
mdntcallr
Nov 28, 06:27 PM
it's ridiculous for Universal to even be thinking this. NONE of the money would get to artists or anything like that. it would just go to the company.
also. i dont pirate music.
alot of itunes people don't. we are the people actually paying for it. so screw that.
also. i dont pirate music.
alot of itunes people don't. we are the people actually paying for it. so screw that.
shawnce
Aug 21, 10:59 AM
Mac Pros will need 64bit Leopard to achieve their full multi-core potential.
You care to define "their full multi-core potential"?
You care to define "their full multi-core potential"?
gkarris
Apr 5, 05:18 PM
will run only on iPhone 4 or iPad 2... :eek:
;)
;)
jll62
Mar 22, 12:53 PM
Blackberry playbook = The IPad 2 killer - you heard it here first.
Look at the specs, their greater or equal to the iPad 2 with the exception of battery life.
The vast majority of consumers won't be basing their tablet purchase on specs.
Look at the specs, their greater or equal to the iPad 2 with the exception of battery life.
The vast majority of consumers won't be basing their tablet purchase on specs.
shamino
Jul 22, 12:23 PM
Anyway, wondering if Apple will cut the prices the way the PC market dictates?? Anyone have any ideas?
Apple's business model is based on high margins. I don't think this is going to change.
My guess is that they will release upgraded systems more often, and discontinue the slower systems more often, and leave the prices approximately unchanged.
Don't expect dirt-cheap Macs (aside from closeout sales to dump old stock, of course), but do expect more powerful systems to come out much more rapidly.
Now, if we could only get decent mic preamps, and everything wireless, guitar, etc, everything would be perfect.
You can get tons of great audio gear. But you're going to have to start shopping in music stores and not in computer stores. And be prepared to pay for the quality you get.
Apple's business model is based on high margins. I don't think this is going to change.
My guess is that they will release upgraded systems more often, and discontinue the slower systems more often, and leave the prices approximately unchanged.
Don't expect dirt-cheap Macs (aside from closeout sales to dump old stock, of course), but do expect more powerful systems to come out much more rapidly.
Now, if we could only get decent mic preamps, and everything wireless, guitar, etc, everything would be perfect.
You can get tons of great audio gear. But you're going to have to start shopping in music stores and not in computer stores. And be prepared to pay for the quality you get.
LARQ1
Jun 13, 12:40 PM
Hello Guys!!
I posted my 3gs 32GB White IPhone on CRAIGSLIST and sold it to the 1st guy that called me
for $425 ...why are people settling for the Price that Radio Shack is offering ?????
I had over 10 calls in about 15 mins on my way to sell the phone...I am in Miami FL.... G O O D L U C K all !!
BTW ...I feel naked :eek: now w/o my IPhone and cant wait for FeDex to knock on my door on the 24th :D !
I posted my 3gs 32GB White IPhone on CRAIGSLIST and sold it to the 1st guy that called me
for $425 ...why are people settling for the Price that Radio Shack is offering ?????
I had over 10 calls in about 15 mins on my way to sell the phone...I am in Miami FL.... G O O D L U C K all !!
BTW ...I feel naked :eek: now w/o my IPhone and cant wait for FeDex to knock on my door on the 24th :D !
Huhn
Mar 22, 03:36 PM
Thing is...you can't.
mhh not now, but since iPad2 launch is on friday here in germany and together with the fact that every dog and cat wants an iPad too....I guess they will be available at the same time tbh.
mhh not now, but since iPad2 launch is on friday here in germany and together with the fact that every dog and cat wants an iPad too....I guess they will be available at the same time tbh.
mdelvecchio
Mar 22, 01:00 PM
Look at the specs, their greater or equal to the iPad 2 with the exception of battery life.
...you overlook that specs dont make the product -- quality and usefulness do.
...you overlook that specs dont make the product -- quality and usefulness do.

basesloaded190
Apr 6, 11:03 AM
I am shocked that anyone finds this as a positive.
So you all want a drop from 1.86/2.13 to 1.4GHz CPUs in your 13" MBA? That is a 30% drop.
You obviously don't know how powerful SB actually is compared to C2D
So you all want a drop from 1.86/2.13 to 1.4GHz CPUs in your 13" MBA? That is a 30% drop.
You obviously don't know how powerful SB actually is compared to C2D
evil89
Mar 31, 04:32 PM
That's ridiculous.. If It was for HTC, my Hero would have it's support blocked in a 2.1 buggish system with a daylong battery life.. Thanks to "cooked" rom I've 2.3 Gingerbread with an overclocked phone, terminal access and 5 day of battery...
Stupid.. stupid move indeed...
Stupid.. stupid move indeed...
parapup
Apr 6, 02:31 PM
I bought the 3G Xoom first day and have been enjoying it for the most part. It's used as a laptop replacement and it does everything I need from my laptop which now sits on my table connected to a monitor. I am not sure iPad would have been so much of a drop-in replacement - Flash is one thing and SD card is another and 4G is great too. (SD and 4G is not yet enabled but it will greatly simplify things for me - I will run out of the 32Gb sooner or later and connecting to Remote Destop over 4G will be a acceptable experience.)
100,000+ is quite OK considering the WiFi version is just out but it's not surprising either - it does fulfill some unique needs that iPad cannot. As Asus (has USB ports (http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=gHh4q7I8dvWJzhdV)/ Samsung ones are out it will be smartphone story all over again - yes and the numbers and market share won't matter then :p
100,000+ is quite OK considering the WiFi version is just out but it's not surprising either - it does fulfill some unique needs that iPad cannot. As Asus (has USB ports (http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=gHh4q7I8dvWJzhdV)/ Samsung ones are out it will be smartphone story all over again - yes and the numbers and market share won't matter then :p
Benjy91
Mar 26, 12:39 PM
Windows 7 is available in six editions, and three of those (bolded) are available through normal retail channels.
- Windows 7 Starter
- Windows 7 Home Basic
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Enterprise
- Windows 7 Ultimate
You also need to decide on the architecture before purchase, unlike OS X.
If you count those (they are packaged in different boxes after all), this brings the number up to 11. Starter doesn't come in a 64-bit edition.
Finally, this of course doesn't include the server editions of the Windows 7 kernel.
The only versions of Windows 7 Ive seen available at retail are Home Premium, Proffessional and Ultimate.
Starter and Home basic only come bundled with Netbooks.
And if you're choosing which version of Windows you want for home use, why would Enterprise and Server versions even come into it?
So if you're looking to pick up Windows 7 for your PC, the only serious choices are Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate, and is it really that confusing to compare a feature list of 3 versions and decide which features you need?
- Windows 7 Starter
- Windows 7 Home Basic
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Enterprise
- Windows 7 Ultimate
You also need to decide on the architecture before purchase, unlike OS X.
If you count those (they are packaged in different boxes after all), this brings the number up to 11. Starter doesn't come in a 64-bit edition.
Finally, this of course doesn't include the server editions of the Windows 7 kernel.
The only versions of Windows 7 Ive seen available at retail are Home Premium, Proffessional and Ultimate.
Starter and Home basic only come bundled with Netbooks.
And if you're choosing which version of Windows you want for home use, why would Enterprise and Server versions even come into it?
So if you're looking to pick up Windows 7 for your PC, the only serious choices are Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate, and is it really that confusing to compare a feature list of 3 versions and decide which features you need?
radleywotson
Sep 1, 12:08 AM
Gorgeous. Anyone who has ever been interested in cars or driving should try this, it is sublime attention to detail is amazing, one of the most beautiful interface I have ever seen.
Super Dave
Aug 6, 01:29 PM
Mac OS X Leopard
Introducing Vista 2.0
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=207241438&size=l
:D
B
Is that Vista 2.0 thing real? I hadn't seen it before.
David :cool:
Introducing Vista 2.0
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=207241438&size=l
:D
B
Is that Vista 2.0 thing real? I hadn't seen it before.
David :cool:
gauriemma
Aug 26, 08:12 AM
No, because different versions of the ranges were initially posted only recently has it been clarified...get with the program and stop trying to be a smartass
Get with what program? I went to the support site on the day the recall was announced, checked to see if my serial number was in the range, it wasn't, and I went on with my life. Just to be safe, I even checked back a couple days later, and the ranges were still the same as the first time I checked.
I had to do the same thing wheh I was checking out our Dell laptops at the office. It's really not that difficult a concept. I think some people just like to have something to complain about.
Get with what program? I went to the support site on the day the recall was announced, checked to see if my serial number was in the range, it wasn't, and I went on with my life. Just to be safe, I even checked back a couple days later, and the ranges were still the same as the first time I checked.
I had to do the same thing wheh I was checking out our Dell laptops at the office. It's really not that difficult a concept. I think some people just like to have something to complain about.
f1400
Sep 19, 07:39 AM
The mermon G5s should be out before summer.

jcampa
Aug 27, 12:42 PM
Just a few hours left, let's hope we see new MacBook Pros tomorrow, I think we'll see the new iMacs with Merom in Paris, because it's a very good announcement for consumers, and get the Pro MB's tomorrow.
citizenzen
Mar 17, 11:36 AM
How many times did Barack Obama attempt to draw a difference between himself and Hillary by saying "I was against the war from the beginning."? Lots.
Being against a specific military action doesn't make one a military dove.
I see you included lots of "lots" but no "links". I'm sorry, but mere rhetoric only goes so far in this forum. If there are so many instances that prove your point, why haven't you actually produced them?
Being against a specific military action doesn't make one a military dove.
I see you included lots of "lots" but no "links". I'm sorry, but mere rhetoric only goes so far in this forum. If there are so many instances that prove your point, why haven't you actually produced them?

CFreymarc
Apr 6, 04:18 PM
Oh yeah, well just wait until people find out iOS is a closed system and the Xoom uses Android which is open....
oh nevermind :D
"Hey babe, I just relinked the kernal of my tablet." is a line that really doesn't work.
"My girl, pet this." (iFur app runs on iPad) Yup iPads get you laid.
oh nevermind :D
"Hey babe, I just relinked the kernal of my tablet." is a line that really doesn't work.
"My girl, pet this." (iFur app runs on iPad) Yup iPads get you laid.
joeboy_45101
Nov 28, 09:25 PM
It doesn't cost the consumer any more, why wouldn't you want the people who actually make the music you are listening to get compensated?
This debate is stale. People want something for nothing.
Wow! Where did you ever learn that from the MYASS School of ********! Hey here's an idea, since most of the music these companies produce is mastered and remastered on Mac workstations then why shouldn't Apple be able to come back and get some extra dough off of that. I mean you wouldn't want these record labels making something for nothing, now would you?
This debate is stale. People want something for nothing.
Wow! Where did you ever learn that from the MYASS School of ********! Hey here's an idea, since most of the music these companies produce is mastered and remastered on Mac workstations then why shouldn't Apple be able to come back and get some extra dough off of that. I mean you wouldn't want these record labels making something for nothing, now would you?
agentmouthwash
Nov 28, 08:17 PM
If this happens, I will proudly use Bit Torrent and pirate all Universal music that I want. Right now I use itunes because the price scheme is perfect. Universal is making a big mistake.
leekohler
Mar 3, 10:53 AM
I'm not conflating them. See post 129.
Don't compare them either. There is a huge difference between what homosexuals do and what pedophiles do. You're the one getting on people for not comprehending language. I suggest you take your own advice.
Don't compare them either. There is a huge difference between what homosexuals do and what pedophiles do. You're the one getting on people for not comprehending language. I suggest you take your own advice.
Tomaz
Aug 7, 04:34 PM
Good lord. Whatever happened to simplicity? It looked like a three ring circus up there today.
Now come on. Time machine? With a picture of outer space and stars? This looks so gimmicky. They are getting to be like Microsoft and just adding new features instead of making things easier and streamlined. Why not just improve the Backup program that comes with .Mac or include it for free? Do we really need another interface? To me it looks like form over function.
Exactly my thoughts!! Looks like a Trekie (how do you write that??) was let loose :D
Now come on. Time machine? With a picture of outer space and stars? This looks so gimmicky. They are getting to be like Microsoft and just adding new features instead of making things easier and streamlined. Why not just improve the Backup program that comes with .Mac or include it for free? Do we really need another interface? To me it looks like form over function.
Exactly my thoughts!! Looks like a Trekie (how do you write that??) was let loose :D
technocoy
Nov 29, 01:00 PM
I can't get over the blind greed of these companies.
I'm waiting on Apple to get "threatened" by the bastards one time too many and then Apple says "ok" then approaches all the artists and opens the store to them paying part of their production costs and then giving them 80 percent of the profit off every song sold. Let's see how long the record companies KEEP their artists after that.
They better wake up to the new century before their artists do.
With most music savvy artists able to produce an album for less than a few thousand bucks now, Apple could turn on the industry and just blow it out at any moment. the industry could fragment into producers and mastering studios that get only for the service of producing and then it goes up to iTunes where it's subjected to reviews by peers and by a DIGG type system to promote it.
Browsing and sampling does a lot to increase ones musical library.. I found 80 percent of my new music by just searching and browsing on napster back in the day... I would find a new artist by chance and then go and by their CD. If apple would make their previews longer you would have the same type environment.
I'm not against a company making billions, but those billions should be made from giving the people who put them there what they want.
ugh. sorry, rant over.
I'm waiting on Apple to get "threatened" by the bastards one time too many and then Apple says "ok" then approaches all the artists and opens the store to them paying part of their production costs and then giving them 80 percent of the profit off every song sold. Let's see how long the record companies KEEP their artists after that.
They better wake up to the new century before their artists do.
With most music savvy artists able to produce an album for less than a few thousand bucks now, Apple could turn on the industry and just blow it out at any moment. the industry could fragment into producers and mastering studios that get only for the service of producing and then it goes up to iTunes where it's subjected to reviews by peers and by a DIGG type system to promote it.
Browsing and sampling does a lot to increase ones musical library.. I found 80 percent of my new music by just searching and browsing on napster back in the day... I would find a new artist by chance and then go and by their CD. If apple would make their previews longer you would have the same type environment.
I'm not against a company making billions, but those billions should be made from giving the people who put them there what they want.
ugh. sorry, rant over.
No comments:
Post a Comment