KilGil27
Aug 25, 07:39 PM
just because your battery falls within a range of serial numbers doesn't mean it needs to be replaced... if it tells you your laptop qualifies but your battery doesn't, then it was only the first part of the serial number... not the whole thing
heisetax
Aug 5, 11:28 PM
Are you "meant" to keep it under your desk? Who says? I had my PowerMac on the desk until I sold it (I will be getting a Mac Pro and I hate to put it on my desk if it's meant to go under it!)
Try your tower below your chair. From there you could point a remote at the correct location. The floor seems like a good place to me. Like you I have mine on my table behind my 30" display. This leaves the computer in an easy to reach place, but it is still out of the way.
Bill the TaxMan
Try your tower below your chair. From there you could point a remote at the correct location. The floor seems like a good place to me. Like you I have mine on my table behind my 30" display. This leaves the computer in an easy to reach place, but it is still out of the way.
Bill the TaxMan

ECUpirate44
Apr 11, 11:38 AM
If the iPhone 5 has a bigger screen and 4G connectivity it will be worth it. I can't imagine Apple will release another phone with only 3G with all these Verizon 4G phones coming onto the market.
Right. If their going to wait until late summer or fall, it will surely be 4G.
Right. If their going to wait until late summer or fall, it will surely be 4G.
bigandy
Nov 29, 08:27 AM
Universal can want all they want.
Steve ain't giving up $10 to $16 million a quarter to some music bully.
My thoughts exactly. Apple would laugh this out of the building.
Steve ain't giving up $10 to $16 million a quarter to some music bully.
My thoughts exactly. Apple would laugh this out of the building.
Erasmus
Aug 5, 08:39 PM
NO iPODS OR iPHONE I DON'T CARE FOR THEM ONE JOT
Ok, Stevie J, You can introduce the Mac Pro, the new XServe, and Leopard on Monday.
But please don't deny us our new conroe iMac with x1800XT! Release it on Tuesday!!! And Merom Macbooks and Macbook Pros. You will lose too many sales and potential switchers if you wait until the end of September!
Plus I'll cry.
We beggs of you Stevie J, we wants it, we needs it, it must come to me!
The iMac Ultra is mine. My own. My precious.
Ok, Stevie J, You can introduce the Mac Pro, the new XServe, and Leopard on Monday.
But please don't deny us our new conroe iMac with x1800XT! Release it on Tuesday!!! And Merom Macbooks and Macbook Pros. You will lose too many sales and potential switchers if you wait until the end of September!
Plus I'll cry.
We beggs of you Stevie J, we wants it, we needs it, it must come to me!
The iMac Ultra is mine. My own. My precious.
TheManOfSilver
Aug 27, 08:57 PM
I think im gonna wait and buy in 2007 with leopard and iLife 07 :rolleyes:
That's my plan (if I can hold out until then) ... as much as I'm dying to get my hands on an iMac right now, having an upgraded iMac and an upgraded OS will be that much better.
That's my plan (if I can hold out until then) ... as much as I'm dying to get my hands on an iMac right now, having an upgraded iMac and an upgraded OS will be that much better.
LegendKillerUK
Apr 6, 10:54 AM
Of course we do. The integrated graphics card will perform just as poorly as every other Sandy Bridge processor because it's the same.
What do you intend to do on an Air that will require what little extra power the nvidia gfx offers over Intel. You sure as hell can't game with it.
What do you intend to do on an Air that will require what little extra power the nvidia gfx offers over Intel. You sure as hell can't game with it.
shamino
Jul 20, 05:50 PM
What? Apple*differentiates the XServes by having them 1U thick and rackmountable. One buys a rackmount server not because it's faster but because it's smaller and fits in a rack.
...
and ECC memory
and dual GigE network ports
and serial-port management capability
and Mac OS X server preloaded
and no bundled video hardware
The processor and hard drive can be identical to a G5 or Mac Pro, and neither will cut into the other's business. An Xserve makes for a lousy desktop, and a G5 tower is overpriced and not as good when used as a cluster node.
