
TheNightPhoenix
Sep 12, 06:10 PM
OK Please play on computer and get info - Command i - while playing to know for certain it is 640x480 H.264. On the bottom it says Normal Size: What numbers are there? In Format: it will say H.264 if it was encoded that way. Also what is the FPS Number playing? Should be 30.
Thank you.
picture attached
Edit: Tested on Three iPods now. One bought days after the first 5G was realsed right up to one bought in july... all work with itunes purchase and home encoded content.
Thank you.
picture attached
Edit: Tested on Three iPods now. One bought days after the first 5G was realsed right up to one bought in july... all work with itunes purchase and home encoded content.

Lynxpoint
Sep 14, 02:54 PM
aperture update aside, what do the "pro photographers" on here see as something missing in their workflow or that could critically change their workflow?
I like the sound of a monitor that self colour corrects, for example.
I like the sound of a monitor that self colour corrects, for example.

Coolerking
Sep 8, 09:14 AM
Hell no, Leopard will run on G4s, G5s, Core Duos, Core 2 Duos, maybe even the old G3s but we'll have to wait and see on that one.
Thanks. Judging by what some people have said it sounded like you needed Core 2 Duo to run Leopard.
Thanks. Judging by what some people have said it sounded like you needed Core 2 Duo to run Leopard.

faithfulFrank
Sep 26, 09:04 AM
Well, here in western NY,(USA) this would be bad news.
You could drop a bomb on the cingular stores here and not hurt anyone. Here, Verizon is king. Everyone has Verizon, and they have Verizon here because of two things....they are the only one who has coverage, and because everyone is "in network", you call everyone else for free without using minutes.
In my job, if I miss one phone call, it costs me $500 bucks. I cannot afford to lose a phone call, and a few years ago when I had Cingular, I lost a lot of calls.
Don't get me wrong....I have no great love for Verizon, but the sad fact is that at least here, they are the only viable option. My friend was visiting the other day, and had "no service" at my house, less then one mile from our "city". He has T-mobile. (Only one I know who does) At work, the city manager made a great decision to get nextel for all of our rigs because he thought the walkie-talkie feature would be "cool".......they die going 15 miles from our "city". no one even uses them. They are dusty.
It is too early to get worked up over this.....too little real info. If it works with verizon....great, i'll be the first to get one around here. If not, I love my nano, and have more then one pocket. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Frank D.
You could drop a bomb on the cingular stores here and not hurt anyone. Here, Verizon is king. Everyone has Verizon, and they have Verizon here because of two things....they are the only one who has coverage, and because everyone is "in network", you call everyone else for free without using minutes.
In my job, if I miss one phone call, it costs me $500 bucks. I cannot afford to lose a phone call, and a few years ago when I had Cingular, I lost a lot of calls.
Don't get me wrong....I have no great love for Verizon, but the sad fact is that at least here, they are the only viable option. My friend was visiting the other day, and had "no service" at my house, less then one mile from our "city". He has T-mobile. (Only one I know who does) At work, the city manager made a great decision to get nextel for all of our rigs because he thought the walkie-talkie feature would be "cool".......they die going 15 miles from our "city". no one even uses them. They are dusty.
It is too early to get worked up over this.....too little real info. If it works with verizon....great, i'll be the first to get one around here. If not, I love my nano, and have more then one pocket. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Frank D.

braddouglass
Mar 30, 11:50 AM
Can't we all just get along haha. Android came out with the "android market". Can't they just come up with their own name and not complain constantly about what their rivals do. Maybe Bill should spend some more money on developing a decent OS in stead of whining about Apple's wording of something.

BillyBobBongo
Apr 20, 09:54 AM
Wonder how long this item will remain here...the one on Engadget managed about 7 minutes. ;)

ascender
Oct 12, 04:54 PM
Wow, can't believe some of the posts on here!
Its a limited edition iPod and by buying it, it looks like a donation will be made to a charitable organisation set up by people who are trying to make a difference, which wants to help people less fortunate than us. Where's the problem?
Its a limited edition iPod and by buying it, it looks like a donation will be made to a charitable organisation set up by people who are trying to make a difference, which wants to help people less fortunate than us. Where's the problem?

waltchui
Apr 4, 12:35 PM
just fyi, being from san diego. Otay Mesa/Otay ranch is only 5-10 minutes from the Mexican border/Tijuana

djrobsd
Apr 11, 03:29 PM
AMAZING!!!!!!
I'm very excited to see this come to XBMC. Cannot wait!
I'm confused... What will this give us in XBMC that we don't already have? Since I'm assuming you're running XBMC on Apple TV2, Airplay already works just fine...
From my iTunes library on my PC I can stream to my Apple TV2 in the bedroom, or to my Airport Express in the living room. From my iPhone, I can stream almost any app (Napster, Pandora, Netflix, etc) to either my AppleTV2 or the living room Airport express (audio only).
So, I'm confused what additional capability this is going to give those of us who have already invested in an Apple ecosystem.
I'm very excited to see this come to XBMC. Cannot wait!
I'm confused... What will this give us in XBMC that we don't already have? Since I'm assuming you're running XBMC on Apple TV2, Airplay already works just fine...
From my iTunes library on my PC I can stream to my Apple TV2 in the bedroom, or to my Airport Express in the living room. From my iPhone, I can stream almost any app (Napster, Pandora, Netflix, etc) to either my AppleTV2 or the living room Airport express (audio only).
So, I'm confused what additional capability this is going to give those of us who have already invested in an Apple ecosystem.

kaneda
Aug 31, 09:16 PM
new ipod celphone.....celphone w/ a hard drive...w/ widescreen...sync w/ your itunes, iphotos, imovie, address book, mobile ichat...:)
Time to get a new cel-phone..499 for 60gb...

iphone 5 release date uk.

apple iphone 5 release date uk

New iPhone 5 release date

iphone 5 release date uk.

iphone 5 release date 2011 uk.

Xoom#39;s UK release date,

iphone 5 release date uk and
Time to get a new cel-phone..499 for 60gb...

retroactiv
Mar 29, 11:33 AM
I think this could very well be true.
The new Windows OS is surprisingly well thought out and have a lot of the features I miss in my standard iPhone 4 iOS - and only have because of Jailbreak :)
I could very well see myself buying a windows based Nokia - if they get the interior in harmony with the exterior - I still think iPhone 4 is the best looking phone I've ever owned - but still think it lacks some basic features in the iOS - like a Lock screen with calendar and weather info, basic features like changing the mail alert tone and being able to use the outer buttons as dual buttons for a shutter button on the volume button for instance (which a camera app did have, but Apple thought their consumers were too stupid and confused to have dual function buttons, so they excluded this app from appstore until they removed the function)
All the features I miss on my iPhone are very basic features, which could easily be fixed with a tiny small software update - since these features don't seem to come on the iPhone, I could see myself getting a HTC with Windows OS maybe in a HTC Desire DeLuxe chassis :)
What really keeps me true to the iPhone is all the apps :)
Very well put.
I develop for all three platforms, and I must say that the Windows Phone 7 OS is already more user friendly than Android. I have owned 3 generations of iPhones, and 2 generations of iPads. While I won't leave Apple now, I can see a time where, once matured, the Windows Phone 7 / Xbox / Windows Tablet ecosystem will be the one to go with.
Until then, I will show nothing but love for my MBP, iPhone, and iPad 2, but let's NOT be short sighted fanboys here... No one thought Apple could make a successful phone or tablet either - and looks where we are at now. It's foolish to think Microsoft won't compete.
Sony didn't think they had a worry about their Playstation either, and now look...
The new Windows OS is surprisingly well thought out and have a lot of the features I miss in my standard iPhone 4 iOS - and only have because of Jailbreak :)
I could very well see myself buying a windows based Nokia - if they get the interior in harmony with the exterior - I still think iPhone 4 is the best looking phone I've ever owned - but still think it lacks some basic features in the iOS - like a Lock screen with calendar and weather info, basic features like changing the mail alert tone and being able to use the outer buttons as dual buttons for a shutter button on the volume button for instance (which a camera app did have, but Apple thought their consumers were too stupid and confused to have dual function buttons, so they excluded this app from appstore until they removed the function)
All the features I miss on my iPhone are very basic features, which could easily be fixed with a tiny small software update - since these features don't seem to come on the iPhone, I could see myself getting a HTC with Windows OS maybe in a HTC Desire DeLuxe chassis :)
What really keeps me true to the iPhone is all the apps :)
Very well put.
I develop for all three platforms, and I must say that the Windows Phone 7 OS is already more user friendly than Android. I have owned 3 generations of iPhones, and 2 generations of iPads. While I won't leave Apple now, I can see a time where, once matured, the Windows Phone 7 / Xbox / Windows Tablet ecosystem will be the one to go with.
Until then, I will show nothing but love for my MBP, iPhone, and iPad 2, but let's NOT be short sighted fanboys here... No one thought Apple could make a successful phone or tablet either - and looks where we are at now. It's foolish to think Microsoft won't compete.
Sony didn't think they had a worry about their Playstation either, and now look...

Casshan
Sep 19, 03:23 PM
I'm not touching it until they offer 5.1 sound. I'm sure its just a matter of time, though.

nem3015
Sep 1, 12:30 PM
Sept. 12th is a Tuesday in Cupertino.
oppps my bad.
OK then early in the morning so will be evening in Paris. Frenchs anyway like it better in the evening. :p
oppps my bad.
OK then early in the morning so will be evening in Paris. Frenchs anyway like it better in the evening. :p

puckhead193
Sep 19, 01:34 PM
I wonder if these people are buying one to "test it out" or are buying multiple movies.

zwida
Sep 10, 08:53 AM
Well, Steve had to hold SOMETHING back to announce on the 12th. I don't think he wants a repeat of the iPod HiFi/leather case announcement, where people were saying, "Is that all?". I figure it has to either be updated laptops or AidenShaw's minitower. Well, in a few more days, we'll all know.
Don't you think the new movie store and sexy new iPods are enough? I guess there might be some kind of new product launch (phone, or streaming movie device, or whatever), but I'll be surprised if there's any Mac hardware bumps of any kind during this speech. It just wouldn't mesh with the "It's Showtime" theme.
Don't you think the new movie store and sexy new iPods are enough? I guess there might be some kind of new product launch (phone, or streaming movie device, or whatever), but I'll be surprised if there's any Mac hardware bumps of any kind during this speech. It just wouldn't mesh with the "It's Showtime" theme.

Lepton
Aug 31, 10:38 PM
I hesitated all year on the chance Apple would come out with a phone, but this week I went and bought a Nokia. Therefore, this announcement will obviously be a new Apple phone! Trust me, this stuff happens to me all the time... :rolleyes:

AidenShaw
May 3, 02:16 PM
I wouldnt worry about kernal panics or incompatibility issues with thunderbolt. Its like any other peripherals, its been heavily tested by apple and as long as other devices meets the requirements for thunderbolt, there will be no issues.
I *would* worry, for the following reasons:

for the Apple iPhone 5.

iphone 5 release date uk 2011.
I *would* worry, for the following reasons:

berkleeboy210
Sep 19, 01:33 PM
Good, Now lets have some more studios come on in, and just maybe i'll buy the 80gb ipod

logandzwon
Mar 29, 12:01 PM
I LOLed when I saw this, but after reading it, I see what they are doing. They obviously strongly believe in Nokia's world-wide relevance. They think pretty much every Symbian user will switch over to winmo7.
ClimbingTheLog
Sep 5, 11:01 AM
So with those numbers, a 720p stream with 5.1 audio should easily stream over even a 10 mbit network device. So I can easily see this working over 802.11g.
Your numbers are good but you assume 10mbps is easy with 802.11g because they advertise '54mbps' on the box.
In practice, you see half of that max, right next to the access point, without protocol overhead.
By time you get half way across a typical house from Mac to TV, you're lucky to see 3-4mpbs. I've tried this using 5-600kbps codecs and current wireless just doesn't cut it outside the lab.
That kind of reduction ratio on 802.11n is going to be fine for h.264 streaming. Apple won't wait a whole 'nother year for the standards committees to get their act in gear. When the chipset manufacturers are certain the shipping silicon will handle the release spec, Apple will release a pre-n unit. The stuff that was on the shelves last year probably is going to wind up not being upgradeable to the standard, due to silicon changes, so they were wise to wait. The timing is right.
Your numbers are good but you assume 10mbps is easy with 802.11g because they advertise '54mbps' on the box.
In practice, you see half of that max, right next to the access point, without protocol overhead.
By time you get half way across a typical house from Mac to TV, you're lucky to see 3-4mpbs. I've tried this using 5-600kbps codecs and current wireless just doesn't cut it outside the lab.
That kind of reduction ratio on 802.11n is going to be fine for h.264 streaming. Apple won't wait a whole 'nother year for the standards committees to get their act in gear. When the chipset manufacturers are certain the shipping silicon will handle the release spec, Apple will release a pre-n unit. The stuff that was on the shelves last year probably is going to wind up not being upgradeable to the standard, due to silicon changes, so they were wise to wait. The timing is right.
chasemac
Aug 24, 02:52 AM
This is true I read this a while back and it was brought up today on a d.a.p site i frequent. Creatives TravelDock 900 speakers have an ipod shuffle connected to it on the box.
Kind of an interesting history note of digital audio players made back in 2004.
http://dapreview.net/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.90
:) Beyond that my friend. Heard of Sound Blaster?
Kind of an interesting history note of digital audio players made back in 2004.
http://dapreview.net/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.90
:) Beyond that my friend. Heard of Sound Blaster?
hayesk
May 3, 12:45 PM
You can daisy chain multiple monitors with DisplayPort 1.2, and it has much more bandwidth than a Thunderbolt channel.
DP 1.2 has up to 17.28 Gbps.
TB has two 10 Gbps channels.
DP 1.2 has up to 17.28 Gbps.
TB has two 10 Gbps channels.
MacRumors
Apr 11, 01:39 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/11/apple-airplay-private-key-exposed-opening-door-to-airport-express-emulators/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/11/022029-airport.jpg
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/11/022029-airport.jpg
Erasmus
Sep 9, 02:27 AM
Ah, less money for 4" more screen, a ~20% faster C2D CPU, a much much faster GPU, etc? Thankyou mister Jobs! Can't wait to see what Tuesday's iPods will be like! Not that I intend to get one, or maybe I do? Who knows? And here's to some sort of Mac with Kentsfield and R600 (More likely G80 :( ) at Macworld or maybe even earlier with a bit of luck!
It's good to know that one can get a 24" screen, 2.33 Core 2 Duo goodness with the Geforce 7600 256Mb and 2 gig RAM from 5 grand with enough cash spare to buy a new Macbook. (Well at least in edu pricing)
BTW, this is a bit irrelevant, but can anyone explain to me how one gets Xgrid, and what one needs to make it work? ie. Does it cost money, or can it be downloaded from the net, and do u need a FiberChannel card to make it work? Would be cool to have a Macbook Xgridded to a 24" iMac. Preferrably Merom Macbook and Conroe iMac. But might take a while to get that :o
Never mind. : (
Need 10.4 Server apparently, and at least 3 computers to make it worthwhile, it looks like.
It's good to know that one can get a 24" screen, 2.33 Core 2 Duo goodness with the Geforce 7600 256Mb and 2 gig RAM from 5 grand with enough cash spare to buy a new Macbook. (Well at least in edu pricing)
BTW, this is a bit irrelevant, but can anyone explain to me how one gets Xgrid, and what one needs to make it work? ie. Does it cost money, or can it be downloaded from the net, and do u need a FiberChannel card to make it work? Would be cool to have a Macbook Xgridded to a 24" iMac. Preferrably Merom Macbook and Conroe iMac. But might take a while to get that :o
Never mind. : (
Need 10.4 Server apparently, and at least 3 computers to make it worthwhile, it looks like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment