It's Queen's Birthday weekend (yes Queen Elizabeth of England). Happy Birthday to the Queen. We celebrate Queen's Birthday by having a day off! Unfortunately the university where I work has other ideas and it gives us the day in lieu at Christmas time, so I am working today (sad face here). It was a busy weekend for me. I drove for 16 hours to visit with DS family. Dr. Notjustnat and I normally take turn driving, but this time he was busy rehearsing. There I said it, he is acting in a film called 'Life after Life' a catching name right? I thought I would give them free advertising on here. I can see you want to know more about 'Life after Life'? Sorry the only thing I know is that his role is of a jazz bar owner. Will keep you posted when I know more. Back to driving for 16 hours by myself. I love driving in my almost new car I got for Christmas. It drives like a dream and I have two audio books to listen to. It keeps me company and from falling asleep.
Added bonus to my long drive was stopping half way in Wodonga to meet a blogger friend Sue-Anne from Buddy & Me. Sue-Anne kindly offered to meet me at Patchwork on Stonleigh. We communicate with our be-love iPhones and we arrived at Patchwork on Stonleigh at the same time. We gave each big hug like a long lost friends. We chatted so fast about anything and everything. Having read each other's blogs for awhile we sort of knew each other well. It was great to meet you Sue-Anne. We must do it again.
The only stitching I did this last week was my 'cloth to cloth' assignments. Here are some I can show you. In the above collage are some of my blocks from my class assignment. These are the ones I partial stitched on.I call this block deer garden. It reminds me of a deer garden in Nara, Japan. I found this piece of cloth with Mont Blanc and a deer print on it. And when it came to weave it I decided to leave the deer and wove around it.
A lot of us in the class were talking about pincushions. I have a bit of a pincushion addiction so I made one from woven cloth with appliqué feather on top.
Strips of fabric were everywhere after weaving each blocks for 'cloth to cloth'. What's better use of them than weave them into a rag basket. This technique of basket is call 'stitch basket'.
On my visit to DS's family I was helping out in their garden and let DG have the freedom of running around in the backyard. I came across newly pruned vines so with a waste not want not habit, I quickly wove them into a bird nest using random weave technique. It was big enough for DIL to sit a pot plant inside and use it to decorate their garden. That's all I have done in the past week. Not a lot is it...!






No comments:
Post a Comment