NebulaClash
Apr 27, 10:08 AM
Really? The posters on here that say there was no issue are correct?
I guess Apple fixing certain bugs related to this is whimtime.
I guess it's all a matter of what part of the issue you deem important. The tracking, the retention or the ability to opt out
Yes, the Apple fans were more correct than the anti-Apple folks. What we heard over the last week is that your personal data was being sent to Apple (it wasn't), that Apple is evil (it isn't), that Steve Jobs is lying (he isn't).
Strip away the hyperbole and you have a bug that is going to be fixed, data that is anonymized and not trackable to you unless you physically possess someone's Mac, and a story that made news last year and should never have gotten so big this time around. So yes, the Apple fans were more correct while the hype machine was wrong (as usual).
I guess Apple fixing certain bugs related to this is whimtime.
I guess it's all a matter of what part of the issue you deem important. The tracking, the retention or the ability to opt out
Yes, the Apple fans were more correct than the anti-Apple folks. What we heard over the last week is that your personal data was being sent to Apple (it wasn't), that Apple is evil (it isn't), that Steve Jobs is lying (he isn't).
Strip away the hyperbole and you have a bug that is going to be fixed, data that is anonymized and not trackable to you unless you physically possess someone's Mac, and a story that made news last year and should never have gotten so big this time around. So yes, the Apple fans were more correct while the hype machine was wrong (as usual).
dethmaShine
Apr 12, 03:07 PM
What's the UK time?

SiliconAddict
Jul 27, 03:25 PM
Rule 1 of Apple Events:
You never get all the marbles.
Too be fair Apple has never been given all the marbles, from moto, to hand out in the first place. This is new for them.
You never get all the marbles.
Too be fair Apple has never been given all the marbles, from moto, to hand out in the first place. This is new for them.
Gatesbasher
Apr 6, 04:18 PM
Link? Wasn't there the whole story a month or two ago that the actual number of Galaxy Tabs delivered to customers was much less than had been reported. How can this cause a 30% reduction in market share when the HIGH number of Galaxy Tabs was < 10% the number of iPads?
B
He's still using that 2,000,000 Tabs "shipped", adding it to iPads sold in the same period, and finding the Tab's number is 30% of the total. Very..."smooth", could I say?
B
He's still using that 2,000,000 Tabs "shipped", adding it to iPads sold in the same period, and finding the Tab's number is 30% of the total. Very..."smooth", could I say?
OSXconvert
Aug 17, 03:32 PM
It will be exactly 25% faster in UB photoshop. How do I know? I tested in photoshop 7.01 in OS X and in XP on the mac pro. XP test was 25% faster. There you go.
Macenforcer, that's a good estimate based on PS7, but we have no idea how much Adobe will optimize the code in CS3.
The thing that makes the Mac vs PC battle so interesting now is that the hardware is essentially the same. So the differences will come down to the hardware drivers and the software and OS optimizations. Though I'd love to see Adobe preferentially optimize the UB code for CS3, I doubt they will financially risk it being much better than Windows. As much as I love the OSX interface better than Windows, I suspect that the deeper pockets of Microsoft will be able to ensure that Vista and CS3 remain neck and neck competitive if not superior in pure performance to Leopard and CS3. Before, when Apple had Motorola's and IBM's chips, things like vector processing speed shone on the Mac, but now the playing field is totally level.
Though it was a smart move to increase marketshare when Apple switched to Intel, it may actually hurt the high-end pro market because all pro machines will be running on the best Intel processors. Choosing, say AMD, over Intel might have been a wiser choice: Apple would have gotten PC compatibility with the possibility of increased performance or Mac customization which would have made the pro machines really scream compared to Windows.
From now on, whatever processor Apple has, Windows has, and the differences will come down mostly on the OS. I do have to tip my hat to Apple for developing BootCamp, because now we as Apple users get the best of both worlds.
Macenforcer, that's a good estimate based on PS7, but we have no idea how much Adobe will optimize the code in CS3.
The thing that makes the Mac vs PC battle so interesting now is that the hardware is essentially the same. So the differences will come down to the hardware drivers and the software and OS optimizations. Though I'd love to see Adobe preferentially optimize the UB code for CS3, I doubt they will financially risk it being much better than Windows. As much as I love the OSX interface better than Windows, I suspect that the deeper pockets of Microsoft will be able to ensure that Vista and CS3 remain neck and neck competitive if not superior in pure performance to Leopard and CS3. Before, when Apple had Motorola's and IBM's chips, things like vector processing speed shone on the Mac, but now the playing field is totally level.
Though it was a smart move to increase marketshare when Apple switched to Intel, it may actually hurt the high-end pro market because all pro machines will be running on the best Intel processors. Choosing, say AMD, over Intel might have been a wiser choice: Apple would have gotten PC compatibility with the possibility of increased performance or Mac customization which would have made the pro machines really scream compared to Windows.
From now on, whatever processor Apple has, Windows has, and the differences will come down mostly on the OS. I do have to tip my hat to Apple for developing BootCamp, because now we as Apple users get the best of both worlds.
DoFoT9
Aug 8, 04:47 AM
i am looking forward to this game. i will be getting the US version though. i haven't pre-ordered or anything, but i still might
me too!! i am So excited! i wont pre order or anything, might save for a steering wheel though. :)
me too!! i am So excited! i wont pre order or anything, might save for a steering wheel though. :)
berkleeboy210
Jul 28, 07:43 AM
Looking forward to WWDC! Unfortunately I'll be returning home on a plane while the Keynote is going on.
At MacWorld when Steve announced the MacBook Pro's I literally fell off a chair. Here's hoping that the Plane won't do the same thing if the Pilot's are Mac Nuts! :D
At MacWorld when Steve announced the MacBook Pro's I literally fell off a chair. Here's hoping that the Plane won't do the same thing if the Pilot's are Mac Nuts! :D
mdelvecchio
Mar 31, 03:56 PM
Keep in mind that Google tightening up Android and forcing handset makers to adhere to certain guidelines is primarily a problem for the *handset makers* and carriers--but not consumers.
not when Google blocks handset makers from releasing innovations that would be good for consumers but bad for google. they may have tried to do such strong-arming -- a geo-services company claims it was shut-out by the makers due to google not wanting makers to license optional alternatives to google services.
not when Google blocks handset makers from releasing innovations that would be good for consumers but bad for google. they may have tried to do such strong-arming -- a geo-services company claims it was shut-out by the makers due to google not wanting makers to license optional alternatives to google services.
leekohler
Feb 28, 06:16 PM
Lee, I agree with you about what you say, but he clearly did say that this was only his opinion. People are allowed that, even if it is hateful and exclusionist.
Where did I say he could not have an opinion? All I said was that his opinion should have no bearing on my life.
Where did I say he could not have an opinion? All I said was that his opinion should have no bearing on my life.
claus1225
Mar 31, 05:44 PM
I personally don't believe in "open source code". Seriously, what is the % of population who can understand and take the time to tweak the source code for an OS?

thatisme
Apr 27, 08:43 AM
No it's not.
And I think MOST people aren't blowing anything out of proportion. Being concerned about tracking information/privacy issues is important. Most people (stop generalizing just because some on this board are) are NOT over-reacting but were calling for deeper investigation into the issue.
Pot, meet kettle.
And I think MOST people aren't blowing anything out of proportion. Being concerned about tracking information/privacy issues is important. Most people (stop generalizing just because some on this board are) are NOT over-reacting but were calling for deeper investigation into the issue.
Pot, meet kettle.

Eidorian
Sep 13, 08:17 AM
DAMN :eek:
so 2-3 years from now are people going to be asking "why am I stuck with dual core in my macbook?" oh yeah I'll mostly be surfing the web and maybe editing a photo once and a while" :rolleyes:Fixed
so 2-3 years from now are people going to be asking "why am I stuck with dual core in my macbook?" oh yeah I'll mostly be surfing the web and maybe editing a photo once and a while" :rolleyes:Fixed
Stridder44
Apr 25, 03:40 PM
Wow, ignorance is bliss I guess. These idiots are going to sue Google next, right? Because if they think iOS is bad about tracking people, they're going to lose their s--t when they see what Android does.
ergle2
Sep 14, 11:29 PM
It is a shame, but sadly those are the real cheap chips right now. The good news is that they'll change those over soon enough with more Allendales, then millville and so on and so on taking on more segments of the market.
I think as they transition to 45nm we'll see more and more Core chips, simply because they'll want as much manufacturing to be on the new process as possible, and they don't need to scale the D's etc. down to it.
Indeed. The Netburst chicken has been decapitated, it just hasn't yet stopped running around the marketplace...
I think Intel wants the transition to go as quickly as possible, given the aggressive pricing of Core 2 - not as cheap as Pentium D, but a much better bang for the buck, so to speak. Of course, that's also connected to trying to beat back the AMD surge of recent years...
I think as they transition to 45nm we'll see more and more Core chips, simply because they'll want as much manufacturing to be on the new process as possible, and they don't need to scale the D's etc. down to it.
Indeed. The Netburst chicken has been decapitated, it just hasn't yet stopped running around the marketplace...
I think Intel wants the transition to go as quickly as possible, given the aggressive pricing of Core 2 - not as cheap as Pentium D, but a much better bang for the buck, so to speak. Of course, that's also connected to trying to beat back the AMD surge of recent years...
081440
Aug 18, 08:31 PM
My Pro now starts 10.4.7 in less than 5 seconds!
NO WAY!! that would be awesome
NO WAY!! that would be awesome
zioxide
Apr 27, 09:54 AM
Trump is a fat old bald piece of **** and should stick to his Miss America pageants.
The racism still in this country is astounding, these people should at least stop being pussies and at least just admit they are racist.
It baffles me that someone who has a US Passport, security clearance, was a Senator and is now the President, would somehow avoid all background investigations by various departments in the US Government. He must have a lot of connections.
It baffles me that someone would actually think the US government would allow someone to run for senator or president without checking their background. That is STEP ONE of the process of becoming a candidate. Anyone who believes that the "government didn't check" or that "Obama isn't a natural citizen" is just full of **** and probably a closet racist at this point.
The racism still in this country is astounding, these people should at least stop being pussies and at least just admit they are racist.
It baffles me that someone who has a US Passport, security clearance, was a Senator and is now the President, would somehow avoid all background investigations by various departments in the US Government. He must have a lot of connections.
It baffles me that someone would actually think the US government would allow someone to run for senator or president without checking their background. That is STEP ONE of the process of becoming a candidate. Anyone who believes that the "government didn't check" or that "Obama isn't a natural citizen" is just full of **** and probably a closet racist at this point.
joepunk
Apr 27, 10:33 AM
Scheisse (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/27/obamas-long-form-birth-certificate-released/?hp)
Mr. Trump claimed credit for forcing Mr. Obama’s hand, saying that “I feel I’ve accomplished something really, really important.” But he said the document released Wednesday would have to be examined for authenticity.
On one hand I think releasing the full certificate should not have happened at this point in time as the dumb ass in the quote above is trying to take credit for forcing the release and only stupid, crazy, and racist people were asking birther questions. And now they all look sane and can claim sanity.
But, now that this long form certificate is out the President can say "Here is what you wanted and now can we move on with business" and if the birthers still question the certificate the President can show, point and claim that it was settled long ago.
Mr. Trump claimed credit for forcing Mr. Obama’s hand, saying that “I feel I’ve accomplished something really, really important.” But he said the document released Wednesday would have to be examined for authenticity.
On one hand I think releasing the full certificate should not have happened at this point in time as the dumb ass in the quote above is trying to take credit for forcing the release and only stupid, crazy, and racist people were asking birther questions. And now they all look sane and can claim sanity.
But, now that this long form certificate is out the President can say "Here is what you wanted and now can we move on with business" and if the birthers still question the certificate the President can show, point and claim that it was settled long ago.
appleguy123
Feb 28, 07:39 PM
They still can not have valid sacramental marriage
Fornication doesn't matter if the person doesn't care about the religious connotations of marriage
Greek culture also endorsed pederasty!
You do realize that the Church did what doctors said to right? They followed the medical professional advice that after treatment they were harmless and could go back.
Now priests can't even defend themselves, now it is guilty until proven innocent, also you don't get a trial to prove the innocence!
Do you not think that the priests should be jailed for raping children?
Crimes against children are usually seen badly in the public eye. The priests should not be an exception.
Fornication doesn't matter if the person doesn't care about the religious connotations of marriage
Greek culture also endorsed pederasty!
You do realize that the Church did what doctors said to right? They followed the medical professional advice that after treatment they were harmless and could go back.
Now priests can't even defend themselves, now it is guilty until proven innocent, also you don't get a trial to prove the innocence!
Do you not think that the priests should be jailed for raping children?
Crimes against children are usually seen badly in the public eye. The priests should not be an exception.
dukebound85
Dec 7, 05:07 PM
would those that have played this game reccomend getting it? or are there too many cons (standard cars, multiple versions of one car, bad AI in racing, bad physics in damage esp with standard, etc) that would lead to buyers remorse?
Keep in mind, I have played quite abit of Forza, but now have a PS3 and want agood racing sim but just keep hearing bad things about this game (largely being an incomplete game)
Keep in mind, I have played quite abit of Forza, but now have a PS3 and want agood racing sim but just keep hearing bad things about this game (largely being an incomplete game)
Benjamins
Mar 31, 02:43 PM
You could say the same thing about Apple though. The Apple fad will go away and the extremely closed ecosystem which seems to not be really developing much in terms of UI or having an actual roadmap could end iOS.
I don't understand why people can't just see the pros and cons of both and accept both are great platforms. Its always a WAR with Apple fans. Apple against EVERYONE!
If Apple FAD goes away, where will Google copy from next?
You are delusional if you think Google is not building upon the Apple FAD.
I don't understand why people can't just see the pros and cons of both and accept both are great platforms. Its always a WAR with Apple fans. Apple against EVERYONE!
If Apple FAD goes away, where will Google copy from next?
You are delusional if you think Google is not building upon the Apple FAD.
Macnoviz
Apr 12, 10:57 AM
So the presentation should be in about 10 hours?
Has any one heard of live coverage? A livestream will probably be too much to ask, but maybe one of the tech blogs is doing a text/photo update.
Has any one heard of live coverage? A livestream will probably be too much to ask, but maybe one of the tech blogs is doing a text/photo update.
KingYaba
Aug 27, 10:45 AM
Maybe an x1800. We all just have to wait and see. :)
caspersoong
Apr 7, 07:14 AM
I might get it if it gets better graphics...
Consultant
Mar 25, 10:44 PM
So is there real resolution independence or just a x2 mode?
No comments:
Post a Comment