richard4339
Sep 26, 11:26 AM
I hate to say this folks, but even an iPhone wouldn't be worth having to deal with Cingular's godawful service. Reception is poor in areas where it's supposed to be good and even when you have good reception, you get dropped calls due to network error/rejected/dropped. I've had Cingular for a while now, and I am preparing to drop it with eagerness, even if that means a $200 contract termination fee. I want to slug that twat who says Cingular has the least dropped calls, because it's a ********* LIE.
Verizon isn't much better. I'm wanting to switch to Sprint; their plans make the most sense. Unfortunately, their coverage areas are small.
Verizon isn't much better. I'm wanting to switch to Sprint; their plans make the most sense. Unfortunately, their coverage areas are small.
dernhelm
Sep 19, 01:35 PM
In addition, Iger said the company expects over $50 million in revenue over the first year of the program
Hmm. Lets see $1M in a week, 52 weeks in a year, yup - that's about $50M. Wow - that dude is a genius!
Hmm. Lets see $1M in a week, 52 weeks in a year, yup - that's about $50M. Wow - that dude is a genius!
EagerDragon
Sep 10, 09:32 AM
I guess Apple should'a put Conroe in the iMacs. Is there a chance this will mean Conroe will be in MacPro's?
I bet this go in the "Mac Gamer" regardless of form factor. Either the mini-tower or a revised Mac Pro enclosure.
I bet this go in the "Mac Gamer" regardless of form factor. Either the mini-tower or a revised Mac Pro enclosure.
Optimus Frag
Apr 23, 12:54 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
Aren't intel in the process on implementing Open CL?

Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini

Sony Ericsson Timescape™ lets

Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro Price

Sony Ericson Xperia - Mobile

Sony Ericsson finally

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is a

Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8

Micromax Q75 Price In

Sony Ericsson Cedar – Feature

Sony+ericsson+xperia+x8+

Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 price

Sony Ericsson W8 mobile

Sony Ericsson Announces A

Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Aren't intel in the process on implementing Open CL?
dvdhsu
Nov 17, 10:20 PM
it has a trademark. also see my previous post, and the linked tweet - apple frequently rejects apps for containing representations of iPhones (including hand drawn images that are not copyright by Apple). That's the point.
Ah, sorry. I misunderstood.
You do have to realize though, they can't haul you over to court for drawing an iPhone. All they can do is not allow your application in the App Store.
Which is a bummer, of course. Hopefully, with enough developers quitting because of the unfair limitations, Apple will realize something, and will bring light to the issue.
Ah, sorry. I misunderstood.
You do have to realize though, they can't haul you over to court for drawing an iPhone. All they can do is not allow your application in the App Store.
Which is a bummer, of course. Hopefully, with enough developers quitting because of the unfair limitations, Apple will realize something, and will bring light to the issue.
Wilz
Oct 27, 04:44 PM
hahaha, Greenpeace kicked out
I was at that expo all day today and they didn't turn up
I got free google t-shirt :)
I was at that expo all day today and they didn't turn up
I got free google t-shirt :)
kdarling
Apr 20, 09:25 AM
My favorite was a few years ago when Apple tried to stop New York (aka the Big Apple) from using this logo for their "Green New York" environmental project.
Apple claimed it would "seriously injure the reputation which it has established for its goods and services."
.
Apple claimed it would "seriously injure the reputation which it has established for its goods and services."
.
rtkane
Apr 4, 12:49 PM
Coming from a "Gun Person" (Own a HK .45 USP Tactical w/ GEMTECH Suppressor)
...the would be robbers better have been armed, to warrant the Rent-a-Cop shooting them in the head. He should be prosecuted for manslaughter if not. All this "well they had it coming" BS is totally misplaced, the man who died was a human being.
Read the article. Why do people comment when they don't even read the article?
...the would be robbers better have been armed, to warrant the Rent-a-Cop shooting them in the head. He should be prosecuted for manslaughter if not. All this "well they had it coming" BS is totally misplaced, the man who died was a human being.
Read the article. Why do people comment when they don't even read the article?
4God
Jul 14, 11:06 AM
iMac = Socket 479 (Yonah)
Conroe = Socket 775
So, no.
I thought the Yonah was Socket 775. It's not? :confused:
Conroe = Socket 775
So, no.
I thought the Yonah was Socket 775. It's not? :confused:

AtHomeBoy_2000
Sep 5, 03:22 PM
I have 3 predictions:
Movie Story
Updated Airport w/ video
One More Thing: Mac Media Center/Hub
Movie Story
Updated Airport w/ video
One More Thing: Mac Media Center/Hub
dolph0291
Mar 30, 01:18 PM
They are bothered because they want to be able to describe their app store. They want to be able to say:
"We have this thing called Marketplace. What is it? Well, it's a place where you can by apps. Think of it as a grocery store for apps. You know, an app store."
In the Windows world, it would be a Program Store. Look at any Windows computer and there's nothing called an application or an app. MS claims to have, like 95% of the desktop market. How would the gazillion Windows users out there even know what an "app" was? They've had zero exposure to it, it's a totally foreign term. Wait a minute, it's an Apple term that is coming into common usage and now MS might have to change their language to get rid of the goofy term "program", conceding defeat, so its usage must be stopped or curtailed. That's what this is really about.
"We have this thing called Marketplace. What is it? Well, it's a place where you can by apps. Think of it as a grocery store for apps. You know, an app store."
In the Windows world, it would be a Program Store. Look at any Windows computer and there's nothing called an application or an app. MS claims to have, like 95% of the desktop market. How would the gazillion Windows users out there even know what an "app" was? They've had zero exposure to it, it's a totally foreign term. Wait a minute, it's an Apple term that is coming into common usage and now MS might have to change their language to get rid of the goofy term "program", conceding defeat, so its usage must be stopped or curtailed. That's what this is really about.
Kwill
Apr 20, 10:34 AM
If I were to believe the plots, my iPad has been more places than I have taken it. It does, however, accurately present the general vicinity with larger circles.
drumrobot
May 3, 11:05 AM
what about target display mode on the 21/24" models?
There isn't a 24" model. That was discontinued years ago.
There isn't a 24" model. That was discontinued years ago.
APPLENEWBIE
Sep 8, 08:25 AM
I'm calling it now. Apple's new "media center" device will be the iPod itself. I'm thinking that Apple will release a dock well suited for high definition video output to an HD tv.
People will purchase movies on iTunes, their movies will be transfered to their iPod upon updating and then, they can take their iPod to their TV (or anybody elses) for viewing movies on the large screen.
Remember.. I called it ;)
I was just thinking something along those lines. You sit at the couch, iPod in hand. Use it as a super remote control, cycling through movies, iMovie, iTunes, quicktime content etc. With or without the TV on. iPod screen shows same thing as the tv display (control-wise). content is streamed from the media center which is nothing more than a wireless transfer device from your computer, or maybe it is all self contained content, or both. Hmmmmm.:rolleyes:
People will purchase movies on iTunes, their movies will be transfered to their iPod upon updating and then, they can take their iPod to their TV (or anybody elses) for viewing movies on the large screen.
Remember.. I called it ;)
I was just thinking something along those lines. You sit at the couch, iPod in hand. Use it as a super remote control, cycling through movies, iMovie, iTunes, quicktime content etc. With or without the TV on. iPod screen shows same thing as the tv display (control-wise). content is streamed from the media center which is nothing more than a wireless transfer device from your computer, or maybe it is all self contained content, or both. Hmmmmm.:rolleyes:
haddman
Mar 22, 01:17 PM
Balls! I just bought a new 27in iMac like 3-4 weeks ago! Oh well, I have been wanting replace my PC with a mac for like over a year, and I love it.
ju5tin81
Oct 27, 09:56 AM
By getting press coverage, by being ejected, they have got what they wanted: To raise awareness of their cause.
In addition, the british press just LOVE to bring down a sucessful person/product/brand... brace yourselves for a lot of anti-apple press, now everyone knows how un-green apple are.
I was there today, and was offered a leaflet, and an organic apple, on leaving olympia tube station. They do have a valid point...
It hurt when I saw my work arrange for a broken tangerine iMac to be taken to the tip, when Dell came personally to take their broken PC...
I love apple, they could do more than simply offer to recycle their PACKAGING! Finish the job Apple. (We pay enough for the privelige)
Edit: Apple can you also put a spell check into Safari please :)
In addition, the british press just LOVE to bring down a sucessful person/product/brand... brace yourselves for a lot of anti-apple press, now everyone knows how un-green apple are.
I was there today, and was offered a leaflet, and an organic apple, on leaving olympia tube station. They do have a valid point...
It hurt when I saw my work arrange for a broken tangerine iMac to be taken to the tip, when Dell came personally to take their broken PC...
I love apple, they could do more than simply offer to recycle their PACKAGING! Finish the job Apple. (We pay enough for the privelige)
Edit: Apple can you also put a spell check into Safari please :)
yellowballoon
Mar 29, 12:47 PM
mobile me does this, and I suspect, it will become free soon (or at least parts of it).
LOL you will not get 25 GB free from Apple, you'll be lucky if they give you 5. LOL!
LOL you will not get 25 GB free from Apple, you'll be lucky if they give you 5. LOL!
BRLawyer
Apr 28, 03:34 PM
Cheers!
Microsoft is DEAD. And so is Google.
GO APPLE!
Microsoft is DEAD. And so is Google.
GO APPLE!
stewacide
Sep 27, 12:35 AM
If I had to guess as to why Apple would go with an exclusive provider to start, I would say so as to play hardball with the network providers.
Apple doesn't want to gum their pretty phones up with provider ick-ware like other manufacturers have to (just like it didn't want to e.g. 'Intel Inside' its pretty boxes), so they make a deal whereas in exchange for initial exclusivity Cingular agrees to relent control over the phones software and services (so that it say interfaces with the iTunes store for music and tones not Cingular's store: although I'm sure the service provider will charge the full market rate for data transfer). Then when the iPhone becomes a huge hit the other providers won't have any choice if they want to get on board as well.
I don't see why Apple would start a virtual operator, because they have no interest in getting into the service provider game. They can get what they really want - an opt-out of the cruddy operator system in the US especially - through market weight alone.
Apple doesn't want to gum their pretty phones up with provider ick-ware like other manufacturers have to (just like it didn't want to e.g. 'Intel Inside' its pretty boxes), so they make a deal whereas in exchange for initial exclusivity Cingular agrees to relent control over the phones software and services (so that it say interfaces with the iTunes store for music and tones not Cingular's store: although I'm sure the service provider will charge the full market rate for data transfer). Then when the iPhone becomes a huge hit the other providers won't have any choice if they want to get on board as well.
I don't see why Apple would start a virtual operator, because they have no interest in getting into the service provider game. They can get what they really want - an opt-out of the cruddy operator system in the US especially - through market weight alone.
vrillusions
Mar 23, 04:41 PM
Funny, I just read in USA Today I beleve it was, that law enforcement officers actually prefer people use the apps...saying that even if the app alerts the driver and they change their driving habits for a short time, say, slowing them down from speeding for a few miles...it's a good thing, and they encourage it.
Besides...who the h*ll is the government to tell Apple what they can and cannot do with their business? Regulations are one thing...such as safety regs and such...those are needed, but Christ...this is over the line.
This has been reported on multiple times. Even before apps certain stretches of road are well known for the speed traps they (usually) have. The result is people always slow down (annoyingly to like 10 mph UNDER the speed limit) just in case the cop is there. Same thing with the apps. People go "Oh no! a speed trap!" and slow down. Since the purpose of the speed traps is to enforce speed limits it still works for them, they just don't get any money for the tickets.
Besides...who the h*ll is the government to tell Apple what they can and cannot do with their business? Regulations are one thing...such as safety regs and such...those are needed, but Christ...this is over the line.
This has been reported on multiple times. Even before apps certain stretches of road are well known for the speed traps they (usually) have. The result is people always slow down (annoyingly to like 10 mph UNDER the speed limit) just in case the cop is there. Same thing with the apps. People go "Oh no! a speed trap!" and slow down. Since the purpose of the speed traps is to enforce speed limits it still works for them, they just don't get any money for the tickets.
Eudall
Apr 30, 06:05 PM
that top spec 27" is never going to happen, it will have 4GB RAM and a i5 processor with BTO option of a i7
Hate to say it but IMHO you are completely wrong there. Look at the refreshed MBP and then read your statement, nearly ALL the current gen MBP have i7 processors.
Based on this I would guess that ALL iMac models will too, with the exception of the entry me el iMac.
Personally I am hoping for a decent GPU; although I'm primarily an xbox gamer I do enjoy the odd month of WoW and steam gaming.
Hate to say it but IMHO you are completely wrong there. Look at the refreshed MBP and then read your statement, nearly ALL the current gen MBP have i7 processors.
Based on this I would guess that ALL iMac models will too, with the exception of the entry me el iMac.
Personally I am hoping for a decent GPU; although I'm primarily an xbox gamer I do enjoy the odd month of WoW and steam gaming.
jwp1964
Sep 14, 08:51 AM
:eek: I just literally finished ordering a new battery and 1gb memory upgrade so my ibook would last a little longer. If they release a tablet (which is what I'm holding on for) I'll cry!
I updated my battery and added a 1gig stick a month ago...hoping for that iTablet!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
I updated my battery and added a 1gig stick a month ago...hoping for that iTablet!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
Machead III
Sep 4, 04:03 AM
Oh man, this just get's more and more confusing.
Now The Register are claiming there'll be Merom's not only in the MacBook Pro, but in the MacBook too in September.
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/08/11/apple_macbook_to_get_merom/
I wish Apple'd tell us when we'll see them at least, on the 12th, but that's not going to happen :(
Now The Register are claiming there'll be Merom's not only in the MacBook Pro, but in the MacBook too in September.
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/08/11/apple_macbook_to_get_merom/
I wish Apple'd tell us when we'll see them at least, on the 12th, but that's not going to happen :(
Satori
Apr 22, 11:22 AM
I'd be surprised to see this coming to the MBA before the iMac!
No comments:
Post a Comment