McGiord
Apr 10, 06:29 PM
Your assumption is that the multiplication of 2*(12) takes precedence over the 48/2. This is incorrect for the many reasons stated in the thread.
It can't without the extra parentheses.
B
Didn't all your methods, whatever they are called, give a priority to do the parenthesis operation first?
It is not my assumption, it is the method/explanation given by others.
My initial answer is and will always be 2.
My Mac can't be wrong.
Mac OS X can't be wrong.
Not here.
A Mac in MacRumors can't fail.:eek:
It can't without the extra parentheses.
B
Didn't all your methods, whatever they are called, give a priority to do the parenthesis operation first?
It is not my assumption, it is the method/explanation given by others.
My initial answer is and will always be 2.
My Mac can't be wrong.
Mac OS X can't be wrong.
Not here.
A Mac in MacRumors can't fail.:eek:
karolynaz
Mar 31, 08:18 AM
Really? In what sick and twisted world are you living? What's so very different in Lion that it's "not true desktop OS"? Launchpad the end of all?
He speaks about inverted scrolling.
P.S. Lietuvos Rytas is better :P
He speaks about inverted scrolling.
P.S. Lietuvos Rytas is better :P
srathi
Apr 26, 02:14 PM
Some will be bothered about IOS not being the most dominant. I personally don't care, I just want the best mobile OS.
Did you mean Android? :p
Did you mean Android? :p
-aggie-
May 4, 03:54 PM
I'd say go ahead, but I'm somewhat confused in what the villain can do. He gets to see our moves, so he can just put a trap anywhere?
I'm against splitting until we level up.
I'm against splitting until we level up.
EagerDragon
Nov 27, 12:14 PM
Interesting I guess. But is there really a home/consumer market for this? I could see it working for artists and other professionals of that nature, but I know more than a few people that own PC tablets that hardly ever use them as such.
Excluding the pro and business market is what puzzles me. I can see photographers, artists and others taking advantage of a light pen to draw, anotate, and edit photos. I can see all sorts of people bringing them into meetings to write notes and do presentations connected to a projector. I do not see it being that useful in the home market (other than as a standard computer), but what the heck do I know.
If it provids full laptop functionality (-minus keyboard) and a light pen with solid hand writting recognition, I would certainly consider purchasing. But don't skimp on power, needs those 2GH Core2 duo's) and a decent 3d video card. Great on the airplane also.
Most home authomation if I remeber correctly is based on X10 or something like that. If it is different than X10, then they would need to also sell little devices that connects to lights and other electical devices so they can be remotely controlled.
I just want it as a hacking device...... Full power.
Excluding the pro and business market is what puzzles me. I can see photographers, artists and others taking advantage of a light pen to draw, anotate, and edit photos. I can see all sorts of people bringing them into meetings to write notes and do presentations connected to a projector. I do not see it being that useful in the home market (other than as a standard computer), but what the heck do I know.
If it provids full laptop functionality (-minus keyboard) and a light pen with solid hand writting recognition, I would certainly consider purchasing. But don't skimp on power, needs those 2GH Core2 duo's) and a decent 3d video card. Great on the airplane also.
Most home authomation if I remeber correctly is based on X10 or something like that. If it is different than X10, then they would need to also sell little devices that connects to lights and other electical devices so they can be remotely controlled.
I just want it as a hacking device...... Full power.
Multimedia
Sep 16, 07:36 PM
Just wanted to add, for everyone reading a lot into shipping dates etc., I ordered mine on Sep 11 and got the notice of delays, then notice it was shpped out today (was planning on cancelling after this news).
Now, it will probably be around the 25th before I get, and I won't open it, but considering I have upgrades (so customization = no return) how hard do you guys think it would be for me to exchange it for an updated one?You're going to have to be aggressive about returning it. If I were you I would try to refuse accepting delivery and call your credit card company and tell them you don't want it so they will force Apple to accept your refusal to receive it.
Now, it will probably be around the 25th before I get, and I won't open it, but considering I have upgrades (so customization = no return) how hard do you guys think it would be for me to exchange it for an updated one?You're going to have to be aggressive about returning it. If I were you I would try to refuse accepting delivery and call your credit card company and tell them you don't want it so they will force Apple to accept your refusal to receive it.
sockdoggy
Apr 8, 05:58 PM
Lg and Samsung both are completing multi billion $ plants mid 2011 for OLED panels that next gen iPhones and iPad's will use - Apple has already ordered over $7 billion $ of production to run on these lines.
Yeah- It seems as though Apple has secured the parts they need for production. Plain and simple.
On the other hand, it seems as though RIM announced a product that they hadn't secured any means of production for. Just plain stupid.
The CEO of RIM needs a good talking to by investors. Although I suppose that's already reflected in the share price.
Yeah- It seems as though Apple has secured the parts they need for production. Plain and simple.
On the other hand, it seems as though RIM announced a product that they hadn't secured any means of production for. Just plain stupid.
The CEO of RIM needs a good talking to by investors. Although I suppose that's already reflected in the share price.
hulugu
Apr 18, 02:50 AM
Hello all, I just wanted to make another point about capital gains. Capital gains are applied to the "profits" from sale of something you bought. As I mentioned earlier about inflation, the government could choose to create money rather than impose an income tax. Everyone would keep the money the government would have taken, but that money simply won't go as far because the difference in purchasing power will appear in inflation. So, what does this have to do with capital gains? Well, if I buy a gold coin for $1000 and then sell it for $1500 a couple years later, I would be subject to a capital gains tax. But I didn't really gain anything. As gold critics often say, gold just sits there and doesn't produce anything. What has changed is the value of the dollar, which has fallen because the government has diluted the money supply. This is the reason the stock market is going up, not because the economy is improving.
If you bought an apple on Monday (your cost basis) and, before you bite into it on Wednesday (the point at which you realize gain), the price of apples go up, should you have to pay a tax on the difference?
This tells us that capital gains might be flawed, but it still a way to account for a kind of income. I do freelance work and thus I get paid sometimes months after the initial work. I don't get to charge more if the dollar has fallen, or less if the dollar has gained. Why should my investments be accounted for differently than my freelance work?
If you bought an apple on Monday (your cost basis) and, before you bite into it on Wednesday (the point at which you realize gain), the price of apples go up, should you have to pay a tax on the difference?
This tells us that capital gains might be flawed, but it still a way to account for a kind of income. I do freelance work and thus I get paid sometimes months after the initial work. I don't get to charge more if the dollar has fallen, or less if the dollar has gained. Why should my investments be accounted for differently than my freelance work?

Chip NoVaMac
Nov 26, 08:08 PM
I don't think it would appeal to that many people, to have an Apple MP3 player. I mean, the existing ones aren't great sellers.
See the problem here? The reason the iPod took off was because it wasn't like the existing MP3 players.
Take a look at a group of current products:
1. The UMPC. Seems like a good idea, but not successful so far. Why not? Here's Gartner:[quote]
This and your other comments are spot on.
The perfect device will never be found IMHO.
For work I am looking at the likes of the Cingular 8125. A better keyboard than my Treo 650, and 802.11b support. Add to that basic support for MS Office apps.
For travel I see the Sony UMPC being OK. It could replace my Epson P-2000 perhaps for photo storage on trips. The shame is that cell phone companies have not let us to share a common phone number between devices - with out us being required to use call forwarding.
I for one would love the ability to pick the device that makes sense at the time for cell phone use. At work, something like the 8125. When out and about sight seeing and shopping, some like the Razor. When traveling a small tablet PC.
[QUOTE=Marx55;3092385]THIS COULD BE A KILLER GADGET FOR PRESENTATIONS.
http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/communications/mobile_phone/evidence_mounts_for_january_iphone
http://www.t3.co.uk/nested_content/gallery_assetlisting_navigation?root=633162&result_page=1
http://www.t3.co.uk/nested_content/gallery_assetlisting_navigation?root=633162&result_page=2
http://www.t3.co.uk/nested_content/gallery_assetlisting_navigation?root=633162&result_page=3
But the Tablet could be a good start point, before shrinking it to an iPod Video/iPhone Video form factor. Or could we have both? Hopefully.
The only thing that would make the T1 renderings a "killer app" for me is a slide out keyboard.
THIS COULD BE A KILLER GADGET FOR PRESENTATIONS.
http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/communications/mobile_phone/evidence_mounts_for_january_iphone
http://www.t3.co.uk/nested_content/gallery_assetlisting_navigation?root=633162&result_page=1
http://www.t3.co.uk/nested_content/gallery_assetlisting_navigation?root=633162&result_page=2
http://www.t3.co.uk/nested_content/gallery_assetlisting_navigation?root=633162&result_page=3
But the Tablet could be a good start point, before shrinking it to an iPod Video/iPhone Video form factor. Or could we have both? Hopefully.
The PSP is the closest I have seen to the right device. Again add a slide out keyboard and I might buy.
See the problem here? The reason the iPod took off was because it wasn't like the existing MP3 players.
Take a look at a group of current products:
1. The UMPC. Seems like a good idea, but not successful so far. Why not? Here's Gartner:[quote]
This and your other comments are spot on.
The perfect device will never be found IMHO.
For work I am looking at the likes of the Cingular 8125. A better keyboard than my Treo 650, and 802.11b support. Add to that basic support for MS Office apps.
For travel I see the Sony UMPC being OK. It could replace my Epson P-2000 perhaps for photo storage on trips. The shame is that cell phone companies have not let us to share a common phone number between devices - with out us being required to use call forwarding.
I for one would love the ability to pick the device that makes sense at the time for cell phone use. At work, something like the 8125. When out and about sight seeing and shopping, some like the Razor. When traveling a small tablet PC.
[QUOTE=Marx55;3092385]THIS COULD BE A KILLER GADGET FOR PRESENTATIONS.
http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/communications/mobile_phone/evidence_mounts_for_january_iphone
http://www.t3.co.uk/nested_content/gallery_assetlisting_navigation?root=633162&result_page=1
http://www.t3.co.uk/nested_content/gallery_assetlisting_navigation?root=633162&result_page=2
http://www.t3.co.uk/nested_content/gallery_assetlisting_navigation?root=633162&result_page=3
But the Tablet could be a good start point, before shrinking it to an iPod Video/iPhone Video form factor. Or could we have both? Hopefully.
The only thing that would make the T1 renderings a "killer app" for me is a slide out keyboard.
THIS COULD BE A KILLER GADGET FOR PRESENTATIONS.
http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/communications/mobile_phone/evidence_mounts_for_january_iphone
http://www.t3.co.uk/nested_content/gallery_assetlisting_navigation?root=633162&result_page=1
http://www.t3.co.uk/nested_content/gallery_assetlisting_navigation?root=633162&result_page=2
http://www.t3.co.uk/nested_content/gallery_assetlisting_navigation?root=633162&result_page=3
But the Tablet could be a good start point, before shrinking it to an iPod Video/iPhone Video form factor. Or could we have both? Hopefully.
The PSP is the closest I have seen to the right device. Again add a slide out keyboard and I might buy.
Akme
Mar 30, 08:10 PM
Still downloading (10 more hours to go)...
Those who experienced non-quitting iCal in DP1, can you quit it in DP2?
Also, can the Launchpad icon be dragged out of the dock?
Please, say 'yes' to the above 2 questions. :o
Yes to both!
Those who experienced non-quitting iCal in DP1, can you quit it in DP2?
Also, can the Launchpad icon be dragged out of the dock?
Please, say 'yes' to the above 2 questions. :o
Yes to both!
daneoni
Mar 30, 08:57 PM
Can't say I've been excited by new OSes since Panther/Tiger. Yay it's more iOS-like and we get an app store.
*yawn*
*yawn*
dornoforpyros
Sep 15, 07:50 PM
damn I hope this is true, I'm getting tired of sounding like a broken record but "if the C2D MBP isn't released this time I'm just buying the current model"
I'm not even sure if I believe myself anymore :rolleyes:
I'm not even sure if I believe myself anymore :rolleyes:
fivetoadsloth
Apr 10, 02:38 AM
Oh really? Wow I didn't know that... Sarcasm.
I'm talking about on a calculator. Enter it EXACTLY how it was in the OP and you'll get 288.
Again, I'd like to warn people: this is not always true. Even if you enter it exactly as above, your calculator will not always give you 288. Some will give you two. Some settings may give you two. Don't trust a calculator blindly.
I'm talking about on a calculator. Enter it EXACTLY how it was in the OP and you'll get 288.
Again, I'd like to warn people: this is not always true. Even if you enter it exactly as above, your calculator will not always give you 288. Some will give you two. Some settings may give you two. Don't trust a calculator blindly.
fivetoadsloth
Apr 10, 02:38 AM
Oh really? Wow I didn't know that... Sarcasm.
I'm talking about on a calculator. Enter it EXACTLY how it was in the OP and you'll get 288.
Again, I'd like to warn people: this is not always true. Even if you enter it exactly as above, your calculator will not always give you 288. Some will give you two. Some settings may give you two. Don't trust a calculator blindly.
I'm talking about on a calculator. Enter it EXACTLY how it was in the OP and you'll get 288.
Again, I'd like to warn people: this is not always true. Even if you enter it exactly as above, your calculator will not always give you 288. Some will give you two. Some settings may give you two. Don't trust a calculator blindly.
GGJstudios
Dec 14, 09:51 AM
Speak for yourself mate. It's easy enough to say that, but what happens if I go to a small client's site, and they're not on the case: I end up with a virus nestled on my hard disk. Then I end up going to a data centre, plugging in and... OOPS! The virus gets into the DC. I would be liable. I am insured, but it's easier to prevent than deal with the fallout. Additionally, as a security consultant, it might not look to competant, if you follow :)
If you're a security consultant, why are you not checking to make sure any network you receive files from is virus-protected? You're not going to get a Windows virus on your Mac simply by connecting to their network. You have to actually transfer an infected file onto your Mac.
One of the first things I tell my Windows clients is they need antivirus protection. I install and configure it for them, and run the first scan myself, to make sure their systems are clean. I do that before I ever receive files on my Mac from them. If you're not doing the same, why are you calling yourself a security consultant?
If you're a security consultant, why are you not checking to make sure any network you receive files from is virus-protected? You're not going to get a Windows virus on your Mac simply by connecting to their network. You have to actually transfer an infected file onto your Mac.
One of the first things I tell my Windows clients is they need antivirus protection. I install and configure it for them, and run the first scan myself, to make sure their systems are clean. I do that before I ever receive files on my Mac from them. If you're not doing the same, why are you calling yourself a security consultant?
Eldiablojoe
May 3, 10:06 PM
I'm okay following DP for the moment. I'm not so sure that the sequence is as pivotal as portrayed. I think it would be an obvious place, the first starting room, to place vital objects, so exploring is a must. I'm not sure I agree that the "Move, Explore" sequence is more advantageous than the "Explore, Move" sequence. Keeping in mind that we get attacked the moment we move into a room, so we would want to explore it after a monster is vanquished.
Now that she's mi esposa, maybe I can get Beatrice to finally make me a sandwich.
PS-- The BLOWjoe joke is not really as funny as you think it is. It's easier to refer to me as either Dante or EDJ.
Now that she's mi esposa, maybe I can get Beatrice to finally make me a sandwich.
PS-- The BLOWjoe joke is not really as funny as you think it is. It's easier to refer to me as either Dante or EDJ.
nevermind50
Apr 5, 02:41 PM
I think some of the posts on this thread are MASSIVELY over the top. All that's happened is that Apple asked Toyota to pull an Ad from Cydia, Toyota, of their own free will did so. WHO CARES!
SMM
Nov 27, 10:29 PM
......
You don't like it - don't buy one. Accept that there are others who would benefit tremendously from such a product, even if it is a small market segment.
While your needs are not the same as mine, we both seem to find this an important technology to work with. I do believe there is a BIG market out there, no one has really been able to capture it. Maybe it is just a timing thing?
You don't like it - don't buy one. Accept that there are others who would benefit tremendously from such a product, even if it is a small market segment.
While your needs are not the same as mine, we both seem to find this an important technology to work with. I do believe there is a BIG market out there, no one has really been able to capture it. Maybe it is just a timing thing?
Jape
Dec 21, 11:16 AM
Well looks Like it didn't come again :(
Just confirmed it with BLT, there hasn't been a shipment come in.
Just confirmed it with BLT, there hasn't been a shipment come in.
Daveoc64
May 4, 03:11 PM
If I want, I can install Mac OS X SL or Leopard on a 1000 machines using the same CD. :)
Not legally.
Not legally.
grahamperrin
Nov 17, 04:04 PM
sounds more like a internet security and windows virus detector then a mac AV.
ESET Cybersecurity for Mac
http://www.eset.com/home/cybersecurity-for-mac
�*unless I'm missing something, no on-access scanning
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Mac OS X FAQ
http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2504
mentions ESET Cybersecurity (Home Edition) for Mac OS X
I'm not looking at the ESET stuff in detail but at a glance, the product range is confusing.
ESET Cybersecurity for Mac
http://www.eset.com/home/cybersecurity-for-mac
�*unless I'm missing something, no on-access scanning
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Mac OS X FAQ
http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2504
mentions ESET Cybersecurity (Home Edition) for Mac OS X
I'm not looking at the ESET stuff in detail but at a glance, the product range is confusing.
fivetoadsloth
Apr 10, 07:25 PM
Mathematica 8. As far as I am concerned the most powerful math software available. People don't shell out thousands of dollars for a product that can't do basic math.
288.
288.
Sedrick
Mar 27, 07:00 AM
cloud-based hosting for music, videos, and photos
Great, now I can pay data charges to access all my stuff. **** that.
Great, now I can pay data charges to access all my stuff. **** that.
Starbuckfsd
Apr 25, 08:23 AM
Image (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/23/apple-including-ultra-high-resolution-artwork-in-lion-for-possible-retina-displays/)
Image (http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/23/171415-background.jpg)
A finding earlier this month (http://osxdaily.com/2011/04/02/new-mt-fuji-wallpaper-in-mac-os-x-lion-developer-preview-2/) by OSXDaily has generated some speculation about Apple's plans for "Retina" display Macs. The Mac OS X Lion Developer Preview 2 released in late March (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/03/30/apple-releases-mac-os-x-lion-developer-preview-2/) included an ultra-high resolution version of the background desktop image at a resolution of 3200x2000. A few observers noted (http://punchingin.com/chasing-the-6-4-megapixel-unicorn/) that this is higher than any Apple display has ever supported, generating speculation (http://theelaborated.net/blog/2011/4/13/consider-the-retina-display.html) that Apple is preparing for "Retina" display Macs in the near future.
We had previously reported (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/02/24/mac-os-x-lion-building-in-support-for-super-high-resolution-retina-monitors/) that Mac OS X Lion has made some under-the-hood changes opening the door to such super-high resolution displays. Now, MacMagazine.com.br has found (http://macmagazine.com.br/2011/04/23/macs-com-telas-retina-nao-sao-duvida-quando-eles-chegarao-sim-ainda-e-uma-incognita/) that Apple is already starting to include other super high resolution artwork in Lion. They found several icons stored as 1024x1024 sizes, up from a previous maximum of 512x512.
Image (http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/23/171147-23-lion_appstore.png)
Click for full-size
Of course, this support for super high resolution displays is only the first step, but suggests Apple is planning ahead when the hardware becomes available.
Article Link: Apple Including Ultra High Resolution Artwork in Lion for Possible Retina Displays? (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/23/apple-including-ultra-high-resolution-artwork-in-lion-for-possible-retina-displays/)
Oh please. Give me a break! Do you nitwits HONESTLY think there will be retina display Macs in the near future? It's total BS. If they did, the cost of said Macs would be prohibitive to the general public. Why do you think there aren't retina display iPads? IT'S TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE! C'mon guys...you're beginning to sound like CNET
Image (http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/23/171415-background.jpg)
A finding earlier this month (http://osxdaily.com/2011/04/02/new-mt-fuji-wallpaper-in-mac-os-x-lion-developer-preview-2/) by OSXDaily has generated some speculation about Apple's plans for "Retina" display Macs. The Mac OS X Lion Developer Preview 2 released in late March (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/03/30/apple-releases-mac-os-x-lion-developer-preview-2/) included an ultra-high resolution version of the background desktop image at a resolution of 3200x2000. A few observers noted (http://punchingin.com/chasing-the-6-4-megapixel-unicorn/) that this is higher than any Apple display has ever supported, generating speculation (http://theelaborated.net/blog/2011/4/13/consider-the-retina-display.html) that Apple is preparing for "Retina" display Macs in the near future.
We had previously reported (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/02/24/mac-os-x-lion-building-in-support-for-super-high-resolution-retina-monitors/) that Mac OS X Lion has made some under-the-hood changes opening the door to such super-high resolution displays. Now, MacMagazine.com.br has found (http://macmagazine.com.br/2011/04/23/macs-com-telas-retina-nao-sao-duvida-quando-eles-chegarao-sim-ainda-e-uma-incognita/) that Apple is already starting to include other super high resolution artwork in Lion. They found several icons stored as 1024x1024 sizes, up from a previous maximum of 512x512.
Image (http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/23/171147-23-lion_appstore.png)
Click for full-size
Of course, this support for super high resolution displays is only the first step, but suggests Apple is planning ahead when the hardware becomes available.
Article Link: Apple Including Ultra High Resolution Artwork in Lion for Possible Retina Displays? (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/23/apple-including-ultra-high-resolution-artwork-in-lion-for-possible-retina-displays/)
Oh please. Give me a break! Do you nitwits HONESTLY think there will be retina display Macs in the near future? It's total BS. If they did, the cost of said Macs would be prohibitive to the general public. Why do you think there aren't retina display iPads? IT'S TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE! C'mon guys...you're beginning to sound like CNET
No comments:
Post a Comment