Sunday, May 8, 2011

mike huckabee

mike huckabee. Mike Huckabee is pictured.
  • Mike Huckabee is pictured.



  • bedifferent
    May 2, 04:18 PM
    Bravo, this is the funniest post ever.

    I bet there's a lot of fan bois with soiled underwear.

    Could it be true? Their perfect computers now quite vulnerable.

    Ya gotta love it...the slap of reality :) :) :)

    …and in come the Engadget trolls… ;)

    Reality check is that I make 75% of my part-time communications and IT work from Windows based systems, fixing errors, virus removal, bloatware, instaling third party software such as mail, photo and calendar apps (Office), configuring their WLAN to work properly, et al.

    My OS X work, mostly teaching people how to use OS X (Apple's One on One but without the noise and lack of experience from minimum wage "Creatives"). Funny how the switchers fall in love with OS X and never switch back to Windows.

    Not knocking it, I got W7 on one of my 6-Core Mac Pro SATA bays and it runs amazingly. Of course, some of this is due to the hardware and drivers supplied by Apple, making it seamless as opposed to writing code for a myriad of hardware profiles…

    Bottom line, both are good, but Windows would be better following Apple's lead in producing the hardware with the product, ensuring less compatibility issue and adopting EFI (Bios? REALLY?). Course this would mean millions of large businesses reinvesting in MS built hardware, and with MS's product quality/industrial design, I'm not betting on it...





    mike huckabee. Mike Huckabee, speaks during a
  • Mike Huckabee, speaks during a



  • r.j.s
    May 2, 11:39 AM
    It pops up when I open Steam. "Steam would now like to auto-update itself, enter your password". Same for all my "auto-updating" apps that are installed system wide.

    This conditions the user as much.

    Fair enough. IMO, users understand that they are updating an app at that time, but I can see your point.

    Though looking for information on this MacDefender, I'm genuinely curious how the installer "pop-ups". I haven't found anything interesting. Since Archive utility doesn't honor absolute paths in a Zip, how does the little bugger get launched ?


    Maybe the use of a different archive utility, e.g. The Unarchiver, is to blame for this?





    mike huckabee. Mike Huckabee
  • Mike Huckabee



  • matticus008
    Mar 20, 08:15 PM
    I'm a little late to this party, but FWIW I don't see much of a difference between this and buying a CD (apart from its tangible nature). CDs are data discs without rights management, after all. It thus similarly boils down to the consumer's conscience.

    [...]

    Without going into the legal aspects of it, on the whole I cannot fathom any kind of moral problems with this. You're paying for the product -- and the ITMS pays labels a whole lot more than the other options, whether Russian or distributed.

    From an alternate point of view, though, nobody in the 'scene' would consider a 128kbit AAC worthwhile downloading anyway..!

    It's more than a copyright/fair use issue. Let's step back from that for a moment and consider this. It is different from buying a CD and ripping it to your hard drive. You created an iTunes account under which you explicitly agreed to abide by the terms of said account. Ignoring the issue of whether the copyright laws are fair and whether breaking the law is morally justified, here's the thing. You AGREED not to bypass or attempt to circumvent DRM, not to redistribute the files in any unauthorized manner, and to use iTunes alone to interface with the iTMS. And not just agreed passively, but EXPLICITLY agreed to those terms, and now you are breaking your word. How is that not morally wrong? If you didn't accept the terms presented, then there is no reason you should have agreed to them. It nullifies your power to complain. You said, "I don't think this business model is right" in your head, but clicked "I agree to these terms and conditions" anyway. Then you decide that the terms are inconvenient for you. Now you are breaking those terms, which in addition to being illegal on two fronts (copyright law and a legal TOS contract), is breaking your word. There's no way to construe that as morally sound.

    To your final point, I agree that the quality of music sold is inferior, and most who would agree don't use the iTMS anyway. I use it for the incidental track that I like and come across randomly from various artists or that sounds good in the preview. My actual collection of albums demands a higher quality, and I hope iTunes offers 320kbps or lossless in the future for the same price. Then they'd make a lot more money from me, but I know that I'm not necessarily the target demographic. It certainly won't happen if piracy keeps its current rates, though.





    mike huckabee. Mike Huckabee with Janet
  • Mike Huckabee with Janet



  • Howdr
    Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    People who complain that your service provider is going to make you follow the ru:eek:les unnerve me with their uncanny ability to disregard all that stands to reason with the sustainability of your "toys." They are like little sissies on the playground crying after a Barbie Doll has been taken from them. Those people should man up and start paying for the footprint they leave on the network.
    WOW in plain English......... If you use a lot you should pay for it.

    OK I agree

    but AT&T are the ones who advertise Unlimited Data

    Should they not "Man UP"? and stop this hiding behind definitions of nonsense in a contract.

    Essentially the point many and I make is

    we pay for Data that is contracted as unlimited,
    At&t then has a contract that says its unlimited Data with us and then says they can decide when its abused.

    OK using 5gb or less is not considered abuse by them, OK

    But tethering 100mb of that 5gb is abuse even though it does not go over the usage and it makes no network difference to At&t

    the problem is the contract itself is contradictory in how it is written and the enforcement of this issue is in huge suspect, At&t truly may not have one kb of proof that you tethered.

    I see many problems with this.

    Lawsuits? Class action maybe not individuals.

    and it would have to be those paying for tethering and or charged a fine for doing so or forced into a tethering contract.

    Not I, I have no emails nothing, = No harm.





    mike huckabee. gov mike huckabee
  • gov mike huckabee



  • Multimedia
    Oct 23, 09:54 PM
    And now for the update... Dell re-shipped via UPS next-day. Still took until yesterday apparently to actually ship from Dell. But it's here. I just plugged it in and everything looks just fine. No dead/stuck pixels I can see. But then again, that's the way my first one was I bought nearly a year ago. After about 3 months, *POP!* one blue stuck pixel. Hehe, these two screens look maaaavolous together. :D Would it be gloating too much if I posted a pic? Heheheh... Maybe I'll bust out the camera after I clean off my desk. ;)Holy Molly now 30" Dells are only $1279.20 (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productlisting.aspx?c=us&category_id=6198&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs). They just lowered the list to $1599.

    Any chance we can get a price adjustment?

    We paid $1349 last week. That's another $75.60 less including tax. Man I could of had an iPod Shuffle for that. :(

    10.24.06 - New C2D MacBookPro's announced.

    AV-I phoned Dell this morning and got a $70 credit toward my 30". Wouldn't give me the $5.60 sales tax but got $70 instead of the usual $50 they said. Me so happy. That means I got the Dell 30" including sales tax for $1398.32. :D :p :)





    mike huckabee. Mike Huckabee criticizes
  • Mike Huckabee criticizes



  • noahtk
    Apr 9, 04:16 PM
    Pay off Sony for PSP ports!!!





    mike huckabee. Mike Huckabee
  • Mike Huckabee



  • nsjoker
    Sep 20, 03:45 PM
    it won't have any dvr functionality... it'll just be frontrow on your tv, and nothing else. woopdee freaking doo





    mike huckabee. say about Mike Huckabee:
  • say about Mike Huckabee:



  • gjkiii
    May 9, 11:32 PM
    Hopefully someone at ATT will read these posts! In the same boat, last 3-4 weeks been getting worse in R.I.

    It won't matter. I am a firm believer than unless you have pressure from a competitor you can take your time fixing your problems. And until the iphone ends up on another carrier I can't see AT&T making improvements for Iphone users a priority. Despite what steve says I believe that the AT&T networks would be better if the iphone was on multiple carriers. It may have been a good decision for steve financially to make it exclusive but its not a good decision by steve for the iphone users.





    mike huckabee. Mike Huckabee
  • Mike Huckabee



  • munkery
    May 3, 12:15 AM
    Yes, and that prevents AntiVirus 2010 from successfully collecting credit card info too.

    Check out this quote about the latest variant of that Windows malware called Antivirus 2011.

    You're blocked from executing anything else, including trying to run your real anti-virus program.

    This virus program renders your entire computer useless until you can get it removed. And some of its many variants are becoming immune to existing removal tools.

    From here, http://detnews.com/article/20110502/BIZ04/105020317/1013/rss12

    BTW, it renders Windows useless by corrupting the registry. No registry in OS X.

    Luckily, this type of malware on a Mac is not nearly as bad if your clumsy enough to get infected. You can even remove it from the account that is infected without having to boot into a safe mode.

    This post made me have to edit a previous post. Thought I should quote it,

    Problems with Windows security in comparison to Mac OS X presented just in this thread:

    1) Greater number of privilege escalation vulnerabilities:

    Here is a list of privilege escalation (UAC bypass) vulnerabilities just related to Stuxnet (win32k.sys) in Windows in 2011:

    http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=win32k.sys+2011

    Here is a list of all of the privilege escalation vulnerabilities in Mac OS X in 2011:

    http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=Mac+OS+X+privileges+2011

    2) Earlier versions of NT based Windows (Windows XP and earlier) do not use discretionary access controls by default.

    3) Permissions system does not include a user defined unique identifier (password) by default. More susceptible to user space exploitation leading to authentication stolen via spoofed prompt that appears unrelated to UAC because password not associated with authentication.

    4) Windows sandbox mechanism relies on inherited permissions so that turning off UAC turns off the sandbox. This sandbox has been defeated in the wild (in the last two pwn2owns).

    I do not know of any TrustedBSD MAC framework (BSD and Mac sandbox), AppArmor (openSUSE and Ubuntu), or SE Linux (Fedora) mandatory access control escapes? These sandbox mechanisms do not rely on inherited permissions.

    5) The Windows registry is a single point of failure that can be leveraged by malware.





    mike huckabee. Mike Huckabee, and Norris
  • Mike Huckabee, and Norris



  • samdweck
    Oct 7, 04:54 PM
    Originally posted by arn


    Sam... you need to chill.

    Personal attacks and pure emotional posts are not very helpful. The point of this site is not to be Pro-Mac at all costs.

    A fast enough Pentium will beat a 1.25GHz G4. How fast the Pentium has to be appears to be a point of contention... but that's all it is... as long as people keep it civil... it's cool.

    Besides, alex_ant's post was a joke. Slow down, and read the intent of the posts.

    arn

    sorry arn, but it pisses me off! i mean really, i am very pro-mac and i should chill, but what does a pc person have business doing here... sorry though!





    mike huckabee. Mike Huckabee 2012
  • Mike Huckabee 2012



  • Sounds Good
    Apr 5, 06:08 PM
    ...you sound computer savvy!
    I am with Windows! :) But on a Mac I'm a bumbling idiot. No joke.





    mike huckabee. Mike Huckabee
  • Mike Huckabee



  • Huntn
    Mar 13, 07:40 AM
    Washington Post 12Mar2011 (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/03/12/AR2011031205493.html?hpid=topnews):

    Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said radiation at the reactor exceeded legal limits and that it was "highly possible" a partial meltdown was underway.





    mike huckabee. Vulture Endorses Mike Huckabee
  • Vulture Endorses Mike Huckabee



  • Macaddicttt
    Mar 18, 02:35 PM
    Anyone care to make this interesting? I'm taking all bets. How long until Apple fixes the problem?





    mike huckabee. Former Governor Mike Huckabee
  • Former Governor Mike Huckabee



  • leftPCbehind209
    Apr 12, 10:25 PM
    Does anyone know if the new FC will take AVCHD files natively as Premiere CS5 does?





    mike huckabee. Mike Huckabee
  • Mike Huckabee



  • Sydde
    Mar 24, 07:29 PM
    Don't be so disingenuous. The Catholic church has stigmatised gays relentlessly.
    "Stigmatised"? Is that a best-case description of what the church has done?





    mike huckabee. on how Mike Huckabee and
  • on how Mike Huckabee and



  • 63dot
    Mar 15, 07:33 AM
    I love when people don't read threads....

    this was already posted, way to go...

    http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=how-to-use-solar-energy-at-night

    While I am not 100% percent against nuclear and see the pluses with the minuses, and I realize how much blood has been shed over oil, so I hope this article has some truth to it.

    If solar takes off with these types of salt plants, then we can rely less on nuclear and oil. I am all for solar.





    mike huckabee. Republican Mike Huckabee
  • Republican Mike Huckabee



  • CTYankee
    Oct 26, 03:02 AM
    That is ridiculous. More proof, if any more was needed, that Apple made a big mistake in changing over to Intel.

    No more proof is needed. The stock is up, sales are great, performance is continually climbing...what were they thinking....





    mike huckabee. Mike Huckabee in West Virginia
  • Mike Huckabee in West Virginia



  • emotion
    Sep 20, 09:05 AM
    Slightly OT but bear with me.

    The Topfield TF5800 (see above) isn't fully HD capable but it's technically possible that it can record HD streams for use on your computer.

    In this instance the iTV would be very useful (back on topic now :) ).





    mike huckabee. Mike Huckabee Expresses Deep
  • Mike Huckabee Expresses Deep



  • xIGmanIx
    Apr 10, 09:40 AM
    Who cares? This is public relations people, something apple already knows how to manipulate. Is nothing to do with advancing their gaming core skills, next





    mjstew33
    Jul 12, 12:42 AM
    Same here, I am ready to buy a Mac Pro. :)
    But why?

    You have a MacBook Pro AND a PowerMac G5 DUAL 2.3GHz.

    What the hell do you do that requires such a powerful machine? :rolleyes:





    adamfilip
    Jul 12, 08:44 AM
    i think all the new mac pro will be quad core xeons (2 chips) just range in frequency.





    mspman
    May 5, 12:45 PM
    I've noticed over the past few weeks there have been more issues than normal with AT&T in Minneapolis. Last week and the week before it I was getting at least 1 dropped call a day, sometimes two. And there are times when I'm in my condo when I don't get 3G, only EDGE. And I live downtown, so this should not be happening. Very frustrating!!





    UnixMac
    Oct 9, 11:31 AM
    Well, lets hope that G5 will help the programmer and be less code intensive.





    wovel
    Apr 21, 12:43 PM
    Yeah! My battery lasts for upwards of two days. Definitely not comparable at all to an iPhone.

    Inferior interface is subjective, and you've given no reference so that comment is irrelevant.

    Name me one app that you have on your iPhone that doesn't have a similar if not identical app on the Android Market.

    What phone do you have? My iPhone battery lasts 3 or 4 days if I don't do anything , who cares.

    Real Netflix App
    Any Game made by Epic
    About 2/3s of EAs games. (and the ones there only run on like 2 phones).

    This is just the beginning.. I could add 100 more if you like. Your free tethering is no different then getting free tethering on an iPhone. It is not carrier supported (At least on AT&T) and they will always be working to try and block it.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment