Monday, June 14, 2010

Artwork in Tampa City Hall

I heard a story on the news a few days ago, and while I just caught the tail end of it, it's bothered me ever since.

Apparently the city of Tampa has spent major $ on new artwork for the hallways of City Hall.  While the city services departments are being hit with labor cuts and no raises.

Again, and I hate for this sound like this is my cure-all solution, but tap the art schools of University of Tampa, University of South FL.  Go to the TampaBay Performing Arts Center.  Even the local high schools.  Run a contest.  Hang their artwork in the City Hall.  Oh, how proud they'd be.  And their parents, too.

Such goodwill would be created.

And it doesn't even have to be a contest.  It could be opened to any student who wants to participate.

Anyway, that's my rambling for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment