ImNoSuperMan
Aug 4, 02:07 AM
Never buy an apple product!!!
As soon as you do something new and better comes out!!!
AAAHHHHHH
I am typing this away on my new Macbook, Core 1 Duo; which i bought under the self-brainwashed reasoning that the MBP alone would see 2x2. Why you ask? Cuz I figured hey, the MB JUST came out, why refresh it every 2 months! The MBP has been out like 8 months, that makes sense.
I can only PRAY I am right.
No that my Macbook will be instant crap... I just COULD have waited until september.
Damn you apple...
Dont worry. I m still pretty sure that you wont get meroms in MB before this november. All we might see is a little price drop for the current Yonah MBs.
At best, there might be a Merom BlackBook available with Merom MBP. Thereby making a fool of everyone who`s bought a BlackBook for 150$ premium:p . Huh,,, I`d love to see a 1599$ Merom BlackBook with backlit keyboard this monday. Thank God I got the white book instead.:)
As soon as you do something new and better comes out!!!
AAAHHHHHH
I am typing this away on my new Macbook, Core 1 Duo; which i bought under the self-brainwashed reasoning that the MBP alone would see 2x2. Why you ask? Cuz I figured hey, the MB JUST came out, why refresh it every 2 months! The MBP has been out like 8 months, that makes sense.
I can only PRAY I am right.
No that my Macbook will be instant crap... I just COULD have waited until september.
Damn you apple...
Dont worry. I m still pretty sure that you wont get meroms in MB before this november. All we might see is a little price drop for the current Yonah MBs.
At best, there might be a Merom BlackBook available with Merom MBP. Thereby making a fool of everyone who`s bought a BlackBook for 150$ premium:p . Huh,,, I`d love to see a 1599$ Merom BlackBook with backlit keyboard this monday. Thank God I got the white book instead.:)
daneoni
Jul 21, 09:41 PM
now if apple can build a laptop that won't give me a first degree burn we're in business :cool:
As well as one that won't gimme a headache nor react with my body (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=518047&tstart=0)
As well as one that won't gimme a headache nor react with my body (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=518047&tstart=0)
mikemac11
Mar 30, 07:47 PM
Mac rumors please stop listening to TechCrunch.
Moyank24
May 3, 10:07 PM
ok, this is my proposal so we get going:
we temporarily split in two groups.
round1 turn 1:
a) appleguy (wilmer) and one or two more (ucf-rohn and aggie-rosius?) explore the start room
b) moyank (beatrice), me (Loras), plutonius (Jorah) and maybe another one (eldiablo-dante?) split and move to the door to the top right, as suggested by beatrice. hopefully no monster there on round one, but if so 3-4 people should be enough to deal with it
round1 turn2:
- group a) joins group b) in the same room
- group b) explores the second room for traps and treasure

William Moseley

William Moseley

william moseley nice

William Moseley

William Moseley aka Peter in

10 William Moseley

William Moseley Hairstyle

William Moseley by Petra

william moseley. william

William Moseley

William Moseley

Biography for William Moseley
we temporarily split in two groups.
round1 turn 1:
a) appleguy (wilmer) and one or two more (ucf-rohn and aggie-rosius?) explore the start room
b) moyank (beatrice), me (Loras), plutonius (Jorah) and maybe another one (eldiablo-dante?) split and move to the door to the top right, as suggested by beatrice. hopefully no monster there on round one, but if so 3-4 people should be enough to deal with it
round1 turn2:
- group a) joins group b) in the same room
- group b) explores the second room for traps and treasure
Jbgloss
Apr 21, 09:46 PM
I think the iMac will take care of gamers and builders.. the mac pro is NOT a gaming device, it is a high class workstation that is designed for use with using and manipulating multi-threaded pro and audio apps.. Personally, I could care less about a new case design.. right now I just care that I can prolong the 6-core machine I have now.. and for my purposes, which are far and few between, the 6 core does everything I throw at it for a DAILY, email based machine.. I use it for dvd encoding, NO VIDEO EDITING(this area does not interest me one iota). If anything, i would use it for photography and everyday stuff, such as internet surfing, researching, writing books, etc.
I only got this for its expandability, as I despise an all in one machine like the iMac - if the screen goes, the whole thing needs to be replaced or repaired.. all in one desktops such as the imac are a dead end as one can't upgrade the processor easily if not at all..
Everyone please excuse me for my attitudes, I am going through a real tough time right now and have 103 temperature at the moment.
AMEN - 2 months into my Hex 3.33 I do minimal FCP and love this machine....I do just about what you do writing, ton's of internet work, my podcast, etc.... Same thoughts as you....
DRINK a lot of fluids bro and get well
JB
I only got this for its expandability, as I despise an all in one machine like the iMac - if the screen goes, the whole thing needs to be replaced or repaired.. all in one desktops such as the imac are a dead end as one can't upgrade the processor easily if not at all..
Everyone please excuse me for my attitudes, I am going through a real tough time right now and have 103 temperature at the moment.
AMEN - 2 months into my Hex 3.33 I do minimal FCP and love this machine....I do just about what you do writing, ton's of internet work, my podcast, etc.... Same thoughts as you....
DRINK a lot of fluids bro and get well
JB
TigerWoodsIV
May 6, 12:42 AM
This would be a huge mistake. I could almost see Apple getting cocky and trying to pull it off again, but with the 3D chip technology announced by Intel the other day and the rapid pace they are innovating and shrinking chips while lower voltage in their planned chips, I think that if anything it'd be the opposite and Intel would move into mobile devices. ARM won't have anything on Intel's PC chips 2 years down the road.
It's not like Intel is getting complacent. They are boosting performance and increasing efficiency at a very fast pace, and with the huge lead they already have over ARM in the PC environment, how is it possible that they would catch up?
It's not like Intel is getting complacent. They are boosting performance and increasing efficiency at a very fast pace, and with the huge lead they already have over ARM in the PC environment, how is it possible that they would catch up?
BlizzardBomb
Jul 23, 10:03 AM
Why do I have some weird feeling that they will update the entire product line at WWDC?
If they did, it could work out quite well from a marketing point of view. However, I doubt it will all happen at WWDC. Maybe around September.
If they did, it could work out quite well from a marketing point of view. However, I doubt it will all happen at WWDC. Maybe around September.
Works4Me
Apr 21, 03:05 PM
totally gonna happen
It's totally maybe gonna happen! Seriously, I can see both pros and cons to this.
It's totally maybe gonna happen! Seriously, I can see both pros and cons to this.
Sedrick
Mar 27, 07:00 AM
cloud-based hosting for music, videos, and photos
Great, now I can pay data charges to access all my stuff. **** that.
Great, now I can pay data charges to access all my stuff. **** that.
MrChurchyard
Mar 31, 01:15 AM
WOW. In my years of OS X development and beta releases, this is the first time I believe Apple has released a developer preview with little to no beta releases, and pushed right into a half arsed possible GM build without the numerous beta's for 10.X refinements. For developers and companies who have been accustomed to Apple pushing bi-weekly beta's as the GM release approaches. This may not bold well for developers and companies transitioning their products/applications in time and with little "bumps" in the road.
You (and others) are aware that "Developer Previews", when available, have always predated the Beta releases? It's not even a beta.
Apple says they will release Lion in summer, only Dev Previews have appeared so far, and suddenly people think it plausible for Apple to release a GM build in March?
And btw, I'm really disappointed in the reporting of the ludicrous "GM" rumour as it's pretty obviously wrong - usually MacRumors curates their news better than this.
You (and others) are aware that "Developer Previews", when available, have always predated the Beta releases? It's not even a beta.
Apple says they will release Lion in summer, only Dev Previews have appeared so far, and suddenly people think it plausible for Apple to release a GM build in March?
And btw, I'm really disappointed in the reporting of the ludicrous "GM" rumour as it's pretty obviously wrong - usually MacRumors curates their news better than this.
mex4eric
Mar 29, 01:39 PM
This is undoubtedly one of the first of many dislocations of supply for our global economy caused by this massive disaster. But I suspect the Japanese are masters of diversification and will meet the challenges.
Chef Medeski
Aug 11, 10:28 PM
I'm not interested in purchasing a laptop yet... I was waiting for merom to make its way into a MB.... but also for Leopard so I don't have to pay $100 to upgrade in 4 months.
But, I also think the real update is with the Santa Rosa chipset... faster FSB... more ram.... 802.11N!!!!
Thats a big update compared to this.
I'm watching this though to see how quickly they update their models after a new product is announced, I mean its no longer like PPC days when they would be sitting waiting for the chip to arrive ... late....delayed...and generally just missing.... now they have to keep their computer up to date with the chips.
A quicker roll-out really would ease my mind, since that hopefully shows that Santa Rosa will be equally swiftly doled out.
Merom
802.11n
Blu-ray
Leopard
HD screen
7 hr battery for bare min. use
Thats the sweet spot. The last two would be icing on the cake... that would be wonderfully sweet from the blu-ray...
but hey... I think that will really show that apple is on the forefront of technology ... the EXTREME EDGE...
But, I also think the real update is with the Santa Rosa chipset... faster FSB... more ram.... 802.11N!!!!
Thats a big update compared to this.
I'm watching this though to see how quickly they update their models after a new product is announced, I mean its no longer like PPC days when they would be sitting waiting for the chip to arrive ... late....delayed...and generally just missing.... now they have to keep their computer up to date with the chips.
A quicker roll-out really would ease my mind, since that hopefully shows that Santa Rosa will be equally swiftly doled out.
Merom
802.11n
Blu-ray
Leopard
HD screen
7 hr battery for bare min. use
Thats the sweet spot. The last two would be icing on the cake... that would be wonderfully sweet from the blu-ray...
but hey... I think that will really show that apple is on the forefront of technology ... the EXTREME EDGE...

twoodcc
Aug 2, 01:54 PM
Ah, you're buying it at that tax-free thing right? This is a nice idea.
yeah i am. but it's going to be hard just looking at the box all day. and i already have 2GB of RAM here for it as well :o
yeah i am. but it's going to be hard just looking at the box all day. and i already have 2GB of RAM here for it as well :o
vand0576
Aug 11, 10:41 AM
so once these are released, what are the chances if my MBP was broken Apple Care would replace it with a new Core 2 Duo one?
Absolutely slim to none. When my 4G monochrome iPod broke down after both the releases to the iPod photo and iPoc 5G, I thought for sure I'd get an upgrade but it's not the case. I'm sure somehow they still have 4G ipods in stock. My guess is they hold them for two years after the last sale of the product, so that the applecare is meant to replace, not upgrade.
No chance your computer will be simply replaced. They would work on it, not upgrade it. Intel still makes the chips, and remember Apple has to buy them in lots of 1,000. They have plenty.
Absolutely slim to none. When my 4G monochrome iPod broke down after both the releases to the iPod photo and iPoc 5G, I thought for sure I'd get an upgrade but it's not the case. I'm sure somehow they still have 4G ipods in stock. My guess is they hold them for two years after the last sale of the product, so that the applecare is meant to replace, not upgrade.
No chance your computer will be simply replaced. They would work on it, not upgrade it. Intel still makes the chips, and remember Apple has to buy them in lots of 1,000. They have plenty.
Eidorian
Jul 22, 09:56 PM
Does this current set of chips include some very low power consumption chips for use in the Apple ultra-portable I want so badly?:confused:No
Hastings101
Apr 5, 01:22 PM
Honestly, I hope Toyota tells Apple to stuff it.
Me too.

William Moseley

william moseley. rather

William Moseley
Me too.
bradc
Jul 21, 02:04 PM
^^^^No kidding eh? Intel is on the move this year! Releasing products left/right¢re!
This WWDC will either be amazing or a total letdown?
This WWDC will either be amazing or a total letdown?

Ryth
Apr 21, 10:02 PM
CIA...
That setup screams 'old, slow legacy stuff'.
Why should a new iteration of the MacPro be a hostage to someone wanting a housing for 6 of their old, slow and small drives?
Why support 3 or 4 eSATA and Firewire expansion PCIe cards when that can all be done over a single Thunderbolt cable?
Sounds like your setup needs a bit of a spring clean. A newer, smaller box would force you to consolidate onto a smaller number of bigger and faster drives (those 150GB raptors are slow by today's standards).
Yah CIA, I think you'd be surprised with what little you can get by on these days in smaller boxes and with Thunderbolt.
And I agree with you, I hate tapes...lol. I wish we would go to 1 damn standard but we know that is how people make their money...no standards. I'm so sick of all the formats and all the output formats. I just want 1080p and that's it. Burn the rest. ;)
That setup screams 'old, slow legacy stuff'.
Why should a new iteration of the MacPro be a hostage to someone wanting a housing for 6 of their old, slow and small drives?
Why support 3 or 4 eSATA and Firewire expansion PCIe cards when that can all be done over a single Thunderbolt cable?
Sounds like your setup needs a bit of a spring clean. A newer, smaller box would force you to consolidate onto a smaller number of bigger and faster drives (those 150GB raptors are slow by today's standards).
Yah CIA, I think you'd be surprised with what little you can get by on these days in smaller boxes and with Thunderbolt.
And I agree with you, I hate tapes...lol. I wish we would go to 1 damn standard but we know that is how people make their money...no standards. I'm so sick of all the formats and all the output formats. I just want 1080p and that's it. Burn the rest. ;)
Don't panic
May 3, 08:43 PM
Yes but then we are in the sequence search then move as opposed to move then search.
From what was said in the rules, search then move is not desirable.
My vote is to move to another room and start searching it.
i second this motion. we could also split and move to and search two rooms, but it's probably best to wait for at least one up-level before we split.
which room is irrelevant.
another option, since from the GM's words the first round seems to be safe, would be to split in three groups: one goes to each of the adjacent rooms and then we all explore the thre next rooms. the next round we can converge back to the start room, explore it and be a single group again
the positive is that we find any treasure in the first 3 rooms, we expand the map, we also give less hint on where we can go next to mscriv.
the negative is that any treasure only applies to some of the people, and that we have to come back here to rejoin.
From what was said in the rules, search then move is not desirable.
My vote is to move to another room and start searching it.
i second this motion. we could also split and move to and search two rooms, but it's probably best to wait for at least one up-level before we split.
which room is irrelevant.
another option, since from the GM's words the first round seems to be safe, would be to split in three groups: one goes to each of the adjacent rooms and then we all explore the thre next rooms. the next round we can converge back to the start room, explore it and be a single group again
the positive is that we find any treasure in the first 3 rooms, we expand the map, we also give less hint on where we can go next to mscriv.
the negative is that any treasure only applies to some of the people, and that we have to come back here to rejoin.
hob
Mar 27, 05:03 PM
Cloud based services will require mobile phone operators to change their pricing structures or see lots of dissapointed customers.
O2 UK - 24 month contract �35pm, right now = 1000 SMS's, 600 minutes, 500MB data. I'd far rather see 500SMS's, 300 minutes, 1.5GB data... but of course, the SMS and minutes cost them next to nothing vs. data costs...
O2 UK - 24 month contract �35pm, right now = 1000 SMS's, 600 minutes, 500MB data. I'd far rather see 500SMS's, 300 minutes, 1.5GB data... but of course, the SMS and minutes cost them next to nothing vs. data costs...
chugg
Apr 18, 03:30 PM
Wow, an article about Apple suing someone, that has more negatives than positives?
Thats probably a first.
Give it some time and watch the positives skyrocket by the end of the day. If this were an article about Microsoft suing somebody, it'd be all negatives.
Thats probably a first.
Give it some time and watch the positives skyrocket by the end of the day. If this were an article about Microsoft suing somebody, it'd be all negatives.
SeaFox
Nov 26, 06:02 PM
2002 called, they want their platform idea back. :rolleyes:
Seriously, does anyone here even hear about tablet PCs anymore? Nope.
What happened with Microsoft Origami? Nothing.
What are people wanting to use for computing on the go? A smart phone.
Apple didn't get involved when this was "the rage" and I couldn't be happier. The idea never became anything more than a niche product in health care, manufacturing, and perhaps education. It bombed. And Apple wasn't left holding the bag on a bunch of unsold product. Another "failure in this companies beleaguered history" as it would be used as fodder in the press.
Seriously, does anyone here even hear about tablet PCs anymore? Nope.
What happened with Microsoft Origami? Nothing.
What are people wanting to use for computing on the go? A smart phone.
Apple didn't get involved when this was "the rage" and I couldn't be happier. The idea never became anything more than a niche product in health care, manufacturing, and perhaps education. It bombed. And Apple wasn't left holding the bag on a bunch of unsold product. Another "failure in this companies beleaguered history" as it would be used as fodder in the press.
BRLawyer
Aug 12, 02:35 PM
As the promo in the UK ends on the 7th October, does that mean I won't see them filter through until then?
It's a shame if it is.
Why do some end in September and others in October?
http://www.apple.com/uk/backtoschool/?cid=WWW-EUUK-BTS20060801-8EBFY
"* Buy a qualifying Mac and an iPod from the online Apple Store or an Apple retail store � purchase must be made between August 1st and October 7th � and receive a mail-in rebate up to �100 (UK) / �160 (Ireland). Terms and Conditions apply. "
I need one so soon!
The promo has nothing to do with new launches...they are completely independent and serve a public that is not interested nor in need of a cutting-edge notebook. The combo MB x iPod is wonderful for most, and it will be attractive even if the Merom notes are in the market.
It's a shame if it is.
Why do some end in September and others in October?
http://www.apple.com/uk/backtoschool/?cid=WWW-EUUK-BTS20060801-8EBFY
"* Buy a qualifying Mac and an iPod from the online Apple Store or an Apple retail store � purchase must be made between August 1st and October 7th � and receive a mail-in rebate up to �100 (UK) / �160 (Ireland). Terms and Conditions apply. "
I need one so soon!
The promo has nothing to do with new launches...they are completely independent and serve a public that is not interested nor in need of a cutting-edge notebook. The combo MB x iPod is wonderful for most, and it will be attractive even if the Merom notes are in the market.
ECUpirate44
Apr 9, 07:38 PM
Because there is no operand between the 2 and the (9+3).
And I agree, this is the most nonsensical thread in some time.
God bless diversions. :D
lol but still, order of operations tells you that the parentheses is done first. Wanna bet how many pages this gets up to until it dies? lol
And I agree, this is the most nonsensical thread in some time.
God bless diversions. :D
lol but still, order of operations tells you that the parentheses is done first. Wanna bet how many pages this gets up to until it dies? lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment