macwrangler
Apr 25, 09:24 AM
No one cares! Did you know your computer saves information about stuff you do???!!! Oh my! Now, your computer-phone saves stuff too! Exploitation!
They may as well put it on the worthless evening news...."Tonight @ 11, what could be killing you and your children...your iPhone (but not a droid)."
Shut it, please.
They may as well put it on the worthless evening news...."Tonight @ 11, what could be killing you and your children...your iPhone (but not a droid)."
Shut it, please.
fswmacguy
Mar 27, 07:46 AM
I have extremely slow DSL. There is one ISP in my area so upgrading is not an option (if it was I would have upgraded long ago). A cloud-based OS is horrifying to me. The last thing I want is for my files to transfer back and forth, slowly, to a server somewhere.
danr_97070
Jul 21, 03:05 PM
This definitely increases the chances of Apple introducing new MBPs at WWDC. Could be a huge event!
My PB is only a year and half old, but Merom-based MBPs are looking awfully tempting...
Here are my predictions for WWDC; I think it will be an amazing event!
* Quad core Woodcrest-based PowerMac. Overclocked with Intel's new

sidekick

sidekick 2011 android. tmobile

Android Sidekick

Almost everyone had a Sidekick

sidekick 2011 android. the new

-sidekick-with-android-1

The Sidekick is back in a big

sidekick 2011 android.

sidekick 2011 android. new

T-Mobile Samsung Sidekick 4G

sidekick 2011 android.

T-Mobile Sidekick Gets A New

Sidekick is back with Android

A new T-Mobile Sidekick is

T-Mobile Sidekick is coming

sidekick 2011 android. this
My PB is only a year and half old, but Merom-based MBPs are looking awfully tempting...
Here are my predictions for WWDC; I think it will be an amazing event!
* Quad core Woodcrest-based PowerMac. Overclocked with Intel's new
MacbookSwitcher
Mar 29, 03:18 PM
I agree. Given the last Ford we purchased leaked and after 6 months of trying to fix it, the Ford dealer said "well, everything leaks" and said they'd give a good deal on it to trade it in if we wanted. And the last GM we had stalled every morning when you were pulling out on to the road and the dealer said that it was "just the way the car was made," and could never fix it I wouldn't buy an American made car unless they started getting good reports both for quality upfront (they just sound cheap compared to a Honda, Mercedes, Lexus, Porsche, or Toyota) and for quality over 5-6+ years of ownership. And the previous American made cars we had were of similar low quality.
So for the last 11 years, I've been buying non-American. It is too bad, but the quality is not there. I even looked at one with a friend in November and it was the same deal.
An iPhone made in the US would be double the price due to high taxes and regulation. Quality, who knows, but the cost would be prohibitive compared to everyone else. It would be the fastest way for Apple to kill itself. If Apple *could* do it, they would, but it is impossible.
It is competition - if you can't compete on quality or price, you are out of luck. Unless you can get a handout.
Yes, clearly because labor unions ruined Ford and GM, that means ALL American products are garbage. Including Apple, Google, Oracle, Cisco, Boeing. All of them. Brilliant logic there, genius.
So for the last 11 years, I've been buying non-American. It is too bad, but the quality is not there. I even looked at one with a friend in November and it was the same deal.
An iPhone made in the US would be double the price due to high taxes and regulation. Quality, who knows, but the cost would be prohibitive compared to everyone else. It would be the fastest way for Apple to kill itself. If Apple *could* do it, they would, but it is impossible.
It is competition - if you can't compete on quality or price, you are out of luck. Unless you can get a handout.
Yes, clearly because labor unions ruined Ford and GM, that means ALL American products are garbage. Including Apple, Google, Oracle, Cisco, Boeing. All of them. Brilliant logic there, genius.
tigress666
Apr 25, 11:45 AM
The issue is more being concerned about those in abusive relationships and the like. You definitely don't want a physically abusive spouse to have access to your location information.
Wow, some one who pointed out a realistic, not paranoid theory, reason why this is not a good thing (not that I don't think some people being paranoid have a point. But I also think this scenario is a much more likely to happen reason why the info being stored on the phone unencrypted is a bad thing).
1. Apple is not tracking you until they actually make the phone send them that info.The info stays on your phone and your computer so you have control over it (well as long as it doesn't get into some one else's hands). I don't even know why this is being discussed since it's not happening.
2. I think the bigger problem is that the phone doesn't erase this info after a while and it doesn't encrypt it which makes it easier if some one takes your phone to get that info. Leaving it to issues of if people (criminals, abusive spouses, the government) steal your phone or force the info off. It makes it that much easier to them and that much more available.
Wow, some one who pointed out a realistic, not paranoid theory, reason why this is not a good thing (not that I don't think some people being paranoid have a point. But I also think this scenario is a much more likely to happen reason why the info being stored on the phone unencrypted is a bad thing).
1. Apple is not tracking you until they actually make the phone send them that info.The info stays on your phone and your computer so you have control over it (well as long as it doesn't get into some one else's hands). I don't even know why this is being discussed since it's not happening.
2. I think the bigger problem is that the phone doesn't erase this info after a while and it doesn't encrypt it which makes it easier if some one takes your phone to get that info. Leaving it to issues of if people (criminals, abusive spouses, the government) steal your phone or force the info off. It makes it that much easier to them and that much more available.
irbdavid
Nov 26, 10:46 AM
A tablet would be awesome, if it could handle a) my crappy handwriting, and b) equations and the like, since the only reason I would have to use one of these would be note-taking in lectures. AFAIK no tablet software about at the moment can do the latter.
ashrakay
Apr 5, 08:41 PM
I can understand Apple's concern here it could give the impression to an uneducated user that it is OK to jailbreak their phone since they are being encouraged to by what would seem like a legitimate source. I don't think it's much of an issue for Scion owners though as they are probably used to sub-par performance.
I doubt that's really Apple's issue. I'm sure they're more concerned about getting their 33% of everything iPhone.
Any lawyers out there? Isn't this bordering on breaking some monopolizing or anti-competition laws?
I doubt that's really Apple's issue. I'm sure they're more concerned about getting their 33% of everything iPhone.
Any lawyers out there? Isn't this bordering on breaking some monopolizing or anti-competition laws?
ciTiger
May 6, 07:44 AM
Ant there you have it folks! A new rumor theme that will last forever or until Apple changes architecture... lol
I do think that the battery would be the most to benefit from this but I don't think that it will happen any day soon. Even 13 is soon... But there might be one "new" product with it.. Maybe just one Macbook Air or something...
I do think that the battery would be the most to benefit from this but I don't think that it will happen any day soon. Even 13 is soon... But there might be one "new" product with it.. Maybe just one Macbook Air or something...
ValSalva
May 7, 12:04 PM
Could Apple be tired of offering support for MobileMe? It must be an expensive pain in the butt costing more than they make from selling it. Maybe if it were free they would drop much or all of the support leaving it to an online manual or something. It could simplify things for Apple leaving them to concentrate on more profitable areas.
ikir
May 8, 12:50 AM
They really should offer some services that Mobileme provides are part of the regular mac os experience (more specifically syncing of calendars & email, for those that dont use imap)
Seems like it should be in OSX
MobileMe contains an imap account and other service like Gmail are imap.
If you need email on more than 1 device, pop is crap anyway.
Seems like it should be in OSX
MobileMe contains an imap account and other service like Gmail are imap.
If you need email on more than 1 device, pop is crap anyway.
dgree03
Mar 29, 09:32 AM
From what I understand dropbox for starters...
Dropbox sells music and movies?
Dropbox sells music and movies?

newdeal
May 4, 02:57 PM
No thanks, that would use a bunch of my 30gb monthly limit (no other options for broadband where i live). I definately would prefer a usb stick or a dvd. At least if its download only I hope they make it easy for me to burn to a standard size disc
dukebound85
May 3, 01:36 AM
For the love of your education system, do make the switch! I'm an engineering student from Canada. So I have to learn both imperial and SI. Imperial is such a pain in the ass. The units don't mean anything and they are not made to fit with each other so you have conversions factors everywhere. Also, pound force and pound mass, WTF?
Pound force and pound mass compared to kg's and N's? really? Not that hard to grasp lol
Additionally, you would be surprised at how many engineering applications here in the US still use Imperial
Are there really any benefits to the Customary scale, or do we just perceive benefits because it's what we're used to? And if the latter is the case, why make American students learn two systems of units when one fulfills all needs?
I have to ask you, aside from base 10, what makes metric superior?
If it is to have an easier time with conversions and what not, then why would I leave a system that I am very familiar with, even if it is not base 10?
I don't believe one system is better than the other. They are just different.
Pound force and pound mass compared to kg's and N's? really? Not that hard to grasp lol
Additionally, you would be surprised at how many engineering applications here in the US still use Imperial
Are there really any benefits to the Customary scale, or do we just perceive benefits because it's what we're used to? And if the latter is the case, why make American students learn two systems of units when one fulfills all needs?
I have to ask you, aside from base 10, what makes metric superior?
If it is to have an easier time with conversions and what not, then why would I leave a system that I am very familiar with, even if it is not base 10?
I don't believe one system is better than the other. They are just different.
Dr.Gargoyle
Aug 7, 07:36 PM
After some serious thinking I have come to the conclusion that $5K for a Rev. A is a bit too much of a gamble for me, especially considering the "normal" expected Rev. A snags. I wish Apple had better quality control.
However, I might get a Rev. A MP if early adaptors doesn't report too much of glitches.
However, I might get a Rev. A MP if early adaptors doesn't report too much of glitches.
MonkeySee....
Nov 11, 09:31 AM
As a business point of view, a company will need to have some sort of AV installed as part of company policies weather its needed or not.
Popeye206
May 4, 05:26 PM
I'm guessing greedy Apple will probably keep 30% of the sales too! :rolleyes:
trip1ex
May 6, 07:19 AM
Not like they don't already have OSX running on ARM in-house.
squirrellydw
Apr 26, 03:34 PM
Of course, because Apple is making the same mistakes that let Windows get +95% market share in spite of Apple's early lead in PCs.
A "closed" eco-system has no chance against an "open" eco-system.
When will you people learn.....Apple is not about market share, they are in business to make MONEY. Yes they would like to have as much market share as they can but they make high end products and sell them at a high price. No phone or product is better than another, it's all in what YOU like. I like Apple products, I switched from MS for a reason, I liked what OSX and iLife did more than what MS offered. For me it's the best, maybe not for you. What's better a FORD or a BWM? They both get you from point A to point B one just has more style. That doesn't mean it's better, it's what YOU like.
Also both eco systems are CLOSED. Google just licenses Android out, you still have to ROOT or JAILBREAK both to add more features.
A "closed" eco-system has no chance against an "open" eco-system.
When will you people learn.....Apple is not about market share, they are in business to make MONEY. Yes they would like to have as much market share as they can but they make high end products and sell them at a high price. No phone or product is better than another, it's all in what YOU like. I like Apple products, I switched from MS for a reason, I liked what OSX and iLife did more than what MS offered. For me it's the best, maybe not for you. What's better a FORD or a BWM? They both get you from point A to point B one just has more style. That doesn't mean it's better, it's what YOU like.
Also both eco systems are CLOSED. Google just licenses Android out, you still have to ROOT or JAILBREAK both to add more features.

Tara Davis
Mar 26, 10:48 PM
Here's my beef with cloud services, as concisely as I can make it:
Data storage is cheap.
Networking (away from home) is costly.
I absolutely DO NOT want to rely on my AT&T data plan to get at stuff. Wi-fi, okay, when I'm at home, but then I might as well keep things on hard drives on the local network, rather than have to reach across the whole damn Internet via my DSL drop.
But knowing Apple, they will do it anyway and wait for all their partners' tech to catch up with theirs. :rolleyes:
Data storage is cheap.
Networking (away from home) is costly.
I absolutely DO NOT want to rely on my AT&T data plan to get at stuff. Wi-fi, okay, when I'm at home, but then I might as well keep things on hard drives on the local network, rather than have to reach across the whole damn Internet via my DSL drop.
But knowing Apple, they will do it anyway and wait for all their partners' tech to catch up with theirs. :rolleyes:
!� V �!
Apr 24, 11:01 PM
And here we go again with the whole Retina Display argument. We are all witnesses to the iPad 2. It is simply not economically feasible at the time. All this is pointing to is a screen resolution that is larger than the 30" that was discontinued or a 30" with this resolution as the 27" had taken over that space. People here jumping up and down over Retina this and that, give it a rest, by the time its actually released your eyesight will be poor enough that it might actually make a minor difference if any. ;):D
RichardBeer
Mar 30, 09:11 PM
Any word on the updated OpenGL support?
!� V �!
Apr 23, 09:35 PM
we wont see it in macs until mid 2012
I don't think you will see it period. There is really no reason for a Retina Display to be on any Mac. on an iOS device maybe considering reading iBooks and other text since screen real estate is at a premium along with balanced battery life. On a Mac not so, even a Mac portable. Doubling of.... haha seriously not required. ;):D
It is not cost effective considering the cost of the screen, power to run it and the GPU power to handle it all, considering :apple: Eco FootPrint goal. I do not see it happening. It is the resolution for an upcoming 32.5" ACD.
I don't think you will see it period. There is really no reason for a Retina Display to be on any Mac. on an iOS device maybe considering reading iBooks and other text since screen real estate is at a premium along with balanced battery life. On a Mac not so, even a Mac portable. Doubling of.... haha seriously not required. ;):D
It is not cost effective considering the cost of the screen, power to run it and the GPU power to handle it all, considering :apple: Eco FootPrint goal. I do not see it happening. It is the resolution for an upcoming 32.5" ACD.
dagamer34
Mar 30, 10:49 PM
Application Launcher - Useful for organizing apps
Versions - Useful for those who don't leave an external HDD plugged in at all times such as laptop users.
Resume - Useful when you need to restart your Mac.
Auto-save - Self explanatory.
Mission Control - Useful because you can view EVERYTHING on your Mac at a quick glance your windows, spaces, full screen apps, dashboard, etc.
Lion Server - Server functionality that wasn't there before unless you bought a server capable Mac.
Air Drop - Useful for quick file sharing.
Full screen apps - Useful when you are only doing one thing on your Mac or when you are using an app that uses a lot of real estate.
Want me to explain any more features for you?
He's talking about parts of the UI that have been taken from iOS. This is the worst example so far: http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=278968&d=1301532493
It's clearly a "form over function" fail as the words are hard to read in the buttons. At least on the iPad, they had the decency to provide some contrast by making the letters white. It's horrible looking!
Then again, it's a developer preview. But I realllly hope stuff like that doesn't stick around. It's like the translucent menu bar introduced in 10.5 which everyone complained about that didn't get fixed with an checkbox option until 10.5.2. Apple has a history of making VERY silly decisions only to give us options several months later (like iPad side switch being a lock button in 3.2, forcing it to become a mute switch in 4.2, and then FINALLY an option for either in 4.3)
Versions - Useful for those who don't leave an external HDD plugged in at all times such as laptop users.
Resume - Useful when you need to restart your Mac.
Auto-save - Self explanatory.
Mission Control - Useful because you can view EVERYTHING on your Mac at a quick glance your windows, spaces, full screen apps, dashboard, etc.
Lion Server - Server functionality that wasn't there before unless you bought a server capable Mac.
Air Drop - Useful for quick file sharing.
Full screen apps - Useful when you are only doing one thing on your Mac or when you are using an app that uses a lot of real estate.
Want me to explain any more features for you?
He's talking about parts of the UI that have been taken from iOS. This is the worst example so far: http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=278968&d=1301532493
It's clearly a "form over function" fail as the words are hard to read in the buttons. At least on the iPad, they had the decency to provide some contrast by making the letters white. It's horrible looking!
Then again, it's a developer preview. But I realllly hope stuff like that doesn't stick around. It's like the translucent menu bar introduced in 10.5 which everyone complained about that didn't get fixed with an checkbox option until 10.5.2. Apple has a history of making VERY silly decisions only to give us options several months later (like iPad side switch being a lock button in 3.2, forcing it to become a mute switch in 4.2, and then FINALLY an option for either in 4.3)
nuckinfutz
May 7, 10:44 AM
I would welcome this. I enjoyed the features during the free trial period, but couldn't justify $99 per year for it. Since then they've added Back to My Mac, the Find my iPhone feature, and improved its reliability, so I would love to have access to it again, minus the cost. On top of what I pay for cellular service, another 9 bucks a month just seemed inconvenient.
Uh $9 a month is $108 a year.
People routinely get Mobileme for roughly $70 through Amazon or less through other places like eBay.
Amazon Mobileme (http://www.amazon.com/MobileMe-Individual-Updated-2009-Version/dp/B001AMLRU4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1273246907&sr=8-1)
Hell even Apple doesn't make people pay that much.
http://www.apple.com/promo/
$30 MiR or you get Mobileme for $69 with the purchase of a new Mac.
Uh $9 a month is $108 a year.
People routinely get Mobileme for roughly $70 through Amazon or less through other places like eBay.
Amazon Mobileme (http://www.amazon.com/MobileMe-Individual-Updated-2009-Version/dp/B001AMLRU4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1273246907&sr=8-1)
Hell even Apple doesn't make people pay that much.
http://www.apple.com/promo/
$30 MiR or you get Mobileme for $69 with the purchase of a new Mac.
No comments:
Post a Comment