arcite
Apr 7, 10:40 AM
By now you should know that Apple is a greedy company, just wanting to hurt others and bankrupt several in the process.. its corporate america at its best.. hopefully NOT FOR TOO LONG.
You should really direct your anger at the giant Chinese state owned and supported mega-corporations that readily copy and steal intellectual data, employ slave labor, and otherwise follow no rules other than the wills of their government.
You should really direct your anger at the giant Chinese state owned and supported mega-corporations that readily copy and steal intellectual data, employ slave labor, and otherwise follow no rules other than the wills of their government.
Mattstkc
Mar 30, 09:06 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)
The web player cannot be played on iOS devices? Really? Is it Flash-based?
Geez, this seems like the Mac vs PC wars all over again. But, I can't blame Amazon for not making a native iOS app. I wouldn't want to blindly give Apple 30% of my profits either.
Apple would block it because it gives preference to Amazon's MP3 store over iTunes. No point in even trying. Just wait, MobileMe revamp will make all of us happy.
The web player cannot be played on iOS devices? Really? Is it Flash-based?
Geez, this seems like the Mac vs PC wars all over again. But, I can't blame Amazon for not making a native iOS app. I wouldn't want to blindly give Apple 30% of my profits either.
Apple would block it because it gives preference to Amazon's MP3 store over iTunes. No point in even trying. Just wait, MobileMe revamp will make all of us happy.
logandzwon
Apr 5, 02:37 PM
Actually that's an ignorant and factually incorrect statement.
iPhone users are more satisfied with their devices than other smart phone owners AND they sell more iPhones everyday.
Hence the population is statistically growing.
I think he means that more and more people are jailbreaking their phones. However, I doubt the percentage of JB phones is expanding at the rate iOS is.
iPhone users are more satisfied with their devices than other smart phone owners AND they sell more iPhones everyday.
Hence the population is statistically growing.
I think he means that more and more people are jailbreaking their phones. However, I doubt the percentage of JB phones is expanding at the rate iOS is.
komseban
Dec 28, 02:13 PM
Does this mean I shouldn't bother installing Sophos for my mpb?
So many conflicting opinions.
So many conflicting opinions.
wonderspark
Apr 5, 05:05 PM
I'm sure some Scion owners think it's pretty cool, and now it will be "even cooler" since it's "banned." I am still on 3.1.2, jailbroken, and seriously doubt anything will compel me to restore and update.
AT&T just sent me a text saying voicemails older than 30 days will be deleted, and if I want to save them, I need to update to iOS 4. Ha, no thanks. Not needed. My phone backgrounds any app I want, the battery lasts long enough, nothing crashes, all my alarms work fine despite daylight savings shifts and New Year glitches, and so on. My GF's iPhone, though... no such luck. She updated, and wishes she hadn't.
AT&T just sent me a text saying voicemails older than 30 days will be deleted, and if I want to save them, I need to update to iOS 4. Ha, no thanks. Not needed. My phone backgrounds any app I want, the battery lasts long enough, nothing crashes, all my alarms work fine despite daylight savings shifts and New Year glitches, and so on. My GF's iPhone, though... no such luck. She updated, and wishes she hadn't.
JAT
Mar 29, 05:24 PM
How dare people think of themselves in any way when something bad has occurred in the world. People in Darfur have been dying for quite some time now and I haven't thought of myself or my interests once since conflicts began. That's what a good person does.
Do you see how ridiculous you're being? There is no reason a person can't be concerned with supply shortages AND the Japanese people. They aren't mutually exclusive. Moreover, if you follow your flawed logic then no one could ever do anything for themselves. Horrific events happen everyday worldwide; tragedies can't stop us from living.
No, I agree. Personally, I've stopped eating until Japan is 100% safe!! :D
Do you see how ridiculous you're being? There is no reason a person can't be concerned with supply shortages AND the Japanese people. They aren't mutually exclusive. Moreover, if you follow your flawed logic then no one could ever do anything for themselves. Horrific events happen everyday worldwide; tragedies can't stop us from living.
No, I agree. Personally, I've stopped eating until Japan is 100% safe!! :D
MorphingDragon
May 6, 06:15 AM
There are indeed dual processor laptops. SPARC.
Because SPARC is current x86 technology. ;)
Because SPARC is current x86 technology. ;)
citizenzen
Apr 14, 04:24 PM
We should also cut spending across the board. Cut spending on EVERYTHING.
Repeating myself ...
I find this approach highly irrational. If you're overweight, it's important to lose fat. It does no good whatsoever to treat brain the same as fat ... to treat vital organs the same as fat ... to treat limbs and digits the same as fat.
Repeating myself ...
I find this approach highly irrational. If you're overweight, it's important to lose fat. It does no good whatsoever to treat brain the same as fat ... to treat vital organs the same as fat ... to treat limbs and digits the same as fat.
damienvfx
Sep 15, 07:55 PM
I told her to wait it out until 9.25 at the earliest then buy it.
She has been waiting with me ever since I found out about merom in June. She broke after it wasn't announced this Tuesday.
She's going to feel regret I fear when it's announced in 10 days.
She has been waiting with me ever since I found out about merom in June. She broke after it wasn't announced this Tuesday.
She's going to feel regret I fear when it's announced in 10 days.
macrumors12345
Apr 26, 02:48 PM
The "overall user base" and "purchases from Sept-to-March" numbers are primarily pre-Verizon iPhone and thus provide little insight on current sales. However, the survey on consumers currently planning to buy smartphones is quite interesting as it confirms the (very limited) existing data on current sales.
From the all the hit counter data, plus VZW and ATT quarterly releases, my best guesses for *current* iPhone vs Android sales have been roughly:
ATT: iPhone outsells Android 4-to-1 (80% iPhone)
VZW: iPhone outsells Android 2-to-1 (66% iPhone)
Sprint + T-Mo: Android outsells iPhone infinity-to-1 (0% iPhone)
Each group above has roughly one-third of the US mobile market, so overall iPhone share should be 0.33*0.8 + 0.33*0.66 +0.33*0 = 48%. This is exactly the number from the Nielsen survey regarding consumers currently planning to buy a smartphone (30% iPhone vs 33% Android = 47.6% iPhone share).
From the all the hit counter data, plus VZW and ATT quarterly releases, my best guesses for *current* iPhone vs Android sales have been roughly:
ATT: iPhone outsells Android 4-to-1 (80% iPhone)
VZW: iPhone outsells Android 2-to-1 (66% iPhone)
Sprint + T-Mo: Android outsells iPhone infinity-to-1 (0% iPhone)
Each group above has roughly one-third of the US mobile market, so overall iPhone share should be 0.33*0.8 + 0.33*0.66 +0.33*0 = 48%. This is exactly the number from the Nielsen survey regarding consumers currently planning to buy a smartphone (30% iPhone vs 33% Android = 47.6% iPhone share).
Stella
Aug 4, 07:52 AM
Cheese with your whine?
Never buy an apple product!!!
As soon as you do something new and better comes out!!!
AAAHHHHHH
I am typing this away on my new Macbook, Core 1 Duo; which i bought under the self-brainwashed reasoning that the MBP alone would see 2x2. Why you ask? Cuz I figured hey, the MB JUST came out, why refresh it every 2 months! The MBP has been out like 8 months, that makes sense.
I can only PRAY I am right.
No that my Macbook will be instant crap... I just COULD have waited until september.
Damn you apple...
Never buy an apple product!!!
As soon as you do something new and better comes out!!!
AAAHHHHHH
I am typing this away on my new Macbook, Core 1 Duo; which i bought under the self-brainwashed reasoning that the MBP alone would see 2x2. Why you ask? Cuz I figured hey, the MB JUST came out, why refresh it every 2 months! The MBP has been out like 8 months, that makes sense.
I can only PRAY I am right.
No that my Macbook will be instant crap... I just COULD have waited until september.
Damn you apple...
gnasher729
Aug 7, 02:24 PM
Powerful system for sure but looking at this thing it seems the base unit is a workstation to me. The 7300 GPU is a $99 Gpu so I was surprised they went so low with the base graphics.
I think there are many people who need all the CPU power they can get, and don't need that much graphics power at all.
I think there are many people who need all the CPU power they can get, and don't need that much graphics power at all.
Mac'nCheese
Apr 9, 07:54 PM
PEMDAS... First time ever that I hear of it.
I did no go to school in the US.
So.. if the priorities are Parenthesis, then Exponents, Multiplication, Division, Addition and lastly Substraction, using your rule:
48/2(9+3)
First whatever is inside the Parenthesis: 9+3=12
48/2(12)
Then Exponent: none
Then Multiplication: 2(12) = 24
Then Division: 48/24 = 2
There you go...PEMDAS fans.
No. That's not how it works. Once you get to multiplication/division, you go left to right. It's 288. And for those of you who get 2 by using calculators, any math teacher will tell you that calculators always get the rules of operations wrong. That's why we teach kids pemdas so they know what math to do first and they can use the calculators to help them do the parts of the equation they need help with.
Which orifice did you pull the "*" from??? :p
Not sure if u are joking but I'll answer you. Multiplication is implied when equations are written like this. Those who say an exponent is implied when written like this are simply wrong.
I did no go to school in the US.
So.. if the priorities are Parenthesis, then Exponents, Multiplication, Division, Addition and lastly Substraction, using your rule:
48/2(9+3)
First whatever is inside the Parenthesis: 9+3=12
48/2(12)
Then Exponent: none
Then Multiplication: 2(12) = 24
Then Division: 48/24 = 2
There you go...PEMDAS fans.
No. That's not how it works. Once you get to multiplication/division, you go left to right. It's 288. And for those of you who get 2 by using calculators, any math teacher will tell you that calculators always get the rules of operations wrong. That's why we teach kids pemdas so they know what math to do first and they can use the calculators to help them do the parts of the equation they need help with.
Which orifice did you pull the "*" from??? :p
Not sure if u are joking but I'll answer you. Multiplication is implied when equations are written like this. Those who say an exponent is implied when written like this are simply wrong.
roadbloc
Nov 16, 09:14 AM
Sounds like a virus in itself. A pointless piece of software which just hogs your RAM. Totally useless for Mac OS X.
lazyrighteye
Apr 21, 03:44 PM
Mac Pro rumors still strike me as odd any more.
How far are we from that line fading into the sunset?
My how times have changed... ;)
How far are we from that line fading into the sunset?
My how times have changed... ;)
DiamondMac
Apr 7, 11:36 AM
Ha ha! Way to go Apple!!!! Kill the competition any way you can!!
Love my iPad
With that said, it is absolutely idiotic to want no competition for Apple in any product
Love my iPad
With that said, it is absolutely idiotic to want no competition for Apple in any product
Jape
Nov 4, 03:15 PM
I was doing some research on bottom line telecommunications and i came across these good reviews: :D
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller770-p1-s4-d1.html
when tstreete comes back and tells me how it works, I will probably order it from this company.
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller770-p1-s4-d1.html
when tstreete comes back and tells me how it works, I will probably order it from this company.
Small White Car
Apr 5, 01:34 PM
I just don''t like to see Apple flex their power to do things they cannot legally force under the DMCA (per The Library of Congress).
They didn't flex anything. They asked.
What more do you want? They already did it in the nicest way they possibly could have.
They didn't flex anything. They asked.
What more do you want? They already did it in the nicest way they possibly could have.
Hype2k2
Mar 26, 09:30 PM
At least, according to TechCrunch, it is.
Why am I not surprised there?
http://techcrunch.com/2011/03/26/ios-5-likely-pushed-to-the-fall-after-a-cloud-unveiling-at-wwdc/
Speculation.
Why am I not surprised there?
http://techcrunch.com/2011/03/26/ios-5-likely-pushed-to-the-fall-after-a-cloud-unveiling-at-wwdc/
Speculation.
Chuck
Jul 23, 05:21 AM
I posted this question in another thread but no one has answered it, so... I was wondering what thoughts you had on this:
Will this upgrade to Core 2 Duo be considered a RevB strictly speaking, for the iMacs? I mean, since it's a new generation of Intel chip as opposed to a speed bump of an existing chip, is it likely to cause any unknown bugs or dramas that the Core Duos didn't?
I'm in the market for a new iMac when they put the new chips in, but I want to be confident that this time they'll have ironed out all the bugs from the initial release of Intel iMacs, plus not be likely to have new bugs caused by the new architecture of the Core 2 Duos.
Thoughts?
Chuck.
Will this upgrade to Core 2 Duo be considered a RevB strictly speaking, for the iMacs? I mean, since it's a new generation of Intel chip as opposed to a speed bump of an existing chip, is it likely to cause any unknown bugs or dramas that the Core Duos didn't?
I'm in the market for a new iMac when they put the new chips in, but I want to be confident that this time they'll have ironed out all the bugs from the initial release of Intel iMacs, plus not be likely to have new bugs caused by the new architecture of the Core 2 Duos.
Thoughts?
Chuck.
bobbytallant
Mar 28, 11:25 AM
I guess the later release of the next gen iPhone would make sense at least, in terms of the release of the white iPhone 4.
When Philip Schiller said the white iPhone 4 would arrive 'this spring', many questioned the logic, given the 'impending' Summer release of the iPhone 5.
The timing of this release obviously makes makes more sense now (if this latest rumor is true lol).
When Philip Schiller said the white iPhone 4 would arrive 'this spring', many questioned the logic, given the 'impending' Summer release of the iPhone 5.
The timing of this release obviously makes makes more sense now (if this latest rumor is true lol).
netdog
Jul 30, 04:42 PM
do you think they'd make it work with cingular and the rest, or do think they'd make their own service like helio?
I would bet it will come out as GSM initially, though perhaps they will release a CDMA as well.
I would bet it will come out as GSM initially, though perhaps they will release a CDMA as well.
Northgrove
Apr 9, 01:59 PM
Stay classy, Steve :p
You can't say they're just doing it to ruin it for others though, since they have had trouble satisfying the iPad 2 demands as it is.
You can't say they're just doing it to ruin it for others though, since they have had trouble satisfying the iPad 2 demands as it is.
IntelliUser
Apr 18, 08:27 AM
Interesting poll by Gallup:
The rich are more likely to think their taxes are too high:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/uhn-esomlua_f3iohbzjra.gif
And at the same time that the poor's are too low:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/ith4dzc2aemitgufdhpreg.gif
Most Americans think the rich and Corporations pay too little:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/_ui1mex8aeyebbczxeehja.gif
http://www.gallup.com/poll/147152/Americans-Split-Whether-Taxes-High.aspx
The rich are more likely to think their taxes are too high:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/uhn-esomlua_f3iohbzjra.gif
And at the same time that the poor's are too low:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/ith4dzc2aemitgufdhpreg.gif
Most Americans think the rich and Corporations pay too little:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/_ui1mex8aeyebbczxeehja.gif
http://www.gallup.com/poll/147152/Americans-Split-Whether-Taxes-High.aspx
No comments:
Post a Comment