MacLawyer
May 4, 03:10 PM
I'm guessing DVDs or USB keys will be around for awhile for the big things like a major OS upgrade, Office, Creative Suite.
Lepton
Nov 26, 05:22 PM
Listen my children. Take a Sony PSP. Chop off the two ends with the game controls, leaving just the screen. This is the form factor. Remove the Sony drive put in a hard disk and infrared port and touch sensitivity. Leave the WiFi, removable rechargable battery, USB 2, headphone.
This is pocketable. It runs OSX. It is 'the' video iPod. It is a smart remote. It is an Apple Remote Desktop device that can control ANY Mac over WiFi or the Internet from anywhere.
Now add quad GSM and you have the Apple iPhone. I'm tellin' ya. $500.
And, Apple becomes a cellular carrier using that huge enormous data center they just bought. The phone works on any carrier but with Apple yoiu get all you can eat high speed Internet, perfect iSync, music/video downloads/purchase, ARD and so on.
This is pocketable. It runs OSX. It is 'the' video iPod. It is a smart remote. It is an Apple Remote Desktop device that can control ANY Mac over WiFi or the Internet from anywhere.
Now add quad GSM and you have the Apple iPhone. I'm tellin' ya. $500.
And, Apple becomes a cellular carrier using that huge enormous data center they just bought. The phone works on any carrier but with Apple yoiu get all you can eat high speed Internet, perfect iSync, music/video downloads/purchase, ARD and so on.
Cougarcat
Mar 30, 08:48 PM
I still can't remove Launchpad on mine >.< Did you update via Software Update or reinstall the new build? I updated via Software Update to build 2.
Software Update doesn't install the new build, you have to install the SU patch and then get the update from the App Store.
Software Update doesn't install the new build, you have to install the SU patch and then get the update from the App Store.
iGary
Sep 11, 08:02 AM
I told Rob about the event yesterday...
"Great, all we need is another iPod." :rolleyes:
"Great, all we need is another iPod." :rolleyes:
citizenzen
Apr 14, 01:48 PM
This sewing circle uses sarcasm time-to-time.
Well then ... sorry for the unwarranted needling. ;)
Well then ... sorry for the unwarranted needling. ;)
opeter
May 6, 02:53 AM
Actually you all forget something: Windows 8 (or whatever it will be) is being made for ARM too ... :)

adbe
Mar 26, 10:31 PM
For anyone thinking Apple will release a new iPad in the fall... don't bet on it. The last two releases have shown that it takes AT LEAST several months before supply is able to adequately meet demand--especially when you look at it from a worldwide perspective. Do you really think they'd risk a shortage during the holiday season? Not a chance.
What if the 3 was pitched as a new tier, rather than a replacement? A retina class screen would probably still squash the margins to levels unacceptable to Apple. If they could simply sell the device for a higher price point, or slightly drop the iPad2s price point, then there's no real shortage risk.
What if the 3 was pitched as a new tier, rather than a replacement? A retina class screen would probably still squash the margins to levels unacceptable to Apple. If they could simply sell the device for a higher price point, or slightly drop the iPad2s price point, then there's no real shortage risk.
WildCowboy
Aug 4, 04:05 PM
You know, considering that Sony has been able to cram a DL drive in something as tiny as the TX series (not to mention the SZ series), I'm not sure why Apple couldn't do something similar with the 15" MBP.
Because the TX is thicker than the MBP...at least in the area of the optical drive. (Sony likes to use the tapered design that's thinner toward front edge and thicker near the back edge...it's always looked weird to me.)
Because the TX is thicker than the MBP...at least in the area of the optical drive. (Sony likes to use the tapered design that's thinner toward front edge and thicker near the back edge...it's always looked weird to me.)
BlizzardBomb
Jul 22, 05:42 AM
Isn't the Conroe cheaper than the mobility line of chips? Plus they deliver a lot more performance too!
Yes and yes.
Yes and yes.
zap2
Mar 29, 04:34 PM
Plus there is a plethora of unknown pollution aspects of producing tech products. Tree hugger's would freak
Very true sir.
Do you two have any hard data to suggest this is actually true in this case? Considering this company is planning to expand to the US and China, what evidence do you have suggest that its dangerous?
Very true sir.
Do you two have any hard data to suggest this is actually true in this case? Considering this company is planning to expand to the US and China, what evidence do you have suggest that its dangerous?
MacRumors
May 4, 02:41 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/05/04/apple-targeting-mac-app-store-as-preferred-mac-os-x-lion-distribution-mechanism/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/05/04/154012-lion_mac_app_store.jpg

Cute Prom Updo Hairstyle for

Prom hairstyles for long hair

prom updos for long hair

prom hairstyles for long hair

Updos For Long Hair

prom hairstyles updos. prom

long hair updos prom.

Pictures Prom Updos Long Hair
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/05/04/154012-lion_mac_app_store.jpg
aliveandknowsit
Apr 26, 03:54 PM
I've watched Apple go from "outsider" to The Big Heavy in The Room, innovating about as quickly as a battleship takes to turn around, focusing on beauty, beauty, beauty as Android allowed its system to be used in some butt-ugly phones that -- hey! -- actually seemed to work pretty well, to the point where they are refined to become exciting looking, versatile systems that JUST GET THINGS DONE. The iPhone has become a Thin Fashion Model, and we are all just paparazzi awaiting her entrance/exit at Cannes each year (San Francisco). I've had it, and will be happy to pick up a great Android system phone this year on Verizon. (Oh yes, and MobileMe was a total bust; after upgrading it wouldn't pick up my contacts anymore....)
wyatt23
Jul 30, 11:54 AM
well i hate brag, but i already have the apple cell phone.
macbook + skype :D
the full qwerty keypad is really what sold me.
macbook + skype :D
the full qwerty keypad is really what sold me.
manu chao
Jul 30, 12:20 PM
It's true...but I don't see it changing anytime soon. Americans are used to getting free or cheap phones when they sign up for a carrier contract. The carriers subsidize the cost so that expensive phones can be had for <$200. They RARELY pay full retail price ($300-$700) on a phone...mainly only when they break theirs and still have time on their contract. The way I understand it, the rest of the world pays full retail everytime they want a new phone. Is this right?
In Europe, it is pretty much the same as in the US, most people get their cell phone with a contract.
In Europe, it is pretty much the same as in the US, most people get their cell phone with a contract.
Nicky G
Nov 2, 01:44 PM
I've never heard of this company -- are they reputable, does anyone know? I've heard all sorts of stories abut these types of things being spyware or some such, don't want to pollute my Mac with any of that garbage!
digitalbiker
Aug 11, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't say it would be anything noticable!
Probably make the low end one a 1.66 Duo and the top one a 1.8 or 2.0 Duo
I think it would be cool if Apple came out with a Mac Mini Pro.
Merom core 2 duo, X1900 GPU, slightly enlarged case, Sata 500GB HD, FW 800, SuperDrive. All for under $1250.00
Probably make the low end one a 1.66 Duo and the top one a 1.8 or 2.0 Duo
I think it would be cool if Apple came out with a Mac Mini Pro.
Merom core 2 duo, X1900 GPU, slightly enlarged case, Sata 500GB HD, FW 800, SuperDrive. All for under $1250.00

oscillatewildly
Apr 10, 06:04 PM
I get 61,835, but I'm beginning to think someone has mucked around with the keys on my calculator.
Cheers,
OW
Cheers,
OW
triceretops
Apr 25, 10:12 AM
That has to be pretty boring data from my phone. Home - Office - Home - Office - Home - Office - Gas Station - Home (repeat as necessary).:(

BMcCoy
Mar 27, 01:00 PM
iPad 2 HD
coming september 2011
$999 / �799
same specs and design as 64GB iPad 2, but with 2048x1536 screen, at 264ppi.
coming september 2011
$999 / �799
same specs and design as 64GB iPad 2, but with 2048x1536 screen, at 264ppi.
Phobophobia
Nov 23, 09:47 AM
My future wife's (who I don't know yet) cat said
Did the cat also happen to take any photos of unreleased products in elevators?
Did the cat also happen to take any photos of unreleased products in elevators?
SilvorX
Jul 30, 08:12 PM
-At least 5 megapixel camera, I'd love to minimize the amount of things in my pocket by combing my camera and my cell phone ( i hate the beast but my mother makes me carry it) but there isint a camera phone good enough to actually use to take a picture other than an imac G5 in an elevator.
- The inablilty to do "texting :) :) :) :) :) :) " although there would be an option for "texting" but if someone were to select it a dialogue would come up , "YOU ARE RETARDED, just call them." the only option would be, "get hit by a bus"
5 megapixel seems unrealistic for a cellphone camera right now, but it would sure be nice, I have a 1.3 megapixel camera on my phone, just because it's 1.3 megapixels doesn't mean it's good quality, how do we know that the 5 megapixel camera will be any better? could be as grainy or worse as a low end VGA/megapixel camera :( but knowing Apple, some people will pay a shiny red cent for high quality camera anyways (esp Apple fans)
I disagree for inability to do texting, say if you are in a different country, where it costs say $3/minute just to call someone, or 50c just to send a text message (receiving is usually free), big difference if you just want to send a message of "I'm at the door" or "I'm leaving right now", I'm currently paying for long distance since I'm in a part of Canada that is not my home region, any time someone not from the area I'm in calls ME, I pay for it, and any time I call someone from home, I pay for it as well, so text messaging has really cut down on bills, I don't go over my minutes as much anymore with texting, since 90% of my calls were 1 minute or less calls, so thats where text messaging comes in handy. Although I would rather use a blackberry-like device with free email (if there was such thing, or have an email-only plan that doesnt require a data plan, like text messages)
- The inablilty to do "texting :) :) :) :) :) :) " although there would be an option for "texting" but if someone were to select it a dialogue would come up , "YOU ARE RETARDED, just call them." the only option would be, "get hit by a bus"
5 megapixel seems unrealistic for a cellphone camera right now, but it would sure be nice, I have a 1.3 megapixel camera on my phone, just because it's 1.3 megapixels doesn't mean it's good quality, how do we know that the 5 megapixel camera will be any better? could be as grainy or worse as a low end VGA/megapixel camera :( but knowing Apple, some people will pay a shiny red cent for high quality camera anyways (esp Apple fans)
I disagree for inability to do texting, say if you are in a different country, where it costs say $3/minute just to call someone, or 50c just to send a text message (receiving is usually free), big difference if you just want to send a message of "I'm at the door" or "I'm leaving right now", I'm currently paying for long distance since I'm in a part of Canada that is not my home region, any time someone not from the area I'm in calls ME, I pay for it, and any time I call someone from home, I pay for it as well, so text messaging has really cut down on bills, I don't go over my minutes as much anymore with texting, since 90% of my calls were 1 minute or less calls, so thats where text messaging comes in handy. Although I would rather use a blackberry-like device with free email (if there was such thing, or have an email-only plan that doesnt require a data plan, like text messages)
Multimedia
Aug 7, 07:29 PM
Is this whole heat sinked ram issue for real?
I just ordered the top o line, Macpro. but with base ram as usual onoly to see the FB- blah blah heat sinked, get nothing else or your computer will become the wind tunnel of hell, Is this true.
Should I get a 2gig base and try to work up from there?
Hellllpppp!
OMG estimated shipping date Sept 12th, they gotta be kidding!No you did the right thing. Anything more will still cost less from third parties.
I just ordered the top o line, Macpro. but with base ram as usual onoly to see the FB- blah blah heat sinked, get nothing else or your computer will become the wind tunnel of hell, Is this true.
Should I get a 2gig base and try to work up from there?
Hellllpppp!
OMG estimated shipping date Sept 12th, they gotta be kidding!No you did the right thing. Anything more will still cost less from third parties.
shandowee
Sep 16, 08:59 AM
Ok people, how's this? I ordered a 17" MBP on Sep 8. I upgraded the ram and hard drive. It was supposed to ship yesterday, the 15th.
I checked my order status today and the ship date has changed to October 2! I also received an e-mail from Apple stating that there were unexpected delays.
I held out hoping for a C2D but broke down and bought on the 8th. I was all excited that it was going to ship yesterday. I don't even care so much about a C2D, I just want my Mac. But here's hoping anyway.
Ya est�n aqu�...
they are here...
I checked my order status today and the ship date has changed to October 2! I also received an e-mail from Apple stating that there were unexpected delays.
I held out hoping for a C2D but broke down and bought on the 8th. I was all excited that it was going to ship yesterday. I don't even care so much about a C2D, I just want my Mac. But here's hoping anyway.
Ya est�n aqu�...
they are here...
rosalindavenue
Aug 11, 08:24 PM
I just read this whole thread (yeah, big Friday night for me) and I can't believe that there is NOT ONE POST about the repeatedly documented fact that manufacturer rumors from Asustek and Quanta in China are ALWAYS B.S. ! There has never been a decent manufacturer-based rumor in the 4 years I've been an apple rumor reader; the track record of these rumors makes macosrumors.com look reliable by comparison.
Notwithstanding the flimsy sources, however, I agree that Yonah is dead as a doornail and that apple will move to merom in all notebooks; all the other manufacturers are going to anyway...
Notwithstanding the flimsy sources, however, I agree that Yonah is dead as a doornail and that apple will move to merom in all notebooks; all the other manufacturers are going to anyway...
No comments:
Post a Comment