Evangelion
Sep 9, 11:38 AM
Could you just calm down and shut up for now? Really, go spend your posts on other people...no need to worry about my "fanboy" behavior...after all, this is a forum devoted to Mac fans and rumors...so please leave if you don't like it.
Well, since I have to suffer from your rabid fanboyishness as well (and it seems that I'm not the only one), then surely I can say something? I mean, it's not like your posts are invisible or something. Besides, if you post public messages on a public web-forum, do you REALLY have any grounds to complain if someone replies to your post?
Well, since I have to suffer from your rabid fanboyishness as well (and it seems that I'm not the only one), then surely I can say something? I mean, it's not like your posts are invisible or something. Besides, if you post public messages on a public web-forum, do you REALLY have any grounds to complain if someone replies to your post?
MagnusVonMagnum
Mar 19, 03:38 PM
I hope you're getting paid well to post this crap.
Is there some reason you feel the need lash out at people?
Still, don't you feel dirty having to post references to obsolete "malware" like Leap-A and Inqtana-A that were never successful even before the OS was patched years ago??
You seem to be utterly oblivious to the whole point of the message which is that OSX is not invulnerable by any means, which seems to be the fanboy mantra of the week.
As for USB3 vs Lightpeak, your pitiful response makes me think you were one of the pinheads criticizing Apple for dropping floppy drives at the turn of the century.
Again, the childish lashing out of insults.... :rolleyes: You do realize they don't make your opinions look any better don't you?
The idea of dropping a drive that takes up space is one thing, but to include USB2 ports while purposely leaving out USB3 ports (which take up the same amount of space and are 100% backwards compatible) is asinine. The fact you would feel the need to call people "pinheads" who think in a logical manner rather than blindly worship Steve and everything Apple does tells me all I need to know about you, really.

Ι wish to thank you all for

on thank you notes,

Thank You Messages To A Pastor

Thank-You Letters

You can read the original post

A #39;Thank You Seve#39; banner

Writing Thank You Notes

However, after the funeral

Sympathy Card Thank You Notes

used in the thank you card

Thank you very much,

That prompted Grace M. to note

Thank you very much,

thank you funeral lilies

Thank you.

I proudly display a thank you

lt;lt;Thank younote for salary
Is there some reason you feel the need lash out at people?
Still, don't you feel dirty having to post references to obsolete "malware" like Leap-A and Inqtana-A that were never successful even before the OS was patched years ago??
You seem to be utterly oblivious to the whole point of the message which is that OSX is not invulnerable by any means, which seems to be the fanboy mantra of the week.
As for USB3 vs Lightpeak, your pitiful response makes me think you were one of the pinheads criticizing Apple for dropping floppy drives at the turn of the century.
Again, the childish lashing out of insults.... :rolleyes: You do realize they don't make your opinions look any better don't you?
The idea of dropping a drive that takes up space is one thing, but to include USB2 ports while purposely leaving out USB3 ports (which take up the same amount of space and are 100% backwards compatible) is asinine. The fact you would feel the need to call people "pinheads" who think in a logical manner rather than blindly worship Steve and everything Apple does tells me all I need to know about you, really.
ppilone
Apr 20, 11:55 AM
I read a good tweet about this:
Password protect your phone. Password protect your computer. Nothing has changed.
Password protect your phone. Password protect your computer. Nothing has changed.
4God
Aug 28, 02:39 PM
my cat has told me that there will be a 23" chin-less iMac with the new Core 2 Duo chips, 1gig std, wireless kbd and mouse std. Or he is just hungry - hard to tell just what he is saying but he has friends in high places (trees mostly)
still heres hoping he's spot on
Funny, my neighbor's cat told me that we will see a new 20" iMac
with Merom inside and upgraded graphics with Dual Link DVI output to support the 30" display....;)
still heres hoping he's spot on
Funny, my neighbor's cat told me that we will see a new 20" iMac
with Merom inside and upgraded graphics with Dual Link DVI output to support the 30" display....;)
SilvorX
Sep 26, 10:23 PM
Does anyone know if it is still possible to start a new wireless plan without a contract? I mean, the whole idea of the contract is to cover the phone subsidy, but if I don't want a new phone do I still have to get one?
I've been considering switching to Cingular since I don't get any signal at all in my workplace with T-Mobile (the higher GSM frequency has trouble going through thick walls) but Cingular works great.
I haven't been on a contract in about 5 years now, and I don't want to get back on one again, which is part of the reason I've stayed with T-Mobile.
There may be some plans out there that you can start up without a contract, but the problem with carriers now days is that they're slowly phasing out 0-month term contracts, they still exist, but it can be hard to find, when I was working with an evil US based CDMA carrier a year ago, there was only one plan offered that you could purchase without a contract. You can always call up Cingular customer service and ask them yourselves (for comparisons) if you want, that's what they are there for (but watch out, they'll be greedy and try to sign you up then and there, to make their commission).
Here in Canada, with the "only" GSM carrier we have (you Canucks know it's only 1 in reality!) only allows the use of plans with a contract, usually in increments of 2 or 3 years (even 1 year contracts are starting to get hard to get). Not fun.
I've been considering switching to Cingular since I don't get any signal at all in my workplace with T-Mobile (the higher GSM frequency has trouble going through thick walls) but Cingular works great.
I haven't been on a contract in about 5 years now, and I don't want to get back on one again, which is part of the reason I've stayed with T-Mobile.
There may be some plans out there that you can start up without a contract, but the problem with carriers now days is that they're slowly phasing out 0-month term contracts, they still exist, but it can be hard to find, when I was working with an evil US based CDMA carrier a year ago, there was only one plan offered that you could purchase without a contract. You can always call up Cingular customer service and ask them yourselves (for comparisons) if you want, that's what they are there for (but watch out, they'll be greedy and try to sign you up then and there, to make their commission).
Here in Canada, with the "only" GSM carrier we have (you Canucks know it's only 1 in reality!) only allows the use of plans with a contract, usually in increments of 2 or 3 years (even 1 year contracts are starting to get hard to get). Not fun.
Multimedia
Sep 10, 06:12 PM
My Xeon utilization is only 50% per proc while compressing in Quicktime Pro. Even during an HD export (http://www.macpro.ws/P3.jpg) the fans don't get use.I am compressing EyeTV Broadcast HD recordings with Toast then Handbrake. On the G5 Quad they each use more than two cores occasionally and almost two cores all the time - well over 80% each all the time.
I can crush two files simultaneously to gain even more performance - like 150% faster that way.
I can crush two files simultaneously to gain even more performance - like 150% faster that way.
Satori
Apr 22, 01:37 AM
I really hope this happens but I have a feeling that it will be hobbled in some way. If it runs from an iTunes master copy of songs then it might preclude people uploading music that has been ripped from CDs or bought somewhere else (like Amazon).
Silentwave
Jul 17, 08:08 AM
Could someone please clarify, are we expecting the MacBook Pro to be updated at WWDC? I'm ready to purchase a MacBook Pro right away, but if we are fairly certain that there will be a new release in August I will wait as my current laptop is doing the job.
Does anyone want to give some odds? I know that no-one can be certain but for instance for a 25% chance I'll wait, for a 5% chance I'll just order one now.
I wouldn't give you good odds for WWDC, but you should have your update within less than a month from it.
Merom isn't out at the time of WWDC- it won't be until later in August. It is possible they may let apple take pre-orders if steve wants to really make it a massive attack at WWDC on all parts of the line charging ahead into the next generation, but you never know with him.
Of course the way things are going, for all we know there may really be PB G5s at WWDC, who knows nowadays :rolleyes:
Does anyone want to give some odds? I know that no-one can be certain but for instance for a 25% chance I'll wait, for a 5% chance I'll just order one now.
I wouldn't give you good odds for WWDC, but you should have your update within less than a month from it.
Merom isn't out at the time of WWDC- it won't be until later in August. It is possible they may let apple take pre-orders if steve wants to really make it a massive attack at WWDC on all parts of the line charging ahead into the next generation, but you never know with him.
Of course the way things are going, for all we know there may really be PB G5s at WWDC, who knows nowadays :rolleyes:
milo
Sep 11, 03:32 PM
I get goosebumps thinking about the capabilties of Logic 8 Pro working seamlessly
with 8 processors!
Good luck with that, Apple can't even get it working right with 4 cores.
with 8 processors!
Good luck with that, Apple can't even get it working right with 4 cores.

