JMax1
Nov 28, 06:43 PM
"It would be a nice idea."
What does that mean? I have lots of nice ideas for getting money when I didn't do anything.
By this logic, shouldn't Universal also get royalties for every CD player, Cassette player, and radio sold?
Might as well cash in on the giant cash cow that is the iPod :rolleyes:
What does that mean? I have lots of nice ideas for getting money when I didn't do anything.
By this logic, shouldn't Universal also get royalties for every CD player, Cassette player, and radio sold?
Might as well cash in on the giant cash cow that is the iPod :rolleyes:
MattSepeta
Mar 23, 11:20 AM
I certainly realize that the circumstances are different, but the fact remains, we launched missiles at another country.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adpa5kYUhCA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adpa5kYUhCA
skunk
Mar 1, 04:55 PM
The legal definition of marriage according to the government of the United States of America "...'marriage' means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife..."I can't help it if you live in a backward country. I was talking about civilised norms. And whatever your cockeyed definition, it is still not equality.
Cougarcat
Mar 26, 01:55 PM
They would have to: otherwise MBA users wouldn't be able to upgrade.
No, they could go DVD or Mac App Store. I hope we get a USB version, but I don't think it'll happen.
No, they could go DVD or Mac App Store. I hope we get a USB version, but I don't think it'll happen.
Doctor Q
Jul 14, 04:02 PM
top heavy is just idiotic.Case designers aren't perfect, but they aren't idiots either. Some PCs have power supplies on top, despite the top heaviness and the extra path for the power cable. What's the reason? There must be some tradeoff involved or they'd never build them that way.
brepublican
Sep 19, 12:15 AM
G5 PowerBooks next tuesday :confused:
:D
That one never gets old :D
Seriously though, I'm not holding my breath. Really not in the market for a notebook at the mo... But it'd still be sweet to get some updates. Keeps me feeling all warm and fuzzy :)
:D
That one never gets old :D
Seriously though, I'm not holding my breath. Really not in the market for a notebook at the mo... But it'd still be sweet to get some updates. Keeps me feeling all warm and fuzzy :)
seenew
Aug 27, 02:49 AM
What do you guys think the new iMac specs will be like?
Let's say on the 17" iMac maybe a 250 gig hard disk, 1 gb ram, upgraded video card, and conroe at some speed who cares what for $1299? Sounds sweet but not outrageously impossible.
I already have those stats, I want to see them drop in a high-end Conroe (~3GHz) so I would know that I could feasibly upgrade my 2GHz Core Duo in the future. It's possible, isn't it? I mean, the G5's were really hot, and the iMac enclosure could handle that, wouldn't the new Intel ones be able to handle the Conroe Extremes?
Let's say on the 17" iMac maybe a 250 gig hard disk, 1 gb ram, upgraded video card, and conroe at some speed who cares what for $1299? Sounds sweet but not outrageously impossible.
I already have those stats, I want to see them drop in a high-end Conroe (~3GHz) so I would know that I could feasibly upgrade my 2GHz Core Duo in the future. It's possible, isn't it? I mean, the G5's were really hot, and the iMac enclosure could handle that, wouldn't the new Intel ones be able to handle the Conroe Extremes?
citizenzen
Apr 28, 04:05 PM
If liberals would stop 'crying wolf' ('claiming racism') at every corner, we might actually take them seriously and help out when there's actual evidence.
Likewise, if conservatives would not turn a blind-eye to obviously something that is racially motivated, we might actually take them seriously.
If there's not enough evidence that the birth certificate issue is racially motivated, then I can't imagine what it would require for something to meet standard.
Likewise, if conservatives would not turn a blind-eye to obviously something that is racially motivated, we might actually take them seriously.
If there's not enough evidence that the birth certificate issue is racially motivated, then I can't imagine what it would require for something to meet standard.
iFry
Jul 31, 12:28 PM
Sure, it may be more expensive than a custom-built Intel machine, but it will run OS X like a charm, and that's ultimately the most important factor in my computer purchase. But access to Windows games and Mac OS X, that's a dream come true for this mac fanatic. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that virtualization makes big enough strides that I never have to leave OS X to play Windows-based games.
my thoughts exactly... MacBook Pro in two weeks :D
wish i had that Core 2 goin in it...
my thoughts exactly... MacBook Pro in two weeks :D
wish i had that Core 2 goin in it...

kdarling
Apr 20, 12:34 PM
The Galaxy S phone with the closest and most striking resemblance to the iPhone is easily the international i9000 version.
Cool. Okay here's a video comparison side by side (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTUlNWnyhuo&feature=player_embedded#at=23) with a 3GS outside in the sun.
From the side, the Galaxy i9000 cannot be mistaken for a 3GS, I'd think. And boy is the Samsung's screen larger:
Cool. Okay here's a video comparison side by side (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTUlNWnyhuo&feature=player_embedded#at=23) with a 3GS outside in the sun.
From the side, the Galaxy i9000 cannot be mistaken for a 3GS, I'd think. And boy is the Samsung's screen larger:
THX1139
Apr 10, 08:28 PM
So munch elitism there it's dripping off my screen. Your post is funny b/c when FCP 1.0 was announced the many of "pro" editors of the time gasped b/c it, well, "dumbed down" editing, similar to how Pagemaker 1.0 dumbed down publishing.
What Apple does best, what it's always done best, is define new paradigms. It sounds like that is what may happen on Tues. Clearly, for all your snobbery, you are a horse and buggy driver and not a buyer into the Model T thing. Enjoy your Linux, but physical media is still dying, nonetheless. Editing for the web needs a new set of editing tools. YouTube has a lot of professionally edited material. It's not all cell phone clips.
So, in other words... you are excited that Apple might be dumbing down FCS for you? Well, good for you! Maybe you will be understand how to use it now to edit weekend skate videos of you and your buddies. Have fun with that.
What Apple does best, what it's always done best, is define new paradigms. It sounds like that is what may happen on Tues. Clearly, for all your snobbery, you are a horse and buggy driver and not a buyer into the Model T thing. Enjoy your Linux, but physical media is still dying, nonetheless. Editing for the web needs a new set of editing tools. YouTube has a lot of professionally edited material. It's not all cell phone clips.
So, in other words... you are excited that Apple might be dumbing down FCS for you? Well, good for you! Maybe you will be understand how to use it now to edit weekend skate videos of you and your buddies. Have fun with that.
mr.steevo
Apr 27, 10:05 AM
I don't understand politics. Your economy is sinking, unemployment rates are high, real estate prices have collapsed, gasoline prices are spiking. The world is wondering if this is the end of America's super status and there is more concern over a birth certificate issue that was put to bed 3 years ago.??
From where I'm standing the US is in serious financial trouble based on the decisions of previous governments and the current government is left cleaning it up. This is the worst time for the left and right to be bickering about such pettiness as a slow economic fall is becoming inevitable. This is like watching two officers argue about who gets to lower the lifeboats while the Titanic is sinking.
From where I'm standing the US is in serious financial trouble based on the decisions of previous governments and the current government is left cleaning it up. This is the worst time for the left and right to be bickering about such pettiness as a slow economic fall is becoming inevitable. This is like watching two officers argue about who gets to lower the lifeboats while the Titanic is sinking.
MacRumors
Apr 11, 11:22 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/11/iphone-5-to-start-production-in-september/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/04/223937-iphonekeynote.jpg

Design: Philippe Starck

PHILIPPE STARCK with FOSSIL

Design Philippe Starck

Geek Chic: Philippe Starck

Philippe Starck Low Back Costs

Philippe Starck#39;s New Products
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/04/223937-iphonekeynote.jpg
rdowns
Apr 28, 05:06 PM
Surely the comb-over is enough?
One would think.
http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/35182-donald_trump_comb_over.jpg
One would think.
http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/35182-donald_trump_comb_over.jpg
filmantopia
Apr 10, 01:23 PM
I bet they're going to lower the price too. :apple:
BC2009
Apr 7, 11:50 PM
As an example; lets say the local BB store got a 100 iPad 2 64GB 3G's in this morning. That is about $830K in sales. And lets say they average sales without the iPad 2 for the same day LY was $500K. Next year that manager would be looking at needing a $1.3M+ to make his goal.
Good example, bad math. 100 iPad 2 64GB 3G = $830 x 100 = $83,000, not $830K. If Best Buy stores were pulling in $1M+ per day or even $500k+ per day then their stock would go through the roof.
I concur with you on the whole bean counter thing. I work for a large company and its amazing to me how much money bean counters waste in their attempts to save a few pennies. We once spent over $10,000 in time (when computing hourly wage by salary) to purchase a $100 piece of software because the bean counters tried to make us jump through hoops to prove we really really could not do without it. It was sad.
Good example, bad math. 100 iPad 2 64GB 3G = $830 x 100 = $83,000, not $830K. If Best Buy stores were pulling in $1M+ per day or even $500k+ per day then their stock would go through the roof.
I concur with you on the whole bean counter thing. I work for a large company and its amazing to me how much money bean counters waste in their attempts to save a few pennies. We once spent over $10,000 in time (when computing hourly wage by salary) to purchase a $100 piece of software because the bean counters tried to make us jump through hoops to prove we really really could not do without it. It was sad.
chrono1081
Apr 10, 08:08 AM
Anyone else call BS on that whole article?
First, off: Its poorly written. As soon as I saw the "The Apple fan-boys out there will say that..."
Really? Speculation on what Apple "fanyboys" will say? Sounds like Engadget forums.
Second: Didn't ANYONE realize this is all rumor and speculation? Not fact?
I used to come to Macrumors to read about Mac news, but now its all anit-apple crap.
First, off: Its poorly written. As soon as I saw the "The Apple fan-boys out there will say that..."
Really? Speculation on what Apple "fanyboys" will say? Sounds like Engadget forums.
Second: Didn't ANYONE realize this is all rumor and speculation? Not fact?
I used to come to Macrumors to read about Mac news, but now its all anit-apple crap.
rosalindavenue
Mar 31, 03:18 PM
Not a problem for me. HTC does a great job keeping phones updated.
Spoken like someone who never owned an Eris.
Spoken like someone who never owned an Eris.

