Monday, May 9, 2011

real princesses of the world

real princesses of the world. real princesses of the world.
  • real princesses of the world.



  • alexpaul
    Mar 23, 05:19 AM
    The features looks pretty cool for this price tag, but what about the apps? If it support only BB app world then for sure they won't win!





    real princesses of the world. to marry a real princess.
  • to marry a real princess.



  • littleman23408
    Dec 2, 08:43 AM
    I hate to link to IGN, but here goes:


    GT5 damage explained (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1137446p1.html)

    Confusion seems to have stemmed from its differing implementation across the game's extensive garage, a point that Sony further clarified. "Standard models have minor deformation and scratches," said Sony, "Premium cars have greater visible level of damage, and Premium racing models have the highest level of damage."


    I can't open the links due to work internet, but they should have done equal damage to all cars. Besides, every real car dents and scratches pretty easily.





    real princesses of the world. REAL PRINCESSES OF THE WORLD
  • REAL PRINCESSES OF THE WORLD



  • DeathChill
    Apr 7, 10:29 PM
    me too! I wanna learn!

    How does withholding stock from the public aid a company? I can imagine holding them till everything is registered in their system and accounted for. But turning people away when they actually do have stock doesn't sound like a good business practice to me
    I read over at TechCrunch that it was to meet daily sales quotas, which is to benefit the store manager, mostly. They look better for hitting/beating their quota everyday, regardless of whether or not it is actually at all helpful to Best Buy.





    real princesses of the world. REAL PRINCESSES OF THE WORLD
  • REAL PRINCESSES OF THE WORLD



  • j_maddison
    Aug 26, 06:58 PM
    It's not really that.

    It's just that the joke is soooo done. Played out.

    It's time to turn the page.

    I never found it funnny in the first place. But then again I never found it funny a few years back when everyone was going around going WAAAZZZ UPPP! :eek: Cause it was on the budweiser advert :)





    real princesses of the world. real princesses of the world.
  • real princesses of the world.



  • pavetheforest
    Sep 15, 09:44 PM
    Dude I'm going to sell my dell.





    real princesses of the world. real princesses of the world.
  • real princesses of the world.



  • rwilliams
    Jun 8, 09:22 PM
    Hell yeah. There's a Radio Shack about 5 minutes from my house. This should keep me from having to stand in ridiculously long lines at the Apple Store. I hope that Best Buy does this too, if only because I've never had a bad phone activation experience there, and I can rack up the Reward Zone points.





    real princesses of the world. real princesses of the world.
  • real princesses of the world.



  • CJM
    Jul 20, 12:35 PM
    You realize there are probably only four people on this board who are old enough to get that joke, right?

    My "vote" goes for "Hex" - "The Mac Hex. Buy one and see." Then again, maybe not.

    16 here, but I still get it :p

    Come on, some Mac fans do a little research now and again :P





    real princesses of the world. REAL PRINCESSES OF THE WORLD
  • REAL PRINCESSES OF THE WORLD



  • mweingar
    Apr 6, 02:43 PM
    I purchased a Xoom over the weekend it's a great device, a little heavy, but very awesome for its first pass. I used to own an iPad 1, gave it away, didn't want an iPad 2. Why do I need two devices of the same OS where the UI was designed for the iPhone (smaller device) to begin with? I love the versatility of honeycomb, widgets are phenomenal on a large tablet screen. Everything is great about the interface so far, although there are a few things here and there which make no sense, but I'm sure they'll fix that. I ran into some bugs, called Moto support, they troubleshooted with me, fixed it and were really cool about it. As far as hardware, the materials are great, but definitely Motorola needs to learn a thing or two about button placement. They put the sleep/wakeup button on the back of the device. I used to like to hit the home button on the iPad to wake it up and do stuff (while I was having a bowl of cereal for example), with the Xoom I can't do that, I HAVE to pick up the device. Another interface/hardware awkwardness are the volume buttons and I cannot find a way to change volume within the device itself, unless I press the volume hardware buttons a window will popup.

    Other than that, I can live with all this, and the device is extremely awesome and a fresh feeling of a new UI the way it should be done for a tablet.


    You list ONE issue with the iPad, that it looks too much like the iPhone, and then go on to a laundry list of issues on the Xoom that culminates in a tech support call and THAT is your preferred device?

    Rock on winner. I have a bridge I want to sell you.





    real princesses of the world. off..hus da real princess.
  • off..hus da real princess.



  • domness
    Apr 25, 02:14 PM
    I think this IS a privacy issue. That data could end up in the wrong hands. Does anyone store a text document on their iPhone with a list of their bank details and passwords? No, because it could end up in the wrong hands. So could this data that's being collected.

    This data shouldn't be recorded without permission, no matter what's being done with it.

    Location data == bank details and passwords? -- I think not.





    real princesses of the world. must be a real Princess.
  • must be a real Princess.



  • JonD25
    Aug 8, 04:18 AM
    This may have already been discussed somewhere, but the vast amount of threads on all the new Leopard stuff and the 10 pages of this thread are a bit to search through, so just ignore me if someone already brought it up.

    Did anyone notice the new iChat got rid of the brushed metal? One of the things I was dissapointed to not see was the talk about an improved/different UI, particularly the banishment of brushed metal. Could this be a preview of that fact? Perhaps part of the "top secret" features to come?





    real princesses of the world. to the real princess.
  • to the real princess.



  • TheManOfSilver
    Aug 27, 08:57 PM
    I think im gonna wait and buy in 2007 with leopard and iLife 07 :rolleyes:

    That's my plan (if I can hold out until then) ... as much as I'm dying to get my hands on an iMac right now, having an upgraded iMac and an upgraded OS will be that much better.





    real princesses of the world. REAL PRINCESSES OF THE WORLD
  • REAL PRINCESSES OF THE WORLD



  • 0815
    Apr 25, 02:27 PM
    Prove it.

    Not guilty until proven guilty ... your turn to proof that they have the data. There is zero evidence for that, no matter how often you repeat the claim.





    real princesses of the world. Japanese Crown Princess Masako
  • Japanese Crown Princess Masako



  • macDrewd
    Mar 26, 07:01 AM
    Please release OS X Lion on a cool Apple flash drive :cool:

    Really don't want another DVD, my shelf is full!





    real princesses of the world. The Real Princess, Edmund
  • The Real Princess, Edmund



  • macse30
    Apr 27, 07:59 AM
    I wish they would leave it on and let me use it. I consider it a feature. It would help me track hours at job sites automatically for billing. I thought of writing an app just for that.





    real princesses of the world. feel like a real Princess.
  • feel like a real Princess.



  • shawnce
    Jul 27, 11:02 AM
    "...Core 2 Duo chips need less electricity, drawing just 65 watts compared to the Pentium 4’s 95 watts and Pentium D’s 130 watts"

    Good Lord - does anybody know what the G5 is? I'd imagine that the elaborate cooling system in the current G5 towers probably won't be needed it it's running anything like the D's...

    1) The watts numbers listed are TDP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_Design_Power). They are not the amount of power the processor consumes ("drawing").

    2) PPC 970fx falls in the realm of Conroe in terms of heat generation but of course the Conroe has better performance.

    I should note that the PPC 970FX is a single core chip while the PPC 970MP is the dual core one... don't have good numbers for the later but I would guess it would be about 1.75 times (or more) the PPC 970FX in terms of thermal generation and power consumption.





    real princesses of the world. This page ony lists princesses
  • This page ony lists princesses



  • Erasmus
    Aug 5, 08:39 PM
    NO iPODS OR iPHONE I DON'T CARE FOR THEM ONE JOT

    Ok, Stevie J, You can introduce the Mac Pro, the new XServe, and Leopard on Monday.

    But please don't deny us our new conroe iMac with x1800XT! Release it on Tuesday!!! And Merom Macbooks and Macbook Pros. You will lose too many sales and potential switchers if you wait until the end of September!

    Plus I'll cry.

    We beggs of you Stevie J, we wants it, we needs it, it must come to me!
    The iMac Ultra is mine. My own. My precious.





    real princesses of the world. real world | GamesRadar
  • real world | GamesRadar



  • G4DP
    Mar 26, 02:13 AM
    Some of the comments on this board are inane.

    1) Launchpad is the selling point...Really? You think Versions, Resume, Mission Control, OS wide Full Screen App support are not selling points?
    2) $129 is too much. This one cracks me up. Apple is bundling a $500 product into the OS (and other OS based servers are far more expensive) and people think $129 is too much?
    3) When has Apple released an OS, and not shown new features on the final release keynote?

    You thing the additional GUI enabled features in the Server version is worth $500? Others are more expensive because they are actual server class. Not a cheap bolt on.

    All the "NEW" features are things that should have been preset since 10.2 at least.

    Your clearly Apples ideal customer.





    real princesses of the world. the real world in search
  • the real world in search



  • notjustjay
    Apr 8, 12:22 AM
    I do not intend to be rude, but there is a difference in HDMI cables, no matter what the Internet tells you. Conductors, shielding materials/layers and the way the connectors are put together are a few differentiators. An AudioQuest Coffee cable, for example, which is several hundred dollars ($600 I believe for a 1.5m) is made of pure silver starting with the tips and going the length of the cable. This is not the same as a no name $5 dollar HDMI cable from Amazon.

    Sure there is a difference, but is it noticable? Is it worth the cost?

    A Ferrari costs a lot more than a Ford Fiesta. It's better built and has a lot more power under the hood. But if all you're ever doing is driving at 20 mph, then it doesn't matter, the Fiesta has all the power you need and you'll save a pile of money. Now, you don't want to go rock bottom and buy a junker that might break down, but as long as it runs smoothly at 20 mph, any car will do the job.

    You don't want ultra-cheap crappy cables that can develop loose connections or come poorly shielded, as that can cause dropouts. But neither do you need pure silver or oxygen-free shielding or whatever. Any HDMI cable will either fail outright or do the exact same job as any other for the given application.





    real princesses of the world. Why marry a princess when you
  • Why marry a princess when you



  • mrsir2009
    Apr 19, 02:47 PM
    Hey leave Samsung alone! They're my favorite tech company after Apple :)





    guzhogi
    Nov 29, 01:16 PM
    Just thought of something, maybe Apple could charge the record company for each song released by means of "Oh, you used a Mac to make this song. Give us this amount of money for each copy of the song you sell."





    Homy
    Jul 20, 11:44 AM
    eight cores + Tiger = Octopussy?!?:p





    Evangelion
    Sep 13, 07:42 AM
    A bit pointless given that no software utilises the extra cores yet. But nice to know, I guess.

    Most people run more than one app at once.





    handsome pete
    Apr 6, 08:57 AM
    Yes, there are ways in FCP, but they are clunky! It was much easier for my project to do it in iMovie. Naturally, it is not true for every project.
    For example, I can't do Multicam edits in iMovie. FCP has also its advantages, for sure! If FCP could marry with iMovie and make a child, the new FCP, that would be heaven.

    If you can't do precision edits in FCP quickly and easily, then you just don't know the software that well.

    Changing FCP to mimic iMovie would be the death of it as a "pro" application. It would turn away most of it's established user base. There aren't many complaints about the mechanics of the interface. After all, almost all pro NLEs are based in the same structure. What a new version of FCP needs instead are things like better media management, 64 bit support, better blu-ray authoring, etc.





    andrewfee
    Aug 26, 05:38 AM
    Apple support in the UK is terrible. :( When I had an iMac G5 (Rev.A) I had no end of problems and was without the machine for at least 2-3 months. (which actually cost me some work, as I had just started to do some web design for a local business)

    After 5 faults (the last two being it coming back from repair with a damaged screen and a dead hard drive) I eventually convinced them to replace it, but rather than getting another iMac, I figured I'd go for a "safe" option and go for a Rev.D Powerbook as I figured they would have sorted out all the faults. Now, to be fair, I did get a maxed out 17" one as compensation (although they screwed that up and I had to get the RAM sent out separately and fit it myself) but I'd rather have had a perfectly working iMac.

    Not much with the Powerbook either though - I had a dead sound board within a couple of weeks of owning it (which meant I was without it for a week or so) and I've now been without the proper use of it for two months again. When it came back from service the first time after being "fixed" it had this:

    http://static.flickr.com/61/200198290_8368452c2c.jpg

    I've had an iSkin cover on it from day one, so it couldn't have been caused by me (see the next pic) and other than a hairline scratch next to the trackpad (you can't even see it in the photo) it was perfect - it hasn't even been out of my house. Not the first scratched machine I've had either. (if I remember correctly, the first Powerbook was scratched out of the box)


    The screen brightness wasn't fixed either, they just disabled my calibrated profile, which gets back maybe 5cd/m2:
    http://static.flickr.com/64/200198281_9d631b8680.jpg

    As you can see, it used to be quite good:
    http://static.flickr.com/56/130208615_cb043ed264.jpg

    They replaced the main logic board, but the buzzing that started (and it makes "chirping" noises when running iMovie) is still there.

    Funnily enough, as soon as I called to complain, they got the part in the next day (or so they claim) and have said I should have it back next week. I've been told to call up again next Thursday - if I have it back (and working!) by then, I'll be entitled to some kind of compensation, if not, then they'll sort out a replacement machine.

    For �280 I'm appalled at the level of service.

    I've had far more downtime since switching to a Mac than any other computer - back when I had a store-bought PC years ago from somewhere local, I was without it maybe for a week over a period of several years. When I started building my own machines (at least 5/6 years ago now) that was down to a matter of days. (I could either pick up the parts locally the same day, or order online with next-day shipping)

    Since buying the first iMac G5 (got one the day they were available, if I remember correctly) it must have been at least 4-6 months I've been without my computer now. (right now I'm now back to using an old PC I've built from spare parts - but there are at least two parts on their way out - keeps crashing and sometimes refuses to boot, but I'm not going to be buying more hardware for it, unless Apple want to pay the bill)

    It probably wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that I'm disabled, and my only real contact with the "outside world" and friends is via the internet.

    I absolutely love the OS, and Apple's software, and the hardware is fantastic when it works, but I'm having doubts as to whether my next machine will be from them or not. (realistically, I don't think I could drop OSX for Windows, but I can't believe how unreliable these things are)

    At least they're not as bad as Samsung though - they had my two-month-old LCD HDTV in repair for over four months (the store said I had to wait for the repair to be done and get them the TV back to get a refund) which left me with a 14" Portable CRT during that time, and when I eventually did get it back, it went up in smoke as soon as I plugged it in and turned it on - literally! :eek:



    No comments:

    Post a Comment