ciTiger
Apr 25, 04:56 PM
Bring me my new MBP ASAP :P :D
I know the fall is the most optimistic date but hopefully when it does it will be well worth it!
I know the fall is the most optimistic date but hopefully when it does it will be well worth it!
mrsir2009
Apr 25, 12:16 AM
What happens if you did it to a mafia boss?
jafd
Apr 25, 04:41 PM
Haha. Silver. Collector's edition?
Athlete's edition, I reckon, given a piece of silver weighs around 4 times more than a piece of aluminum of the same volume.
Athlete's edition, I reckon, given a piece of silver weighs around 4 times more than a piece of aluminum of the same volume.
alexdrinan
Jul 14, 01:19 PM
Well anyways, if Apple could get Conroes into iMacs it would be great. A challenge I know (and I still personally think it is more likely to be a Merom iMac) but it would help to be that little bit more competitive. The rest is pretty much predictable, Merom for MBPs and eventually MacBooks and Mac Minis. Woodcrest for Mac Pro and MacServe (Macs in everything right ;) ). iMac's future is a big ?.
After looking at a chart of all the Core 2 Duo's, it seems like the most reasonable implementation would be to but the 2MB L2 cache Allendale cores into the iMacs (1.86ghz for the 17" and 2.16ghz for the 20") and the 4MB L2cache Conroe cores into the 3 Mac Pros (2.33ghz @ $1999, 2.66ghz @ $2499, and 2.93ghz @ $2999), with possibly and ultra-high end Dual 3.0ghz Woodcrest offering @ $3499 (I don't think economy of scale effects that likleyhood as Apple will already be purchasing them for their entire X-Serve line).
That's probably how I would roll it out if it were up to me.
After looking at a chart of all the Core 2 Duo's, it seems like the most reasonable implementation would be to but the 2MB L2 cache Allendale cores into the iMacs (1.86ghz for the 17" and 2.16ghz for the 20") and the 4MB L2cache Conroe cores into the 3 Mac Pros (2.33ghz @ $1999, 2.66ghz @ $2499, and 2.93ghz @ $2999), with possibly and ultra-high end Dual 3.0ghz Woodcrest offering @ $3499 (I don't think economy of scale effects that likleyhood as Apple will already be purchasing them for their entire X-Serve line).
That's probably how I would roll it out if it were up to me.

paulsecic
Aug 28, 02:50 PM
A week Tuesday, a week Tuesday! I just put my mini on eBay and I'll get a good chunk less if they update them tomorrow! I thought the original rumour said after Labor day which is next week isn't it?
Im broke now. I hope they wait til October. :(
Im broke now. I hope they wait til October. :(
chedda
Apr 19, 12:47 PM
Another crippling lawsuit?? This lawsuit is crippling Samsung? :rolleyes:
Okay Vegasman crippling should be replaced by tickling i forgot about samsung heavy industries.
Okay Vegasman crippling should be replaced by tickling i forgot about samsung heavy industries.

dondark
Sep 15, 06:57 PM
I'll be very tempted if it has;
3MP
All the display info in the latest iPods
BT
4-8 GB
Full iLife intergration (iSync, iTunes, iPhoto, iCal, Address book (with pictures), Mail)
Earphones (Pref BT and acts as hands free)
Desire
3G?
iChat with BT for Audio?
Widgets?
WiFi
IR remote feature
Light / Flash
Two Choices: Good design Apple Style with decent Camera and Music Quality
about $399
Or, Smart phone like with the feature above.(it means iLife , iChat for live video chat), they only need a good cpu,gpu and wifi for these.
about $599
3MP
All the display info in the latest iPods
BT
4-8 GB
Full iLife intergration (iSync, iTunes, iPhoto, iCal, Address book (with pictures), Mail)
Earphones (Pref BT and acts as hands free)
Desire
3G?
iChat with BT for Audio?
Widgets?
WiFi
IR remote feature
Light / Flash
Two Choices: Good design Apple Style with decent Camera and Music Quality
about $399
Or, Smart phone like with the feature above.(it means iLife , iChat for live video chat), they only need a good cpu,gpu and wifi for these.
about $599

iRobby
Apr 22, 03:00 AM
I have no idea how this would be useful. Buffer times, connection loss, no WiFi around, these are all problems that will prevent this from working.
What's wrong with storing music on hard drives locally?
Not sure how I feel about this or if I'd use it til details are released by Apple. For those not interested know this is an option we can continue using our hard drives on desktops as well as IOS Devices like we are now. Personally, I may just use DropBox for access to all my files including music unless this program has major industry revolutionary characteristics.
What's wrong with storing music on hard drives locally?
Not sure how I feel about this or if I'd use it til details are released by Apple. For those not interested know this is an option we can continue using our hard drives on desktops as well as IOS Devices like we are now. Personally, I may just use DropBox for access to all my files including music unless this program has major industry revolutionary characteristics.
shecky
Sep 14, 10:20 AM
I already did that (explain myself) and you said I was ignorant for doing so - didn't leave me many options, really. :)
mmmmmmmmmmm i just went thru the whole thread and you most certainly have not explained any of your statements, other than saying aperture needed new towers to run properly.
and i want to be clear that i am not neccesarily disagreeing with you, i just want to know why you seem so decisive in your statements with no explantion to them. if you are so sure, i want to know why so i can either agree with you and stop waiting for this ^%$$%#$@#!ing MBP that never seems to get here, or i can disagree and wait until the 24th.
if you are not willing to explain yourself then you are just trolling
mmmmmmmmmmm i just went thru the whole thread and you most certainly have not explained any of your statements, other than saying aperture needed new towers to run properly.
and i want to be clear that i am not neccesarily disagreeing with you, i just want to know why you seem so decisive in your statements with no explantion to them. if you are so sure, i want to know why so i can either agree with you and stop waiting for this ^%$$%#$@#!ing MBP that never seems to get here, or i can disagree and wait until the 24th.
if you are not willing to explain yourself then you are just trolling
bazaarsoft
Mar 22, 04:14 PM
What I find extremely interesting is the LACK of rumors on the MacBook - it's the oldest Mac in the lineup and is extremely overdue for an upgrade (almost double it's normal product cycle). :confused:
sigma8
Mar 23, 06:16 PM
No one likes drunk drivers. No one. Period. That being said, Apple should not pull the App. Speed trap apps will be next (Trapster)... Keep the app store open to everything thats legal. This is no different than a friend calling you telling you to avoid a check point. Neither is illegal.
I agree. These apps are only letting people share information. If law enforcement doesn't want people avoiding the traps and checkpoints, then they should randomize their placement. They can quickly render these apps useless by simply changing their methods. That solves the problem without impinging or seeming to impinge upon any free speech issues.
In fact, the notion that these apps exist at all demonstrates that people are sharing this information. I'd wager this was happening on forums or IRC (or through other means) on the QT well before the apps themselves were created. If they get the apps removed, it will still be happening. Law enforcement should be glad to learn that their methods have been circumvented, and that they should change them.
I agree. These apps are only letting people share information. If law enforcement doesn't want people avoiding the traps and checkpoints, then they should randomize their placement. They can quickly render these apps useless by simply changing their methods. That solves the problem without impinging or seeming to impinge upon any free speech issues.
In fact, the notion that these apps exist at all demonstrates that people are sharing this information. I'd wager this was happening on forums or IRC (or through other means) on the QT well before the apps themselves were created. If they get the apps removed, it will still be happening. Law enforcement should be glad to learn that their methods have been circumvented, and that they should change them.

ngenerator
Mar 23, 05:10 PM
Always one in a bunch who brings up a personal experience to shock people into shutting up. My sister was eaten by a hyena. No hyena jokes please.
Heyooo! Besides, murder is premeditated. It's called homicide otherwise.
Heyooo! Besides, murder is premeditated. It's called homicide otherwise.
KnightWRX
Apr 30, 04:01 PM
Thunderbolt promises a faster connector technology to drive external displays
Right now, Thunderbolt does not deliver faster connector technology to drive external displays. Displayport 1,1a has a bit more bandwidth, Displayport 1,2 has more than twice the bandwidth.
ThunderBolt to USB 3.0 adapters do exist
Link ?
That display isn't happening this time.
You're saying they aren't going to ship the 27" iMac with its current IPS screen with a resolution of 2560x1440 ? Proof ?
Right now, Thunderbolt does not deliver faster connector technology to drive external displays. Displayport 1,1a has a bit more bandwidth, Displayport 1,2 has more than twice the bandwidth.
ThunderBolt to USB 3.0 adapters do exist
Link ?
That display isn't happening this time.
You're saying they aren't going to ship the 27" iMac with its current IPS screen with a resolution of 2560x1440 ? Proof ?

Yamcha
Apr 30, 06:43 PM
Glad, hoping for a redesign, but probably unlikely, also would be great to see the yellow tint issue resolved..
nagromme
Oct 12, 02:48 PM
I would love to have a red iPod, but I don't know why we would ever give money to help fight AIDS on a continent where the people take NO precautions to prevent themselves from getting AIDS...
Pretending that your trolling is real:
Money to fight AIDS includes educational efforts so people WILL take precautions.
Just like the educational efforts we have here in the US, where people are not lifetime monogamous :)
PS, "we" wouldn't be giving the money, Apple would. "We" would just get a new color iPod :)
There are many wonderful things about the African people, but there were also many wonderful things about the Dinosaurs, the Dodo bird, and numerous others.
I assume you're not really equating natural selection and genetic evolution, with cultural factors like education.
Because they're actually not the same thing, nor do they work the same.
For instance, here's an interesting fact: dying is necessary for natural selection to work. Dying is NOT necessary for education to work.
So you see, there's an option that involves less dying and suffering. That's what you may be overlooking in your zeal :)
By your logic, why help anyone, when letting them die will make people "smarter and wiser?" Why, children who get hurt on skateboards and behind the wheel should be turned away from hospitals. We would create a super race worthy of the 3rd Reich :o
(Need I mention that much of mathematics, astronomy, and science came from "rudimentary" and "archaic" African scientists who were far ahead of their European counterparts? I'm guessing whatever you have been reading may have omitted some parts of history :) )
Pretending that your trolling is real:
Money to fight AIDS includes educational efforts so people WILL take precautions.
Just like the educational efforts we have here in the US, where people are not lifetime monogamous :)
PS, "we" wouldn't be giving the money, Apple would. "We" would just get a new color iPod :)
There are many wonderful things about the African people, but there were also many wonderful things about the Dinosaurs, the Dodo bird, and numerous others.
I assume you're not really equating natural selection and genetic evolution, with cultural factors like education.
Because they're actually not the same thing, nor do they work the same.
For instance, here's an interesting fact: dying is necessary for natural selection to work. Dying is NOT necessary for education to work.
So you see, there's an option that involves less dying and suffering. That's what you may be overlooking in your zeal :)
By your logic, why help anyone, when letting them die will make people "smarter and wiser?" Why, children who get hurt on skateboards and behind the wheel should be turned away from hospitals. We would create a super race worthy of the 3rd Reich :o
(Need I mention that much of mathematics, astronomy, and science came from "rudimentary" and "archaic" African scientists who were far ahead of their European counterparts? I'm guessing whatever you have been reading may have omitted some parts of history :) )
karsten
Apr 19, 08:22 AM
Apple is pathetic.
word. it's called competition. omg the second car manufacturer designed a car with an engine and 4 wheels, he must be copying. lol
word. it's called competition. omg the second car manufacturer designed a car with an engine and 4 wheels, he must be copying. lol

squeeks
Apr 10, 08:48 PM
you guys do realize gas is like 9 dollars a gallon in europe right?

SeaFox
Sep 26, 10:03 PM
Does anyone know if it is still possible to start a new wireless plan without a contract? I mean, the whole idea of the contract is to cover the phone subsidy, but if I don't want a new phone do I still have to get one?
I've been considering switching to Cingular since I don't get any signal at all in my workplace with T-Mobile (the higher GSM frequency has trouble going through thick walls) but Cingular works great.
I haven't been on a contract in about 5 years now, and I don't want to get back on one again, which is part of the reason I've stayed with T-Mobile.
I've been considering switching to Cingular since I don't get any signal at all in my workplace with T-Mobile (the higher GSM frequency has trouble going through thick walls) but Cingular works great.
I haven't been on a contract in about 5 years now, and I don't want to get back on one again, which is part of the reason I've stayed with T-Mobile.

min_t
Apr 22, 11:29 AM
Should I be pissed having bought the new SSD MB Air 4 months ago?:confused: I deserved some TB speeds.
Farplaner
Apr 20, 10:04 AM
I thought this was an FCC mandate (to track GPS information for cellphones) after 9/11. The real issue is that this is not encrypted in anyway so anybody can get the information if they have access to the file.
PghLondon
Apr 30, 01:48 PM
Okay, so now all I have to do is hope for SATA 3 SSD connections and the prices to drop to i5 @ $1699 and i7 @ $1999. Some REAL good GPUs and more standard ram. :cool:
I hate to say it but I'll keep holding off if the interface connections don't start jumping up in spec. It's retarded to see Thunderbolt and no SATA 3 or USB 3. It will a (re)selling point later on when you're looking to sell it off for the next new one.
USB3 is dead tech. You'll never see it on a Mac. Would be VERY surprised to see eSATA, as well.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
Thunderbolt drives will be out this summer.
Yup. Not sure why people are surprised that the machine with Thunderbolt came out before the drives/peripherals. Do you really think it would happen the other way around?
Compare:
"Here's a computer with a port that you can't use yet, but will be able to soon as peripherals are built. You can still use the rest of the computer, though"
to
"Here's a peripheral with a port that isn't supported by any computers yet. There should be something out soon, though"
Not really a tough decision, eh?
I hate to say it but I'll keep holding off if the interface connections don't start jumping up in spec. It's retarded to see Thunderbolt and no SATA 3 or USB 3. It will a (re)selling point later on when you're looking to sell it off for the next new one.
USB3 is dead tech. You'll never see it on a Mac. Would be VERY surprised to see eSATA, as well.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
Thunderbolt drives will be out this summer.
Yup. Not sure why people are surprised that the machine with Thunderbolt came out before the drives/peripherals. Do you really think it would happen the other way around?
Compare:
"Here's a computer with a port that you can't use yet, but will be able to soon as peripherals are built. You can still use the rest of the computer, though"
to
"Here's a peripheral with a port that isn't supported by any computers yet. There should be something out soon, though"
Not really a tough decision, eh?
katewes
May 3, 04:03 PM
No matte antiglare screens on the new iMacs. If you need matte screens, there's something you can do - add your voice to 1,300+ petitions at http://macmatte.wordpress.com Unlike personal emails to Apple - which Apple just ignore, asserting everyone loves glossy screens - make it count by adding to the online petition where your voice will remain visible on the net until Apple listens. Remember, adding your comment to transient news articles on the net is fine, but those articles go out of date in a few weeks, and also there is no long-term accumulation and consolidation of numbers, like there is at a petition site.
Kebabselector
Apr 30, 02:13 PM
Isn't there an aftermarket for this?
Not a real solution. Most people who want matte want the MBP type of option, no glass and real matte screen.
Not a real solution. Most people who want matte want the MBP type of option, no glass and real matte screen.
MattSepeta
Apr 18, 03:37 PM
The very fact that people think they "deserve" vacation days is mind-boggling. Why should you "Deserve" to get paid a single dime you did not earn?
I work about 60% self-employed free lance, and 40% at my old "day job". Guess what. Neither one offers me "vacation days". Am I miserable? Hardly!
If I want a vacation day, I simply do not work. That also means I do not get paid. It would seem mighty pretentious of me to be expect pay for work not done.
If you want a job with more vacation days, FIND ONE! no one owes you a darn thing, certainly not pay for days off.
I work about 60% self-employed free lance, and 40% at my old "day job". Guess what. Neither one offers me "vacation days". Am I miserable? Hardly!
If I want a vacation day, I simply do not work. That also means I do not get paid. It would seem mighty pretentious of me to be expect pay for work not done.
If you want a job with more vacation days, FIND ONE! no one owes you a darn thing, certainly not pay for days off.
No comments:
Post a Comment