
wordmunger
Nov 28, 06:42 PM
They already get 79 cents out of every 99-cent song sold, and they don't have to pay a penny to produce or distribute the music, as they would with CDs. Apple has given them a more efficient way to distribute music, and they come begging for a share of iPod profits. Ridiculous.

Durendal
Apr 5, 07:16 PM
YES!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyqUj3PGHv4)
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhKxN8l8JnbhIpTVbz3ns2aY8goYVUJQIBtF9_tUidMKudAWx6jQcqLhz95mpbB-KVGLTn7T4VMv2kzZ2NV_6WxXlNDIzI53PvbqMMtzPge0uzUZkESkfWgMK8zJaRiNSV2vmJEOHhPt-is/s400/wtf.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhKxN8l8JnbhIpTVbz3ns2aY8goYVUJQIBtF9_tUidMKudAWx6jQcqLhz95mpbB-KVGLTn7T4VMv2kzZ2NV_6WxXlNDIzI53PvbqMMtzPge0uzUZkESkfWgMK8zJaRiNSV2vmJEOHhPt-is/s400/wtf.jpg
portishead
Apr 12, 12:32 PM
I forgot the most obvious thing that has been missing since FCP has existed. When outputting to tape, we shouldn't have to drag a sequence over to "Assemble". We should be able to hit the Assemble button for the current sequence open.
Also, I hate how the Preview takes up the whole screen. I much prefer the Avid way where you can see your sequence and playhead move live. It would be awesome if FCP allowed you to zoom in/out during edit to tape so you could check your work as you output.
Also, I hate how the Preview takes up the whole screen. I much prefer the Avid way where you can see your sequence and playhead move live. It would be awesome if FCP allowed you to zoom in/out during edit to tape so you could check your work as you output.

Michael383
Apr 8, 04:11 AM
Many Best Buys with Apple Shoppes have Apple representatives who work right at the store, I doubt they would let this happen at their store. I wonder how many Best Buys have done this
The Best Buy I bought my MBP at was in an Apple Shop and had a great representitive in it. Dan was great and could not have been more helpful. I hope the first time I visit a Apple store I have a similar experience.
The Best Buy I bought my MBP at was in an Apple Shop and had a great representitive in it. Dan was great and could not have been more helpful. I hope the first time I visit a Apple store I have a similar experience.
Eduardo1971
Apr 6, 01:43 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
Does this mean I should cancel my order on the 11" Mac Book Air 1.4GZ, I got it with 4GB ram and it's a refurb so I saved some cash. Should I wait until June.
Thanks in advance for your advise!!
Some at MR asking for hearfelt advice?
My advice: sure; why not wait.
:D
Does this mean I should cancel my order on the 11" Mac Book Air 1.4GZ, I got it with 4GB ram and it's a refurb so I saved some cash. Should I wait until June.
Thanks in advance for your advise!!
Some at MR asking for hearfelt advice?
My advice: sure; why not wait.
:D

Mr. Retrofire
Apr 6, 07:08 PM
The GPU performance decrease is much more severe that you let on...
...VDA (Video Decode Acceleration) framework support : Intel 3000HD isn't supported, forget hardware accelerated decoding of Flash content in H.264.
Apple does not install Flash Player on newer machines, so this is not a problem.
Try youtube.com/html5 (http://www.youtube.com/html5) or ClickToFlash (http://rentzsch.github.com/clicktoflash/) or other HTML5-Safari extensions (http://www.macupdate.com/find/mac/html5%20extension)!
OpenCL. Big selling point for Snow Leopard, absent from most of their hardware line-up now.
You obviously know nothing about OpenCL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCL). OpenCL is not hardware dependent. OpenCL programs can run even on old 300 MHz PowerPC processors, if someone writes a OpenCL-compiler for this platform.
...VDA (Video Decode Acceleration) framework support : Intel 3000HD isn't supported, forget hardware accelerated decoding of Flash content in H.264.
Apple does not install Flash Player on newer machines, so this is not a problem.
Try youtube.com/html5 (http://www.youtube.com/html5) or ClickToFlash (http://rentzsch.github.com/clicktoflash/) or other HTML5-Safari extensions (http://www.macupdate.com/find/mac/html5%20extension)!
OpenCL. Big selling point for Snow Leopard, absent from most of their hardware line-up now.
You obviously know nothing about OpenCL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCL). OpenCL is not hardware dependent. OpenCL programs can run even on old 300 MHz PowerPC processors, if someone writes a OpenCL-compiler for this platform.

moochermaulucci
Apr 6, 04:58 PM
I'm an Apple mobile device user, and I have never ever been on an Android-centric forum. Not one time! Why would I care what people who have such an obvious difference in taste think about what I have?
It never ceases to amaze me at how many Android users have to flock to a site called "MacRumors" because they feel then need to lead us poor blinded Apple "fanboys" to the bright shining city on a hill that is Android paradise.
At least go have your Android orgy, where it may be appreciated by others who care to watch that type of thing...wait...there are such things as Android forums, right?
It never ceases to amaze me at how many Android users have to flock to a site called "MacRumors" because they feel then need to lead us poor blinded Apple "fanboys" to the bright shining city on a hill that is Android paradise.
At least go have your Android orgy, where it may be appreciated by others who care to watch that type of thing...wait...there are such things as Android forums, right?
Glideslope
Apr 25, 03:53 PM
Except it doesn't use GPS data. It uses cell towers and wifi.
Ouch!!!!! :apple:
Ouch!!!!! :apple:
Silentwave
Jul 14, 11:06 PM
get perpendicular (http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/research/recording_head/pr/PerpendicularAnimation.html)
AARGH MY EARS!
Whoever came up with that abomination should be SHOT! UGH! they could have put together a nice little slideshow or whatever...but no, they had to make some stupid video with a horrible song i'll NEVER be able to get out of my head!
AARGH MY EARS!
Whoever came up with that abomination should be SHOT! UGH! they could have put together a nice little slideshow or whatever...but no, they had to make some stupid video with a horrible song i'll NEVER be able to get out of my head!
mac1984user
Apr 27, 08:33 AM
Apple's solution is fine by me. They wouldn't have done anything if there wasn't so much press about it, but I guess that's a good reason (one of the only ones) for the press to exist. Still, they all managed to get it a bit wrong, though. I noticed (like so many others out there), that the map wasn't recording my EXACT location, but just cell towers and wifi spots I may have accessed. The info didn't really bother me. It wasn't like it had me pegged at my local pub - or did it?!?! =)

840quadra
Apr 25, 03:42 PM
See, I have a very different opinion.
Apple has an image of things just working. Apple actively promotes this image. The image is includes the idea that people don't have to worry about the details, like security of their devices. Even for backups, Apple makes it so all you need to have full backups is plug in an $50 usb drive.
That said, looking at the iPhone the way it is intended to be used, it's an accessory of your computer. A mobile remote with limited access to the "main" computer. If we except that view point, then;

Labels: Cristiano Ronaldo

Download This Wallpaper

Team: Real Madrid

cristiano ronaldo real madrid

cristiano ronaldo real madrid

wallpaper+real+madrid+2009

Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid

cristiano ronaldo wallpaper
Apple has an image of things just working. Apple actively promotes this image. The image is includes the idea that people don't have to worry about the details, like security of their devices. Even for backups, Apple makes it so all you need to have full backups is plug in an $50 usb drive.
That said, looking at the iPhone the way it is intended to be used, it's an accessory of your computer. A mobile remote with limited access to the "main" computer. If we except that view point, then;

winterspan
Apr 11, 05:27 PM
80%* of potential purchasers won't have access to LTE for at least another year from then. ...
[*made up statistic, but I bet it's not far wrong! :D ]
Verizon's 4G/LTE service will be live in ~140 metro areas by Q42011
[*made up statistic, but I bet it's not far wrong! :D ]
Verizon's 4G/LTE service will be live in ~140 metro areas by Q42011
mattpol
Nov 28, 10:04 PM
Where are the recording studios in this future? Nowhere. Artists might still need them for promotions, music videos etc... but that is all bells and whistles. You don't even need the studios for a good music video, just look at how famous this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=okZwbxi7p0A) video has become, its even on MTV. It all comes down to the music, and if its good, people will buy it. Artists provide the content, iTMS the distribution. Record labels' presence will be greatly diminished. They are scared to death.
Great argument, except that OK Go are signed to a major label, Capitol Records, only one of the most histroically great labels!! Please see: The Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Nat King Cole, etc.)! :rolleyes: YouTube doesn't sell music; just look at OK Go's numbers, they are mediocre at best. One hugely popular viral video is not going to move that many CDs.
Also, as an aside, they are not "recording studios," they are "recording labels," or more commonly, "record labels."
Great argument, except that OK Go are signed to a major label, Capitol Records, only one of the most histroically great labels!! Please see: The Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Nat King Cole, etc.)! :rolleyes: YouTube doesn't sell music; just look at OK Go's numbers, they are mediocre at best. One hugely popular viral video is not going to move that many CDs.
Also, as an aside, they are not "recording studios," they are "recording labels," or more commonly, "record labels."
Mattie Num Nums
Apr 19, 02:46 PM
Are you talking about the Newton, troll?
http://www.thocp.net/hardware/pictures/pda/apple_newton_sml.jpg
I had a Casio Personal Diary in the late 80's that had the exact same grid.
Im not a troll either without Apple I wouldn't have a job.
http://www.thocp.net/hardware/pictures/pda/apple_newton_sml.jpg
I had a Casio Personal Diary in the late 80's that had the exact same grid.
Im not a troll either without Apple I wouldn't have a job.
Joe2000
Aug 6, 06:08 AM
What about TV Show downloads in the UK? Pleeeeaaaase!!! :rolleyes:
Looking foward to these Mac Pros though, my Dad is definatley going to buy one. :D
Thanks, Joe.
Looking foward to these Mac Pros though, my Dad is definatley going to buy one. :D
Thanks, Joe.

NJRonbo
Jun 14, 03:59 PM
Okay here's the deal....
None of the Radio Shack stores in our area
know anything yet because there is a conference
call within the hour.
Let me explain...
Called another RS store in the area. Was told
that they don't know anything about iPhone preorders
tomorrow simply because they are all due for a
conference call within the hour from corporate to
discuss what the procedure will be.
So, perhaps you store already got the news.
I will say this. The woman at the second RS
store took down my phone number and said she
would personally call me later today to give me
all the details.
None of the Radio Shack stores in our area
know anything yet because there is a conference
call within the hour.
Let me explain...
Called another RS store in the area. Was told
that they don't know anything about iPhone preorders
tomorrow simply because they are all due for a
conference call within the hour from corporate to
discuss what the procedure will be.
So, perhaps you store already got the news.
I will say this. The woman at the second RS
store took down my phone number and said she
would personally call me later today to give me
all the details.

InuNacho
Mar 27, 12:34 AM
The dev is dead, too old to program anymore, or has long ago moved on to other companies and hobbies, etc. Maybe the source code depends on the PowerPlant framework, or is on a floppy disk that the dog chewed up. But thousands of Mac users still like using the old application a lot better than any of the new cr*plets.
Maybe you'll volunteer to rewrite a new app as good or better, in every regard, for free?
I'd love it if the people who say "PPC needs to die" and "PPC: the end is nigh" would rewrite every PPC application I use. They'd prove their point and I'd get a nifty application that hasn't been updated in 5-6 years.
Maybe you'll volunteer to rewrite a new app as good or better, in every regard, for free?
I'd love it if the people who say "PPC needs to die" and "PPC: the end is nigh" would rewrite every PPC application I use. They'd prove their point and I'd get a nifty application that hasn't been updated in 5-6 years.

barkomatic
Mar 31, 03:38 PM
Keep in mind that Google tightening up Android and forcing handset makers to adhere to certain guidelines is primarily a problem for the *handset makers* and carriers--but not consumers.
I couldn't care less what problems Verizon and Motorola have if the end result is a beautiful and functional device. If not, I'll buy something else.
I couldn't care less what problems Verizon and Motorola have if the end result is a beautiful and functional device. If not, I'll buy something else.

Gatesbasher
Mar 31, 03:34 PM
Oh, Lordy! The Fandroids were always delusional, but reading some of these comments�this seems to have pushed them over the line into some sort of clinical psychosis.
iMikeT
Sep 13, 07:55 AM
I'll just wait for the 16 core model.:p
princealfie
Nov 29, 09:16 AM
They aren't. The entire music business revenues are down 40% since 2001. Sales are down hugely. I can tell you from representing these artists that all the money is down too.
Are you spending as much on music as you did years ago?
Of course not. Most of the music sucks to be honest nowadays. I prefer the underground stuff from emusic, not big label stuff.
For example, Jay-Z's new album sucks compared to Reasonable Doubt.
The same with Nas nowadays compared to Illmatic.
The same with Mobb Deep.
etc. etc.
Get the picture? Artists who are hungry in the beginning put out a good album. Then they fall off the earth.
It's only the music industry that is losing quality. The only album this year that's from a major label that's any good this year is DJ Primo's production on Christina Aguilera's album and that's it period.
Sad, isn't it?
Are you spending as much on music as you did years ago?
Of course not. Most of the music sucks to be honest nowadays. I prefer the underground stuff from emusic, not big label stuff.
For example, Jay-Z's new album sucks compared to Reasonable Doubt.
The same with Nas nowadays compared to Illmatic.
The same with Mobb Deep.
etc. etc.
Get the picture? Artists who are hungry in the beginning put out a good album. Then they fall off the earth.
It's only the music industry that is losing quality. The only album this year that's from a major label that's any good this year is DJ Primo's production on Christina Aguilera's album and that's it period.
Sad, isn't it?
rezenclowd3
Dec 8, 12:02 PM
I have close to 20 premium cars (level 17) and i've not noticed much in the way of damage. I do generally drive very safely though.
Damage IMO is much like it was in Project Gotham 1 and 2. One must hit a wall at 100mp+ to see anything significant.
Damage IMO is much like it was in Project Gotham 1 and 2. One must hit a wall at 100mp+ to see anything significant.
maelstromr
Apr 25, 02:31 PM
Look out Apple...the chattel are beginning to rise. I hope these power-hungry thugs (Apple) get taken to the cleaners. Sad that Apple now views our location as a resource to be exploited.
While I can't say that I like the idea of private information being recorded without clear consumer knowledge or warning, I have to wonder what exactly is getting 'exploited' here? In two years when you throw your phone out Apple secretly searches your trash, takes it and markets to you based on where you went two years ago? Give me a break. :rolleyes:
While I can't say that I like the idea of private information being recorded without clear consumer knowledge or warning, I have to wonder what exactly is getting 'exploited' here? In two years when you throw your phone out Apple secretly searches your trash, takes it and markets to you based on where you went two years ago? Give me a break. :rolleyes:
Nuvi
Apr 11, 05:35 AM
I think the point is apple is trying to break the mold of traditional NLE editing. Many tools and terms we use in FCP and other NLEs are derived from linear tape editing from 20+ years ago. They are trying to push to the future of editing in a new direction and that may involve rethinking aspects of how we edit. Whether it's going to work or not I guess we'll have to see...
Don't think so. I think they want to make FCP a tool for consumers who have no idea about narrative structure and storytelling. FCP isn't useful for Apple any more. Regarding editing conventions, they are far older then 20 or so years. However, they've been around for a very long time and those conventions will be here to stay. Why? Because in the end of the day stories are linear and that fact won't change one bit even if Apple releases iMovie Pro.
Don't think so. I think they want to make FCP a tool for consumers who have no idea about narrative structure and storytelling. FCP isn't useful for Apple any more. Regarding editing conventions, they are far older then 20 or so years. However, they've been around for a very long time and those conventions will be here to stay. Why? Because in the end of the day stories are linear and that fact won't change one bit even if Apple releases iMovie Pro.
No comments:
Post a Comment