...
and ECC memory
and dual GigE network ports
and serial-port management capability
and Mac OS X server preloaded
and no bundled video hardware
The processor and hard drive can be identical to a G5 or Mac Pro, and neither will cut into the other's business. An Xserve makes for a lousy desktop, and a G5 tower is overpriced and not as good when used as a cluster node.
iLunar
Mar 31, 02:52 PM
If anything this is Google telling the manufacturers to get their crap together. All of the custom UI's need to be updates in some sort of a Google approved Roadmap.
IE: Google releases Android 2.3.3. All manufacturers have X amount of time to port their Custom UI's (HTC Sense, TouchWiz, etc.). What this will do is take the pressure off of the "fragmentation" of Android and place it in the hands of the real culprits... the manufactures, HTC, Samsung, et al.
But I thought customization was the reason that so many people liked Android? All I ever hear about is custom wallpapers, custom themes, custom ringtones, custom grids, custom flash, custom this and that etc etc, and that the user is given a choice unlike with iOS.
It sounds like Google is now finding that to be problematic.
IE: Google releases Android 2.3.3. All manufacturers have X amount of time to port their Custom UI's (HTC Sense, TouchWiz, etc.). What this will do is take the pressure off of the "fragmentation" of Android and place it in the hands of the real culprits... the manufactures, HTC, Samsung, et al.
But I thought customization was the reason that so many people liked Android? All I ever hear about is custom wallpapers, custom themes, custom ringtones, custom grids, custom flash, custom this and that etc etc, and that the user is given a choice unlike with iOS.
It sounds like Google is now finding that to be problematic.
Butters
Aug 11, 10:29 AM
I don't really want an iphone, I'd rather have an ipod with ichat/isight tbh
asphalt-proof
Aug 11, 02:45 PM
I really want Apple to make an iPhone and have it available by Christmas. I am so ready to dump my Treo. My question is, will it be MS exchange compatible (this is assuming its a PDA phone.) The work-world is addicted to Exchange and it would make sense to have it compatible. Oh well, if wishes were fishes....
poppe
Jul 14, 02:43 PM
Kind of a week video card isn't it? I dont know much about Vcards... but feels week. Perhaps its real nice though
macman312
Apr 11, 06:57 PM
My 3Gs contract ends in June and Apple will be pushing it's luck for me to go half a year without me being tempted to jump platforms instead of waiting for the iPhone 5.
Hopefully apple will announce the iphone 5 in june but say something like "due to the disasters in japan they won't be available till september" and I agree with you that there is a new desire hd 2 coming out tomorrow/today(tuesday).
I too end my contract in june and hope that as long as they announce it that my teleco company will have a list of people who want to wait for a few months for the iphone5 . These rumours may be incorrect also.
Hopefully apple will announce the iphone 5 in june but say something like "due to the disasters in japan they won't be available till september" and I agree with you that there is a new desire hd 2 coming out tomorrow/today(tuesday).
I too end my contract in june and hope that as long as they announce it that my teleco company will have a list of people who want to wait for a few months for the iphone5 . These rumours may be incorrect also.
Hastings101
Apr 6, 03:26 PM
did you feel dorky typing XOOM so many times. I would, because its dorky. It's the same reasons that everything in "Xenon: Girl of the 21st Century" was dorky
Don't you dare insult Zenon. Those were the best preteen made for tv disney movies ever. :mad::mad::mad:
Don't you dare insult Zenon. Those were the best preteen made for tv disney movies ever. :mad::mad::mad:
hobo.hopkins
Apr 25, 01:50 PM
"a perfect storm", "overreaction", "typical for the us to sue.."
... sorry, but in what ways do I benefit by having apple track my whereabouts to the day and meter? why isn't there an opt-in (apart from the general 'eat **** or die' TOU) or at least an opt-out for this? why is it so easy to access the data?
... apple deserves to get a beating for this.
they're known for focussing on the user in terms of design and UI of theirdevices... they should also make the step to focus on their users best interest in terms of privacy and freedom, rather than their own greed.
You're right in asking why there isn't a way to opt-out of the collection or clear your past history more easily. To say that it is an invasion of privacy is just false, however, because the information remains private. Only those with access to your phone or computer can see the information.
... sorry, but in what ways do I benefit by having apple track my whereabouts to the day and meter? why isn't there an opt-in (apart from the general 'eat **** or die' TOU) or at least an opt-out for this? why is it so easy to access the data?
... apple deserves to get a beating for this.
they're known for focussing on the user in terms of design and UI of theirdevices... they should also make the step to focus on their users best interest in terms of privacy and freedom, rather than their own greed.
You're right in asking why there isn't a way to opt-out of the collection or clear your past history more easily. To say that it is an invasion of privacy is just false, however, because the information remains private. Only those with access to your phone or computer can see the information.

Reach
Sep 19, 08:04 AM
Its all pointless as the same people will start up again with the next technology advances as soon as the Macbook range is updated with Merom.
Don't you get that it's special with a Rev.B, at least that's how I view a Merom version, of Macbook Pro.
When using machines for professional reasons it's no good jumping on the first machines, and seeing what happened I'm glad I didn't buy the first Macbook Pro's. And there are a lot of people that have thought this way I believe, so this is a special update that a lot of professional users have been waiting for. By all means, they may have fixed the current Macbook Pro's a long time ago, but when I'm finally going to upgrade form my Powerbook G4 now, I'd be stupid to buy something that would be old in 1 week.
And now I won't be bitching about anything in 2-3 years time, as I got what I need when I buy a Merom Macbook Pro. I've had Macs for 16 years now, and never been nagging on an update like I am now, so it's not all the same every time something new comes. At least not for a lot of us.
Don't you get that it's special with a Rev.B, at least that's how I view a Merom version, of Macbook Pro.
When using machines for professional reasons it's no good jumping on the first machines, and seeing what happened I'm glad I didn't buy the first Macbook Pro's. And there are a lot of people that have thought this way I believe, so this is a special update that a lot of professional users have been waiting for. By all means, they may have fixed the current Macbook Pro's a long time ago, but when I'm finally going to upgrade form my Powerbook G4 now, I'd be stupid to buy something that would be old in 1 week.
And now I won't be bitching about anything in 2-3 years time, as I got what I need when I buy a Merom Macbook Pro. I've had Macs for 16 years now, and never been nagging on an update like I am now, so it's not all the same every time something new comes. At least not for a lot of us.
rdowns
Mar 24, 12:52 PM
Where does race come into this? I don't ask rhetorically. I may have missed it.
I believe a lot of the anti-Obama crap spewed by the Tea Party and Republicans is based more on his race than his party.
I believe a lot of the anti-Obama crap spewed by the Tea Party and Republicans is based more on his race than his party.
twoodcc
Nov 28, 08:17 PM
Won't happen.
yeah, i hope you're right. just doesn't seem right
yeah, i hope you're right. just doesn't seem right
britishempire
Aug 7, 03:31 PM
Looks very nice. Spaces will become a "how did we live without this?" feature as expose already has.
Does anyone know when we can expect a video of the WWDC to be uploaded??:confused:
Does anyone know when we can expect a video of the WWDC to be uploaded??:confused:
KnightWRX
Apr 20, 10:50 AM
I think Apple might have much better luck showing that the Galaxy phone shape greatly resembles the 3GS.
Depends on which model. The AT&T/Rogers Galaxy S Captivate hardly ressembles the iPhone :
http://www.droiddog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/att-samsung-captivate-photo-1.jpg
I'm also hard-pressed to see how the Nexus S comes even close :
http://blog.eches.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/samsung-nexus-s.jpg
Let's not even go there with the Epic 4G :
http://handies.phandroid.com/media/samsung-epic-4g-1288875927-196.jpg
Yet they are all included in the complaint...
Depends on which model. The AT&T/Rogers Galaxy S Captivate hardly ressembles the iPhone :
http://www.droiddog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/att-samsung-captivate-photo-1.jpg
I'm also hard-pressed to see how the Nexus S comes even close :
http://blog.eches.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/samsung-nexus-s.jpg
Let's not even go there with the Epic 4G :
http://handies.phandroid.com/media/samsung-epic-4g-1288875927-196.jpg
Yet they are all included in the complaint...
QCassidy352
Aug 15, 01:12 PM
oh WOW. Considering that a single 1.67 G4 beats a dual 2.0 core duo in photoshop when the core duo has to use rosetta, the fact that the xeon is nearly even is amazing. That thing is going to be amazing when CS3 comes out! :eek:
iliketyla
Mar 31, 08:46 PM
This is where the Android "community" is going to split.
The ones we've heard from today don't give a crap about "open" or "closed" or Google or anything else other than the fact that Android is not Apple and is stealing some sales from Apple. They'll defend whatever Google does, because all they want is a platform that's not by Apple to take over the mobile space.
The true believers in the "open" propaganda, as ridiculous as it is and as untrue as it's always been, are probably still in a state of shock. By tomorrow they'll split into two warring camps. One will defend everything Google does because they perceive—wrongly of course—that Android is still in some indefinable way more open than iOS, and they'll blow that little invisible kernel of "openness" up until that's all they can see.
The other camp will be viciously angry at Google's betrayal of the True Religion™ and will be flailing around for some other messiah to deliver them from the "Walled Garden" of Apple and now, Android. These are the people who were saying the other day that "Motorola could rot" with their own OS.
Any suggestions on who the zealots will turn to in their hour of despair? I honestly can't think of a candidate, but then I'm not nuts—at least not that way.
Yeah! That's what'll happen!
Or they'll do further research and realize that the implications in this SINGLE ARTICLE might not be 100% true.
To the everyday user this means NOTHING as they have no knowledge of what open truly means, and therefore can't take advantage of it.
To the users who actually have the knowhow to utilize open source operating systems, this might mean a minor hinderance, but not a complete game changer.
And for clarification, the former is the vast majority.
Did no one notice the obvious bias in this article? It's slanted, and the author clearly thinks that Google has been wrong this entire time.
The ones we've heard from today don't give a crap about "open" or "closed" or Google or anything else other than the fact that Android is not Apple and is stealing some sales from Apple. They'll defend whatever Google does, because all they want is a platform that's not by Apple to take over the mobile space.
The true believers in the "open" propaganda, as ridiculous as it is and as untrue as it's always been, are probably still in a state of shock. By tomorrow they'll split into two warring camps. One will defend everything Google does because they perceive—wrongly of course—that Android is still in some indefinable way more open than iOS, and they'll blow that little invisible kernel of "openness" up until that's all they can see.
The other camp will be viciously angry at Google's betrayal of the True Religion™ and will be flailing around for some other messiah to deliver them from the "Walled Garden" of Apple and now, Android. These are the people who were saying the other day that "Motorola could rot" with their own OS.
Any suggestions on who the zealots will turn to in their hour of despair? I honestly can't think of a candidate, but then I'm not nuts—at least not that way.
Yeah! That's what'll happen!
Or they'll do further research and realize that the implications in this SINGLE ARTICLE might not be 100% true.
To the everyday user this means NOTHING as they have no knowledge of what open truly means, and therefore can't take advantage of it.
To the users who actually have the knowhow to utilize open source operating systems, this might mean a minor hinderance, but not a complete game changer.
And for clarification, the former is the vast majority.
Did no one notice the obvious bias in this article? It's slanted, and the author clearly thinks that Google has been wrong this entire time.
ugp
Jun 22, 12:23 PM
I am in Inverness, FL.
I have 3 stores in my County and only 2 of them received phones. The store I reserved mine at did not get any. But they issued the most PINs.
Citrus County and North is my District area.
As I am not an employee there anymore I cannot check stock myself.
I will see if my buddy can pull a Regional View and Print it out.
EDIT:
The Region (Region 2) is getting 139. Every District is getting phones. Lowests being 4 and the highest being 29.
ALSO Note, This is what Stores are receiving right now. There is no word until tonight if more will be coming in tomorrow. I will keep you all posted.
The Region consists of all of Florida and Georgia.
I have 3 stores in my County and only 2 of them received phones. The store I reserved mine at did not get any. But they issued the most PINs.
Citrus County and North is my District area.
As I am not an employee there anymore I cannot check stock myself.
I will see if my buddy can pull a Regional View and Print it out.
EDIT:
The Region (Region 2) is getting 139. Every District is getting phones. Lowests being 4 and the highest being 29.
ALSO Note, This is what Stores are receiving right now. There is no word until tonight if more will be coming in tomorrow. I will keep you all posted.
The Region consists of all of Florida and Georgia.
mamouneyya
Mar 31, 03:08 PM
Hahahahahaha! Go to the hell!
:apple: iOS for ever :apple:
:D:D
:apple: iOS for ever :apple:
:D:D
No comments:
Post a Comment