
LagunaSol
Apr 18, 05:02 PM
WRONG.
The LG Prada was announced in September 6 months ahead of iPhone1 announcement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Prada_%28KE850%29).
Odd, the link you included in your argument states the Prada was "announced" on December 12, 2006.
The iPhone was announced on January 9, less than one month later.
And the Prada looks more like a BlackBerry than an iPhone to me. The Prada and iPhone are almost nothing alike, aside from the size and shape of the earhole.
The LG Prada was announced in September 6 months ahead of iPhone1 announcement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Prada_%28KE850%29).
Odd, the link you included in your argument states the Prada was "announced" on December 12, 2006.
The iPhone was announced on January 9, less than one month later.
And the Prada looks more like a BlackBerry than an iPhone to me. The Prada and iPhone are almost nothing alike, aside from the size and shape of the earhole.

gkarris
Mar 26, 10:24 PM
But what's this about an iPad 3? I find that very hard to believe, since Apple clearly said that 2011 will be the Year of the iPad 2.
Probably iPad 2.5 - better cameras in 32, 64, and 128...
Probably iPad 2.5 - better cameras in 32, 64, and 128...

clibinarius
Mar 29, 02:54 PM
The batteries of note are probably for the nano/shuffle, not the touch. Hence why the supply isn't a problem yet with the iphones.
Try to remember, people who post these things, there's several types of ipods.
Try to remember, people who post these things, there's several types of ipods.

borgonuovo
Mar 27, 09:40 AM
when the white iphone comes out, will we see slightly improved hardware as well? (64gb? Better ANTENNA?) Let me know your thoughts... Will it be soon??? Thanks ! 1. Apple has yet to release any official sales numbers on iPad 2 - at least I haven't come across this anywhere (this would be a perfect piece of anecdotal information at the beginning of a media event)
2. Phil Schiller said "white iPhone 4 coming spring 2011" (it's now officially Spring and we still haven't seen the white iPhone and therefore would make a nice 'Easter egg' with immediate availability also mentioned at the beginning of a media event)
3. Apple has typically held iOS media event previews in April (not saying they would never break cycle, just stating the obvious)
IDK, if I were a betting man, I'd say all signs still point to an April media event at which (during the beginning) SJ would announce official iPad sales numbers (for both U.S. and International launch weekends) as well as immediate availability of said white iPhone before proceeding to dive into some of the intricacies of iOS 5. Just my $0.02.
2. Phil Schiller said "white iPhone 4 coming spring 2011" (it's now officially Spring and we still haven't seen the white iPhone and therefore would make a nice 'Easter egg' with immediate availability also mentioned at the beginning of a media event)
3. Apple has typically held iOS media event previews in April (not saying they would never break cycle, just stating the obvious)
IDK, if I were a betting man, I'd say all signs still point to an April media event at which (during the beginning) SJ would announce official iPad sales numbers (for both U.S. and International launch weekends) as well as immediate availability of said white iPhone before proceeding to dive into some of the intricacies of iOS 5. Just my $0.02.
McGiord
Apr 10, 01:27 PM
Kids continue having fun...time to file my taxes.
And I do expect my return to be accurate like the right answer.
:rolleyes:
And I do expect my return to be accurate like the right answer.
:rolleyes:

shaolindave
May 4, 05:46 PM
Oh! I see. I can agree to that.
If Apple does not allow that, I might as well go out and buy the DVD or USB for such a purpose.
If Apple does not allow that, then a failed hard drive would mean that the only way to install your legal copy of OS X would be to buy a second copy of OS X. Hopefully they see the flaws and will do something about it.
If Apple does not allow that, I might as well go out and buy the DVD or USB for such a purpose.
If Apple does not allow that, then a failed hard drive would mean that the only way to install your legal copy of OS X would be to buy a second copy of OS X. Hopefully they see the flaws and will do something about it.

ikir
Apr 20, 04:47 AM
Apple copying the power of the HTC Sensation. They should also concentrate on the IOS because its a joke compared to other new smartphone operating systems.
Troll time? Calling iOS a joke is a joke itself. Feel free to spam here, nice signature lol!
Troll time? Calling iOS a joke is a joke itself. Feel free to spam here, nice signature lol!
.jpg)
-aggie-
Apr 9, 06:34 PM
48.

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011

WWE All Stars (Wii)
![15 juegos dw Wii 2011[PAL] wwe wii 2011. 15 juegos dw Wii 2011[PAL]](http://i3.3djuegos.com/juegos/6156/wwe_smackdown_vs_raw_2011/fotos/set/wwe_smackdown_vs_raw_2011-1392810.jpg)
15 juegos dw Wii 2011[PAL]

WWE 2011 nos permite

Raw 2011 - Wii News at IGN

MikeDTyke
Sep 11, 07:26 AM
I've been doing a bit of thinking about the video airport express rumor thats been doing the rounds.
If you were to take the current AE and add a video out, you'd get a fairly poor user experience. ie. no remote, no control! Also the form factor of the current AE is such that you plug it in and hide it away.
Some might clamour for a wireless remote, but 2 factors limit this possibility, reduced battery life (on wifi) and a poor response through walls (bluetooth). Apple's shown in the past they are quite happy with the reliable and long established infra-red remote.
I believe therefore that the updated AE will appear as a small set top box, in order to have the IR in plain view. The other thing about the set top box. It' aint gonna be some boring grey flat component. Apple will want people to love it as much as the ipod. Therefore i suspect we'll see a distinctly visible design, different to all the other set top's and AV components we have to date. With SJ's love affair with cubes, perhaps this is an opportunity for the Aluminium Media Cube. Small llike 3" with a small hal like blue eye watching our every move. ;)
The other aspect i'd like to touch on is that in order to make these puppies sell like hotcakes, i.e.Cheap, i suspect the aforementioned cube to be very basic dumb terminal. Dependent on a wireless mac or PC for disk and essentially only displaying a frontrow remote display. This of course would mean front row for older macs and pc's.
The other other aspect (Gah i should think about these posts before writing). Is that no one is going to want to run upstairs to their Mac, go on itunes, click on the media store, select Scary movie #17 (more boobs than all the rest), click download. Then run downstairs to the Media cube, finger on button guessing when they can start to play. I therefore think that front row will gain an interface onto the ITMS so that media can be bought from the comfort of the sofa. This will kick off the actual download from upstairs computer and the front row interface will show when the user can start the movie.
Apple have patents for remote displays and specifically buying a item of media on one device and downloading to another. Search Macsimumnews.com if you're really interested.
As i said, this is only a bit of out of the box thinking. I personally hope the device is more intelligent with a HardDisk so if my Mac is powered down, its not completely useless, along with the absolutely essential need to be able to record just like tivo. But here's waiting, should know in about 29 hrs. tick tock, tick tock.
M.
If you were to take the current AE and add a video out, you'd get a fairly poor user experience. ie. no remote, no control! Also the form factor of the current AE is such that you plug it in and hide it away.
Some might clamour for a wireless remote, but 2 factors limit this possibility, reduced battery life (on wifi) and a poor response through walls (bluetooth). Apple's shown in the past they are quite happy with the reliable and long established infra-red remote.
I believe therefore that the updated AE will appear as a small set top box, in order to have the IR in plain view. The other thing about the set top box. It' aint gonna be some boring grey flat component. Apple will want people to love it as much as the ipod. Therefore i suspect we'll see a distinctly visible design, different to all the other set top's and AV components we have to date. With SJ's love affair with cubes, perhaps this is an opportunity for the Aluminium Media Cube. Small llike 3" with a small hal like blue eye watching our every move. ;)
The other aspect i'd like to touch on is that in order to make these puppies sell like hotcakes, i.e.Cheap, i suspect the aforementioned cube to be very basic dumb terminal. Dependent on a wireless mac or PC for disk and essentially only displaying a frontrow remote display. This of course would mean front row for older macs and pc's.
The other other aspect (Gah i should think about these posts before writing). Is that no one is going to want to run upstairs to their Mac, go on itunes, click on the media store, select Scary movie #17 (more boobs than all the rest), click download. Then run downstairs to the Media cube, finger on button guessing when they can start to play. I therefore think that front row will gain an interface onto the ITMS so that media can be bought from the comfort of the sofa. This will kick off the actual download from upstairs computer and the front row interface will show when the user can start the movie.
Apple have patents for remote displays and specifically buying a item of media on one device and downloading to another. Search Macsimumnews.com if you're really interested.
As i said, this is only a bit of out of the box thinking. I personally hope the device is more intelligent with a HardDisk so if my Mac is powered down, its not completely useless, along with the absolutely essential need to be able to record just like tivo. But here's waiting, should know in about 29 hrs. tick tock, tick tock.
M.

aswitcher
Aug 4, 07:43 AM
Wining Switchers should be Apple's goal now.
Agreed. So that means...
Leopard - seemless Windows intergration...
Target the multimedia computer market with those wanting their HDTVs and iPods to connect to their new Mac. Make the mac part of the furniture and easy to operate.
Geek switchers. Along with Leopard / Windows, they will want decent gaming punch which means a Mac Box with pro features like replacable graphics cards but still price competative. I see a low/min Mac Pro. Could be the same machine or a variation of the multimedia one. That way 2 birds one stone.
Keep innovating. New tech stuff early. 802.11n. iPhones. Touch screens (without touch) etc.
Agreed. So that means...
Leopard - seemless Windows intergration...
Target the multimedia computer market with those wanting their HDTVs and iPods to connect to their new Mac. Make the mac part of the furniture and easy to operate.
Geek switchers. Along with Leopard / Windows, they will want decent gaming punch which means a Mac Box with pro features like replacable graphics cards but still price competative. I see a low/min Mac Pro. Could be the same machine or a variation of the multimedia one. That way 2 birds one stone.
Keep innovating. New tech stuff early. 802.11n. iPhones. Touch screens (without touch) etc.

milo
Sep 11, 03:20 PM
Should we really be so confidently predicting that there'll be no MBP or MB upgrades because they "take away" from the excitement of the Media announcements? Surely, 99% of the population couldn't care less when a chip is upgraded, and won't even notice the change. Sure, it might take away from the excitement for some of us geeks on here, but for a lot of people, won't it be a complete non-event, easily eclipsed by the shiny new media stuff?
It's something the press would include in their story. If the laptops are updated separately, the story is 100% about "showtime" stuff.
Movie service with 320x240 movies, Airport Express AV with compostie and s-video only.
I don't think we'll get HD anything, but I think we will get at least 480. 320x240 is OK for iPods and tv shows, but Apple realizes that they'd get slammed if they try and pass off such a low rez in the living room.
Oh really? So tell me what the Front Row G5 iMac and the iPod nano had to do with last years iTunes Phone Special Event.
Those weren't at the same event, were they? The nano was with the phone, and later Front Row showed up with the iPod with video. And generally, apple hasn't been doing computer refreshes at events, just major updates (which lately has been intel, and not even all of those have had events).
It's something the press would include in their story. If the laptops are updated separately, the story is 100% about "showtime" stuff.
Movie service with 320x240 movies, Airport Express AV with compostie and s-video only.
I don't think we'll get HD anything, but I think we will get at least 480. 320x240 is OK for iPods and tv shows, but Apple realizes that they'd get slammed if they try and pass off such a low rez in the living room.
Oh really? So tell me what the Front Row G5 iMac and the iPod nano had to do with last years iTunes Phone Special Event.
Those weren't at the same event, were they? The nano was with the phone, and later Front Row showed up with the iPod with video. And generally, apple hasn't been doing computer refreshes at events, just major updates (which lately has been intel, and not even all of those have had events).
![15 juegos dw Wii 2011[PAL] wwe wii 2011. 15 juegos dw Wii 2011[PAL]](http://i3.3djuegos.com/juegos/6156/wwe_smackdown_vs_raw_2011/fotos/set/wwe_smackdown_vs_raw_2011-1392810.jpg)
Chundles
Sep 10, 11:14 PM
Wow! What kind of slow-ass lines do you people in Australia have to suffer with?
Thats ridiculously slow. :(
Dial-up. I can't get any form of high-speed internet because my building is so old the phone lines are dodgy, I'm renting so any sort of drilling to get cable is out and wireless broadband is either not here or too expensive.
And I'm in the 10th largest city in the country. My parents, who live in a little country town a long way from anywhere get quite decent broadband speeds. Go figure...:confused:
Thats ridiculously slow. :(
Dial-up. I can't get any form of high-speed internet because my building is so old the phone lines are dodgy, I'm renting so any sort of drilling to get cable is out and wireless broadband is either not here or too expensive.
And I'm in the 10th largest city in the country. My parents, who live in a little country town a long way from anywhere get quite decent broadband speeds. Go figure...:confused:

PBF
Mar 30, 08:50 PM
I still can't remove Launchpad on mine >.< Did you update via Software Update or reinstall the new build? I updated via Software Update to build 2.
Not true. You can not update to DP2 via Software Update. You have to re-install the entire OS via App Store. The only thing you download via Software Update is a 2.2MB pre-install patch.
Not true. You can not update to DP2 via Software Update. You have to re-install the entire OS via App Store. The only thing you download via Software Update is a 2.2MB pre-install patch.

spazzcat
Mar 29, 09:06 AM
I dont think so, Amazon cannot get the app needed for the streaming/storing of content on your phone or tablet approved in the appstore since. It violates apples terms, if you or anyone else has an issue with it, contact apple.

