cfanyc
Sep 19, 09:54 AM
I think the no new mpb's today is hope that the special event b4 photokina will be about the mbp's with hopefully some new stuff as opposed to a release tues/wed with just a processor swap...
all this waiting is certainly a build up, if it was just the processor swap, it would blow big time....
all this waiting is certainly a build up, if it was just the processor swap, it would blow big time....
swingerofbirch
Aug 26, 02:06 AM
I imagine Apple is upset with Sony.
I know Sony is paying for the battery replacements but I wonder if they reimburse Apple for the customer service and shipping they provide for the recall.
The market seems to demand low prices and I suppose does not demand as much that the products be durable and right the first time.
With PC manufacturers, they usually have two grades--consumer and business.
My university encourages students to buy a Lenovo notebook, but goes out of their way to emphasize that students buy a business model over the consumer models. They say that they are better built with better parts even if they look less flashy at higher prices.
Apple's product line-up is less stratified. All of their products could theoretically be used by business or consumers. Maybe they are falling in between...not reaching the build level of the PC world's "business class"?
I know Sony is paying for the battery replacements but I wonder if they reimburse Apple for the customer service and shipping they provide for the recall.
The market seems to demand low prices and I suppose does not demand as much that the products be durable and right the first time.
With PC manufacturers, they usually have two grades--consumer and business.
My university encourages students to buy a Lenovo notebook, but goes out of their way to emphasize that students buy a business model over the consumer models. They say that they are better built with better parts even if they look less flashy at higher prices.
Apple's product line-up is less stratified. All of their products could theoretically be used by business or consumers. Maybe they are falling in between...not reaching the build level of the PC world's "business class"?
NoSmokingBandit
Aug 18, 12:55 PM
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/18/gt5_date_and_blue_ps3/
New pics and stuff.
An official feature list is nice too:

The most beautiful pregnant

miranda kerr pregnant belly.

Miranda Kerr Pregnancy

Miranda Kerr Naked and

More Miranda Kerr pregnant

Miranda Kerr

miranda kerr fansite that

miranda kerr pregnant vogue.

Miranda Kerr pregnant? Related Readings:Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr return from honeymoon

miranda kerr pregnant,

Miranda Kerr has finally

Miranda Kerr. The pregnant

Miranda Kerr#39;s baby bump

A Very Pregnant Miranda Kerr

Miranda Kerr is expecting

miranda kerr pregnant belly.
New pics and stuff.
An official feature list is nice too:
georgee2face
Mar 22, 02:07 PM
My apologies to the"greens", but these tablets ( and my ipad) will NEVER be a true enterprise product with out some sort of native printing and a FIRST CLASS STYLUS/WRITING APPS. PERIOD.
I use mine in two different business, but it takes drop box, print work-arounds and crude writing apps to use it for business.
I enjoy it for all the other reasosns, but business goes to my MAC AIR.
I use mine in two different business, but it takes drop box, print work-arounds and crude writing apps to use it for business.
I enjoy it for all the other reasosns, but business goes to my MAC AIR.

Multimedia
Aug 17, 11:43 AM
My main interest is in FCP the FCP results.
On a fixed budget, does anyone know the advantage/disadvantage of going for the 2.0Ghz with 1900XT over 2.6Ghz with the std video card?The 2GHz Mac Pro is 25% slower while the price is only 8.75% lower when you also lower the order $90 by making the HD a 160 instead of the 250 stock. 300GB SATA/300 drives are only $80 now. So I think it isn't really worth ordering the 2GHz model for that much less power for that little less money. For most of Final Cut Pro work you will not need the fancy video card. Motion is tne only thing that ATI card will help with. If you won't be using Motion a lot, the stock Mac Pro card will be fine.
The 3GHz model is just the opposite - 12.78% more power for 33% more money. Time is money has to be the reason for ordering the 3GHz model.
On a fixed budget, does anyone know the advantage/disadvantage of going for the 2.0Ghz with 1900XT over 2.6Ghz with the std video card?The 2GHz Mac Pro is 25% slower while the price is only 8.75% lower when you also lower the order $90 by making the HD a 160 instead of the 250 stock. 300GB SATA/300 drives are only $80 now. So I think it isn't really worth ordering the 2GHz model for that much less power for that little less money. For most of Final Cut Pro work you will not need the fancy video card. Motion is tne only thing that ATI card will help with. If you won't be using Motion a lot, the stock Mac Pro card will be fine.
The 3GHz model is just the opposite - 12.78% more power for 33% more money. Time is money has to be the reason for ordering the 3GHz model.
KnightWRX
Apr 8, 08:21 PM
Intel is not forcing anything.
Intel forced nVidia out of the chipset business. :p Which is what led to this whole GPU downgrade for Sandy Bridge equipped Macs with IGPs.
Intel forced nVidia out of the chipset business. :p Which is what led to this whole GPU downgrade for Sandy Bridge equipped Macs with IGPs.
blesscheese
Mar 26, 09:16 AM
Wait until the first revision comes up! as always, the desperates install the new OS that come full of bugs and then complains starts "I lost all my data".
Just my 2cents.
Not to mention that this sort of upgrades just make you buying a new machine to run the system as it should.
I agree...btw, before they release the new OS, shouldn't they fix the flaws in the old one first? Oh well, no chance of that now, "the new OS is far better than the old one..." (shades of M$ hyping Windows 95 as "the best ever," and then to market Win98, talking about how crappy Win95 was).
Is it me, or has Snow Leopard felt more like a marketing tool to get Apple's hands more fully into my wallet? The 10.6.6 update just to put the App Store icon in my dock was a bit over the top.
Just my 2cents.
Not to mention that this sort of upgrades just make you buying a new machine to run the system as it should.
I agree...btw, before they release the new OS, shouldn't they fix the flaws in the old one first? Oh well, no chance of that now, "the new OS is far better than the old one..." (shades of M$ hyping Windows 95 as "the best ever," and then to market Win98, talking about how crappy Win95 was).
Is it me, or has Snow Leopard felt more like a marketing tool to get Apple's hands more fully into my wallet? The 10.6.6 update just to put the App Store icon in my dock was a bit over the top.
Raidersmojo
Jun 17, 08:20 AM
Raiders -
Do you think perhaps you may get a shipment of
iPhone 4s for the general public without pins prior
to July 24th?
You think that is possible or do you think Apple is
just going to cut RS out of the iPhone 4 equation altogether?
rumor has it, yes. We are going to get iphone 4's from wireless D2U, but there will not be many.
However, with the constraints on the inventory right now, I doubt that is possible. It's going to look like if you did not get a pin this time, you will not get an iphone.
My DM told me I might not even get the iphones I ordered myself for various reasons. Radioshack had no idea what they were going to do for the launch the night before.
Best bet is to either go to wally world (wal mart) or get it on apple.com
Do you think perhaps you may get a shipment of
iPhone 4s for the general public without pins prior
to July 24th?
You think that is possible or do you think Apple is
just going to cut RS out of the iPhone 4 equation altogether?
rumor has it, yes. We are going to get iphone 4's from wireless D2U, but there will not be many.
However, with the constraints on the inventory right now, I doubt that is possible. It's going to look like if you did not get a pin this time, you will not get an iphone.
My DM told me I might not even get the iphones I ordered myself for various reasons. Radioshack had no idea what they were going to do for the launch the night before.
Best bet is to either go to wally world (wal mart) or get it on apple.com
akatsuki
Apr 6, 10:36 AM
Thunderbolt and new CPUs would make me buy on day one.

BillyShears
Aug 7, 10:03 PM
Perhaps sometime between now and Spring 2007 they might find the time to change that.
Right, but certainly not "all the pictures" show a unified interface, which is what I was replying to. I'd like if it were unified, though.
Right, but certainly not "all the pictures" show a unified interface, which is what I was replying to. I'd like if it were unified, though.
Soura2112
Apr 10, 03:10 PM
I really think Apple will be brining out a great product here. They have had a lot of time to hear what people want and don't want. I'm being very optimistic, sure no one will get everything they want since that never happens but will get great things (I hope!).
My only problem is I'm in the market for a new camera and want to make sure I know what's up with FCP before I get my camera mainly because I don't want to wait for any updates for the camera I decide to buy since it won't be VERY high end.
Can't wait to hear this news.
My only problem is I'm in the market for a new camera and want to make sure I know what's up with FCP before I get my camera mainly because I don't want to wait for any updates for the camera I decide to buy since it won't be VERY high end.
Can't wait to hear this news.
kallisti
Mar 22, 05:35 PM
This is just a preview of the future, Android based tablets will clean the iPads clock. Apple made the so-called iPad 2 as a 1.5. Low res camera, not enough RAM, and low res screen. It's going to be a verrrry long 2012 for Apple. Sure it's selling like hot cakes now, but when buyers see tablets that they don't have to stand inline for, that have better equipment and are cheaper ... Apples house of cards will come crashing down around them.
The only strength that Apple has is the app ecosystem; which is why they are going after Amazon for spiting on the sidewalk. They know the world of hurt coming their way.
I love reading your posts. Some of the most ignorant on the site. Keep living in your little fantasy world.
The only strength that Apple has is the app ecosystem; which is why they are going after Amazon for spiting on the sidewalk. They know the world of hurt coming their way.
I love reading your posts. Some of the most ignorant on the site. Keep living in your little fantasy world.
KindredMAC
Jul 14, 03:20 PM
A new Mac Pro for $1799? Not bad people!!!! In essence Apple is cutting the price of the current Dual Core 2 GHz G5 PowerMac by $200..... The same price as it is on the EDU store.
If you want something cheaper, buy an iMac for Christ's sake! That's why Apple has made them as powerful as they are now. They are meant as a bridge between the "Con-sumer" and the "Pro-sumer". PowerMacs have been and always will be for PROFESSIONALS!!!! Not the weekend warrior who "dabbles" in Photoshop. That's what the iMac is for people!!!
In my opinion and thoughts there will be no difference between these and the current G5 PowerMacs in performance.
As for Dual Optical Drives? AMEN! It is a hassle and waste of HD space when you need to copy a disc, especially Application Discs that you might want to keep in a safe place but have a copy always handy. I'm contemplating buying an external DVD Burner to hook up to my Dual Core G5 PM for these very reasons. I might wait though for a Blu Ray Disc Burner first though.
The thing that perplexes me is the relocation of the Power Supply to the top. This is either bogus info or they know something they aren't letting on about all the Liquid Cooling problems that have been arising lately in the repair world.
Plus would this not put a strain on the power cord since the cord would have its own weight hanging down on it instead of how it currently comes out of the back of the tower and immediately lays on the floor or desk surface? Something's fishy about this.
If you want something cheaper, buy an iMac for Christ's sake! That's why Apple has made them as powerful as they are now. They are meant as a bridge between the "Con-sumer" and the "Pro-sumer". PowerMacs have been and always will be for PROFESSIONALS!!!! Not the weekend warrior who "dabbles" in Photoshop. That's what the iMac is for people!!!
In my opinion and thoughts there will be no difference between these and the current G5 PowerMacs in performance.
As for Dual Optical Drives? AMEN! It is a hassle and waste of HD space when you need to copy a disc, especially Application Discs that you might want to keep in a safe place but have a copy always handy. I'm contemplating buying an external DVD Burner to hook up to my Dual Core G5 PM for these very reasons. I might wait though for a Blu Ray Disc Burner first though.
The thing that perplexes me is the relocation of the Power Supply to the top. This is either bogus info or they know something they aren't letting on about all the Liquid Cooling problems that have been arising lately in the repair world.
Plus would this not put a strain on the power cord since the cord would have its own weight hanging down on it instead of how it currently comes out of the back of the tower and immediately lays on the floor or desk surface? Something's fishy about this.
Mistrblank
Apr 8, 07:19 AM
Wow. I bought mine at Best Buy on opening day and they sold out of them. Why in anybody's right mind would best buy not sell what they have?
It keeps people coming back day after day.
It keeps people coming back day after day.
tobio
Aug 7, 06:38 PM
I went for enhanced mail, specifically because of the system wide todo's and notes. All the other stuff is nice, but those features are actually going to make my working life better (I use my mac for my actual work wherever possible). The system wide features of the OS are what truly makes it great for me. The sort of things that you use every day without even noticing them (until you try to do them in windows).
guzhogi
Jul 15, 09:58 AM
I kind of miss the B&W G3 and the Power Mac G4's enclusure where all you needed to do to open it was lift the latch and open it and �voila! All the components right there! W/ the G5/ you have to take off the side and isn't there a clear side panel you have to take off, too?
shawnce
Jul 20, 11:43 AM
Strike:
- release date of 10.5 revealed - possibly more stuff revealed
Insert:
-release of 10.5
Sorry I don't see that happening... Apple has basically always given developers a few months (to several months) lead time with the next major version of Mac OS X. That has taken place yet... so I don't see it being released at WWDC 2006.
- release date of 10.5 revealed - possibly more stuff revealed
Insert:
-release of 10.5
Sorry I don't see that happening... Apple has basically always given developers a few months (to several months) lead time with the next major version of Mac OS X. That has taken place yet... so I don't see it being released at WWDC 2006.
NJRonbo
Jun 16, 06:18 PM
Raiders -
Do you think perhaps you may get a shipment of
iPhone 4s for the general public without pins prior
to July 24th?
You think that is possible or do you think Apple is
just going to cut RS out of the iPhone 4 equation altogether?
Do you think perhaps you may get a shipment of
iPhone 4s for the general public without pins prior
to July 24th?
You think that is possible or do you think Apple is
just going to cut RS out of the iPhone 4 equation altogether?
scottlinux
Sep 13, 10:32 PM
If you don't think so, then you are paying way too much attention to the content and not enough to the process by which they are conveying that content.
Well if the content is crap, who cares to watch? Content of TV is more important to me. I'd rather see a fascinating news show or program over rabbit ears than watch the Today Show in HD.
My post of this news has nothing to do with content.
This wasn't clear the first time. You sounded like a crazed American Idol fan with your original post. And HD broadcasts are nothing new...
Well if the content is crap, who cares to watch? Content of TV is more important to me. I'd rather see a fascinating news show or program over rabbit ears than watch the Today Show in HD.
My post of this news has nothing to do with content.
This wasn't clear the first time. You sounded like a crazed American Idol fan with your original post. And HD broadcasts are nothing new...
shelterpaw
Aug 11, 04:04 PM
No, not EVERYONE. I own 4 cell phones. By your logic, I would be counted as 4 people.And you have all the personalities to go with them. :D
IBradMac
Jun 14, 12:36 AM
Correct to the even though your an authorized user. Authorized users can do anything but add or upgrade, atleaset at RS.
jeanlain
Apr 11, 08:46 AM
No kidding!
280734
Where's Picasso when you need him? :-)
Avid image was from here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYw4vvr7Aq4
OMG, these drop-down menus! It burns....:eek:
280734
Where's Picasso when you need him? :-)
Avid image was from here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYw4vvr7Aq4
OMG, these drop-down menus! It burns....:eek:
MattInOz
Apr 6, 06:48 PM
I still don't think this means new MacBook Airs in June. Can anyone really see Apple releasing new hardware before Lion is released?
Yes I can...
In fact I expect it.
Then the full range of machines can run either SL or Lion. You don't normally see machines restricted to running the new OS until after update 2 or 3. Otherwise they'd be cutting off pro sales for people who rely on some 3rd party software that doesn't cope with Lion till those or the software itself updates.
Yes I can...
In fact I expect it.
Then the full range of machines can run either SL or Lion. You don't normally see machines restricted to running the new OS until after update 2 or 3. Otherwise they'd be cutting off pro sales for people who rely on some 3rd party software that doesn't cope with Lion till those or the software itself updates.
Thunderhawks
Mar 31, 03:49 PM
Oh, Lordy! The Fandroids were always delusional, but reading some of these comments�this seems to have pushed them over the line into some sort of clinical psychosis.
Can't we just all get along?:-)
The pissing contest continues taking on comical character.
As an iphone user I have a great device that does what I want it to do. The least of that is actually making phone calls.
It's beautifully integrated with all my Apple stuff.
The Android users have their iphone and ios copy phones. (Hello Mr. Schmidt, nice stealing)
If the Androids and Windoof phones do what their consumers need them to do be happy.
Why would I even care if open or closed. I have no personal advantages if Mr. Rubin has to eat his words or they make changes. Technology is ever evolving.
As a famous politician once said: What do I care about what I said yesterday?
May the better product win, copy and all. If the iphone starts to suck and there are better alternatives for me, I'll switch and so will plenty of others.
Same the other way around.
Can't we just all get along?:-)
The pissing contest continues taking on comical character.
As an iphone user I have a great device that does what I want it to do. The least of that is actually making phone calls.
It's beautifully integrated with all my Apple stuff.
The Android users have their iphone and ios copy phones. (Hello Mr. Schmidt, nice stealing)
If the Androids and Windoof phones do what their consumers need them to do be happy.
Why would I even care if open or closed. I have no personal advantages if Mr. Rubin has to eat his words or they make changes. Technology is ever evolving.
As a famous politician once said: What do I care about what I said yesterday?
May the better product win, copy and all. If the iphone starts to suck and there are better alternatives for me, I'll switch and so will plenty of others.
Same the other way around.
No comments:
Post a Comment