Wednesday, May 11, 2011

queen elizabeth 2011

queen elizabeth 2011. Prince Philip Queen Elizabeth
  • Prince Philip Queen Elizabeth



  • shelterpaw
    Aug 7, 10:36 PM
    That URL is no good. Would you please go to the site and COPY the URL and then PASTE it here with the LINK tool?

    Did you mean SILENT PC REVIEW (http://www.silentpcreview.com/)?
    Yes I did.. My bad, sorry... I'm a little out of it today. :confused:





    queen elizabeth 2011. 29 Apr 2011 . Queen Elizabeth
  • 29 Apr 2011 . Queen Elizabeth



  • Wolfpup
    Nov 11, 09:27 AM
    What if free Antivirus software is designed to help identify security holes, and the best way to infect Mac's wide-scale?

    It couldn't help do that. I mean they only need a single copy of OS X to do that, not millions.

    I've always thought virii has to be engineered under contract by companies making the "solutions" to them, there are far too many virii out there on a daily basis, to such an extent that it has to be developed on a full-time basis with some corporate involvement somewhere.

    There probably are targeted attacks from corporations and governments, but mostly it's organized crime. And no, it's not the people providing protection (except for fake antimalware products, which started becoming common a few years back).

    unless there is money in making them..=]

    There is. That's also why Windows is the primary target of general malware (though that doesn't help you if someone is targeting a specific company or person-they'll attack whatever it is you're running).

    Sorry but any company that feeds fear and paranoia to sell or distribute their wares, needs to brought under check somehow.

    It's not fear and paranoia. Security vulnerabilities are real, and found all the time. And of course when it comes to malware, you don't even need that, social engineering can get it on people's systems too.





    queen elizabeth 2011. Britain#39;s Queen Elizabeth II
  • Britain#39;s Queen Elizabeth II



  • trondah
    Mar 31, 03:30 AM
    What everybody would like to know, is Safari any snappier?





    queen elizabeth 2011. See All Queen Elizabeth Pics »
  • See All Queen Elizabeth Pics »



  • DeaconGraves
    May 4, 03:24 PM
    My opposition to this isn't because I think Digital Distribution is bad (the copy of Windows 7 I'm writing this on was downloaded, legally I might add, from Microsoft), it's because of how Apple is offering it.

    I was able to download a .iso of Windows and install it how I wanted to. I was able to back up the .iso to an external hard drive and also to burn a copy of it.

    The App Store (unless they change things) wouldn't allow that. I would have no problem with this if Apple included a way to create a DVD or USB installer from the download.

    You seem really hung up on the fact that if Lion is sold on the app store it has to act exactly like every thing else on the app store, when that doesn't necessarily have to be the case.

    Apple has always strived for simplicity, and creating one application where every other application can be downloaded makes things really simple for people who are not power users like you and me. Want the newest version of OS X? App store. Want iWork '11? App Store. Need a keyboard firmware update (hypothetically)? App Store.

    I don't disagree with you that downloads from the Apple website itself aren't a bad thing, but it hasn't been the simplest thing either. And again, no one has said what other options will be available. There might be .iso downloads elsewhere on the website. The OS installer might have an option to burn a recovery disc.

    Honestly, I'm with you for the most part. If there's no easy options to create a physical version of Lion for me to have as backup, I'm buying retail. But that doesn't mean the App Store version is a bad thing. It's a good thing for 95% of the people out there who aren't on these forums. :)





    queen elizabeth 2011. Queen Elizabeth II smiles as
  • Queen Elizabeth II smiles as



  • navguy
    Dec 12, 05:23 PM
    The Bluetooth only works when the iPhone is in the cradle and the ignition is turned on. When you turn off the ignition, the Bluetooth turns off. If you have the iPhone in your pocket the Car Kit Bluetooth will not connect.


    I guess I see the connection to the ignition, but only activating when there is a phone in cradle seems like a strange use of bluetooth ... why not use hardwire connection to eliminate any potential for interference ... or open up and allow use as speaker phone in car regardless of phone in cradle

    I don't believe Magellan uses bluetooth in this way





    queen elizabeth 2011. Queen Elizabeth II smiles as
  • Queen Elizabeth II smiles as



  • Digital Dude
    Apr 25, 11:30 AM
    Sounds like paranoia to me. I think it�s a bit self-serving for any normal humanite to think they�re soOoo special that a company or agency really cares where you are.





    queen elizabeth 2011. Queen Elizabeth Totally Looks
  • Queen Elizabeth Totally Looks



  • MikeTheC
    Nov 25, 09:19 PM
    They sold out to MS because the idiots at Palm couldn't find their butt with a flashlight and both hands. Seriously in 2001 the CEO of Palm stood infront of a crowd at CES and stated our users don't want color, sound etc. It was the beginning of the end because by the time they figured out that yes. Not only do users want color and sound they also want the ability to multitask. Something that POS (Notice that Palm OS and Peice of **** share the same acronym.) STILL to this day doesn't really do. Well it sort of does it in a craptacular manner. My point is Palm doomed them selves because they had management who didn't have a clue or simply didn't have the resources to really revamp the OS from the ground up. I'm willing to bet there is legacy code in POS that dates back to v1. Because POS never had its OS X its Windows 2000. It never had its rewrite. All Palm has been doing is slapping on a new addition to the house and calling it NEW and improved!
    It isn't. It sucks and the Pocket PC or Windows Mobile (ick I hate that name.) kicks the living snot out of POS right now in pretty much every way imaginable. Heck Palm is so lost that they are trying to pull an Apple. they purchased some *nix company in China that has experience with mobile versions of *nix and right now is trying to migrate POS over to a *nix flavor of OS.
    Unfortunately unlike Apple its too little, too late.
    Palm went to Windows because they didn't want to stay stuck in the mobile equivalent of DOS.

    This is one of those times where, if MacRumors.com had a Karma Points system (and if I, in turn, had some Karma points) I would Karma-bump the heck outta this post. It's so true, and it's so absolutely dead-on in it's critical analysis of the situation that there's little, if anything, to be added to it.

    Apple went to "something else", starting with the Copeland project, because they realized even way back then in the B.S. (that is, Before Steve -- hey, lookie, another awesome acronym!) that Mac OS Classic was a technological cul-de-sac. It was exactly as SilliconAddict has described PalmOS -- er, I mean POS. (You know, I really, really, really have to remember that one. God, I'm still laughing over it as I write this.)

    Even Microsoft went to "something else", although unlike Apple they chose to go with their own in-house-developed successor, since DOS 8bit, Win8, Win16, and Win9x code was essentially an obsolete OS technology.

    So here we have Palm, arguably one of the greatest innovators (though not really a pioneer, as the kudos and credit for that goes to Apple's Newton development group) of PDAs ever, going down the same hole into the same quagmire that plagued the likes of Commodore, Sony's BetaMax, etc. You'd think with all the MBAs and other college-educated people they've hired over the years that this would be abundantly obvious *and* fundamentally core to their business operational mindset. However, it's quite clear that it isn't.

    Thus go the way of all who do not study history and learn from it.





    queen elizabeth 2011. Today Queen Elizabeth
  • Today Queen Elizabeth



  • Apple OC
    Apr 20, 12:22 AM
    this seems very likely .... looking forward





    queen elizabeth 2011. Queen Elizabeth Turns 85 and
  • Queen Elizabeth Turns 85 and



  • aye5882
    Aug 11, 08:43 PM
    Merom isn't just bragging rights you should check out the comparison in the link that somebody provided. It's about 10% faster for the same price and power consumption. And the next generation of Front Row might take advtange of the 64-bitness.

    Also, I plan on booting Vista with it also, which has a 64-bit version if/when it comes out next year.

    well, i know there was some marginal increase in processing speed but i'm talking about actually running 64bit programs. i thought you need alot more horsepower to run 64bit programs than whats currently offered... maybe i was just tired and totally misread an article a couple of weeks ago.





    queen elizabeth 2011. Britain#39;s Queen Elizabeth
  • Britain#39;s Queen Elizabeth



  • ivladster
    Apr 18, 04:18 PM
    The fact that they are now suing Samsung, and waited this long, might give validity to this theory, as they did not want to sue them while Sammy was still a key supplier for them.

    Something to think about.

    Actually Apple just recently got granted those designs for iOS and iPhone 3GS, they were waiting for US Patent Office to approve them.





    queen elizabeth 2011. Queen Elizabeth II arrives at
  • Queen Elizabeth II arrives at



  • benhollberg
    Nov 5, 11:13 AM
    So I just installed this and I ran it but I want a little more information about it. There is a feature called on-access scanning which I assume runs the application in the background (even after I quit it?) and so I am curious if t actually runs and if it does will it decrease my battery faster and slow down my computer then I am doing intense tasks? I really and just curious if it is worth it to have that feature on, I could be totally wrong. I currently have disabled it.





    queen elizabeth 2011. H.R.H. Queen Elizabeth Enjoys
  • H.R.H. Queen Elizabeth Enjoys



  • ihaveNFC
    May 7, 10:10 AM
    I personally wouldn't care either way. I used the trial for about 25 days before the nostalgia wore off. That's me though.





    queen elizabeth 2011. 2011 Bermuda Queen Elizabeth
  • 2011 Bermuda Queen Elizabeth



  • 3CCD
    Aug 11, 11:24 AM
    I'm waiting after the new year with the release of OS X 10.5 and then possibly getting a MBP. When is the Pairs show? I keep reading September but what are the exact dates? Thanks.





    queen elizabeth 2011. Queen Elizabeth II Queen
  • Queen Elizabeth II Queen



  • Cedd
    Sep 11, 04:55 AM
    Ooooh... how we used to dream of wheels made out of lead. Ours were made of depleted uranium. :eek:


    You 'ad wheelbarrows and paper! Y'soft southern nancies...We 'ad to remember the binary code in our 'eads and if we got one number wrong our dads would kill us and dance on our shallow graves...

    'onestly, kids today. :rolleyes:





    queen elizabeth 2011. piece Queen+elizabeth+2011
  • piece Queen+elizabeth+2011



  • CalBoy
    May 3, 03:39 PM
    I see no reason why 99, 99.5, and 100 are easier to track than 37.2, 37.5, and 37.7. As you said, we accept body temp to be 98.6 and 37.0 in Celsius. If decimals are difficult to remember, then clearly we should pick the scale that represents normal body temp as an integer, right? ;)

    It doesn't matter what normal body temperature is because that's not what people are looking for when they take a temperature; they're looking for what's not normal. If it can be helped, the number one is seeking should be as flat as possible.

    There is a distinctive quality about 100 that is special. It represents an additional place value and is a line of demarcation for most people. For a scientist or professional, the numbers seem the same (each with 3 digits ending in the tenths place), but to the lay user they are very different. The average person doesn't know what significant digits are or when rounding is appropriate. It's far more likely that someone will falsely remember "37.2" as "37" than they will "99" as "98.6." Even if they do make an error and think of 98.6 as 99, it is an error on the side of caution (because presumably they will take their child to the doctor or at least call in).

    I realize this makes me seem like I put people in low regard, but the fact is that most things designed for common use are meant to be idiot-proof. Redundancies and warnings are hard to miss in such designs, and on a temperature scale, one that makes 100 "dangerous" is very practical and effective. You have to keep in mind that this scale is going to be used by the illiterate, functionally illiterate, the negligent, the careless, the sloppy, and the hurried.

    The importance of additional digits finds its way into many facets of life, including advertising and pricing. It essentially the only reason why everything is sold at intervals of "xx.99" instead of a flat price point. Marketers have long determined that if they were to round up to the nearest whole number, it would make the price seem disproportionately larger. The same "trick" is being used by the Fahrenheit scale; the presence of the additional digit makes people more alarmed at the appropriate time.


    Perhaps your set of measuring cups is the additional piece of equipment. Indeed you wouldn't need them. For a recipe in SI, the only items you would need are an electronic balance, graduating measuring "cup," and a graduated cylinder. No series of cups or spoons required (although, they do of course come in metric for those so inclined).

    Of course any amateur baker has at least a few cups of both wet and dry so they can keep ingredients separated but measured when they need to be added in a precise order. It just isn't practical to bake with 3 measuring devices and a scale (which, let's be real here, would cost 5 times as much as a set of measuring cups).

    This also relies on having recipes with written weights as opposed to volumes. It would also be problematic because you'd make people relearn common measurements for the metric beaker because they couldn't have their cups (ie I know 1 egg is half a cup, so it's easy to put half an egg in a recipe-I would have to do milimeter devision to figure this out for a metric recipe even though there's a perfectly good standard device for it).


    It might seem that way to you, but the majority of the world uses weight to measure dry ingredients. For them it's just as easy.

    Sure when you have a commercial quantity (which is also how companies bake in bulk-by weight), but not when you're making a dozen muffins or cupcakes. The smaller the quantity, the worse off you are with weighing each ingredient in terms of efficiency.


    Why would you need alternative names? A recipe would call for "30ml" of any given liquid. There's no need to call it anything else.

    So what would you call 500ml of beer at a bar? Would everyone refer to the spoon at the dinner table as "the 30?" The naming convention isn't going to disappear just because measurements are given in metric. Or are you saying that the naming convention should disappear and numbers used exclusively in their stead?


    Well, no one would ask for a 237ml vessel because that's an arbitrary number based on a different system of units. But if you wanted, yes, you could measure that amount in a graduated measuring cup (or weigh it on your balance).

    In that case, what would I call 1 cup of a drink? Even if it is made flat at 200, 250, or 300ml, what would be the name? I think by and large it would still be called a cup. In that case you aren't really accomplishing much because people are going to refer to it as they will and the metric quantity wouldn't really do anything because it's not something that people usually divide or multiply by 10 very often in daily life.


    I suspect people would call it a "quarter liter," much like I would say "quarter gallon."

    No, that would be 1/4 of a liter, not 4 liters. I'm assuming that without gallons, the most closely analogous metric quantity would be 4 liters. What would be the marketing term for this? The shorthand name that would allow people to express a quantity without referring to another number?


    And no, you wouldn't call 500ml a "pint" because, well, why would you? :confused:

    Well I'm assuming that beer would have to be served in metric quantities, and a pint is known the world over as a beer. You can't really expect the name to go out of use just because the quantity has changed by a factor of about 25ml.


    ...But countries using SI do call 500ml a demi-liter ("demi" meaning "half").

    Somehow I don't see that becoming popular pub lingo...


    This is the case with Si units as well. 500, 250, 125, 75, etc. Though SI units can also be divided by any number you wish. Want to make 1/5 of the recipe? ...Just divide all the numbers by five.

    Except you can't divide the servings people usually take for themselves very easily by 2, 4, 8, or 16. An eighth of 300ml (a hypothetical metric cup), for example, is a decimal. It's not very probable that if someone was to describe how much cream they added to their coffee they'd describe it as "37.5ml." It's more likely that they'll say "1/4 of x" or "2 of y." This is how the standard system was born; people took everyday quantities (often times as random as fists, feet, and gulps) and over time standardized them.

    Every standard unit conforms to a value we are likely to see to this day (a man's foot is still about 12 inches, a tablespoon is about one bite, etc). Granted it's not scientific, but it's not meant to be. It's meant to be practical to describe everyday units, much like "lion" is not the full scientific name for panthera leo. One naming scheme makes sense for one application and another makes sense for a very different application. I whole heartedly agree that for scientific, industrial, and official uses metric is the way to go, but it is not the way to go for lay people. People are not scientists. They should use the measuring schemes that are practical for the things in their lives.

    Not that OS X Panthera Leo doesn't have a nice ring to it, of course. ;)


    No, but it is onerous for kids to learn SI units, which is a mandatory skill in this global world. Like I said, why teach kids two units of measure if one will suffice?

    It's onerous to learn how to multiply and divide by 10 + 3 root words? :confused: Besides, so many things in our daily lives have both unit scales. My ruler has inches and cm and mm. Bathroom scales have pounds and kg. Even measuring cups have ml written on them.

    You could be right for international commerce where values have to be recalculated just for the US, but like I said, I think those things should be converted. I don't really care if I buy a 25 gram candy bar as opposed to a 1 ounce candy bar or a 350ml can of soda.


    Perhaps true, but just because you switch to metric, doesn't mean you need to stop using tablespoons and teaspoons for measurements. It's all an approximation anyway, since there are far more than 2 different spoon sizes, and many of them look like they're pretty much equal in size to a tablespoon.

    I'm sorry, but which tablespoons do you use that aren't tablespoons? The measuring spoons most people have at home for baking are very precise and have the fractions clearly marked on them.

    Other than that, there's a teaspoon, tablespoon, and serving spoon (which you wouldn't use as a measurement). The sizes are very different for each of those and I don't think anyone who saw them side by side could confuse them.


    So if you're cooking, do what everyone else does with their spoons; if you need a tablespoon, grab the big-ish one and estimate. If you needed more precision than that, why wouldn't you use ml? :confused:

    Because it's a heck of a lot easier to think, "I need one xspoon of secret ingredient" than it is to think, "I need xml of secret ingredient." You think like a scientist (because you are one). Most people aren't. That's who the teaspoons and tablespoons are for.





    queen elizabeth 2011. The Queen Elizabeth II Cup was
  • The Queen Elizabeth II Cup was



  • NorCalLights
    Nov 26, 07:22 PM
    To me, Tablets are worthless. I've had to deal with them at work because some people continue to order them for all their tasks, but they're less mobile than some laptops. They're usually the same thickness or size as a portable, so why carry something that's going to be crippled in some manner?