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 (Wii

greenstork
Aug 2, 12:29 PM
I presume the point was, the Intel update was just putting faster processes into existing boxes (except the MacBook which got a new design), as happens every year. And many of the apps which would take the greatest benefit from the Intel chips (pro applications and games) aren't yet universal, so we've not yet seen the best of them.
I think now that Apple has a very fixed product matrix, there's less room for surprises. Apart from a brand new design, like an Apple branded PDA, an iPhone, or an inexpensive mini-tower with a fast processor and upgradable graphics card, everything else (to me, at least) is just an incremental upgrade.
You're hard to please. The Core 2 Duo isn't just any old speed bumped processor, it's a huge leap forward in processor design, similar, at least speed wise, to the jump from G4 to G5:
http://techreport.com/reviews/2006q3/core2/index.x?pg=1
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2771
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060714-7267.html
I think now that Apple has a very fixed product matrix, there's less room for surprises. Apart from a brand new design, like an Apple branded PDA, an iPhone, or an inexpensive mini-tower with a fast processor and upgradable graphics card, everything else (to me, at least) is just an incremental upgrade.
You're hard to please. The Core 2 Duo isn't just any old speed bumped processor, it's a huge leap forward in processor design, similar, at least speed wise, to the jump from G4 to G5:
http://techreport.com/reviews/2006q3/core2/index.x?pg=1
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2771
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060714-7267.html

Chuck
Jul 22, 01:17 AM
Geez!!! The Intel Imac has been out since what Janurary? Should the Imac not be the next to upgrade? Will it go with Conroe or Meron? Maybe a better videocard?
I'm with you -X-
Doesn't the iMac use the same intel chip as the MBP? Why all the hoohah about an impending MBP release, when it might also mean an upgrade for the iMac - which hasn't been bumped since it's announcement in Jan?
Now before I'm lambarsted because the iMac is not a 'pro' machine, I am a professional graphic designer and I am in the market for one.
Bring on the merom iMac! :cool:
Chuck.
I'm with you -X-
Doesn't the iMac use the same intel chip as the MBP? Why all the hoohah about an impending MBP release, when it might also mean an upgrade for the iMac - which hasn't been bumped since it's announcement in Jan?
Now before I'm lambarsted because the iMac is not a 'pro' machine, I am a professional graphic designer and I am in the market for one.
Bring on the merom iMac! :cool:
Chuck.

Paulius
Jul 29, 09:03 PM
Ah man. I wanted a cheap, robust, no-BS phone. I don't know what my next cellphone will be. I just don't feel like investing a lot into a cellphone. What I want to do is to just TALK!

benhollberg
May 3, 08:29 AM
Metric system should be in the U.S.. No point in keeping an odd system.

milo
Sep 11, 08:22 AM
I can't get to excited about this, it will take me 10 hours to download 2GB :eek:
So you're not the target customer. Even that isn't really that big a deal, you can always just pick out your movie at breakfast and have it waiting when you get home from work.
Plus the Mid-Tower Conroe Mac I think.
So why isn't this an option in the poll? I think it's certainly possible.
So you're not the target customer. Even that isn't really that big a deal, you can always just pick out your movie at breakfast and have it waiting when you get home from work.
Plus the Mid-Tower Conroe Mac I think.
So why isn't this an option in the poll? I think it's certainly possible.
Macintosheux
Apr 23, 06:29 PM
We at Consomac.fr have shared this very information last Tuesday. I clearly remember sending you guys an e-mail about this. I'm very disappointed we are again not cited as original source for an exclusive news we've published... :(
Automatic English translation: http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fconsomac.fr%2Fnews-1129.html
French original: http://consomac.fr/news-1129.html
Automatic English translation: http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fconsomac.fr%2Fnews-1129.html
French original: http://consomac.fr/news-1129.html
extraextra
Jul 29, 10:08 PM
Any ideas on the price tag for this phone?
Hopefully they release it with Cingular. I've always had wonky connections with Cingular though, maybe it's my phone. Ironically, I've noticed that the signal is the worst inside the mall - next to the Apple store. :p
Hopefully they release it with Cingular. I've always had wonky connections with Cingular though, maybe it's my phone. Ironically, I've noticed that the signal is the worst inside the mall - next to the Apple store. :p
aohus
Apr 18, 05:23 PM
LG should sue all Mobile Phone Hardware Makers for using capacitive displays on their phones. LG was the first to do it. SUE EM ALL!
To Apple, please don't bite the hand that feeds you (Samsung fabbed your A5 chip, flash memory)
To Apple, please don't bite the hand that feeds you (Samsung fabbed your A5 chip, flash memory)
quigleybc
Sep 11, 11:53 AM
The only things comin out are the Video Rental service, and a size increase for the Nano.
Move along.
Move along.
Cougarcat
May 4, 06:30 PM
But how do you boot from a disk image without a disk???
Restore it to an external (but you do not have to do this to install Lion. The installer will install some things while in SL, then restart and finish the installation).
Restore it to an external (but you do not have to do this to install Lion. The installer will install some things while in SL, then restart and finish the installation).

No comments:
Post a Comment