Stridder44
Jul 14, 01:37 PM
You're impressed that a chip not even available yet beats a chip from june 2003?
No Im amused that people still think (more or less wish really) the G5 is better.
No Im amused that people still think (more or less wish really) the G5 is better.
KnightWRX
Apr 24, 04:07 AM
Why does anyone doubt that the new Air will be outstanding? My money is on Apple doing a nice job on the Air as they did with the MBP.
The MBP 13" is not quite the bang up job. It got a GPU downgrade and the benchmarks show it. The MBA won't be any different. There's no doubt about it, if you're looking for a GPU upgrade, go look elsewhere.
It's just the reality Intel forced onto us, why does anyone want to live in denial ?
The MBP 13" is not quite the bang up job. It got a GPU downgrade and the benchmarks show it. The MBA won't be any different. There's no doubt about it, if you're looking for a GPU upgrade, go look elsewhere.
It's just the reality Intel forced onto us, why does anyone want to live in denial ?
Zoboomafoo
Sep 13, 10:39 PM
Not what i was looking for
I wanted a smart phone wheres the keyboard ?
i can buy an itunes phone right now from cingular but i dont want one
what makes them think i will buy one now because its from apple and not motorola
There's a number of reasons why the non-smart phone route is best.
1) try to do one thing and do it well. the ipod is great because it does one thing very well.
2) start from the bottom and build up.
3) it's always easier to add a feature than it is to take one away.
who knows, we'll see when/if it comes out. i tend to not like phones that have sliders.
I wanted a smart phone wheres the keyboard ?
i can buy an itunes phone right now from cingular but i dont want one
what makes them think i will buy one now because its from apple and not motorola
There's a number of reasons why the non-smart phone route is best.
1) try to do one thing and do it well. the ipod is great because it does one thing very well.
2) start from the bottom and build up.
3) it's always easier to add a feature than it is to take one away.
who knows, we'll see when/if it comes out. i tend to not like phones that have sliders.

fabianjj
Apr 22, 11:26 AM
I'm amazed that no-one is seeing the very dangerous path we could be heading down here. Will people only see it when it's too late?
Are we looking into the jaws of the future where you pay, but never OWN anything? Music, Movies, Apps.
You pay to have the right to listen/watch/use the data.
The data is never downloaded to your device to do as you wish, it's always held by the owners. or distributors.
I can see this coming like a flashing red warning sign.
Well it's not like you've ever owned anything you've purchsed earlier, when you buy a CD you buy a physical object as well but what you're paying for is the right to play it in a private setting.
After using Spotify as my primary source of music for a couple of years now I can say that I prefer this renting method. Spotify has virtually any song I'd care to listen to and I can listen to them all instantly, and by using a premium subscription I can store up 3333 songs offline per device (very handy when traveling/commuting).
Are we looking into the jaws of the future where you pay, but never OWN anything? Music, Movies, Apps.
You pay to have the right to listen/watch/use the data.
The data is never downloaded to your device to do as you wish, it's always held by the owners. or distributors.
I can see this coming like a flashing red warning sign.
Well it's not like you've ever owned anything you've purchsed earlier, when you buy a CD you buy a physical object as well but what you're paying for is the right to play it in a private setting.
After using Spotify as my primary source of music for a couple of years now I can say that I prefer this renting method. Spotify has virtually any song I'd care to listen to and I can listen to them all instantly, and by using a premium subscription I can store up 3333 songs offline per device (very handy when traveling/commuting).
Michael383
Apr 17, 05:08 AM
I think Intel's support for both Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 will be a good thing in the end.
GFLPraxis
Mar 23, 04:44 PM
Im in agreement with this.
Remove them from the App Store.
It might be illegal etc.. but we must draw the line somewhere.
I actually agree. Pull 'em. It may be censorship, but it's dangerous not to.
Do it apple!!!
You're all mad. Have you read the description on applications like Trapster? They list where common speed traps and posted-by-law DUI checkpoints are.
This is setting a very dangerous precedent for app removals if it goes through.
Remove them from the App Store.
It might be illegal etc.. but we must draw the line somewhere.
I actually agree. Pull 'em. It may be censorship, but it's dangerous not to.
Do it apple!!!
You're all mad. Have you read the description on applications like Trapster? They list where common speed traps and posted-by-law DUI checkpoints are.
This is setting a very dangerous precedent for app removals if it goes through.
Rocketman
Aug 31, 07:09 PM
or maybe just maybe...
Apple is bringing out a new desktop! I mean think about it they haven't really bought out a new desktop for agess all they have done is switch all products to intel.
**Edit, IMO i think its silly because whos gonna pay $14.99 for a movie on a tiny screen, and if they make it to watch on your computer then its just going to take hours and hours to download if you have a slow broadband connection
If you pay whatever price for a "lisence" to a movie it makes sense you have a lisence to a variety of resolutions for the 5 CPU's you are allowed to run them on, FOREVER (Time Machine).
Stop whining. Or not.
As for the so-called video iPod, it seems to me such a device has far more uses than a mere media replayer. It could be a remote control. It could be a PDA. It could be a 3G/4G internet portal, standalone or for an external computer, such as a, gag, MacBook.
Further, such a device is easily reprogrammable as a dictation machine, a bar code reader, a video camera, a still camera, etc, etc, etc. Some functions might need a dongle to the extent they are not implemented in Rev. 1A.
Rocketman
See ST-TNG datapads.
Apple is bringing out a new desktop! I mean think about it they haven't really bought out a new desktop for agess all they have done is switch all products to intel.
**Edit, IMO i think its silly because whos gonna pay $14.99 for a movie on a tiny screen, and if they make it to watch on your computer then its just going to take hours and hours to download if you have a slow broadband connection
If you pay whatever price for a "lisence" to a movie it makes sense you have a lisence to a variety of resolutions for the 5 CPU's you are allowed to run them on, FOREVER (Time Machine).
Stop whining. Or not.
As for the so-called video iPod, it seems to me such a device has far more uses than a mere media replayer. It could be a remote control. It could be a PDA. It could be a 3G/4G internet portal, standalone or for an external computer, such as a, gag, MacBook.
Further, such a device is easily reprogrammable as a dictation machine, a bar code reader, a video camera, a still camera, etc, etc, etc. Some functions might need a dongle to the extent they are not implemented in Rev. 1A.
Rocketman
See ST-TNG datapads.

Eidorian
Apr 14, 01:27 PM
A Mac? Why not?I believe we are waiting to see a wider selection of Macs with Thunderbolt support.
I do not recall many buyers clamoring to see if an OEM decided to cough up the extra $2-5 on a controller and then turn around to sell it at $10 over the non-USB 3.0 board.
I find that Thunderbolt support does not register to the masses as well. So it is up to us, enthusiasts, to provide the wisdom on a port that the majority are never going to use.
I do not recall many buyers clamoring to see if an OEM decided to cough up the extra $2-5 on a controller and then turn around to sell it at $10 over the non-USB 3.0 board.
I find that Thunderbolt support does not register to the masses as well. So it is up to us, enthusiasts, to provide the wisdom on a port that the majority are never going to use.
Counterfit
Oct 27, 03:53 PM
i mean isnt it normal in the US to have an 8litre car? here <2 Litre is normal:D
Uh, 8 liters is huge ANYWHERE. Aside from trucks, the biggest production engine I can find in a sedan from a U.S. company is the 6.1L Hemi in the Dodge Charger/Magnum/Chrysler 300C SRT8, and those are still big by U.S. standards. The vast majority of engines are sub 5L, and even most of those are under 4L.
Uh, 8 liters is huge ANYWHERE. Aside from trucks, the biggest production engine I can find in a sedan from a U.S. company is the 6.1L Hemi in the Dodge Charger/Magnum/Chrysler 300C SRT8, and those are still big by U.S. standards. The vast majority of engines are sub 5L, and even most of those are under 4L.
BoRegardless
Apr 20, 09:48 AM
Buy a 2nd and 3rd PrePaid phone & leave the iPhone off until you want to use it.
If you are doing sensitive or sneaky business, you already know about these things.
Anything that is always on and transmitting wirelessly is trackable and now we know it is trackable in more ways with data going to BOTH the iPhone and the computer you sync with
If you are doing sensitive or sneaky business, you already know about these things.
Anything that is always on and transmitting wirelessly is trackable and now we know it is trackable in more ways with data going to BOTH the iPhone and the computer you sync with
ksz
Jul 14, 09:16 AM
Bring 'em on, but place them in a mid-tower case.
1984
Sep 14, 04:53 AM
I think that the phone interface won't have a click-wheel. Rather, it will be all screen with an on-screen wheel changing to an on-screen keypad. No slider action whatsoever. Maybe a hard switch for on/off, answer, and phonebook, but that's about all I'd put on the phone. It'll save on cost and hardware complexity too, not having to include a wheel.
That's what the recent Apple patents lead me to believe. Hopefully this iPod nano with the slide out keyboard is just an early concept. A very early concept.
That's what the recent Apple patents lead me to believe. Hopefully this iPod nano with the slide out keyboard is just an early concept. A very early concept.
balamw
Sep 10, 04:33 PM
Gary. You just slowly and painfully killed me inside. I hope you are wrong.
Yeah it's not a MB or MBP even since it marks the debut of the all new PowerBook G5! :p
Don't give up hope yet. There are rumored Macs that could fit the bill. The iTablet or the iHome media Mac could "fit" within an iPod themed event....
B
Yeah it's not a MB or MBP even since it marks the debut of the all new PowerBook G5! :p
Don't give up hope yet. There are rumored Macs that could fit the bill. The iTablet or the iHome media Mac could "fit" within an iPod themed event....
B

redvettez06
Apr 28, 05:00 PM
Illegal and abusive monopolistic practices, as opposed to a legitimate market domination based on innovation and organic growth.
Hey Pot, I'd like you to meet my friend Kettle.
Hey Pot, I'd like you to meet my friend Kettle.
ucfgrad93
Apr 25, 01:29 AM
I really don't think it is necessary to call me or any member of my family "pathetic." There's nothing wrong with manipulating the system to your advantage, if you do it for a valid purpose (such as teaching a crappy driver a lesson).
-Don
So, to teach someone a lesson, your mom caused an accident, lied to the police and as a result the other driver had to pay out almost $20,000.
You and your mother are pathetic. Hopefully, someday you will be on the receiving end of someone who games the system and it costs you big time.
-Don
So, to teach someone a lesson, your mom caused an accident, lied to the police and as a result the other driver had to pay out almost $20,000.
You and your mother are pathetic. Hopefully, someday you will be on the receiving end of someone who games the system and it costs you big time.
iStudentUK
Apr 18, 02:36 PM
About 30 years ago, his holiness Ronald Reagan fired over 11 thousand Air Traffic Controllers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_Air_Traffic_Controllers_Organization_(1968)) for going on strike. One of their most important demands was for a 32 hour week, so that they would not be falling asleep on the job.
Damn straight I want these guys awake! ATC is a very stressful job. Although didn't they announce a change in America yesterday?
(PS that thing in your sig about the pen and pencil is partly an urban legend.)
Damn straight I want these guys awake! ATC is a very stressful job. Although didn't they announce a change in America yesterday?
(PS that thing in your sig about the pen and pencil is partly an urban legend.)
aristotle
Apr 20, 01:44 PM
Watch the video. It was happening on the guys phones who discovered it in the UK. Unless AT&T's signal is better than people let on, I doubt they have signal in the UK. ;)
Edit: From tatonka's link below, this is Southern England.

Cheryl Tiegs

Cheryl Tiegs in dress by
Edit: From tatonka's link below, this is Southern England.
MrCrowbar
Apr 19, 10:16 AM
Apple is starting to be less and less inovative. The iPhone UI hardly changes for the last 4 years. But hey, lets sue everybody.:rolleyes:
That's the whole point: do it right the first time and stay consistent. People don't want to learn new things all the time. There's so many 30+ year olds who are seriously afraid to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 because it seems so different. I like buying the new version of something I already know as opposed to not knowing at all what I'm buying, spending precious hours of my life learning how to do the things I already could do on my old gadget.
When you buy a car you know how to drive it, set the mirrors and seats without reading the manual. If someone came out with a car without pedals and steering wheel, there will be a lot of people rejecting it before even trying it out. People don't want to learn to drive again. Innovation in user interfaces is when you take something that used to be complicated and make it simple. If it wasn't complicated from the beginning, there's no reason to change it unless you notice you did something wrong.
Lots of smartphones are total iPhone ripoffs with added features. They're seemingly slower, more complicated and crash more though. There's some things I absolutely hate about the iPhone, but it's an okay tradeoff.
That's the whole point: do it right the first time and stay consistent. People don't want to learn new things all the time. There's so many 30+ year olds who are seriously afraid to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 because it seems so different. I like buying the new version of something I already know as opposed to not knowing at all what I'm buying, spending precious hours of my life learning how to do the things I already could do on my old gadget.
When you buy a car you know how to drive it, set the mirrors and seats without reading the manual. If someone came out with a car without pedals and steering wheel, there will be a lot of people rejecting it before even trying it out. People don't want to learn to drive again. Innovation in user interfaces is when you take something that used to be complicated and make it simple. If it wasn't complicated from the beginning, there's no reason to change it unless you notice you did something wrong.
Lots of smartphones are total iPhone ripoffs with added features. They're seemingly slower, more complicated and crash more though. There's some things I absolutely hate about the iPhone, but it's an okay tradeoff.
zin
Mar 22, 03:18 PM
Yay. This is what I've been waiting for.
Perhaps we will get a good GPU this time with at least 512 MB VRAM :eek: :rolleyes:
Perhaps we will get a good GPU this time with at least 512 MB VRAM :eek: :rolleyes:
Anonymous Freak
May 3, 04:46 PM
You could just use teleport http://www.abyssoft.com/software/teleport/
Teleport isn't the same. Teleport is a way to CONTROL a second computer, I'm referring to a way to specifically use extra direct-connect monitors.
Not to mention... Why would you want to use the new iMac as a display on an older computer? By the time this iMac is obsolete and ready for re-use as a display, you'll have a newer/faster/better computer to connect it to.
Teleport isn't the same. Teleport is a way to CONTROL a second computer, I'm referring to a way to specifically use extra direct-connect monitors.
Not to mention... Why would you want to use the new iMac as a display on an older computer? By the time this iMac is obsolete and ready for re-use as a display, you'll have a newer/faster/better computer to connect it to.
stewacide
Sep 27, 12:35 AM
If I had to guess as to why Apple would go with an exclusive provider to start, I would say so as to play hardball with the network providers.
Apple doesn't want to gum their pretty phones up with provider ick-ware like other manufacturers have to (just like it didn't want to e.g. 'Intel Inside' its pretty boxes), so they make a deal whereas in exchange for initial exclusivity Cingular agrees to relent control over the phones software and services (so that it say interfaces with the iTunes store for music and tones not Cingular's store: although I'm sure the service provider will charge the full market rate for data transfer). Then when the iPhone becomes a huge hit the other providers won't have any choice if they want to get on board as well.
I don't see why Apple would start a virtual operator, because they have no interest in getting into the service provider game. They can get what they really want - an opt-out of the cruddy operator system in the US especially - through market weight alone.
Apple doesn't want to gum their pretty phones up with provider ick-ware like other manufacturers have to (just like it didn't want to e.g. 'Intel Inside' its pretty boxes), so they make a deal whereas in exchange for initial exclusivity Cingular agrees to relent control over the phones software and services (so that it say interfaces with the iTunes store for music and tones not Cingular's store: although I'm sure the service provider will charge the full market rate for data transfer). Then when the iPhone becomes a huge hit the other providers won't have any choice if they want to get on board as well.
I don't see why Apple would start a virtual operator, because they have no interest in getting into the service provider game. They can get what they really want - an opt-out of the cruddy operator system in the US especially - through market weight alone.
xli_ne
Sep 12, 03:25 PM
Well, obviously YOU wouldn't but not everyone has an extra $100.00 bucks or feels that the extra storage is worth the cost.
i'm sorry but the 30G iPod has a stupid price. If someone is that tight and has to get an iPod, they would probably buy used.
i'm sorry but the 30G iPod has a stupid price. If someone is that tight and has to get an iPod, they would probably buy used.
yg17
Sep 26, 04:48 PM
What phone you have? The newer quad band phones get great service in and out of urban areas using Cingular.
I had a Motorola v551 (also a piece of shite, matched the Cingular service quite well). That thing broke (one of the 2 things a Motorola phone is capable of doing, the other one is looking pretty. Because they certainly don't work) and I got a Sony w810i unlocked from eBay. It's a quadband, and the Cingular service still sucks. My parents have LG phones on Cingular, their service sucks. My sister has T-Mobile and couldn't be happier. We're headed over there when the contract's up
I had a Motorola v551 (also a piece of shite, matched the Cingular service quite well). That thing broke (one of the 2 things a Motorola phone is capable of doing, the other one is looking pretty. Because they certainly don't work) and I got a Sony w810i unlocked from eBay. It's a quadband, and the Cingular service still sucks. My parents have LG phones on Cingular, their service sucks. My sister has T-Mobile and couldn't be happier. We're headed over there when the contract's up
prady16
Sep 14, 08:59 AM
Any news if Steve will give a keynote in the special event preceeding photokina?
No comments:
Post a Comment