Monday, May 9, 2011

Multiplayer Racing Games

Multiplayer Racing Games. arcade style racing game.
  • arcade style racing game.



  • Demoman
    Sep 15, 10:52 PM
    Uh, last time I checked, Windows can take advantage of multiple cores just fine. Do you think that multithreading is some Black Magic that only MacOS can do? Hell, standard Linux from kernel.org can use 512 cores as we speak!

    Related to this: Maybe not 512-way SMP, but here (http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/IP27_boot_messages) is what it looks like when Linux boots on 128-way SGI Origin supercomputer. Note, the kernel that is booting is 2.4.1, which was released in early 2001. Things have progressed A LOT since those day.

    OS X works with quad core == "Ahead of technology curve"... puhleeze!



    Windows works just fine with dual-core. It really does. To Wndows, dual-core is more or less similar to typical SMP, and Windows has supported SMP since Windows NT!



    Any reason why it wouldn't work? And did you even read the Anandtech-article? They conducted their benchmarks in Windows XP! So it obviously DID work with four cores! And it DID show substantial improvement in performance in real-life apps! Sheesh! Dial tone that fanboysihness a bit, dude.

    I think the same applies to you, Bill. You seem to be here to act as a Microsoft evangelist.





    Multiplayer Racing Games. and multi-player racing
  • and multi-player racing



  • Reventon
    Nov 12, 02:46 PM
    Here's the official release notice from Sony.

    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/11/12/gran-turismo-5-release-date-confirmed-for-november-24th-2010/

    as well as the car list and the track list.

    http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt5/carlist_en.html
    http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt5/courselist_en.html

    I'm disappointed the Bugatti Veyron is standard only, and not surprised there's no Porsches, since I believe the license to use Porsches are exclusive to EA, no other game from any company really has them. But, I am hoping that GT5 will be released on the 24th, for real this time, instead of being pushed back for the 40,000,001st time.





    Multiplayer Racing Games. futuristic racing game
  • futuristic racing game



  • Cameront9
    Aug 7, 05:46 PM
    WHat is he deal with no new displays, but they did drop the prices a little. I think the iPod is long overdue at this point for a makeover. I guess I'm just a victim of my own unfulfilled expectations.

    The displays WERE updated slightly...check the main page.

    As for iPods...why "makeover" what is working? And this was the DEVELOPERS conference. iPods, if they happen before Christmas, will be either at Paris or a special media event (the latter more likely, IMHO).





    Multiplayer Racing Games. RACING GAME APP FOR VW
  • RACING GAME APP FOR VW



  • Vegasman
    Apr 27, 08:46 AM
    Not really. Although location services does not delete the log when you turn it off, it does cease to record to it. I don't see what the problem with that is.

    And if you beleive that, you are misinformed.





    Multiplayer Racing Games. Racing Game);Cutting Edge
  • Racing Game);Cutting Edge



  • asiayeah
    Aug 26, 11:44 AM
    Im sorry, but when you recall 1.8million batteries, and expect them not to get over laoded with call, your crazy. Dell is making some people wait nearly 70 days to get their replacement. Its a LOT of batteries. Affecting a LOT of users. These things happen.

    Because Apple customers care about Apple and they want the best and reasonable services from it. Unfortunately, this is not the current case.

    I am sure most people agree that Apple's current way of handling the battery replacements leaves lots of rooms for improvements, particularly in non-US areas.

    We also shouldn't feel good just because Dell also does not handle it too well. After all, Dell has more batteries to replace and has a shorter period of time for preparations. Supposingly, Dell provides bargain PCs, while Apple tends to charge a premium for their products. Can't Apple customers deserve better services? Shouldn't Apple be better? Should we all lower our expectations from Apple and ask for a cheaper price instead?





    Multiplayer Racing Games. racing games
  • racing games



  • mattpol
    Nov 28, 10:04 PM
    Where are the recording studios in this future? Nowhere. Artists might still need them for promotions, music videos etc... but that is all bells and whistles. You don't even need the studios for a good music video, just look at how famous this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=okZwbxi7p0A) video has become, its even on MTV. It all comes down to the music, and if its good, people will buy it. Artists provide the content, iTMS the distribution. Record labels' presence will be greatly diminished. They are scared to death.

    Great argument, except that OK Go are signed to a major label, Capitol Records, only one of the most histroically great labels!! Please see: The Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Nat King Cole, etc.)! :rolleyes: YouTube doesn't sell music; just look at OK Go's numbers, they are mediocre at best. One hugely popular viral video is not going to move that many CDs.

    Also, as an aside, they are not "recording studios," they are "recording labels," or more commonly, "record labels."





    Multiplayer Racing Games. The racing game enjoyed by
  • The racing game enjoyed by



  • xfiftyfour
    Aug 7, 11:21 AM
    anyone see that the apple store online says "we'll be back soon - we are busy updating the store for you and will be back within the hour"?

    Oh, and if it's already been said, I'm sorry - I'm not going back and reading through 10 pages... haha





    Multiplayer Racing Games. Like most racing games that
  • Like most racing games that



  • gnasher729
    Aug 17, 12:59 PM
    The interesting thing to note from the Anandtech review is that to saturate a 2 core setup, all you need is one program. To saturate a quad, you need to be doing a bit more at the same time. To saturate an octo, you need to be doing a hell of a lot of things at the same time.

    No, you only need software that doesn't think multiple processors = two processors. Early versions of Handbrake used only two processors, new version uses four. Photoshop will use as many processors as there are. Other applications will follow.





    Multiplayer Racing Games. best car racing game with
  • best car racing game with



  • swingerofbirch
    Aug 26, 07:40 PM
    I'm sure the GPU will also be bumped, at the very least. The MBP will probably also see some things that the MB has like a user-removable hard drive and magnetic latch. The CPU and GPU alone make it worth getting the new one, IMO.

    Also, I'll say it one last time (yea right) - the imac should not and will not get a mobile processor. It only got Yonah because there was no alternative. It had a real desktop processor when one was available on the PPC side (G5), and it will have a real desktop processor now that one is available on the intel side (Conroe). Leave merom for what it was meant for - laptops.


    I agree with you wholeheartedly.

    But, I guess they COULD have put a pentium d in them...didnt they have dual cores?





    Multiplayer Racing Games. the best of racing games,
  • the best of racing games,



  • jeanlain
    Apr 10, 06:56 AM
    I don't ever recall Apple ever placing any presence at/during NAB or AES
    Phil Schiller showing off final cut pro 4 and DVD sp 2 at NAB 2003 says hello.
    Apple was on stage at several NAB. Final Cut Pro itself was introduced there.





    Multiplayer Racing Games. The multiplayer games are down
  • The multiplayer games are down



  • lyzardking
    Apr 6, 11:56 AM
    I have something better than a MacBook Air. It's called an iPad 2.


    Let me know when it can run CS5 (in a pinch) and I'm in

    Until then, I'm waiting for a back-lit key board and a faster processor (yah, I know learn how to type, yada-yada. I've been at this long enough that if you could type you became a "typesetter")





    Multiplayer Racing Games. The game works correctly TODAY
  • The game works correctly TODAY



  • j_maddison
    Jul 20, 11:53 AM
    How fast do you want mail to go?

    As fast as possible! Don't worry I do agree that e mail and browsing has very little to do with the processor speed, still you did ask the question! Now if only I could get a fibre link to my house without it costing a few hundred thousand Pounds a year hmm :rolleyes:





    Multiplayer Racing Games. online racing game.
  • online racing game.



  • steadysignal
    Apr 11, 12:22 PM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

    I dont want to wait :(

    who does? but it will be worth it...





    Multiplayer Racing Games. multiplayer racing game.
  • multiplayer racing game.



  • Bill McEnaney
    Apr 29, 12:47 PM
    So what? Who said liberals never partake in name calling? You claimed that liberals do more name calling. You want me to go dig out examples of name-calling done by conservative voices such as Limbaugh, Beck, etc.?
    Please do dig them out. It's only fair that you should be free to point out point out evil that some conservatives do publicly. Meanwhile, let's see whether this (http://www.mrc.org/Profiles/odonnell/welcome.asp) link works now.

    RT, did you notice that I said that whomever does it, name-calling is libel or slander?





    Multiplayer Racing Games. racing game, the franchise
  • racing game, the franchise



  • Luph67
    Apr 6, 10:51 AM
    What is the obsession with back-lit keys?

    Do you actually look at the keyboard when you're typing?





    Multiplayer Racing Games. multiplayer racing game in
  • multiplayer racing game in



  • ergle2
    Sep 13, 01:58 PM
    The only limit with Windows is they keep the low end XP home to 2 processors on the same die. There is probably an architectural limit on both OSX and XP and if it's not 8 it's 16. It's probably 8.

    There's a bunch of HP Superdome 64-way Itanium systems around running Windows Server mostly for MS SQL work.

    Windows XP 64bit is based on the same core. Given the license is per-socket, not per-processor (currently, anyway) and the Pro editions support two sockets, it should in theory support the 8-way setup as described by Anandtech.

    Whether it recognises quad-core CPUs as such may of course be a different matter.





    Multiplayer Racing Games. Multiplayer Racing Games
  • Multiplayer Racing Games



  • stukick
    Apr 8, 06:19 AM
    Apple at Best Buy sucks anyway. No one in the store knows anything about Apple products. I love eavesdropping on a customer and sales person while they try and answer or explain Apple products to a potential customer. Usually after the sales person walks away, I swoop in and answer any of the customer's questions...correctly. :)





    Multiplayer Racing Games. a multiplayer racing game
  • a multiplayer racing game



  • kdarling
    Apr 19, 04:04 PM
    You made up your mind and you argue accordingly.

    No, that's why I used questions. I'd really like to know if anyone thinks a normal buyer would think the Galaxy is made by Apple.

    Consider this: Many people know the name "iPhone" and the way it looks, they may even know the name "Macintosh", but not the name "Apple".

    They might have talked to someone who used an iPhone and was very happy with it, were convinced to buy one, and go to a shop and pick up the phone that looks exactly like the one they wanted to buy.

    And end up with a Samsung phone when they actually wanted an iPhone.

    So your argument is that someone would be familiar with the iPhone UI but not know it's made by Apple?

    And that therefore when they went to buy an iPhone, they'd totally ignore the words Samsung Galaxy on the box simply because... what? some of the icons look similar?

    Well, who knows. It's certainly happened with Chinese knockoffs!





    Multiplayer Racing Games. Free Motorbike Racing Games »
  • Free Motorbike Racing Games »



  • deedas
    Apr 6, 02:10 PM
    I didn't go through all the pages of replies, but in case some one hasn't corrected them yet, the bus speed of the 13" is 1066mhz.





    sampdoria
    Jun 15, 03:02 PM
    What a cluster F it was at Radio Shack.

    It was just my friend and I on line. Nobody else.

    Was there for 30 minutes before I left for work
    leaving them with my name. My friend stayed
    an additional 30 minutes.

    They could not generate a pin. System kept
    rejecting their request. Finally we were told they
    were out of pins.

    Meanwhile, I still see posts about some of you
    getting PIN numbers.

    Sorry to hear NJRonbo. I was back and forth between going to Apple and RS. But the RS salesperson last night, persuaded me to give him a try, and he would throw in a $50 gift card on top of my crappy trade-ins (good salesman), because I was going for 2 iphone4s. If it didn't work, then go to Apple.

    So I decided this morning to try my luck with him. I was the only person in the store asking for the new iphone at 1pm, in the middle of urban cambridge (boston), believe it or not. Patience was key here. He started my order right at 1pm, but got declined like 20 times. I went back to my work an hour later. And he calls me around 2:45pm to say that he has two pins for 32GB iphone4s for me! As far as he knows, they will be available on launch day. With all the uncertainties that have been said on this thread, I won't hold my breath for launch day, but I do appreciate the discounts and trade-ins. So, I say good deal in any case.

    He told me he got calls from DM's about there being still plenty of inventory an hour after the start, but because everyone was accessing the central server at once, it was jamming up. It took 2hrs and 45 mins to get my order processed.

    I'm pretty satisfied (or lucky) so far, even though the process is so f'd up. I don't think RS intentionally does it this way, but hey it is what it is, for this once in a few years.





    aquanutz
    Aug 16, 10:47 PM
    all if have to say is: I want one (along with everyone else on this forum.) :D





    Silentwave
    Aug 26, 10:42 PM
    I agree with you wholeheartedly.

    But, I guess they COULD have put a pentium d in them...didnt they have dual cores?

    yes, but they were significantly hotter, consumed much more power, and worst of all were incredibly inefficient per clock versus C2D. If memory serves, when the Conroe/Allendale (the codename for C2D desktop chips under 2.4GHz with 2MB L2) benchmarks first came out after the NDA lifted, the best Pentium Extreme Edition (3.73GHz Pentium D Presler core, dual core, 2x2MB L2, 1066 FSB, 130W TDP) was in many of the tests at least equaled by the Core 2 Duo E6300, a chip with the following specs:
    Speed: 1.86 GHz Dual core
    2MB L2 Cache
    1066 MT/S FSB
    TDP 65W

    So a much slower, far cheaper C2D chip matches the best Pentium D Extreme Edition, though both are dual-core, have the same FSB speed, the Pentium D has a bigger L2 Cache, and each core is clocking at twice the speed of the Core 2 chip.

    The C2D chips with the sole exception of the Core 2 Extreme X6800 version have a TDP of 65W- HALF that of the Pentium D series. Even the X6800 only has an 80W TDP.

    To give you an idea of pricing, the *retail* version of the Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz chip at Newegg is listed at $193.
    The retail version of the Pentium Extreme Edition dual core 3.73GHz chip at Newegg is listed at $1,015.

    The rest of the Pentium D line has been dropped in price significantly since Core 2 Duo came out, its almost a fire sale. then again, they are much hotter, less efficient processors by far.





    Pez555
    Apr 11, 12:54 PM
    grrrr stop posting this macrumors, i want the iphone 5 in june!





    hob
    Apr 5, 07:20 PM
    - Major revamp of asset cataloguing system with integrated final cut server, something similiar to what Aperture does with photos. This will be it's biggest feature
    - Core image fx with integrated Shake-style fx compositing

    and the usual obvious things (64 bit, new formats, updated quicktime, etc..)

    I would /kill/ for better asset management. The "Aperture" for video is what I've been needing for a while now...



    No comments:

    Post a Comment