mgauss
Sep 19, 01:18 AM
Several other companies have 2 lb laptops. Where is my Mac 2 lb laptop?
jalman11
Apr 25, 01:41 PM
there is fine print somewhere about this...
I'm presuming that this data is not transmitted back to apple, therefore, should we also be upset that our own apple iphones and our own itunes backups "secretly" log our text messages and call logs... the horror.
I'm presuming that this data is not transmitted back to apple, therefore, should we also be upset that our own apple iphones and our own itunes backups "secretly" log our text messages and call logs... the horror.
kevin.rivers
Jul 14, 04:26 PM
<snipped...>I don't think you realize what you're asking for. A system that is capable of performing all possible tasks at once is just unrealistic. Nobody will ever equip a system like that, because no user will have those kinds of requirements.
Even in the PC world, where more slots are common, you almost never find a system that has actually filled all those slots with devices.
Amen. It makes me sick to see people crying foul.
"I want 4 of every port/slot there is, in a case that is no more than a foot tall, plus 2 3Ghz processors, blu-ray, dual gpus, all for $1500! And if Apple doesn't give it to me, I will never buy anything from them ever!"
Even though they will never even use them(all the ports/slots). Most people will fill the x16 and maybe an old school PCI slot. Thats about it.
Even in the PC world, where more slots are common, you almost never find a system that has actually filled all those slots with devices.
Amen. It makes me sick to see people crying foul.
"I want 4 of every port/slot there is, in a case that is no more than a foot tall, plus 2 3Ghz processors, blu-ray, dual gpus, all for $1500! And if Apple doesn't give it to me, I will never buy anything from them ever!"
Even though they will never even use them(all the ports/slots). Most people will fill the x16 and maybe an old school PCI slot. Thats about it.
FFTT
Sep 13, 11:07 PM
The current Mac Pro and even the Core Duo 2 iMacs are both amazing upgrades
to what most people were running 2 years ago.
Generally, I recommend waiting for those who already have a working OSX Tiger
machine.
However, if you NEED a new Pro workstation, the Mac Pro will pay for itself
in productivlty.
We also don't know how cool these new quad core processors will run.
At least we do know that the current Mac Pro is extemely quiet with power to spare.
to what most people were running 2 years ago.
Generally, I recommend waiting for those who already have a working OSX Tiger
machine.
However, if you NEED a new Pro workstation, the Mac Pro will pay for itself
in productivlty.
We also don't know how cool these new quad core processors will run.
At least we do know that the current Mac Pro is extemely quiet with power to spare.
Marlor
Apr 8, 02:13 AM
I do not intend to be rude, but there is a difference in HDMI cables, no matter what the Internet tells you. Conductors, shielding materials/layers and the way the connectors are put together are a few differentiators. An AudioQuest Coffee cable, for example, which is several hundred dollars ($600 I believe for a 1.5m) is made of pure silver starting with the tips and going the length of the cable. This is not the same as a no name $5 dollar HDMI cable from Amazon.
That would only make a difference if you are experiencing data corruption on the cheaper cable. However, if a $5 cable transfers all the data without corruption, then the end-result would be no different to what is offered by a $600 cable. Bits are bits, and if they all arrive intact, the cable is, by definition, perfect.
On the other hand, if you have some sort of special needs (e.g. needing a long cable in an area with lots of interference while transferring data with a high bandwidth), then a $5 cable might not be up-to-scratch. But it that is unlikely, so it's worth trying the $5 cable first.
That would only make a difference if you are experiencing data corruption on the cheaper cable. However, if a $5 cable transfers all the data without corruption, then the end-result would be no different to what is offered by a $600 cable. Bits are bits, and if they all arrive intact, the cable is, by definition, perfect.
On the other hand, if you have some sort of special needs (e.g. needing a long cable in an area with lots of interference while transferring data with a high bandwidth), then a $5 cable might not be up-to-scratch. But it that is unlikely, so it's worth trying the $5 cable first.
Eidorian
Jul 27, 02:32 PM
Actually, the merom in not completely compatible with the yonah chips. There will have to be some redesign on Apple's part that is supposed to delay the new MBPs. This article somewhat explains it:
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=249
Also, since Apple is now kind of competeing with PCs who get the newest and fastest, it would be in Apple's best interest to get these chips in MBPs asap. Also, it is easy to see that a lot of people are waiting to purchase a new Apple laptop with this technology. MBP's current sales are going to slump from here on out until this technology is put into some new computers.WRYYYYYY!!!
Looks like I'm going with a tower or iMac for school then.
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=249
Also, since Apple is now kind of competeing with PCs who get the newest and fastest, it would be in Apple's best interest to get these chips in MBPs asap. Also, it is easy to see that a lot of people are waiting to purchase a new Apple laptop with this technology. MBP's current sales are going to slump from here on out until this technology is put into some new computers.WRYYYYYY!!!
Looks like I'm going with a tower or iMac for school then.
No comments:
Post a Comment