal with the infrastructure changes that would have to take place. At the very earliest it would be my grandchildren who would see a fully metricized US.

    You're not stepping out onto the moon this time. Just about every other country on the planet (and there are quite a few of them!) have gone before you, and it worked out just fine. Sure, it takes some time, but not as long as you might like to imagine. Let me come back to my own experience� I was born in the 70s, around the time Australia was just starting to transition to the metric system. The older folk may well have had a difficult time with it, but if so I was blissfully unaware of it. I came to learn what an inch was, since most rulers had inches on one side and mm/cm on the other, and people still, to this day, casually talk about their height in feet and the weight of newborn babies in pounds. (Yes, some old habits die hard.) But these sort of things are the exceptions. The transition to metric was so efficient, I, as a first generation growing up with it, didn't even notice there was a transition happening.

    Seriously, you should be looking to Australia and other countries with successful transitions and learning from them, instead of just perpetuating all these fanciful stories of how terrible it's going to be to change.





    the world god only knows 2nd season. The World God Only Knows II
  • The World God Only Knows II



  • dr_lha
    Aug 11, 10:38 AM
    That's Conroe. Merom can be put into the current iMac/Mac Mini. If you're adventureous to open the machines up or getting a third party installation. Otherwise you're looking at an entire logic board replacement for the laptops. It's probably better just to wait and buy an entire new laptop.

    http://guides.macrumors.com/Merom

    Read the Guide...
    Read the link, the chip on that link was a Conroe, not a Merom.

    What exactly was wrong with what I posted?





    the world god only knows 2nd season. the world god only knows
  • the world god only knows



  • badcrumble
    Mar 30, 08:10 PM
    The new iCal is hideous. This "metaphor" crap is awful, and reeks of Mac OS 9. Make things look sleek and modern like the new Mail app, please.





    the world god only knows 2nd season. The World God Only Knows 2
  • The World God Only Knows 2



  • Kilamite
    May 4, 02:44 PM
    How would one do a "complete fresh reinstall" by this method? Or will we be able to burn to a disc/USB key?





    the world god only knows 2nd season. the world god only knows
  • the world god only knows



  • macenforcer
    Aug 7, 06:46 PM
    1 GB Sticks are only $125 each from Third Parties. (http://www.oempcworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1.0G-PC2-5300E&Category_Code=240pin)

    2x1 = 2GB = $250 vs Apples 4x 512 NOT 6x 512 = + $270
    4x1 = 4GB = $500 vs. Apple's $990

    I think you really should change your order to base ram and add TWO 1GB sticks for only $250 for a total of 3GB to begin with for less than the cost of TWO from Apple taking up only 4 slots. :)


    But are they FB-DIMMs?





    the world god only knows 2nd season. the world god only knows
  • the world god only knows



  • prss14
    May 7, 01:09 PM
    I do not see MM going free. I could see them lowering the price or adding some more features, but it isn't going to be free. I am ok with that. It has always worked for me. I know it hasn't for everyone, and that there are other free services, but I have liked how it works across all my Apple devices. And is worth it simply for the Find My iPhone feature.





    the world god only knows 2nd season. the world god only knows
  • the world god only knows



  • machewcoy
    Apr 22, 03:35 AM
    Hrm.. When I hear "Mac Pro", I think of a giant behemoth of a computer, with super internals for crazy processing power for graphics design or whatever your poison may be.. Just to be clear, I'm well aware that there are cheaper ways of building a crazy computer that would put a Mac Pro to shame, but I'm just focusing on the Mac Pro here.. When I think of something rack-mountable, I think of servers, which leads me to think of the XServe and not a smaller Mac Pro (though, having the said giant powerhouse Mac Pro act as a server would be pretty cool, but I don't know how servers work so I may be wrong).. I'm no professional at anything, just a plain college student with a basic consumer outlook on things..





    the world god only knows 2nd season. the world god only knows
  • the world god only knows



  • DavidLeblond
    Apr 25, 11:07 AM
    $5 says the next version of iOS will include a process to truncate consolidated.db just like Android does for locdump. Its not that Apple is USING all this historical data, its just that they neglected to toss in a function to trim the file.





    the world god only knows 2nd season. the world god only knows
  • the world god only knows



  • iphones4evry1
    Nov 4, 12:48 AM
    If TomTom can turn this car mount into a full-on media center, that hooks the iPhone to the car stereo and uses it's speakers for speaker phone and has a better microphone than the iPhone, this car kit could take off and become an entire media center in itself. They could become the standard for iPhone-car media centers! :)





    the world god only knows 2nd season. the world god only knows
  • the world god only knows



  • Moyank24
    May 3, 06:21 PM
    We�ve never had a game like this before, so you shouldn�t let this put you off.


    if we explore is that our move and then the villain makes his? Or if we pick a door would this be a way to avoid the villain�s traps, since he may have put one in the room we�re in?

    I would think that the traps have already been laid. So you may have a point in choosing another room.





    the world god only knows 2nd season. the world god only knows
  • the world god only knows



  • Capt Underpants
    May 6, 12:20 AM
    I can't see them making another architecture transition. The switch to intel was enough...





    the world god only knows 2nd season. the world god only knows
  • the world god only knows



  • macenforcer
    Aug 7, 05:47 PM
    3ghz Xeon = 80W
    2.66ghz Xeon = 65W
    2ghz Xeon = 65W


    Looks like the 2.66ghz Xeon is the best bang for buck and heat.





    Steve121178
    Apr 26, 04:38 PM
    These smartphone stats are quite interesting. We have a open plan office and when I look around me I see about 5 iPhone 4's, 3 iPhone 3GS's and 1 android. :rolleyes:

    Also look at how much money Apple has in the bank now in relation to their smartphone market share...

    What's that got to do with anything?





    tstreete
    Nov 4, 05:43 PM
    I was doing some research on bottom line telecommunications and i came across these good reviews: :D

    http://www.resellerratings.com/seller770-p1-s4-d1.html

    when tstreete comes back and tells me how it works, I will probably order it from this company.

    Gave it a brief test around town this afternoon. MotionX GPS lite status screen reported an accuracy (radius?) of between 30 feet to 50 feet, whereas without the TomTom mount it ranged from about 75 ft to 256 ft or worse. So, yeah, it improves GPS accuracy, and I did notice the difference when using the TomTom app.

    The thing is well built and elegant, the nicest carphone mount design I've ever seen. You have to be gentle sticking the iPhone into the mount, but you can do it with one hand. You have to think about where to install the mount in your car -- window, dash, left or right of the wheel etc. -- and you can't leave the iPhone in a case (OK for me, might not be for others). The power and audio cables stick out of the side, which is a bit awkward, especially when you rotate it; I'm thinking of picking up some adhesive-backed clips at RadioShack to keep the wires out of the way as they wind their way down to the power and aux jacks. I've made only one phone call so far, which worked fine, but the phone uses the mount's speaker even when you're plugged into the car stereo (music and/or Tomtom app voice stops in the car speakers, and then the phone call comes out of the mount speaker). I could hear the phone call fine driving around town, but I'm a little worried about how well I'll be able to hear phone calls at freeway speeds in my noisy little car (a Honda Fit).

    The acid test will be a substantial trip that includes some skyscraper canyons in a big city.

    Last I checked it looked like BLT had sold out and was awaiting more shipments.





    Cinch
    Jul 30, 10:26 AM
    Yeah tell me about it.

    How much does it take to break a Verizon contract again...?

    For me it is $175 which is no big deal if you are a early adopter of tech. A more likely scenario that a lot of people here ellude to is for Cingular, T-mobile, Verizon etc. to adopt the phone, in which case we'll only have to pay for the phone. Of course expect premium price, which for a stock holder is not a bad scenario!

    Cinch





    Number 41
    Apr 20, 07:17 AM
    No LTE/4G = No sale
    No Antenna Redesign = No sale
    No use of quality build materials (read: not glass) = No sale

    Sorry, Apple -- I'm not going to sign a 2 year service agreement to buy a phone that has reception issues, is made of a shatter-prone material, and cannot access high-speed data.

    There's no point to this update, just like there was no point to the 3GS update. In this case, it's arguably worse because -- given the rollout of 4G/LTE currently ongoing and the publicity surounding the poor antenna of the iP4 -- it's fairly safe to assume that the next iPhone will address at least 2 of the above issues.





    citizenzen
    Apr 14, 12:17 PM
    Personally, I think we need to increase taxes across the board.

    Which is exactly what I said. But you couldn't help twisting the dagger a little bit by saying ...

    Democrats - "I am in favor of increasing government taxation, and I have the opportunity to put my money where my mouth is by voluntarily paying more taxes, but I am nonetheless not going to if other people don't."


    So are you, on your own, going to voluntarily give money to the government? Or do we get to lump you in with your description of Democrats?



    No comments:

    Post a Comment