Sunday, May 8, 2011

sean penn and scarlett johansson

sean penn and scarlett johansson. scarlett johansson sean penn.
  • scarlett johansson sean penn.



  • DakotaGuy
    Oct 9, 10:21 AM
    The funny thing is if I had never read a message board I would have never went and looked at a PC, because I just have always bought Macs, after 4 or 5 years, just went to the dealer and picked up a new one, I never used a PC except at school, which schools stuff is always years out of date anyway, so I just figured that this is what you had to pay for a good, fast, computer that will last 4 or 5 years, I have always been comfortable and pleased with my Macs, but this next when the DV is ready to be replaced, I am going to be smarter then I used to be and not just walk into the Apple dealer and pick up a new one, I am going to shop around and see if I like these all new PC's with XP. If I can save money and end up with a much faster, easier to use computer, then I am dumb to just go Apple like I always have. I don't know a lot about this freaking processor or that floating point, gigaflop, or whatever crap, I just want to buy something that works well and is a good value and I am sorry to say, but I have been blind to PC's and I see they have came so much farther then Macs have and also Microsoft is making some excellent software now. I am sad...because I used to love my Mackie and Booker, but now I get the point how crappy they really are compared to the PC's. ;o(





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. Scarlett Johansson amp; Sean Penn
  • Scarlett Johansson amp; Sean Penn



  • whooleytoo
    Apr 28, 09:17 AM
    Make up your mind what you want to count iPads as. Damn is it a mobile device a computer. Someone give them a ****ing category already.

    Hah, exactly.

    I think it's unnecessarily divisive to argue whether or not an iPad is a "PC" or not. It's a device sold. You can count it in the "PC" category, along with Macs, or "Mobile" category, along with iPhones and MacBooks, or "Larger than pocket devices", along with Macs but excluding iPhones/iTouches.





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. Johansson dating Sean Penn
  • Johansson dating Sean Penn



  • SuperCachetes
    Mar 14, 09:14 AM
    So far, we are several days past multiple earthquakes and aftershocks, and so far there has been no nuclear disaster. That's where we are at right now. Thus, I have more confidence than ever in nuclear power as the way to go.

    ...And that would be a fine position, if vulnerability to natural disasters were the only strike against nuclear power. It isn't.

    I guess what gets to me is I know people affected by this, living in shelters right now who lost everything, including a guy who lived a mere 3 km from the Fukushima plant, so I guess I'm just thinking of all the people with much more primary needs right now that worrying about a nuclear power plant they've lived in the shadow of problem-free for 40 years.

    Not to trivialize the immediate suffering or catastrophe at all, but should a full meltdown occur at one of those reactors, I expect that it will very quickly become the "primary" issue of anyone nearby.





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. Sean Penn Scarlett Johansson
  • Sean Penn Scarlett Johansson



  • flopticalcube
    Apr 24, 12:09 PM
    And Fear.

    And an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope...






    sean penn and scarlett johansson. Scarlett Johansson. Rate It:
  • Scarlett Johansson. Rate It:



  • brianus
    Jul 12, 02:09 PM
    If they can put that BURNING G5 into iMac, why not the Conroe?
    Putting 65 W hot processor in iMac enclosure isn't that difficult.

    I'm glad somebody pointed this out. Why does everyone who says it "can't be done" or is a bad idea, putting such a chip in a little iMac case, forget that that very same case was designed for, and originally housed, a G5?

    APPLE IS USING INTEL STOCK PARTS incase you didn't know , so mixing the MacPro with Conroe/Woody would not cost a dime more. they will use a basic P965 chipset for Conroe and 5000X Chipset for Woody.

    So we might then see Conroe on the low end and Woodcrest on the high end, but they'd still all be marketed as Mac Pro (no clumsy "Mac Pro Widdle" monicker*)? Sounds about right to me and might explain the discrepancies between the AppleInsider and ThinkSecret reports. Not that I trust TS much these days, mind you.. but as others have pointed out, putting single Woodcrests on the low end simply makes no sense. Paying extra for an advantage these lower-end pro desktops would not have (namely, the possibility of multiple sockets) is not something the business I work for would be willing to consider. We don't need quad power or a ridiculous price tag, but neither will we be satisfied with a cheap "consumer" tower.


    <anal>*Which reminds me, people have got to stop calling it "MacPro" all as one word and then adding suffixies to it. It's Mac = line, Pro = modifier, just like MacBook = line, Pro = modifier or Mac = line, mini = modifier. "Mac" now means "headless desktop computer", "iMac" means all-in-one and "MacBook" means laptop. There are then modifiers separating out the different ends of those particular product lines. There is no "MacPro" line.</anal>





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. scarlett johansson sean penn
  • scarlett johansson sean penn



  • MadGoat
    Apr 24, 02:17 PM
    actually it is not the fear of Death ... many religious people do not worry when their time is done ... for them "the afterlife" trumps everything

    You just validated the original point. the fear of death is why people embrace religion to give them hope of an afterlife and immortality so that they don't have to be afraid.

    Myself, I'm not afraid of dying, it's something I cannot stop. I'm just afraid of dying too soon.





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. Scarlett Johansson amp; Sean Penn
  • Scarlett Johansson amp; Sean Penn



  • citizenzen
    Apr 23, 09:35 PM
    citizenzen, there are strong elements of faith involved...

    Yes, in theistic belief there are.

    However, the thread I was responding to specifically tried to logically deduce the existence of God.

    Had it been satisfied with basing its belief simply on faith, I'd have very little to say against it.



    Honestly, if you really believe in Christianity or any other religion you won't waste your time posting on some internet forum under anonymous names discussing things which ultimately will benefit no one save providing some cheap entertainment.

    Google Christian forums (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&qscrl=1&q=christian+forums&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=christian+foru).

    Then tell them that they're not true believers.





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. Sean Penn#39;s house,
  • Sean Penn#39;s house,



  • Moyank24
    Mar 25, 03:49 PM
    You have to prove the rights existed in the first place otherwise I could argue the government is denying my right to drive a tank



    The Catholic view does not demand the death of homosexuals, instead it seeks to change the behavior for they are lost sheep.

    Why should we have to prove that we have the right to be married? Either we all are allowed or none of us should be allowed. Why are you more important than I am? Why should you be allowed to get married and I can't?

    And your lost sheep comment is exactly what is wrong with the Catholic view. We aren't lost and we certainly don't need to change our ways based on archaic principals and hypocrisy.

    The Vatican needs to clean it's own house and stay out of mine.





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. Sean Penn and Scarlett
  • Sean Penn and Scarlett



  • dextertangocci
    Aug 29, 10:56 AM
    How can Apple be 4th lowest:eek:

    At least their products are good quality, unlike Dell's crappy computers.

    BTW, Apple was 4th lowest out of how many?





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. Sean Penn and Scarlett
  • Sean Penn and Scarlett



  • Stridder44
    Sep 20, 03:33 AM
    Look at your hard drive usage, Music takes up a significant amount of it. Why does it need to be kept on your local machine if iTV provides a network?


    Thats an interesting point. I dont know though, something makes me cringe about not having my prized music library on my own computer (fear of losing it I guess?)





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. Sean Penn Scarlett Johansson
  • Sean Penn Scarlett Johansson



  • mpstrex
    Aug 30, 10:32 AM
    And for the record, of the 12+ Apples and 3+ iPods I've owned, I've:

    1. Donated my 1994 Apple Performa (?), of which I got a lot of mileage out of, to a company that fixed it, removed my data for me, and gave the computer to women who were abused.

    2. I've sold all my other Apples to new owners who used them for school, work, etc.

    3. I have an old Power Book I sold to my old roommate, whose new roomies dropped it (and his new PC notebook, whoops), and I have it back. I may just sell it to an Apple guru who can repair and use it.

    4. My old iPod (Gen 2, 2002) is about to become a special OS X bootable disk; my wife's mini now belongs to her Dad; my other iPod (gen 3 or 4--last black and white one) my wife uses; and I love my iPod video.

    No need to throw any of it away, no need to recycle it if others can use it, and I can take the money and buy new Apples or pay some bills, etc.





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. Sean Penn Scarlett Johansson
  • Sean Penn Scarlett Johansson



  • philbeeney
    Mar 11, 02:38 PM
    Yet another one. 6.6 off the north west coast. Here's a link to the USGS website showing all the quake locations in northern Japan.

    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/10/140_40.php





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. Scarlett Johannson and Sean
  • Scarlett Johannson and Sean



  • TedIsraelson
    Oct 7, 12:47 PM
    Sounds amazing like the same business model that has been followed by the Mac. A device with OS competing against an OS that will run on many devices. Current Mac market share 5.12% current Windows 92.77% (based on numbers from Market Share) . Does anyone else see this connection?





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. Scarlett Johansson Sean Penn
  • Scarlett Johansson Sean Penn



  • DeepDish
    Aug 29, 11:22 AM
    My family, two parents and two kids, have purchased 6 ipods over the years.

    Replaced batteries on two of them.

    Never thrown any of them away.

    Still use all of them. Why would anyone throw an out dated ipod away?





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. out Sean Penn and Scarlett
  • out Sean Penn and Scarlett



  • jefhatfield
    Oct 12, 11:34 AM
    Originally posted by benixau





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. Sean Penn and Scarlett
  • Sean Penn and Scarlett



  • Bill McEnaney
    Mar 28, 12:12 PM
    And I doubt you'd say, "Hi. I'm Bill McEnaney and I'm heterosexual. Pleased to meet you."

    So I'm not sure what point you were trying to make there.
    Homosexuality is a property that Lee has, but he's not his homosexuality. I have Cerebral Palsy. But I'm not identical with it. I'm not even identical to it. The point is that each person differs from each property he has.





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. Sean Penn and Scarlett
  • Sean Penn and Scarlett



  • marmotmammal
    Apr 12, 11:06 PM
    I was just about to buy PluralEyes. Thus far, FCP X seems to be OK, whether it's a real upgrade, iMovie or whatever. 64-bit, editing while ingesting...that's kool. Just gotta wait for more info.





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. Scarlett Johansson and Sean
  • Scarlett Johansson and Sean



  • r0k
    Apr 11, 09:41 AM
    Not that this really matters much, but just for the record:

    I was one of the first to own the original iPhone and have an iPhone 4 now. I bought an iPhone 4 for my wife and an iPod Touch for my son. I got my mom an iPad and I'm about to buy one for myself. So I'm certainly not anti-Apple. I'm just not sure I see a clear advantage FOR ME to get a Mac computer over a Windows machine.

    But, who knows... maybe some day.

    We started with Windows and Linux. Windows was buggy, crashy and the opposite of trouble free while Linux "just works." I had a Palm smartphone and it worked equally well with Windows, Linux. Because I liked Linux, I decided to try OS X. I found that my Palm smartphone worked as well with OS X as it had worked with Linux. One thing I remembered through this process is that Windows phones would only work natively with Windows and I had already decided to put that OS in my rear view mirror.

    Then I got a Blackberry phone and had all kinds of sync problems. To be honest, I blame those sync problems on Apple and iSync but I knew that if I went to an iThing my sync problems would go away. Sure enough, I carried an iPod Touch and a Blackberry for about a year and my iPod Touch was always in sync but it was a knock down drag out fight to keep my BB in sync. I was relying on MobileMe to keep things in sync and the only down side is that it is a paid service versus google which is free.

    When it came time to replace my aging BB, I considered Android but settled on iPhone so I could bring all my apps and data over from my iPod Touch. Bottom line: I could have chosen to live with a multi platform environment but living in an all Apple environment has provided a flawless end to end user experience for me.

    If you like your iPhone and have a desire for an Apple computer, I can tell you the two play very well together. In fact, I can testify from experience that Apple is better at making any two Apple devices play well together than is Microsoft. Heck I remember the days when I was hosting lan parties that WinME, Win2K and WinXP couldn't see one another on a network because of incompatibilities in MS implementation of networking across the 3 OS. And these were similar devices.

    When I picked up my iPad, and later my iPhone 4, I had all my contacts and calendar on the devices before walking out of the Apple store. I was not only impressed. I was delighted and I remain delighted in the way my iThings work. I think you can get Mobile Me free on windows (buy purchasing a $99 annual subscription) but as I've never tried it, I don't know how well it works. I don't dislike Outlook but I do resent the fact that unlike Contact.app and Mail.app it is not included with the OS.

    BTW, while I've taken an "all Apple" approach, I don't think that's necessary but I do think it is better because of Apple's dedication to a quality end to end user experience.





    sean penn and scarlett johansson. Sean Penn and Scarlett
  • Sean Penn and Scarlett



  • fpnc
    Mar 18, 06:10 PM
    Okay, here are a few relevant portions from the iTunes Music Store Terms Of Service (TOS).

