Wednesday, May 11, 2011

wind turbines

wind turbines. a planned wind farm in the
  • a planned wind farm in the



  • akm3
    May 6, 02:45 AM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Umm guys? OS X already runs on ARM. It's called iOS. The developer tools to create this from standard obj-c already exist in Xcode.

    Retiring or updating certain legacy API would be pretty easy (with a 3-5 yr time span) to make Xcode easily compile fat binaries that run on either architecture.

    Also, what does apple pay for 1k ARM CPU bs intel? Far, far less. This would give apple a very competitive price advantage.

    An ARM MacBook air for example could run 100% cool for a very long time.

    Finally, heavy utilization of grand central dispatch and open cl (which modern apps like final cut pro x support) could even do all this with adequate performance.

    I think the rumor source is making stuff up, but this isn't as far fetched as it sounds and actually fits with apples strategy. Don't be so fast to knock it.





    wind turbines. When I see a wind turbine
  • When I see a wind turbine



  • MovieCutter
    Jul 29, 09:29 PM
    Haven't we heard before from this "tech-unsavvy friend, who is regularly hired by Apple to do marketing photo shoots", maybe sometime in the past year or two? The line sounds familiar. I don't recall if the previous bit of information from that source was true or not.


    Yeah, he took pictures of the new iMac G5 in an elevator...;)





    wind turbines. Vertical axis wind turbines
  • Vertical axis wind turbines



  • twoodcc
    Aug 3, 10:32 PM
    good news, but it seems that it will be later than we were expecting. September?:confused:





    wind turbines. it now provides 18% of the
  • it now provides 18% of the



  • Thunderhawks
    Apr 5, 04:05 PM
    Godwins Law "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"


    Yes, Germans still tie their shoes by making little "knotsies/nazis"and the real reason Hitler committed suicide was that he got his gas bill.

    It won't be long before somebody posts the Hitler and the Dallas Cowboys clip as Hitler and the iphone.

    Geez!





    wind turbines. Household Wind Turbines
  • Household Wind Turbines



  • Renverse
    Apr 18, 03:39 PM
    You are funny. Do you know that Samsung spends 10 times more than Apple on R&D?

    Indeed. Apple spends less on R&D than many of their competitors.





    wind turbines. Types of Wind Turbines
  • Types of Wind Turbines



  • spazzcat
    Mar 29, 09:03 AM
    At least it works on the market leading platform. ;)




    wind turbines. 10kw home wind turbines
  • 10kw home wind turbines



  • Jape
    Nov 18, 05:06 PM
    You are correct! We will be releasing our car kit sometime in December. It works with any iPhone GPS app, so you are not limited to just use ours! =)

    Some features include:





    wind turbines. Recycling Wind Turbines
  • Recycling Wind Turbines



  • glassbathroom
    Aug 7, 04:15 PM
    Just ordered a 3.0 GHz Mac Pro.

    I didn't bother with the Airport Card as this seemed to make the order time jump to 3-5 weeks! Estimated ship date - 14th August.





    wind turbines. vertical-axis wind turbine
  • vertical-axis wind turbine



  • daneoni
    Aug 11, 03:49 PM
    I Love My Powerbook! :D





    wind turbines. wind turbines in evening
  • wind turbines in evening



  • wclyffe
    Dec 5, 07:50 AM
    It really appears as if TomTom didn't create any real inventory, and waited to see how popular the device would be. Now they are creating inventory based on orders. Not great, but I just don't think the car kit is worth $130 (w/tax) so I'll wait. The longer they wait to deliver it may be a plus for us because maybe we'll get a chance to see and hear reactions to the Magellan car kit.





    wind turbines. Wind turbines are a major
  • Wind turbines are a major



  • yfile
    Apr 24, 04:04 AM
    Retina 27'' LCD should be 7200x4080 pixels. I think we can't expect it in near future... but i'd love to see it :)





    wind turbines. Types of Wind Turbines
  • Types of Wind Turbines



  • vincenz
    Mar 28, 10:46 AM
    Surprised by the turn of events... but as all rumors, we have to take it with a grain of salt. Who knows who's right but Steve and his coterie?





    wind turbines. Indian Wind Turbine
  • Indian Wind Turbine



  • milo
    May 4, 05:09 PM
    And there's been exactly 0% of Operating Systems sold on the app store. And 0% of stories that downloading Lion will be excactly like downloading every other app on the app store.

    That's almost verbatim just what I was about to say.


    The number of lazy, complacent, disorganized, people that "don't want a disc lying around, or "don't want to keep track of one, is just hilarious.

    Or sad, depending on how you look at it.

    I don't see what's so lazy or sad about choosing a download over having to go to a store or have a physical disk delivered. Seems like the smarter option to me. And no, I don't want unnecessary physical media cluttering up my space. But that's just the tip of the iceberg, I'm much more excited about the advantages of a download than just getting rid of the physical disc. Sure, I'll back up the copy but I'd much rather have the option to put that backup on a disk with a bunch of other material than have a bunch of shiny coasters lying around.


    so...for those who cant wait to see the dvd drive removed from the macbook(pro)/mini..etc...how would one burn it onto a dvd?

    You wouldn't, and you wouldn't need to. I'd much prefer having it on a USB stick.


    It would be nice to know more details.

    (1) How will users on other than FAST cable modems get Loin?
    (2) How can we make emergency backups? I've been in a number of places were downloading gigabytes of data was not a viable option.
    (3) Did this idea spring from the "mind" of the same genius who came up with the New and Improved Apple Discussion boards?

    It would be nice if people would read the article instead of just posting questions that are already answered.





    wind turbines. MW Suzlon wind turbines.
  • MW Suzlon wind turbines.



  • iBug2
    Mar 30, 08:24 PM
    That's why they are, little by little, switching into the iOS experience... I'm quite inclined towards Lion being the last OS X version where the user will still be able to install applications on its own. The next one... I'm afraid... will be fully AppStore oriented... and that's when we will see the first jailbroken computers in history :D

    No, there's some more time for that one. But trust me, in our lifetime, we will witness a true closed PC marketspace, for all OS's, not just Mac OS. But those devices won't be called PC's anymore. The entire industry will go there, not just Apple. In 15 years or so, our whole computing will be done on the cloud and we will only have consoles at home, not CPU's. Many things will change. So being afraid of it is in vain.





    wind turbines. maglev wind turbines be
  • maglev wind turbines be



  • hushmartin
    Mar 28, 11:51 AM
    Better not be true. It sucks waiting for the new phone as it is, the 3gs has gotten old, slow and the battery is on the way down. I might be one of those people who gets so annoyed with waiting that I jump ship... and I *love* having an iPhone.

    I'm planning on getting a phone in July; I really hope it's an iPhone.





    wind turbines. GE Energy - Wind Turbines
  • GE Energy - Wind Turbines



  • lilo777
    Apr 20, 11:12 AM
    September is summer.

    Only in US. For the rest of the World (the northern part of it) summer starts on June 1st and ends on August 31st :)





    wind turbines. been wind turbines,
  • been wind turbines,



  • NebulaClash
    Apr 25, 10:18 AM
    .What people are looking? The press? The "journalistic" dingbats of today couldn't do an expose on how to break out of a wet paper bag if their life depended on it. The brilliant politicians?! They don't know squat and are only as informed as (in this case, Apple), their source lets them be. Otherwise they know squat! ../

    Politicians and reporters? Why would you think they would be the ones to investigate it? No, I was talking about computer folks, hackers, jailbreakers, all the people who love to take Apple's stuff apart. It would be an enourmous coup to be able to prove this info is being transmitted back to Apple. You'd have every news organization reporting your findings.

    Yet it does not happen. Because no one can find any evidence that anything Steve said is wrong.





    wind turbines. bahrain-wtc-wind-turbines
  • bahrain-wtc-wind-turbines



  • genetechnics
    Jul 30, 06:54 AM
    So we need cell computers.

    http://geocities.com/gene_technics

    A real device that works.





    wind turbines. Wind turbines: Wind turbines
  • Wind turbines: Wind turbines



  • wizard
    Mar 27, 11:42 AM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Problem I have is timing. Why does Apple continue to release the new iPhone / iPad yet we have to wait months afterwards for the iOS update to take advantage of them? :confused: Last year it took until November for the original iPad update. Now they're going to offer the iPhone 5 with a several month lag for the iOS 5 upgrade?

    Hardware and software have little to do with each other in the large. That is at the low level each new piece of hardware requires it's one special software, but this is low level. The services and functionality rumored to come in iOS 5 are high level abstracted away from the hardware. I would much prefer that Apple took it's time with iOS 5 and actually get it right.

    On a side note I could see an iPad 3 in the fall. It wouldn't be a massive upgrade though. As I see a model optimized for 4G coming. There is also the potential for an even lower power variant of A5 coming built on 32/28nm tech. Such a processor would show up in an iPhone first and then move to iPad to replace the big chip there.





    Rad99004
    Mar 28, 11:05 AM
    Not cool. Coming from an iPhone 3GS, I seriously don't want to wait.

    Same here, out of contract with a 3GS. I'm not about to buy an Iphone 4 or wait another year.

    If they don't release one this year I may have to try an android based phone with flash !

    Never thought I would say it. I hope the rumors are wrong.

    I also hope the new phone doesn't have a curved back like all the pictures.

    I like the look of the Iphone 4 and hate the mute slider on the Ipad.

    All I want is a bigger screen, better camera, faster processor and more memory.





    iMeowbot
    Jul 30, 11:37 PM
    iphone.org isn't owned by Apple, therefore, Someone who wanted to fool people and couldn't afford to pay for a .com name could have easily bought this name and just directed it to apple.com.
    It is owned by Apple, and has been for years. Nobody knows why, the .org would be kind of obscure for pushing a product.





    yellowballoon
    Mar 29, 12:27 PM
    Come on Apple you can do it ..

    Having bought a good chunk of my media library of iTunes I would love to back that up into the cloud .. wirelessly syncing my phone would be heaven.

    Hopeing Apple has something good up their sleeves.

    T.

    LOL..yeah Windows Phone beat them to the wireless syncing..what a joke Apple!





    Warbrain
    Nov 26, 10:39 AM
    To me, Tablets are worthless. I've had to deal with them at work because some people continue to order them for all their tasks, but they're less mobile than some laptops. They're usually the same thickness or size as a portable, so why carry something that's going to be crippled in some manner?





    Xian Zhu Xuande
    Apr 5, 02:08 PM
    Disappointing. Apple could have left this one alone.

    Lame. You can be sure Toyota will capitulate to the Apple strong arm.
    It doesn't make sense for Toyota to make a stink over this. It just doesn't make good business sense. There's a reason why businesses aren't managed in the same ways children bicker behind schools.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment