brepublican
Jul 21, 02:32 PM
Sheesh. This is a 180 from waiting for G5 updates.
One word: Roadmap.
One word: Roadmap.
cube
May 6, 07:06 AM
AMD is currently a bang for buck chip maker, I doubt you'll see them CPUs in Apple products. Plus until Fusion develops some more the thermal envelope isn't too good.
The TDP of Bobcat Fusion includes fast DX11 graphics. The TDP of Atom does not include graphics.
Bobcat Fusion is at 40nm bulk. Atom is at 45nm.
In some months Atom will shrink to 32nm with DX10 graphics.
By the turn of the year Bobcat+ Fusion will be out on 28nm bulk.
The TDP of Bobcat Fusion includes fast DX11 graphics. The TDP of Atom does not include graphics.
Bobcat Fusion is at 40nm bulk. Atom is at 45nm.
In some months Atom will shrink to 32nm with DX10 graphics.
By the turn of the year Bobcat+ Fusion will be out on 28nm bulk.
BMcCoy
Mar 27, 01:00 PM
iPad 2 HD
coming september 2011
$999 / �799
same specs and design as 64GB iPad 2, but with 2048x1536 screen, at 264ppi.
coming september 2011
$999 / �799
same specs and design as 64GB iPad 2, but with 2048x1536 screen, at 264ppi.
t0mat0
Apr 21, 03:17 PM
You'd think they'd want maybe to put more capabilities into expanding the GPU power to help with OpenCL and GCD - we'll see, but wouldn't a Mac Pro mountable rack or a new Xserve version want this?
Stridder44
Aug 2, 12:18 PM
God I can't wait to see the new Finder/OS X developments........and MBP updates!!!!
Multimedia
Aug 3, 08:55 AM
> btw< the macbook pro im using runs at 2.33Ghz. :DI misunderstood the context. Sorry. It's Steve saying that in the SteveNote. My bad. :) :o
peharri
Nov 26, 05:57 AM
Now, here's a larger picture thought to ponder...
If Apple goes to market with the iPhone, then this is going to open up (to some extent) the viability of a F/OSS community cell phone. And this is a really good thing as well because it represents a non-commercial, enthusiast entrance into what up until now has been a totally proprietary, locked-down OS-based product world. It has the potential to do to cell phones what Linux has inspired in Mac OS X.
There are already GNU/Linux based cellphones. And what about the iPhone implies that it would be open in a way that, say, an average Nokia isn't? I appreciate they ported GNU/Linux to the iPod, but for the most part the reason similar things haven't happened on more regular cellphones has been an issue of the amount of work involved, with it being somewhat harder to write a GSM stack from scratch and port a kernel than it is to simply port an off-the-shelf kernel. (And I guess there's the additional issue that there are six zillion cellphones using about one quillion completely incompatible hardware platforms, whereas there are only a handful of MP3 players and only one that's achieved marketshare heaven.)
If Apple goes to market with the iPhone, then this is going to open up (to some extent) the viability of a F/OSS community cell phone. And this is a really good thing as well because it represents a non-commercial, enthusiast entrance into what up until now has been a totally proprietary, locked-down OS-based product world. It has the potential to do to cell phones what Linux has inspired in Mac OS X.
There are already GNU/Linux based cellphones. And what about the iPhone implies that it would be open in a way that, say, an average Nokia isn't? I appreciate they ported GNU/Linux to the iPod, but for the most part the reason similar things haven't happened on more regular cellphones has been an issue of the amount of work involved, with it being somewhat harder to write a GSM stack from scratch and port a kernel than it is to simply port an off-the-shelf kernel. (And I guess there's the additional issue that there are six zillion cellphones using about one quillion completely incompatible hardware platforms, whereas there are only a handful of MP3 players and only one that's achieved marketshare heaven.)
bigbossbmb
Jul 21, 02:05 PM
great news, but i think a few will vote it negative because they like to whine...
i may need to bump up my timeline for upgrading my dying 12"
i may need to bump up my timeline for upgrading my dying 12"
LightSpeed1
Mar 27, 03:58 PM
I think apple has even more of a lockdown on iOS 5 and because there are no leaks they are reporting delay.
bedifferent
May 7, 12:05 PM
The best option is to cover both ends.
Free
Syncing
Contacts, Calendar, Bookmarks
Small iDisk
Find my iDevice
Web Gallery
Web Page
Paid
iTunes Cloud (Lala music streaming)
More Sync options
Larger iDisk Pro (Dropbox like speed)
Larger Web space and Gallery
Online Backup
iWork.com Pro (Collaboration and editing)
I'm ready to go Google Free. I just need to know Mobileme is worth investing in more.
Exactly my thoughts, aside from the free web page/site. Over the years I've grown to appreciate the MobileMe/.Mac service as it offers a lot for $99/year, much more than most realize or utilize. Offering a "lite/free" version would attract more iPhone/iPad owners and would entice more to purchase the full version.
Free
Syncing
Contacts, Calendar, Bookmarks
Small iDisk
Find my iDevice
Web Gallery
Web Page
Paid
iTunes Cloud (Lala music streaming)
More Sync options
Larger iDisk Pro (Dropbox like speed)
Larger Web space and Gallery
Online Backup
iWork.com Pro (Collaboration and editing)
I'm ready to go Google Free. I just need to know Mobileme is worth investing in more.
Exactly my thoughts, aside from the free web page/site. Over the years I've grown to appreciate the MobileMe/.Mac service as it offers a lot for $99/year, much more than most realize or utilize. Offering a "lite/free" version would attract more iPhone/iPad owners and would entice more to purchase the full version.
chasemac
Jul 30, 01:20 AM
Please dont call it an "iPhone" that is so... no. if it was called iPhone I dont think that I would buy it. if it was MacPhone Pro or something like that than maybe... ;). No but please dont name it either of those. Come up with something new and original.
How bout PowerPhone.mac!:)
How bout PowerPhone.mac!:)

tekmoe
Sep 15, 06:43 PM
just remember everyone...
all the rumor sits speculated the 23" imac (really 24") would be revealed at the "Showtime" event. apple fooled them all and released it a week early!
let's hope the same thing happens for our mbp's. here's to next tuesday! :D
all the rumor sits speculated the 23" imac (really 24") would be revealed at the "Showtime" event. apple fooled them all and released it a week early!
let's hope the same thing happens for our mbp's. here's to next tuesday! :D
doctor-don
May 7, 11:02 PM
What are the uses for this MobileMe? Why would I use / need it?
I have used Macs since they came into existence, and I have owned several of them the past 20 years. But I have not used either dotMac or MobileMe.
Only serious replies, please.
I have used Macs since they came into existence, and I have owned several of them the past 20 years. But I have not used either dotMac or MobileMe.
Only serious replies, please.
Juan007
Apr 7, 10:58 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
Good for Apple. They knew years ago they would be selling millions of iPads so they secured the supply. It pays to be a tech LEADER not a follower. Too bad so sad for all the companies whose tablets weren't conceived until the day after iPad 1 launch.
"Oh you want some LCD, sorry we're out. Apple bought our entire production three years ago."
Good for Apple. They knew years ago they would be selling millions of iPads so they secured the supply. It pays to be a tech LEADER not a follower. Too bad so sad for all the companies whose tablets weren't conceived until the day after iPad 1 launch.
"Oh you want some LCD, sorry we're out. Apple bought our entire production three years ago."

G5Unit
Nov 22, 01:26 AM
Hasen't Apple been working on the iPhone for "a few years" at least?
-aggie-
May 3, 12:27 PM
So, I'm confused from reading the rules. You stated the villain wins once everyone is dead. How does a hero die? That's not clear to me in the rules.
Also, this:
The villain starts at level 16, and his stats depends on how many heroes there are (add 2 points to his HP and AP for each playing hero). The villain cannot level up whatsoever.
is unclear. You said he can't level up, so what does that mean? This "add two points" makes no sense??
Edit: BTW, DP, I don't mind you asking questions, it's just that in the past your answers weren't incorporated in the OP (comments like this was explained in Post # blah blah were particularly irritating).
Also, this:
The villain starts at level 16, and his stats depends on how many heroes there are (add 2 points to his HP and AP for each playing hero). The villain cannot level up whatsoever.
is unclear. You said he can't level up, so what does that mean? This "add two points" makes no sense??
Edit: BTW, DP, I don't mind you asking questions, it's just that in the past your answers weren't incorporated in the OP (comments like this was explained in Post # blah blah were particularly irritating).
johnmcboston
Mar 28, 09:47 AM
Maybe not at WWDC, but I don't see them waiting till Fall to put out new iPhone hardware, hold iOS5 till then, maybe, but not new hardware.
They risk losing people to Android, WebOS, etc... as the remaining iPhone3GS people all start coming off of contract, and nobody will go iPhone4 knowing 5 is just months away.
This waiting around also gives 3GS users a few months to check out other products (new Pre w/WebOS, etc). Apple does not want people looking around during that break time.
I'm in that boat. although I'm most likely not willing to 'jump ship'. :) would just be disappointed at a few more months of an 'old phone'.
They risk losing people to Android, WebOS, etc... as the remaining iPhone3GS people all start coming off of contract, and nobody will go iPhone4 knowing 5 is just months away.
This waiting around also gives 3GS users a few months to check out other products (new Pre w/WebOS, etc). Apple does not want people looking around during that break time.
I'm in that boat. although I'm most likely not willing to 'jump ship'. :) would just be disappointed at a few more months of an 'old phone'.
Ommid
Apr 25, 01:25 PM
http://www.tvlogicusa.com/product/product.php?idx=40
3840x2160 resolution
56" Screen
10 bit color
Came out exactly a year ago.
Or one from Sharp (came out 4 years ago)
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/15/sharps-4k-x-2k-64-inch-ultra-high-res-monitor/
4096 x 2048 resolution
62" screen
Actually beasts! How do you know about those then?
I think the Dell 30 inch is still relatively higher PPI though right?