    Security. You understand that the Service, and products purchased through the Service, such as sound recordings and related artwork (�Products�), include a security framework using technology that protects digital information and limits your usage of Products to certain usage rules established by Apple and its licensors (�Usage Rules�). You agree to comply with such Usage Rules, as further outlined below, and you agree not to violate or attempt to violate any security components. You agree not to attempt to, or assist another person to, circumvent, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise tamper with any of the security components related to such Usage Rules for any reason whatsoever. Usage Rules may be controlled and monitored by Apple for compliance purposes, and Apple reserves the right to enforce the Usage Rules with or without notice to you. You will not access the Service by any means other than through software that is provided by Apple for accessing the Service. You shall not access or attempt to access an Account that you are not authorized to access. You agree not to modify the software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the software, for any purposes including obtaining unauthorized access to the Service. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
    and

    You agree that you will not attempt to, or encourage or assist any other person to, circumvent or modify any security technology or software that is part of the Service or used to administer the Usage Rules.
    So, basically if you use PyMusique you are in violation of the TOS and because you need an iTunes account to even make use of PyMusique, Apple will know who is trying to violate the TOS.

    Thus, as I said before, you'd have to be pretty stupid to even try and use this software.





    slu
    Sep 12, 03:31 PM
    I think Apple had to compromise to be able to get TV shows on itunes pledging not to have a pvr to networks.
    Elgato is here and they are good, so it's just a matter to buy it and use it to stream videos to your TV via ITV.

    Elgato is OK. Until it is able to change channels on my digital cable box like my TiVo can, there is no a chance in hell of me ever buying one.





    appleguy123
    Apr 22, 08:55 PM
    If you want to argue about your religion(or lack there of), it's probably better to you use this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1019714). We've covered a lot of ground there.
    This thread is about why there is a higher demographic of Atheists in this particular forum.





    Huntn
    Mar 13, 07:40 AM
    Washington Post 12Mar2011 (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/03/12/AR2011031205493.html?hpid=topnews):

    Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said radiation at the reactor exceeded legal limits and that it was "highly possible" a partial meltdown was underway.





    darkplanets
    Mar 13, 10:17 AM
    I too don't expect anything like Chernobyl. But, it doesn't help when a Government "Official" tells the media that there is nothing to worry about then another "Official" mentions that there could be a meltdown or something.

    Government officials are government officials-- they will never outright tell you the truth, because 9 times out of 10 they're uninformed about it or were told to say something they may not necessarily believe. They usually try to cover their bases-- see this way the government is covered in case something does happen.

    well flooding the inner containment vessel with seawater + added boric acid is by all means an absolute last resort option in any playbook
    (hardly a DIY solution: many reactors have the option and external connectors to do just that)
    afterall they don't even know the situation inside because the temperature sensors aren't working anymore
    also since that water can't be exchanged directly it means that they might have to cool the containment construction from the outside with additional water
    I'll definitely agree with you there; it's not ideal, but it will work. Remember that BWRs will continue to make heat post control rod insertion. Boric acid itself isn't that toxic... in fact it can be rather useful in many chemistry situations. Also, if we're talking blunt toxicity, remember you make boric acid through borax, something we use every day in detergents. The LD50 for Boric acid is actually higher than table salt, although there are some reproductive health concerns. I think the biggest problem we're seeing here was the lack of redundancy for external power supplies, and the potential lack of modern safety systems-- as per my previous post, there's supposed to be a wide range of safety measures to assure that this never happens, but due to it's age, who knows.[/quote]

    As a consequence the German government for example is already thinking about taking back their early decision to extend the use of their current nuclear plants
    This is what I dislike. Not to get all political here, but alternative energy, however nice, is nowhere even close to providing the power we need. Windmills cannot ever meet energy demand; we're talking about a 5% fill if we put them everywhere. They're also too costly at this point for their given power output. Solar energy, though promising, still has a piss poor efficiency, and thus isn't ready for prime usage for some time. There's really no other alternatives. Despite these few instances (usually caused by human error) nuclear power is actually quite safe... but most people aren't educated enough to know whats actually the deal, and instead listen to the likes of Greenpeace and so on, who coincidentally also have no idea what they're talking about. If Germany is that concerned, they should be upgrading their safety systems, not abandoning it.

    While the thread seems to be focused on the crisis at the nuclear power station, pictures are emerging showing the devastation left behind by the tsunami...

    That is far more destruction than the power station could bring.





    longstech
    Nov 12, 02:09 PM
    Now I drop calls and cannot connect to incoming calls about 60% of the time on my iphone 4...

    And when I call my wife on her 3GS its like 90% of the time failing first try.

    I live 50 yards from a brand new tower. Seems when I go to other parts of Henderson/Vegas it is not as bad...



    No comments:

    Post a Comment