nemaslov
Sep 15, 06:10 PM
then why can't McGiver (MacGiver) make it right now?:D
ericmooreart
Mar 30, 12:57 PM
News Flash 2013 Apple trademarks:
Clothing Store, Shoe Store, Hardware Store, Candy Store and Mayonnaise
Clothing Store, Shoe Store, Hardware Store, Candy Store and Mayonnaise
mrblah
Sep 16, 02:55 PM
The problem wasnt the 100 song limit. It was the RIDICULOUS usb 1 speed and the way itunes would delete and then reupload every song on your phone if you wanted to add 1 song to the playlist. I have a slvr and waiting for 100 songs to fill up would have been insane. It takes practically 1 minute per song. Overall the itunes integration with the phones was horrendous, pretty much unusable. Once you finally got the songs on the phone it was a good music player, but getting the songs on the phone is a nightmare. Maybe Apple knew all along that they would enter the phone market and intentionally jacked up itunes phones?
Glideslope
Apr 19, 07:31 PM
Good Luck. :apple:
Manic Mouse
Sep 10, 05:47 AM
The iMac is huge (relatively speaking), are you telling me such a huge enclosure won't be able to dissipitate an extra 30W or so? It is only around 30W more!
Like it or not Apple will have to somehow fit the Kentsfield into their lineup, cos their advertising campaigns are going to look very lame when Dell simply cops their "switch" campaign style and come out with a "PC" with 4 heads and a "Mac" with only 2.
When Kentfield replaces Conroes and every $999 Dell ships with quad core, it is quite hard to justify buying a dual (in Apple's case, a $2000+ quad)
I completely agree with you: Apple need to get Kentsfield/Conroe into their lineup somewhere. They are the best bang/buck chips Intel are making so it seems insane that they aren't already using Conroe.
As for thermal constraints... Well, I was a big proponent of the iMac getting Conroe and am still quite shocked they went with Merom. There was a lot of discussion before the new iMacs were released as to whether the case could handle Conroe. I think it could, and I still do. But with Kentsfield you are literally sticking TWO Conroes in there when there is some doubt as to whether it can handle one. The 24" iMac could maybe handle it, but I'm doubtful the smaller sizes could. They currently use 32W Meroms, with Kentsfield we would be talking 100W+. Maybe even as high as 130W since Conroe is 65W and Kentsfield is two Conroe dies in one package.
I personally think that a mid-tower is the only option for Apple to incorperate Conroe/Kentsfield into their lineup. Kentsfield is certainly too hot and takes too much power to go into any of their existing consumer models. It wouldn't go in the Pro since they use the Xeon chipset and will be using Clovertown.
As you say, once PC manufacturers get their hands on Kentfield the consumer Macs are going to look very anaemic.
Like it or not Apple will have to somehow fit the Kentsfield into their lineup, cos their advertising campaigns are going to look very lame when Dell simply cops their "switch" campaign style and come out with a "PC" with 4 heads and a "Mac" with only 2.
When Kentfield replaces Conroes and every $999 Dell ships with quad core, it is quite hard to justify buying a dual (in Apple's case, a $2000+ quad)
I completely agree with you: Apple need to get Kentsfield/Conroe into their lineup somewhere. They are the best bang/buck chips Intel are making so it seems insane that they aren't already using Conroe.
As for thermal constraints... Well, I was a big proponent of the iMac getting Conroe and am still quite shocked they went with Merom. There was a lot of discussion before the new iMacs were released as to whether the case could handle Conroe. I think it could, and I still do. But with Kentsfield you are literally sticking TWO Conroes in there when there is some doubt as to whether it can handle one. The 24" iMac could maybe handle it, but I'm doubtful the smaller sizes could. They currently use 32W Meroms, with Kentsfield we would be talking 100W+. Maybe even as high as 130W since Conroe is 65W and Kentsfield is two Conroe dies in one package.
I personally think that a mid-tower is the only option for Apple to incorperate Conroe/Kentsfield into their lineup. Kentsfield is certainly too hot and takes too much power to go into any of their existing consumer models. It wouldn't go in the Pro since they use the Xeon chipset and will be using Clovertown.
As you say, once PC manufacturers get their hands on Kentfield the consumer Macs are going to look very anaemic.
puma1552
Apr 22, 08:33 AM
ever heard of the pandora app??
If Pandora actually worked overseas...just like Hulu...
If Pandora actually worked overseas...just like Hulu...
hobo.hopkins
Apr 25, 01:39 PM
Could just be me, but I think the design is perfect. Apple is still way ahead of the competition with the unibody design. How much better can it get?
I think the design is perfect too - although Apple always seems to take a seemingly perfect design and add to it. I'm excited at the thought of a new design, mainly because I can't imagine what they could possibly improve.
I think the design is perfect too - although Apple always seems to take a seemingly perfect design and add to it. I'm excited at the thought of a new design, mainly because I can't imagine what they could possibly improve.
Machead III
Aug 31, 02:08 PM
There will are not relay organized at AppleExpo
LMFAO! http://www.starshipbuilder.com/forums/images/smilies/laugh.gif
LMFAO! http://www.starshipbuilder.com/forums/images/smilies/laugh.gif
Fukui
Sep 19, 04:16 PM
Erm... that is wrong. All major Hollywood DVDs are encoded as progressive full frames at 23.976fps. The interlacing you are seeing is the result of adding pulldown frames to pad it out to 29.97 interlaced for NTSC. And since they are encoded anamorphically, it uses the full 720x480 and depending on your output display, either gets letterboxed or stretched wide on a real 16:9 HDTV.
Are iTS movies letterboxed? If so, then the quality of iTS movies is closer to 640x360.
Yea, I see. I wouldn't be surprised if they were letterboxed... I would rather wait till a tv show comes out "widescreen" and see for myself for 1.99 then 9.99 and be dissapointed...
Hopefully, over time, the quality will get better. It seems to me, apple is matching video quality of the downloads exactly to what the iPod can handle... so maybe it all depends on the iPod getting a better screen and processor...
Are iTS movies letterboxed? If so, then the quality of iTS movies is closer to 640x360.
Yea, I see. I wouldn't be surprised if they were letterboxed... I would rather wait till a tv show comes out "widescreen" and see for myself for 1.99 then 9.99 and be dissapointed...
Hopefully, over time, the quality will get better. It seems to me, apple is matching video quality of the downloads exactly to what the iPod can handle... so maybe it all depends on the iPod getting a better screen and processor...
wizard
Sep 9, 12:03 PM
I'm a little skeptical about Napa64 as well. I did read the previous links and articles on it. Why make Merom backwards compatible with Yonah?
What is to be skeptical about? Seriously Intel continuously improves its hardware, they have to or end up getting trounced on by the competition. In fact recent history with respect to AMD demonstrates what happens when they don't take a serious look at their hardware.
The issue with Merom and this iterations backward computability is that it gets INTEL 64 bit hardware to market fast as frankly they weren't even competing in that realm. For Intel 64 bit is serious issue as they are behind the eight ball or this one. It is an example of Intel being asleep at the wheel as they focused on who needs 64 bit instructions when a good part of the market demand was for addressable ram.
Nice information there. I wanted a little heads up on Kentsfield. Still, isn't it dual Conroe's with separate cache and then over the front side bus?
Frankly I haven't followed Kentsfield that much, more of an AMD man, but what is interesting to me with respect to this thread, is that MEROM the platform has a long way to go yet. That is the iMac just released is more or less a first generation implementation of Merom. I'm left with the impression that Apple just slapped the new processor in the old socket and gave us all a surprise this week. But that is what backward computability is all about. Mind you I know nothing about the current logic boards but I'm sure that information will float across the web soon.
Dave
What is to be skeptical about? Seriously Intel continuously improves its hardware, they have to or end up getting trounced on by the competition. In fact recent history with respect to AMD demonstrates what happens when they don't take a serious look at their hardware.
The issue with Merom and this iterations backward computability is that it gets INTEL 64 bit hardware to market fast as frankly they weren't even competing in that realm. For Intel 64 bit is serious issue as they are behind the eight ball or this one. It is an example of Intel being asleep at the wheel as they focused on who needs 64 bit instructions when a good part of the market demand was for addressable ram.
Nice information there. I wanted a little heads up on Kentsfield. Still, isn't it dual Conroe's with separate cache and then over the front side bus?
Frankly I haven't followed Kentsfield that much, more of an AMD man, but what is interesting to me with respect to this thread, is that MEROM the platform has a long way to go yet. That is the iMac just released is more or less a first generation implementation of Merom. I'm left with the impression that Apple just slapped the new processor in the old socket and gave us all a surprise this week. But that is what backward computability is all about. Mind you I know nothing about the current logic boards but I'm sure that information will float across the web soon.
Dave
BLUELION
Mar 23, 05:50 PM
Its plain to see what is happening here. But I agree with you I will not concede my rights for any reason what so ever.
I stop listening to anyone who ever utters the words "Constitutional or not..."
Our basic freedoms as Americans aren't worth conceding for any reason whatsoever, no matter how noble the goal may seem from a distance.
I stop listening to anyone who ever utters the words "Constitutional or not..."
Our basic freedoms as Americans aren't worth conceding for any reason whatsoever, no matter how noble the goal may seem from a distance.
rtkane
Apr 4, 12:17 PM
I'm as pro gun rights as anyone, but this sounds like a problem for the security guard. Unless that guard's life was in danger, there was no reason to shoot anyone, especially in the head. The placement of that shot was no accident.
That being said, I'm sure there are a lot of facts we don't know. Innocent until proven guilty, of course.
Unfortunately justified shooting or not it's always a problem for the shooter. I highly doubt the headshot was intentional. Unless he's an ex-special forces guy, he probably was just shooting wildly and got a lucky shot (well, lucky might not be the right word). When bullets started flying, he was probably terrified without enough composure to aim for the head. And if he came upon armed people, identified himself and they pointed guns at him, he has a very valid reason to shoot them. The mere presence of weapons puts the guard's life in danger.
It's odd that you judge his actions in the first part of your post, but then say that there's not enough facts in the second. :confused:
That being said, I'm sure there are a lot of facts we don't know. Innocent until proven guilty, of course.
Unfortunately justified shooting or not it's always a problem for the shooter. I highly doubt the headshot was intentional. Unless he's an ex-special forces guy, he probably was just shooting wildly and got a lucky shot (well, lucky might not be the right word). When bullets started flying, he was probably terrified without enough composure to aim for the head. And if he came upon armed people, identified himself and they pointed guns at him, he has a very valid reason to shoot them. The mere presence of weapons puts the guard's life in danger.
It's odd that you judge his actions in the first part of your post, but then say that there's not enough facts in the second. :confused:
mightymike107
Aug 29, 03:08 AM
the MB keyboards are ugly, they remind me of some fool proof keyboard for military laptops. They reek of industrial utilitarianism.
It's starting to get early on the east coast; the apple store is still up, are these bad signs?
It's starting to get early on the east coast; the apple store is still up, are these bad signs?
iCrizzo
Apr 30, 02:20 PM
I have had my iMac for about 9 months.. looks like it will be going on Craigslist next week!! ;)
:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:
:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:
iJohnHenry
Apr 11, 03:57 PM
Lottery and Gambling winnings are tax exempt. I wish the Canadians would annex Vegas.;) All my card counting skills is lining Uncle Sam's pockets.:mad: And if I get caught, the medical bills for fixing my thumbs won't come out of my pockets.;)
Bob, it that you?? :p
Bob, it that you?? :p
Surely
Apr 20, 10:14 AM
I doubt the information is accurate.
It is:
About the application the developers made:
To make it less useful for snoops, the spatial and temporal accuracy of the data has been artificially reduced. You can only animate week-by-week even though the data is timed to the second, and if you zoom in you’ll see the points are constrained to a grid, so your exact location is not revealed. The underlying database has no such constraints, unfortunately.
http://petewarden.github.com/iPhoneTracker/
It is:
About the application the developers made:
To make it less useful for snoops, the spatial and temporal accuracy of the data has been artificially reduced. You can only animate week-by-week even though the data is timed to the second, and if you zoom in you’ll see the points are constrained to a grid, so your exact location is not revealed. The underlying database has no such constraints, unfortunately.
http://petewarden.github.com/iPhoneTracker/
hulugu
Apr 11, 12:13 AM
Is all relative. If you take my home country, it'll be around $1.32/hour pay for minimum wage. You get 2 weeks vacation and equivalent pay. Oh and down there they treat you like crap because of the infuriating high 35% unemployment rate. So everyone looks out for their job even if it means sucking up.
Here in the US you can fight it. So yeah. Also Europe has more taxes than the US. Consecuently we get taxed even lower than the US. But still $315.50 a month is barely covering cost of living even for my country.
Care to complain now?
Sure, regardless of the situation in other countries�South America?�the question is whether this is a problem in the U.S. and I think it is, and the comparison of a Swedish company using the US like the US uses Mexico, for cheap labor, should be a wakeup call to the US that our current economic policies are making us Mexico to Europe.
This sounds like IKEA is the one being a bitch.
I can't see how this is "the right's" fault. If so, why doesn't "the left" step in a help out?
As Ugg pointed out, the 'right' has pushed for anti-union policies, including 'right-to-work' status for states like Virginia. That said, I don't think this is a 'right' or 'left' issue per se, but rather a gleeful removal of worker's rights to garner jobs�regardless of the health of a community funded by low-wage, short-term positions.
Here in the US you can fight it. So yeah. Also Europe has more taxes than the US. Consecuently we get taxed even lower than the US. But still $315.50 a month is barely covering cost of living even for my country.
Care to complain now?
Sure, regardless of the situation in other countries�South America?�the question is whether this is a problem in the U.S. and I think it is, and the comparison of a Swedish company using the US like the US uses Mexico, for cheap labor, should be a wakeup call to the US that our current economic policies are making us Mexico to Europe.
This sounds like IKEA is the one being a bitch.
I can't see how this is "the right's" fault. If so, why doesn't "the left" step in a help out?
As Ugg pointed out, the 'right' has pushed for anti-union policies, including 'right-to-work' status for states like Virginia. That said, I don't think this is a 'right' or 'left' issue per se, but rather a gleeful removal of worker's rights to garner jobs�regardless of the health of a community funded by low-wage, short-term positions.
jpjandrade
Mar 22, 01:20 PM
Filled under "No ****, Sherlock"
kildjean
Apr 29, 09:35 AM
If Microsoft ever wants to get back at the top of their game they need to fire Ballmer and bring some new blood to the helm. They are as stagnant as IBM was when Microsoft rose to power.
Full of Win
Apr 25, 01:01 PM
Nice. My 17 MBP (Early 2009) will be getting close to the end of its life cycle by then, allowing me to easily slide into a new MBP.
nwcs
Apr 20, 10:08 AM
Where are people going that they need to be alarmist about this? Every phone, every gps thing, and more do this.
Jesus
Aug 28, 12:08 PM
I dream of a new macbook pro enclosure...
cube
Apr 14, 12:42 PM
What about the MacBook and MacBook Air?
Not real Macs.
Not real Macs.
AlBDamned
Aug 23, 04:42 PM
$100 million? Yikes. :eek:
Yup. how much does Jobs saying "Creative is very fortunate to have been granted this early patent" say to you? Pissed off is the roundabout answer!
Yup. how much does Jobs saying "Creative is very fortunate to have been granted this early patent" say to you? Pissed off is the roundabout answer!
No comments:
Post a Comment