3840x2160 resolution
56" Screen
10 bit color
Came out exactly a year ago.
Or one from Sharp (came out 4 years ago)
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/15/sharps-4k-x-2k-64-inch-ultra-high-res-monitor/
4096 x 2048 resolution
62" screen
Actually beasts! How do you know about those then?
I think the Dell 30 inch is still relatively higher PPI though right?
ebuc
Jul 21, 05:27 PM
Intel has already started shipping Merom. According to Intel retail products should be arriving at the end of July.
Has any laptop manufacturer announced a specific ship date for laptops with Merom? What was the turnaround time for the original MacBook Pros from the time Intel announced they were shipping the processors to the time Apple announced they were shipping the laptops?
Has any laptop manufacturer announced a specific ship date for laptops with Merom? What was the turnaround time for the original MacBook Pros from the time Intel announced they were shipping the processors to the time Apple announced they were shipping the laptops?
VirtualRain
Apr 28, 07:07 PM
If not this year then soon I predict Apple will revamp the MP to be a module system tied together using TB. Of course, I hope they'll wait until the 100GB TB spec is ratified and in use, otherwise it will be a step backwards. But overall I think it could be a serious improvement for the MP. You buy the "brain" you want (mini ala i3/i5, a middle brain with Desktop i5/i7, and a "pro" brain with 1 or 2 Xeons. The brain would be CPU, RAM, USB, and TB (and perhaps wireless and ethernet). You can buy storage containers and video containers as you need.
This system would be easily and quickly standardized (commoditized) giving continuing Apple's tight fist of control but letting them spin off the lowest margined, fasting changing areas of video processors and storage.
I personally think it will work a bit like RED's cameras ushering a new era of embedded and server room technology. You could have a fanless I/O station and/or monitor sitting on your desk with all the fans and heavy lifting equipment isolated somewhere else.
I agree this is is a good idea, but I highly doubt Apple will be the company to do this. Apple likes to decide what you need and tightly integrate it into a complete package. Modularity is not their thing.
What has me wondering, is how Apple might support the 14 SATA devices that the X79 chipset will natively provide. Presumably, they will determine that their average customer only needs X SATA ports, and the rest will be left unexposed. With TB support, this may not be that big of an issue for those that really need or want 10-12 drives.
This system would be easily and quickly standardized (commoditized) giving continuing Apple's tight fist of control but letting them spin off the lowest margined, fasting changing areas of video processors and storage.
I personally think it will work a bit like RED's cameras ushering a new era of embedded and server room technology. You could have a fanless I/O station and/or monitor sitting on your desk with all the fans and heavy lifting equipment isolated somewhere else.
I agree this is is a good idea, but I highly doubt Apple will be the company to do this. Apple likes to decide what you need and tightly integrate it into a complete package. Modularity is not their thing.
What has me wondering, is how Apple might support the 14 SATA devices that the X79 chipset will natively provide. Presumably, they will determine that their average customer only needs X SATA ports, and the rest will be left unexposed. With TB support, this may not be that big of an issue for those that really need or want 10-12 drives.
Schizoid
Mar 31, 08:51 AM
By separating Server from Lion client, I believe Apple will now pursue the Microsoft line of OS marketing...
We'll have Lion Home Premium (no Server) plus Lion Professional (with Server) and also you can buy Lion Ultimate (32 or 64 bit with or without Server and a new disk encryption facility)
Users of Snow Leopard will be able to upgrade to Lion Home Premium and/or Lion Profession without moving data, unless the data needs to be encrypted by copying to a Lion Ultimate (32 bit only edition) via the 64 bit Lion Home Premium or Professional without passwords and/or data...
Microsoft - Making things Simple�
We'll have Lion Home Premium (no Server) plus Lion Professional (with Server) and also you can buy Lion Ultimate (32 or 64 bit with or without Server and a new disk encryption facility)
Users of Snow Leopard will be able to upgrade to Lion Home Premium and/or Lion Profession without moving data, unless the data needs to be encrypted by copying to a Lion Ultimate (32 bit only edition) via the 64 bit Lion Home Premium or Professional without passwords and/or data...
Microsoft - Making things Simple�
celo48
Apr 6, 05:36 PM
They should call it Boom instead. It exploded and it is done.
amols
Aug 4, 12:32 PM
A chip update has NOTHING to do with any outstanding issues, sorry...Apple is fully capable of fixing those (if any) with a better design AND a better chip.
Genetheninja
Apr 26, 04:25 PM
One interesting thing to note. Apple held 25% of recent acquirers with 2 phone models. The iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. They are also on only 2 carriers, and have only been with Verizon for part of the time leading up to the march survey. Android however is on dozens of handsets and all four US carriers. I would say apple is doing amazingly well when you consider those specifics.
I am not worried about iOS not having a larger chunk of the market, I am blown away that it has 25%.
Took the words right out of my mouth!!!:)
I am not worried about iOS not having a larger chunk of the market, I am blown away that it has 25%.
Took the words right out of my mouth!!!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment