LouieSamman
Mar 30, 05:47 PM
Please bring a huge UI overhaul. Lets see something new.
New UI & Grand features is what is to be expected with this update.
We already know that the aqua look is gone. The ios scrollbar shown on Lion is an example of the aqua leaving for good.
I can see lots of the applications such as Safari, Contacts, Calender, mail, ect is going to get a new look.
Very exciting to know that it's coming out this summer!
New UI & Grand features is what is to be expected with this update.
We already know that the aqua look is gone. The ios scrollbar shown on Lion is an example of the aqua leaving for good.
I can see lots of the applications such as Safari, Contacts, Calender, mail, ect is going to get a new look.
Very exciting to know that it's coming out this summer!
mrwilly123
Aug 12, 06:04 PM
The updated Books will not be a qualifying Mac for the Free iPod.
You're wrong. The promotion is for ANY mac before September 16, as Nuks said. They can't (and won't) change the terms of the promotion before it expires.
I'm planning to order a MBP and a nano right after Paris. If MBPs come out before Paris, I'm still going to wait to see if they revise the nano...that would make up for the 3 months of waiting to get the MBP.
You're wrong. The promotion is for ANY mac before September 16, as Nuks said. They can't (and won't) change the terms of the promotion before it expires.
I'm planning to order a MBP and a nano right after Paris. If MBPs come out before Paris, I'm still going to wait to see if they revise the nano...that would make up for the 3 months of waiting to get the MBP.
nuckinfutz
May 7, 12:19 PM
MobileMe will make the "most" sense to you in your greatest time of need.
For me it was getting hacked and my iPhone wiped. Since I keep my OS X Address Book, Contacts and Bookmarks up to date I was back to normal in about an hour. All contacts, documents and bookmarks just like I had left them. That's when I knew the money was well spent.
I've got to give kudos to MobileMe support. I couldn't talk on the phone but I was able to chat with a live representative and she helped me get reset. I understand why companies like to chat instead of use the phone because people tend to be more terse over chat as opposed to gabby on the phone.
The sync features are the reason for MobileMe. They will save your ass someday if use them.
For me it was getting hacked and my iPhone wiped. Since I keep my OS X Address Book, Contacts and Bookmarks up to date I was back to normal in about an hour. All contacts, documents and bookmarks just like I had left them. That's when I knew the money was well spent.
I've got to give kudos to MobileMe support. I couldn't talk on the phone but I was able to chat with a live representative and she helped me get reset. I understand why companies like to chat instead of use the phone because people tend to be more terse over chat as opposed to gabby on the phone.
The sync features are the reason for MobileMe. They will save your ass someday if use them.
GregA
Nov 27, 03:58 PM
Just to add a little fuel to the fire - I found this on MacSurfer - likely another source, sounded a little different. The plot thickens...
http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Automation/Display_Panels?Article=/Automation/Display%20Panels/H9R6N2M2The original article here is based on this smarthouse article, and has a link to it :) So unfortunately, the plot stays the same :)
Excluding the pro and business market is what puzzles me. I can see photographers, artists and others taking advantage of a light pen to draw, anotate, and edit photos. I can see all sorts of people bringing them into meetings to write notes and do presentations connected to a projector. I do not see it being that useful in the home market (other than as a standard computer), but what the heck do I know.What the hell do any of us know :). Interesting to speculate though.
I'll have to ask my partner about the graphics stuff - she's a high end graphic designer and a painter. My first thought is "the touch screen can't mimic her hand tools"... I figure that the accuracy of where she's touching the screen, the pressure she's exerting etc, will not be enough for real work
If it provids full laptop functionality (-minus keyboard) and a light pen with solid hand writting recognition, I would certainly consider purchasing. But don't skimp on power, needs those 2GH Core2 duo's) and a decent 3d video card. Great on the airplane also.There is a market for this (not for me), but if they do this then developers will write for it as if it's a laptop... they'll keep thinking inside the box. And if the software is written for a laptop but works on a tablet, many people will simply buy a laptop.
I can't forsee the other applications possible, but if Apple forces a shift in user and developers thinking then there's room for some great stuff. So far I've assumed the way to do this is to not be full power but fill a different niche (at least to start)... I may be wrong.
Most home authomation if I remeber correctly is based on X10 or something like that. If it is different than X10, then they would need to also sell little devices that connects to lights and other electical devices so they can be remotely controlled.Yeah, hopefully Apple would pick one of the standards and work with that - even if they also sell little devices to plug into lights etc. It's useful to be able to put a different brand in occassionally.
http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Automation/Display_Panels?Article=/Automation/Display%20Panels/H9R6N2M2The original article here is based on this smarthouse article, and has a link to it :) So unfortunately, the plot stays the same :)
Excluding the pro and business market is what puzzles me. I can see photographers, artists and others taking advantage of a light pen to draw, anotate, and edit photos. I can see all sorts of people bringing them into meetings to write notes and do presentations connected to a projector. I do not see it being that useful in the home market (other than as a standard computer), but what the heck do I know.What the hell do any of us know :). Interesting to speculate though.
I'll have to ask my partner about the graphics stuff - she's a high end graphic designer and a painter. My first thought is "the touch screen can't mimic her hand tools"... I figure that the accuracy of where she's touching the screen, the pressure she's exerting etc, will not be enough for real work
If it provids full laptop functionality (-minus keyboard) and a light pen with solid hand writting recognition, I would certainly consider purchasing. But don't skimp on power, needs those 2GH Core2 duo's) and a decent 3d video card. Great on the airplane also.There is a market for this (not for me), but if they do this then developers will write for it as if it's a laptop... they'll keep thinking inside the box. And if the software is written for a laptop but works on a tablet, many people will simply buy a laptop.
I can't forsee the other applications possible, but if Apple forces a shift in user and developers thinking then there's room for some great stuff. So far I've assumed the way to do this is to not be full power but fill a different niche (at least to start)... I may be wrong.
Most home authomation if I remeber correctly is based on X10 or something like that. If it is different than X10, then they would need to also sell little devices that connects to lights and other electical devices so they can be remotely controlled.Yeah, hopefully Apple would pick one of the standards and work with that - even if they also sell little devices to plug into lights etc. It's useful to be able to put a different brand in occassionally.
McBeats
Apr 5, 04:46 PM
compared to sony, apple is damn near supporting the jailbreak community
totally agreed...
------
Anyway it's ********** ugly!
EXACTLY. Sorry Toyota, but it's pretty rough.
totally agreed...
------
Anyway it's ********** ugly!
EXACTLY. Sorry Toyota, but it's pretty rough.
Kwill
Apr 18, 03:56 PM
Don't bite the hand that screws you. :eek:
Reed Rothchild
Mar 29, 03:55 PM
Ok, no offense, but you are not a designer are you lol??? And I have yet to see anything on Android that looks "very nice", just sayin'!
No offense taken, but seriously how is the web interface to my digital locker so offensive?
screenshot (http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5224/5571848363_7544628f92_b.jpg).
Not that I'd normally be accessing my media via a desktop website. That's why Amazon also offer a nice and visually friendly (https://ssl.gstatic.com/android/market/com.amazon.mp3/ss-1-320-480-160-2-251c9c92d6a55c8108001da1d17520acb8db9c80) app for your mobile devices :).
No offense taken, but seriously how is the web interface to my digital locker so offensive?
screenshot (http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5224/5571848363_7544628f92_b.jpg).
Not that I'd normally be accessing my media via a desktop website. That's why Amazon also offer a nice and visually friendly (https://ssl.gstatic.com/android/market/com.amazon.mp3/ss-1-320-480-160-2-251c9c92d6a55c8108001da1d17520acb8db9c80) app for your mobile devices :).
Consultant
Apr 26, 02:51 PM
Too bad Android makers are basically giving them away to gain market share.
And doesn't Nokia still making more money on ovi than Google's android store?
And doesn't Nokia still making more money on ovi than Google's android store?
iZac
Mar 28, 12:14 PM
Now in what way would that possibly make sense? Are you being serious or just plucking out of thin air?
the thinnest :P
I think my desire for a 64 gig white iPhone is just reaching desperation.
the thinnest :P
I think my desire for a 64 gig white iPhone is just reaching desperation.
nitynate
Sep 11, 05:27 AM
:rolleyes:
Well, my generation, we dont need wheel barrows!
We get 10MB/s connections.
Aye.
Well, my generation, we dont need wheel barrows!
We get 10MB/s connections.
Aye.
p0intblank
Nov 22, 07:19 AM
Talk about a bold assumption... Steve Jobs isn't stupid. He knows what needs to be done to make cell phones innovative and easy to use. After all, he does own the world when it comes portable music players. :rolleyes:
Palm is just scared, that's all. It's kind of cute, really.
Palm is just scared, that's all. It's kind of cute, really.
silentnite
Apr 25, 11:44 AM
Good answer, that's the same thing my attorney said to do. Deny everything.:D
bedifferent
Mar 31, 03:58 AM
Sure, I know. It's just plain stupid default-settings if you ask me.
I can't imagine this is a better default setting for new users.
One aspect that always bothered me since Leopard: having a silver dock with light indicators. It makes determining running apps in the dock very difficult. One of the first things I do is change my dock to black glass and add stack overlays:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ember/4xfOeej6P9j8aNcXnJUt9sTOnXbNNk8l_l.png
I can't imagine this is a better default setting for new users.
One aspect that always bothered me since Leopard: having a silver dock with light indicators. It makes determining running apps in the dock very difficult. One of the first things I do is change my dock to black glass and add stack overlays:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ember/4xfOeej6P9j8aNcXnJUt9sTOnXbNNk8l_l.png
iScott428
Mar 29, 04:28 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
You really don't know what you are talking about. Many American businesses are world class. That doesn't include 2/3rds of the American auto industry sadly but GM made a management decision to sell crap and Chrysler never did sell anything of quality. However just because one industry is less than stellar it doesn't mean all are.
I'm not sure where you are on this planet but where I'm at we export a great deal of stuff to the rest of the world. Some of it even consumer level.
A wise person shops with an open mind. You seem to have closed yours and thus send all your dollars over seas. Sad really.
I Kind of have to disagree, then I agree with you as well that many in fact most American Businesses are great companies. Both Chrysler and GM have made and will make great vehicles in the future. And yes we do export a crap ton of products over seas, some good others not. Also I shop with the most open mind available, looking for the best quality products, at the best prices, with the best function and then form and too many other variable to list off.
And yes this is so far off topic its amazing where tangents can go.
You really don't know what you are talking about. Many American businesses are world class. That doesn't include 2/3rds of the American auto industry sadly but GM made a management decision to sell crap and Chrysler never did sell anything of quality. However just because one industry is less than stellar it doesn't mean all are.
I'm not sure where you are on this planet but where I'm at we export a great deal of stuff to the rest of the world. Some of it even consumer level.
A wise person shops with an open mind. You seem to have closed yours and thus send all your dollars over seas. Sad really.
I Kind of have to disagree, then I agree with you as well that many in fact most American Businesses are great companies. Both Chrysler and GM have made and will make great vehicles in the future. And yes we do export a crap ton of products over seas, some good others not. Also I shop with the most open mind available, looking for the best quality products, at the best prices, with the best function and then form and too many other variable to list off.
And yes this is so far off topic its amazing where tangents can go.
lamina
Nov 22, 11:04 AM
If Apple came out with a PDA, I would buy it in a split second. I am in the market for a PDA, but I don't like the feel of the Windows OS or whatever is on them.
I would want it to be slightly wider than the current 5th gen iPod, with the same height, and all virtual controls.
Come to think of it, why not just make a full screen iPod with PDA capabilities, especially bluetooth. Bluetooth wouldn't be too useful for song transfers (isn't it limited to 1 megabit/s?) but for calendar files and contacts, even pictures, it would be perfect.
Ohh Apple please come out with a PDA. I don't even want the cell phone feature.
I would want it to be slightly wider than the current 5th gen iPod, with the same height, and all virtual controls.
Come to think of it, why not just make a full screen iPod with PDA capabilities, especially bluetooth. Bluetooth wouldn't be too useful for song transfers (isn't it limited to 1 megabit/s?) but for calendar files and contacts, even pictures, it would be perfect.
Ohh Apple please come out with a PDA. I don't even want the cell phone feature.
toddybody
Mar 30, 11:13 AM
Kudos to Amazon for allowing non-amazon content to be saved. This is just plain cool. The revamped Mobile Me will be plagued by Apple's MO.
vigilant
Mar 30, 07:02 PM
If you spent anytime whatsoever with the 1st Developer build, you'll know they did away with both the Snow Leopard and iTunes scroll bars. They have adopted the vanishing iOS scrolls.
I think old school scroll bars are still in Carbon applications. I remember it seeming jarring when I would go into certain applications and they were there.
My download just finished, about to start installation!
I think old school scroll bars are still in Carbon applications. I remember it seeming jarring when I would go into certain applications and they were there.
My download just finished, about to start installation!
Grokgod
Aug 7, 08:29 PM
well I called back and upped the ram to 2 gigs which is what i consider the base really.
I just didnt want to go running around looking for ram to get to work.
Crucial doesnt have anything for the MacPro yet and I was fooled by the strange new words and the "you will have heat problems if you buy other ram from other makers that dont have heat sinks!"
What the??
So I feel for it and bit another 300 offa my wallet.
figure that with this base i can then search at a somewhat leisurely pace to get the other 4 gigs kits that will fit in the remaining slots.
Please someone tell me it was a smart move?
TIA
I just didnt want to go running around looking for ram to get to work.
Crucial doesnt have anything for the MacPro yet and I was fooled by the strange new words and the "you will have heat problems if you buy other ram from other makers that dont have heat sinks!"
What the??
So I feel for it and bit another 300 offa my wallet.
figure that with this base i can then search at a somewhat leisurely pace to get the other 4 gigs kits that will fit in the remaining slots.
Please someone tell me it was a smart move?
TIA
freebooter
Sep 16, 12:37 AM
I think you should go get your prostate checked.
good one!
good one!
ScoopOZ
Nov 27, 12:38 AM
I wrote the original story based on information from Taiwan.
Unorthodox
Aug 11, 09:02 AM
Booooooo! Boooooo! :mad:
I want my MBP now! :mad:
Next month! :mad:
So does that mean MacWorld Paris?
Why would they give the Macbook that but leave the iMac with the original Core Duo? Doesn't make sense. I would think all three would get it or just the Macbook Pro.
Actually I think they should keep the mini and MB with the older processors; but lower the price.
Remember the Pro in MacBook Pro stands for PRO! So it should be better.
I need coffeeeeee......
I want my MBP now! :mad:
Next month! :mad:
So does that mean MacWorld Paris?
Why would they give the Macbook that but leave the iMac with the original Core Duo? Doesn't make sense. I would think all three would get it or just the Macbook Pro.
Actually I think they should keep the mini and MB with the older processors; but lower the price.
Remember the Pro in MacBook Pro stands for PRO! So it should be better.
I need coffeeeeee......
TequilaBoobs
Nov 22, 08:18 PM
apple knows hot to create sexy products and market a gotta-have-it item, and with the cell phone market fickle yet fervent, a brand name like apple with premium brand badging and daring design could make big waves and have their loyal fanbase purchase yet another apple product in a different arena... i think its a good risk on apples part and will probably make me shares go up.
illbeback
Apr 5, 04:31 PM
Jobs should just make an iCar and show Toyota how to do it!
ravenvii
May 3, 09:53 PM
You guys responded to Ravenvii saying that Traps and monsters don't harm the villain, but in the OP, in the Q&A's, you wrote:
- can the villain/monster fall into the traps?
Villain (a stupid one): yes, Monsters: No (since they don't move).
Was that just being funny, or is it a conflicting rule?
Thanks!
Oops. Fixed. (The first answer is correct; fixed the second answer).
Not according to the OP he didn't. In the example the hero had one AP and the monster had one AP. Solomon how did the hero win?
I'm not understanding, what example are you speaking of?
Also where the hell is this lair???
That's what you're supposed to find. Therein awaits the Artifact, and most likely the Villain.
- can the villain/monster fall into the traps?
Villain (a stupid one): yes, Monsters: No (since they don't move).
Was that just being funny, or is it a conflicting rule?
Thanks!
Oops. Fixed. (The first answer is correct; fixed the second answer).
Not according to the OP he didn't. In the example the hero had one AP and the monster had one AP. Solomon how did the hero win?
I'm not understanding, what example are you speaking of?
Also where the hell is this lair???
That's what you're supposed to find. Therein awaits the Artifact, and most likely the Villain.
No comments:
Post a Comment