    What makes you think that an Apple tablet would be the same as every other tablet you've seen? Apple isn't one for releasing "crippled" products... they haven't made an ultra-portable laptop since the Duo, and their full-featured laptops are as thin as most ultra-portables in the PC world.

    There are plenty of applications for tablet computers that may be outside the scope of your imagination. I can think of many in my own life. A tablet running a full version of OSX would fit nicely into my life. I hope it happens.





    queen elizabeth 2011. is queen elizabeth 2011.
  • is queen elizabeth 2011.



  • Piggie
    Apr 23, 07:07 PM
    All very nice and I'm fully supportive of more high resolution graphics as soon as possible. It's a shame they don't believe in supporting the millions of Blu-ray discs being sold though, and trying to convince people that 720p iTunes content is good enough for TVs that are bigger than any of the displays they've ever sold, whilst planning for smaller but higher resolution screens that they must apparently believe makes a difference.

    I know, the old 720p is good enough marketing speak does make you laugh really.

    I have wondered, when they finally decide they can supply 1080p downloads from iTunes and they come up with a new marketing line to support this change, perhaps in another year or 3. Will they offer free downloads of the 1080p versions to those customers who have bought 720p versions of the films?

    Surely they won't expect people to pay a second time, as often they are paying as much for the iTunes version as the bluray physical disk 1080p version.





    queen elizabeth 2011. queen elizabeth ship 2011,
  • queen elizabeth ship 2011,



  • nitynate
    Sep 11, 05:27 AM
    :rolleyes:


    Well, my generation, we dont need wheel barrows!

    We get 10MB/s connections.



    Aye.





    queen elizabeth 2011. Queen Elizabeth at Sydney,
  • Queen Elizabeth at Sydney,



  • DTphonehome
    Jul 29, 11:39 PM
    The Apple iPhone would have to be better in functionality than a Blackberry to be considered useful, unless they can work out a better input device method or utilize Microsoft's Vista speech recognition program.


    Riiiiight...Apple is going to utilize Microsoft's speech recognition...:rolleyes:

    And why "better than Blackberry"? The Blackberry is practically the perfect corporate phone...the iPhone will probably not compete in that market.





    RazHyena
    May 7, 09:46 PM
    Finally, they'll be charging what the service is worth!

    +1

    My MobileMe email account didn't work all the time during my trial period, thankfully. Sometimes, I'd send an email from my MobileMe account and it wouldn't arrive at my receiving email account for like a day an a half.

    Just too many bugs to justify the $99 price tag. :confused:





    Marx55
    Aug 7, 05:05 PM
    Anyone specs about noise level (db) when..?:

    - Sleep.
    - Idle.
    - Low load.
    - Medium load.
    - High load.
    - Maximum load

    Thanks.





    kalsta
    May 3, 06:17 PM
    As for having a feel for the numbers, he's not alone. I have nearly 20 years of professional experience using Imperial units as a mechanical engineer, as does every mechanical engineer in the U.S. Switching systems (or, rather, making it mandatory) will require all of these engineers to re-learn the formulae they've known and used for decades. That's the equivalent of millions of man-years of engineering experience down the drain. That isn't progress, no matter how much you might want want to believe it is.

    :confused: Not progress because you'd have to relearn something? Mate, what progress would ever have been made if people always held to that argument? In the 80's/90's there were probably more than a few people in the design/publishing industry saying, 'Sorry, can't switch to Macs… Got 20 years experience rubbing Letraset down and maintaining my bromide machine.'





    kiljoy616
    Apr 24, 12:46 AM
    The past year my right eye's vision has decreased. Interestingly enough that is around when i got my iphone 4, can lack of my eye working and the phone making it easier make my vision worse? Probably not and just a coincidence.


    Anyway i wonder if apple will do the whole "It is a 500$ upgrade for retina" thing or it will just be a thing all mbp's have.

    No your just getting old. ;)





    ipxmbx
    Apr 7, 12:26 PM
    Haters gonna hate.
    Just because someone brings up a counterpoint does not make them a hater.

    When you use adolescent name calling it kills your image, and destroys your credibility.

    A limited vocabulary reveals many things. Anyone can call others names, it doesn't prove a thing.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment