
QCassidy352
Sep 15, 08:18 PM
before the imac update I thought a new GPU was a given. Now I'm not sure. If this is nothing but a processor change, that's going to be one of the most disappointing updates in years.

toddybody
Mar 28, 10:31 AM
im the opposite, this would be devastating to me as my contract runs out June this year......

Wiz Khalifa dropped a set of

Wiz is riding high right now

Wiz Khalifa- “Roll Up”

Wiz Khalifa Feat Too $hort

New Wiz Khalifa quot;Black And

All Wiz Khalifa - Roll Up

Check out the Wiz Khalifa Roll

Wiz Khalifa- quot;Roll Upquot;

Wiz Khalifa - Rolling Papers

wiz khalifa 2011 album

Wiz+khalifa+roll+up+album

wiz khalifa roll up 500x321

DOWNLOAD: WIZ KHALIFA

Wiz Khalifa “Roll Up” [Audio

Tags: wiz khalifa

06 Wiz Khalifa – Roll Up

leadingwiz khalifa roll up
toneloco2881
Jul 21, 02:19 PM
Glad I didn't decide to buy a new MBP in June! I have plans to wait until after WWDC, but I think we might see a change in processor before than. I don't see moving to a newer Intel chip as being a "big" developer issue.
Well, when you couple the fact it's an entirely new architecture for intel, along with being 64-bit, it might tie in nicely at the developer conference. I expect Leopard to evolve into a full 64-bit OS so these chips can would make for a great entrance at WWDC...IMO.
Well, when you couple the fact it's an entirely new architecture for intel, along with being 64-bit, it might tie in nicely at the developer conference. I expect Leopard to evolve into a full 64-bit OS so these chips can would make for a great entrance at WWDC...IMO.
kntgsp
Apr 5, 11:58 PM
I can understand Apple's concern here it could give the impression to an uneducated user that it is OK to jailbreak their phone
It is ok to jailbreak your phone. There isn't the slightest thing wrong with doing so.
It is ok to jailbreak your phone. There isn't the slightest thing wrong with doing so.
juicedropsdeuce
Apr 26, 02:49 PM
.
This would be a GREAT time to delay the release of the next iPhone until September. Actually that's optimistic, it took them almost a year to get the white one right. :rolleyes:
This would be a GREAT time to delay the release of the next iPhone until September. Actually that's optimistic, it took them almost a year to get the white one right. :rolleyes:
infoman
Nov 13, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the tip. How do you feel about the speaker volume on the unit for calls so far? Also, do the navigation instructions come through the car's speakers at all?
I'd still be curious to see how it looks when stuck to the windshield. I've heard some say that it's too hard to see on the windshield.
Mounting it horizontally on the lower left corner of the windshield, near the steering wheel, works pretty good for me. Good visibility and more importantly you don't loose site of the road ahead. Try it.
I'd still be curious to see how it looks when stuck to the windshield. I've heard some say that it's too hard to see on the windshield.
Mounting it horizontally on the lower left corner of the windshield, near the steering wheel, works pretty good for me. Good visibility and more importantly you don't loose site of the road ahead. Try it.

ticman
Dec 10, 06:24 PM
Ok I have installed the car kit. It was more difficult than i thought ONLY because while I have a sloping dash board and it's leather, it is NOT smooth leather but rather a grainy textured leather. I could not get the plastic disk to stick to the surface--even if I put it higher up on the dash toward the windshield where it is flat. Thoughts of crazy glue were beginning to run through my mind.
I installed it on the windshield just to see if I'd like it. It was great but a tad too far to see clearly (even with glasses); I didn't like the wires hanging down; and it did draw my eye every time i used the rear view mirror and obstructed my view (but only a bit--could probably get used to it in time).
So I was at the point of wondering if I was going to return it to Apple Store when I found a space that would work that was left of the radio and had a small flat plastic area. The disk is only partially on the plastic but holds incredible firmly. By moving the suction cup to the right edge of the flat disk, I can see the entire screen easily in either portrait or landscape mode without covering the radio or any controls.
AND the unexpected PLUS is that it sits below the dashboard and won't require me to disconnect it to put in the console when away from the car. I was not comforable with the idea of leaving the kit in full view which may or may not invite break-ins. Another plus is very very little cord from kit to lighter area is needed so wires hanging or dangling are at a minimum. The wire from audio to my audio input in the center console is easily accomodated by the 3 foot audio cord. I used the plastic holders that were pictured in previous post so that wires are contained and not obtrusive.
With regards to using Bluetooth for handsfree driving. My car is very quiet and I and my callers had no problem hearing each other. I just hold the main button and do voice dialing. Piece of cake.
LOL I had the audio cord connected to the car kit but was not using audio to play music (aux was not on) and I couldn't figure out why Navigon wasn't taling to me. When I put radio on in Aux mode the instructions came through the car speakers. When I used ipod to play music and had GPS on both come through the car speakers with music volume being lowered when voice directions were being given.
All in all I am very pleased with the kit and the way it performs.
I installed it on the windshield just to see if I'd like it. It was great but a tad too far to see clearly (even with glasses); I didn't like the wires hanging down; and it did draw my eye every time i used the rear view mirror and obstructed my view (but only a bit--could probably get used to it in time).
So I was at the point of wondering if I was going to return it to Apple Store when I found a space that would work that was left of the radio and had a small flat plastic area. The disk is only partially on the plastic but holds incredible firmly. By moving the suction cup to the right edge of the flat disk, I can see the entire screen easily in either portrait or landscape mode without covering the radio or any controls.
AND the unexpected PLUS is that it sits below the dashboard and won't require me to disconnect it to put in the console when away from the car. I was not comforable with the idea of leaving the kit in full view which may or may not invite break-ins. Another plus is very very little cord from kit to lighter area is needed so wires hanging or dangling are at a minimum. The wire from audio to my audio input in the center console is easily accomodated by the 3 foot audio cord. I used the plastic holders that were pictured in previous post so that wires are contained and not obtrusive.
With regards to using Bluetooth for handsfree driving. My car is very quiet and I and my callers had no problem hearing each other. I just hold the main button and do voice dialing. Piece of cake.
LOL I had the audio cord connected to the car kit but was not using audio to play music (aux was not on) and I couldn't figure out why Navigon wasn't taling to me. When I put radio on in Aux mode the instructions came through the car speakers. When I used ipod to play music and had GPS on both come through the car speakers with music volume being lowered when voice directions were being given.
All in all I am very pleased with the kit and the way it performs.
zivilist
Apr 21, 05:05 PM
Max 2 SSDs or 2 HDDs?
kavika411
Apr 14, 12:46 PM
Which is exactly what I said. But you couldn't help twisting the dagger a little bit by saying ...
Democrats - "I am in favor of increasing government taxation, and I have the opportunity to put my money where my mouth is by voluntarily paying more taxes, but I am nonetheless not going to if other people don't."
So are you, on your own, going to voluntarily give money to the government? Or do we get to lump you in with your description of Democrats?
If you'd read and quoted the last two sentences of my post, you would have realized that I'm not in favor of increasing taxes as long as so much of it is spent on three needless wars.
This sewing circle uses sarcasm time-to-time.
Democrats - "I am in favor of increasing government taxation, and I have the opportunity to put my money where my mouth is by voluntarily paying more taxes, but I am nonetheless not going to if other people don't."
So are you, on your own, going to voluntarily give money to the government? Or do we get to lump you in with your description of Democrats?
If you'd read and quoted the last two sentences of my post, you would have realized that I'm not in favor of increasing taxes as long as so much of it is spent on three needless wars.
This sewing circle uses sarcasm time-to-time.

Popeye206
Mar 28, 10:49 AM
No iPhone 5, but there will be iPhone invisio!
ROTF. Dated. That must be why the recent mobile industry event that Apple didn't sponsor nor attend voted iPhone the best phone on the market.
Well... it doesn't have Flash support, or 4G, or the fastest multi-core processor, or the largest screen!
Now of course, lack a Flash has not been a big deal for me, and just because 90% of the US does not have 4G yet doesn't matter. I know if I see someone with more specs than my iPhone I instantly start having technowhinnieitis attacks and feel inferior... even though my iPhone works great, is fast, has the best screen on the market and iOS is easy to use and work with... does not matter! I want more!!!! :rolleyes:
Oh.... I hope you can see the sarcasm! :p
The way I see it is they have a hot product line now... take their time, focus on the new OS's and give us something killer in the fall. I see no downside.
ROTF. Dated. That must be why the recent mobile industry event that Apple didn't sponsor nor attend voted iPhone the best phone on the market.
Well... it doesn't have Flash support, or 4G, or the fastest multi-core processor, or the largest screen!
Now of course, lack a Flash has not been a big deal for me, and just because 90% of the US does not have 4G yet doesn't matter. I know if I see someone with more specs than my iPhone I instantly start having technowhinnieitis attacks and feel inferior... even though my iPhone works great, is fast, has the best screen on the market and iOS is easy to use and work with... does not matter! I want more!!!! :rolleyes:
Oh.... I hope you can see the sarcasm! :p
The way I see it is they have a hot product line now... take their time, focus on the new OS's and give us something killer in the fall. I see no downside.
Moyank24
Mar 30, 01:52 PM
This just makes me more interested to hear what Apple has come up with. I like the idea of "the cloud" but I'd definitely like to compare Amazon's with Apple's when it is announced in June.

lilo777
Mar 29, 10:48 AM
not really true. it depends on what kind of storage options they are currently running, there are many devices and programs out there that eliminate this kind of redundancy and odds are amazon is using them right now.
The fact that they offer free space for MP3 files purchased from Amazon clearly indicates that those files be stored in a single copy.
The fact that they offer free space for MP3 files purchased from Amazon clearly indicates that those files be stored in a single copy.
mcrain
Apr 15, 09:02 AM
Do you think there are any negative consequences to this? If I were starting a business and seeking investors, it would sure be a lot harder to get investors when the capital gains rate is 35% rather than 15%. That business would never materialize. Nobody's going to complain about it though because no one can see what could have been.
No.
Capital gains do NOT stand in the way of investment in business. Why? Because capital gains ONLY apply to the gains realized upon the SALE of the shares or ownership interest in the company. That sale has ZERO effect on the business' profit, capitalization, available resources, etc... That sale ONLY might have an effect on the value of the shares of the company in the hands of other investors. That's what is called the secondary market.
What you are talking about is the initial offering of the shares by the company in which the company is looking to exchange ownership, and everything that goes with it, for capital investment.
One of the things that goes with ownership, and one of the two primary reasons people invest, is a share of profits. If a potential business has a good business plan, a good product and will make money, people will invest in it. When it makes money, that income is taxed as ordinary income when distributed, or if kept without re-investment, as business income. This money is NOT taxed as capital gain!
The second profit motive for investment is the idea that the success of the business will generate demand for ownership, thus increasing the value of ownership on the secondary market. This could lead to capital gains if you choose to sell your ownership interest.
Higher taxes result in businesses that choose to reinvest and increase their operations rather than distributing money to its owners. This causes increases in value, increases in operations, increases in hiring, increases in economic impact, etc...
Higher taxes result in investors choosing businesses that are increasing in value, generating higher income rates, operating in riskier, but higher yield, fields, etc...
Capital gains don't prevent investment, they merely affect how much tax is paid on the sale of an investment you have held for over one year.
No.
Capital gains do NOT stand in the way of investment in business. Why? Because capital gains ONLY apply to the gains realized upon the SALE of the shares or ownership interest in the company. That sale has ZERO effect on the business' profit, capitalization, available resources, etc... That sale ONLY might have an effect on the value of the shares of the company in the hands of other investors. That's what is called the secondary market.
What you are talking about is the initial offering of the shares by the company in which the company is looking to exchange ownership, and everything that goes with it, for capital investment.
One of the things that goes with ownership, and one of the two primary reasons people invest, is a share of profits. If a potential business has a good business plan, a good product and will make money, people will invest in it. When it makes money, that income is taxed as ordinary income when distributed, or if kept without re-investment, as business income. This money is NOT taxed as capital gain!
The second profit motive for investment is the idea that the success of the business will generate demand for ownership, thus increasing the value of ownership on the secondary market. This could lead to capital gains if you choose to sell your ownership interest.
Higher taxes result in businesses that choose to reinvest and increase their operations rather than distributing money to its owners. This causes increases in value, increases in operations, increases in hiring, increases in economic impact, etc...
Higher taxes result in investors choosing businesses that are increasing in value, generating higher income rates, operating in riskier, but higher yield, fields, etc...
Capital gains don't prevent investment, they merely affect how much tax is paid on the sale of an investment you have held for over one year.
SiCbe
Sep 11, 01:48 PM
so I was looking around the apple store this afternoon till I noticed something :D
When selecting the MBP in the apple store you'll get some info below...
There's this one title where it shows front row... it says "It's showtime" :)
maybe it's a hint from apple :rolleyes: the MBP is the onle one where it says "it's showtime". the rest all say something else like "put on a show"...
ah well I'm just going crazy from waiting for the new MBP's...
(first post though I've been reading here for a long time)
When selecting the MBP in the apple store you'll get some info below...
There's this one title where it shows front row... it says "It's showtime" :)
maybe it's a hint from apple :rolleyes: the MBP is the onle one where it says "it's showtime". the rest all say something else like "put on a show"...
ah well I'm just going crazy from waiting for the new MBP's...
(first post though I've been reading here for a long time)
dukebound85
Apr 10, 11:07 AM
I wish there was a poll option of who is getting 288 and is say in a technical field such as engineering/stats/physics, etc
My guess is that 288 is coming from people who use math extensively and 2 coming from those who may not...
My guess is that 288 is coming from people who use math extensively and 2 coming from those who may not...

vincenz
Apr 10, 09:39 AM
I got 24 * 24. Which is 288. I can't believe how long this thread is. And someone needs to fix the way the Mac does math...
timswim78
Sep 16, 09:30 PM
Well, I thought that a 24' iMac was a crazy idea. I guess that maybe there could be a 19" MacBook Pro! (3Ghz G5 of course)
craighc
May 7, 11:07 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)
I could see iAd playing a role in this decision. Apple
pays for it through ads. Makes sense.
I could see iAd playing a role in this decision. Apple
pays for it through ads. Makes sense.
VenusianSky
Nov 3, 09:49 AM
I got mine yesterday and LOVE it. Navigon app + TomTom car kit = win.
So does the Navigon app actually uses the Tom Tom's GPS chip, or is the Tom Tom just a window mount when used with another navigation app? I would like to know this.
So does the Navigon app actually uses the Tom Tom's GPS chip, or is the Tom Tom just a window mount when used with another navigation app? I would like to know this.
kirky29
Mar 30, 07:47 PM
Downloading now! :)
Been waiting for this!
Been waiting for this!
DotComName
Mar 26, 11:05 PM
SUPER PSYCHED for cloud features married with iOS! With this, the iPad can truely become a post-pc mobile computer without the need to sync with clunky old iTunes! DO IT UP BIG APPLE!! :)
Counting down the days till I can completely ditch my laptop for an iPad!
Counting down the days till I can completely ditch my laptop for an iPad!
Scooterman1
May 7, 04:16 PM
This would be a good incentive for staying with Apple.
ivladster
Apr 18, 04:18 PM
The fact that they are now suing Samsung, and waited this long, might give validity to this theory, as they did not want to sue them while Sammy was still a key supplier for them.
Something to think about.
Actually Apple just recently got granted those designs for iOS and iPhone 3GS, they were waiting for US Patent Office to approve them.
Something to think about.
Actually Apple just recently got granted those designs for iOS and iPhone 3GS, they were waiting for US Patent Office to approve them.
kgtenacious
Mar 30, 12:21 PM
Just like how the iPad's price is sky high?
Steve Jobs was quoted as saying recently that everytime they've priced for volume (i.e., priced low in the hopes of greater sales) they've seen success. When they haven't priced for volume, their success has been more attenuated. Now this was regarding media and the iTunes store, but there's no reason cloud services couldn't be the same, particularly given how competitive this sphere will be and the fact that there's no real marketing benefit to "premium" data pricing (as opposed to premium laptop/notebook pricing where higher prices can contribute to a perception of higher quality).
I've been a MobileMe customer since iTools - I pay $5 per GB for a standard plan - and not that much of a discount for more. Amazon's price is is pretty much $1/GB if you buy more. Apple never really does price for volume - they will lower their prices (and have been across the board) but they never undercut their competition - the price is always a "gee that's a pretty good price for an Apple product" - almost never "that cheaper than a "Brand X"".
MobileMe sales are driven by the hardware - and the new "required" .me address for some items will further drive MobileMe upsells. It will never be priced to compete with services such as Amazon's, it will be priced as the most seamless way to integrate your apple products - at a premium - at lease for online storage. Sure, there are free ways to do everything MobileMe does, but MobileMe is plug'n'play.
And prices are actually going up for many cloud services - Mozy used to have unlimited backup space for home computers at around $5 a month per computer, but have gotten rid of that pricing model and are now no longer "unlimited" for home use.
Steve Jobs was quoted as saying recently that everytime they've priced for volume (i.e., priced low in the hopes of greater sales) they've seen success. When they haven't priced for volume, their success has been more attenuated. Now this was regarding media and the iTunes store, but there's no reason cloud services couldn't be the same, particularly given how competitive this sphere will be and the fact that there's no real marketing benefit to "premium" data pricing (as opposed to premium laptop/notebook pricing where higher prices can contribute to a perception of higher quality).
I've been a MobileMe customer since iTools - I pay $5 per GB for a standard plan - and not that much of a discount for more. Amazon's price is is pretty much $1/GB if you buy more. Apple never really does price for volume - they will lower their prices (and have been across the board) but they never undercut their competition - the price is always a "gee that's a pretty good price for an Apple product" - almost never "that cheaper than a "Brand X"".
MobileMe sales are driven by the hardware - and the new "required" .me address for some items will further drive MobileMe upsells. It will never be priced to compete with services such as Amazon's, it will be priced as the most seamless way to integrate your apple products - at a premium - at lease for online storage. Sure, there are free ways to do everything MobileMe does, but MobileMe is plug'n'play.
And prices are actually going up for many cloud services - Mozy used to have unlimited backup space for home computers at around $5 a month per computer, but have gotten rid of that pricing model and are now no longer "unlimited" for home use.
No comments:
Post a Comment