Warbrain
Sep 26, 07:43 AM
Well, that's good news for me. As long as they release it next spring/summer when I can upgrade my phone, I'm sold. I'd pay a pretty penny for it.
eye
Mar 23, 04:49 PM
You should tell that to my son. Oh wait, you can't, he was murdered someone like you.
Always one in a bunch who brings up a personal experience to shock people into shutting up. My sister was eaten by a hyena. No hyena jokes please.
Always one in a bunch who brings up a personal experience to shock people into shutting up. My sister was eaten by a hyena. No hyena jokes please.
Rocketman
Aug 31, 07:09 PM
or maybe just maybe...
Apple is bringing out a new desktop! I mean think about it they haven't really bought out a new desktop for agess all they have done is switch all products to intel.
**Edit, IMO i think its silly because whos gonna pay $14.99 for a movie on a tiny screen, and if they make it to watch on your computer then its just going to take hours and hours to download if you have a slow broadband connection
If you pay whatever price for a "lisence" to a movie it makes sense you have a lisence to a variety of resolutions for the 5 CPU's you are allowed to run them on, FOREVER (Time Machine).
Stop whining. Or not.
As for the so-called video iPod, it seems to me such a device has far more uses than a mere media replayer. It could be a remote control. It could be a PDA. It could be a 3G/4G internet portal, standalone or for an external computer, such as a, gag, MacBook.
Further, such a device is easily reprogrammable as a dictation machine, a bar code reader, a video camera, a still camera, etc, etc, etc. Some functions might need a dongle to the extent they are not implemented in Rev. 1A.
Rocketman
See ST-TNG datapads.
Apple is bringing out a new desktop! I mean think about it they haven't really bought out a new desktop for agess all they have done is switch all products to intel.
**Edit, IMO i think its silly because whos gonna pay $14.99 for a movie on a tiny screen, and if they make it to watch on your computer then its just going to take hours and hours to download if you have a slow broadband connection
If you pay whatever price for a "lisence" to a movie it makes sense you have a lisence to a variety of resolutions for the 5 CPU's you are allowed to run them on, FOREVER (Time Machine).
Stop whining. Or not.
As for the so-called video iPod, it seems to me such a device has far more uses than a mere media replayer. It could be a remote control. It could be a PDA. It could be a 3G/4G internet portal, standalone or for an external computer, such as a, gag, MacBook.
Further, such a device is easily reprogrammable as a dictation machine, a bar code reader, a video camera, a still camera, etc, etc, etc. Some functions might need a dongle to the extent they are not implemented in Rev. 1A.
Rocketman
See ST-TNG datapads.

AvSRoCkCO1067
Aug 28, 10:28 PM
Will an Apple Retail store upgrade your cpu? What's the cost to have this done without a warranty void?
Also,
The Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 1066MHz will work in an imac intel? newegg sells them for $369
Core 2 Duo Extreme runs at 2.93GHz
No, the Apple Retail Store will not upgrade your CPU. If you do upgrade your CPU, your warranty will be void. And the Conroe chip does NOT work in iMac Intels - rather, you'd need to use a MEROM chip if you wanted to upgrade it (but that, too, would void the warranty)
Also,
The Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 1066MHz will work in an imac intel? newegg sells them for $369
Core 2 Duo Extreme runs at 2.93GHz
No, the Apple Retail Store will not upgrade your CPU. If you do upgrade your CPU, your warranty will be void. And the Conroe chip does NOT work in iMac Intels - rather, you'd need to use a MEROM chip if you wanted to upgrade it (but that, too, would void the warranty)
prady16
Sep 5, 07:44 AM
No, no, no! The iPod is for mobile entertainment. The media device is for the living room. Nothing mutually exclusive about these at all.
The possibilities are just too many.... iPhone, MediaCenter, touch-screen 10" ipod..... I guess we just have to wait for 12th September!
Any idea if we can watch live streaming of the event on the Internet?
The possibilities are just too many.... iPhone, MediaCenter, touch-screen 10" ipod..... I guess we just have to wait for 12th September!
Any idea if we can watch live streaming of the event on the Internet?

Rodimus Prime
Apr 25, 01:44 AM
You're also the guy that will wreck his car because I force you to, and you're also the guy that I will then sue to pay for my deductible and any applicable medical costs. And I'm the guy that will laugh in your face and say "gonna move for me next time?" as I walk out of court and you cut me a check.
I'm sorry, but if you're the guy that goes 70mph in the fast lane and refuses to move, you are at fault for what ever I chose to dish out to you, for not having the common courtesy to move your car.
-Don
And your ethics take an even worse.
The system is clearly broken and you are living proof of it.
Heck if something like that you did that me i would use this thread as poof your actions and laugh my ass off when end up in jail.
I'm sorry, but if you're the guy that goes 70mph in the fast lane and refuses to move, you are at fault for what ever I chose to dish out to you, for not having the common courtesy to move your car.
-Don
And your ethics take an even worse.
The system is clearly broken and you are living proof of it.
Heck if something like that you did that me i would use this thread as poof your actions and laugh my ass off when end up in jail.
mclihah2
Sep 13, 06:22 AM
I ordered a black 80GB Ipod last night, after approval from the wife.
I had a bad feeling about it, and promtly cancelled this morning.
My current Ipod is a 60GB Photo, and I have been looking to upgrade to video for some time, but I can't shake the feeling that this update was very minor, with a price reduction thrown into the equation.
I reckon, macworld in January there will be the iTV (or whatever it's called), and a new 6G widescreen iPod, with a few more movie companies thrown in.
So I think I'll ride it out until then.
I had a bad feeling about it, and promtly cancelled this morning.
My current Ipod is a 60GB Photo, and I have been looking to upgrade to video for some time, but I can't shake the feeling that this update was very minor, with a price reduction thrown into the equation.
I reckon, macworld in January there will be the iTV (or whatever it's called), and a new 6G widescreen iPod, with a few more movie companies thrown in.
So I think I'll ride it out until then.
Squonk
Oct 27, 02:08 PM
I'm all for protecting the environment, but sometimes it gets out of hand. Greenpeace should be there, but it is evident that Apple is already working on being more environmentally friendly. Greenpeace should have been kicked out for violating their contract.
+1 for Apple
Yep!
+1 for Apple
Yep!
Bonte
Sep 5, 02:23 AM
I just want a cheap Mini and a way to put games in FrontRow, why not sell small games via iTunes?
firsttube
Sep 13, 09:59 PM
Here's the real iPhone:
that's a mockup by that magazine, and nice "new" headphones.
that's a mockup by that magazine, and nice "new" headphones.
iMikeT
Mar 22, 06:23 PM
The updated iMacs are said to feature Sandy Bridge and Thunderbolt as expected, but no major cosmetic changes are reported to be included.
This is a no brainer. What's the next piece of breaking news, an annual iPhone centric event in June or July? :rolleyes:
This is a no brainer. What's the next piece of breaking news, an annual iPhone centric event in June or July? :rolleyes:
WildCowboy
Aug 23, 05:15 PM
I see Apple stock going up on this news. $100 Million is getting off easy. Could have been a LOT worse.
The aftermarket response for AAPL has been negligible...down 21 cents on top of a 31 cent decline in regular trading. Creative, on the other hand, is now up 36% in after hours trading.
The aftermarket response for AAPL has been negligible...down 21 cents on top of a 31 cent decline in regular trading. Creative, on the other hand, is now up 36% in after hours trading.
bigbossbmb
Aug 28, 05:52 PM
So with all this dumping going on, Apple better have at least equal hardware. They were first out with the core 2 duo xeon and with yonah.
I don't know about woodcrest...but they were definitely not the first with yonah.
I don't know about woodcrest...but they were definitely not the first with yonah.
SC68Cal
Aug 28, 06:57 PM
They're not. You're seriously whining about "taking so long" when the first announcements came *earlier today*? Really? A "delay" of HOURS is something shareholders are going to freak out over???
Why don't you read the rest of my statement, fanboy?
If Apple announces that the new Merom laptops are available and are ready to ship that day, then it isn't a big deal.
Why don't you read the rest of my statement, fanboy?
If Apple announces that the new Merom laptops are available and are ready to ship that day, then it isn't a big deal.
Steviejobz
Apr 4, 12:02 PM
The alleged robber was gunned down by Asian scalpers ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment