jsw
Aug 26, 06:51 PM
Note: I believe I accidentally merged someone's (possibly a couple of people's) posts into BWhaler's post (3 above this post). Sorry. :o
aristotle
Apr 6, 04:54 PM
If the sales are so bad why don't they just replace it from the stock they have?
Why put out good money after bad? Shouldn't Motorola be responsible for providing a new demo unit?
If there are no sales then why should the store bother spending their own money on creating a demo unit out of one of the units on sale?
Why put out good money after bad? Shouldn't Motorola be responsible for providing a new demo unit?
If there are no sales then why should the store bother spending their own money on creating a demo unit out of one of the units on sale?
Warbrain
Aug 25, 02:54 PM
I suspect a large amount of the issues are stemming from the problems with the Intel Macs and people are probably calling more about these problems. I could be wrong.
But yesterday did suck. That site went down in an instant. But then again, the Apple recall got a whole lot more news coverage than the Dell recall.
But yesterday did suck. That site went down in an instant. But then again, the Apple recall got a whole lot more news coverage than the Dell recall.
Nuvi
Apr 11, 01:21 AM
This is a little more out there but my friend has a theory that Apple has let Kevin Smith use the new Final Cut to cut and make his new film that is coming it. The importance of this is that he feels movie making is going the way of music making these days. He believes anything under 20 million is going to be funded independently, not released via movie studios and will sell the movies directly to the theaters.
He feels only the big blockbuster movies like Transformers and stuff will be left the studios, much like many musicians are skipping the record companies and making and releasing music themselves.
Like I said, the Kevin Smith idea he had is just a theory he has, not a rumor. The Final Cut rumors are spot on and if I was a betting man I would expect to see a new version demoed next week.
Kevin Smith used Avid products for Red State. So no FCP there. Regarding the industry, you want the money and backing from studios if you want make living in moving image. The fact remains, making movies costs far far more then making music. You just can't pull $20 million out of your ass and still keep doing what you do.
He feels only the big blockbuster movies like Transformers and stuff will be left the studios, much like many musicians are skipping the record companies and making and releasing music themselves.
Like I said, the Kevin Smith idea he had is just a theory he has, not a rumor. The Final Cut rumors are spot on and if I was a betting man I would expect to see a new version demoed next week.
Kevin Smith used Avid products for Red State. So no FCP there. Regarding the industry, you want the money and backing from studios if you want make living in moving image. The fact remains, making movies costs far far more then making music. You just can't pull $20 million out of your ass and still keep doing what you do.
HecubusPro
Aug 26, 12:01 PM
The best way to let a company know that you're not satisfied with them is to drop their product and go with a competitor. That's one of the reasons why I'm switching from PC to Mac (not that Bill Gates really cares :) )
The worst way to let a company know you're not satisfied with them is to gripe about it on a web board that they don't read (i.e. not their support site.)
If you're dissatisfied, go with something else. I know that's hard for a lot of the followers of the cult of Mac, but if you're that upset, drop Apple and go with a competitor. If it's not that bad, then we'll just have to deal with it whether it improves or not.
Macs and the Mac OS still are the superior products and system. Hopefully Apple will step up to the challenge of a larger user base sooner than later and fix their broken support system.
The worst way to let a company know you're not satisfied with them is to gripe about it on a web board that they don't read (i.e. not their support site.)
If you're dissatisfied, go with something else. I know that's hard for a lot of the followers of the cult of Mac, but if you're that upset, drop Apple and go with a competitor. If it's not that bad, then we'll just have to deal with it whether it improves or not.
Macs and the Mac OS still are the superior products and system. Hopefully Apple will step up to the challenge of a larger user base sooner than later and fix their broken support system.
ruutiveijari
Sep 19, 02:28 AM
I hate this "one week until new ******" -time of the year when I'm going to buy something new. Last time I decided to wait was with the PowerBooks. Someone said next tuesday (quite a few times) I believed it and I'm still using my PB G4.
Now I'm the market for a new MacBook and ... Well.
Damn. Though the interesting thing is I don't need the speed increase, My Core Duo iMac is too fast for my mediocre every day use. It still want Merom, badly, not knowing why.
EDIT: typo
Now I'm the market for a new MacBook and ... Well.
Damn. Though the interesting thing is I don't need the speed increase, My Core Duo iMac is too fast for my mediocre every day use. It still want Merom, badly, not knowing why.
EDIT: typo
Peterkro
Mar 24, 02:08 PM
The vast majority of conservatives are WASP-ish,

candidate Mike Huckabee
Manic Mouse
Aug 27, 04:54 AM
Yup, heat is no problem. :) Cost on the other hand is. Going from a 2.4 GHz Conroe from a 1.83 GHz Yonah on the low-end is roughly a 30% increase in cost JUST for the CPU. As for your "iMac Ultra"...
$1000 - 2.93 GHz Conroe
$800 - 23" Display
$300 - X1900
$400 - Hard Drive, Optical Drive, RAM etc.
+ Build costs, marketing costs, logic board cost, casing costs etc.
+ Apple's profit margin
And you are easily looking at a $3000 machine.
I want to see:

Huckabee votes Mike Huckabee

Mike and Janet Huckabee were

Huckabee Wife: Mike Huckabee, Janet Huckabee - Huckabee Campaigns As January 3rd Iowa . Source: http://www.life.com/image/78693466

Mike Huckabee and his wife,

Mike Huckabee#39;s Wife-Janet

Image Credit: AP; Mike Huckabee with his wife Janet Huckabee, left, talks with campaign workers in Manchester, New Hampshire.

Janet Huckabee - 2008

Former Governor Mike Huckabee

Republican Mike Huckabee and

Mike Huckabee Program

Huckabee, with his wife Janet
$1000 - 2.93 GHz Conroe
$800 - 23" Display
$300 - X1900
$400 - Hard Drive, Optical Drive, RAM etc.
+ Build costs, marketing costs, logic board cost, casing costs etc.
+ Apple's profit margin
And you are easily looking at a $3000 machine.
I want to see:
mdriftmeyer
Apr 25, 03:56 PM
Except secured
How does an encrypted db aide your sense of security when the information is about publicly listed cell towers [FCC registered], and ends up at Google which profiles your activities for trends which then allows them to resell this information through their AdSense service and more?
How did your sense of security become violated when the Telcos have historically sold your contact information to third parties who flood your mail box with junk mail and get you on lists w/o your consent? Does it send you through the roof that your liberties are being violated?
Do you scream at Safeway, Albertsons, Starbucks and every other business that profiles your buying habits that it pushes you to file a class action lawsuit?
I think not.
This and all subsequent lawsuits will be thrown out. Apple is in compliance with the FCC rules and regulations set by Congress.
If you notice, Congress has been conspicuously absent since sending off a letter to Steven P. Jobs.
The only people pushing this story are blogs and journalists [HuffingtonPost, WSJ, etc] because it gets them massive click through results.
People are crying about a location service doing what it's designed to do, yet they acted as if RFID tags that WalMart wanted to deploy, a few years back, was no big deal.
One of the obvious reasons Apple sees no reason to encrypt the db is it's one extra process to decrypt/encrypt each time a new tower cell is logged to the phone as it keeps probing for the best signal, shortest path to that signal solution, across a spread spectrum.
But then again, I forget that 99% of all consumers are Physicists, Engineers, Mathematicians, Doctors, and we produce children with Ph.D's ala Wesley Crusher dealing with Particle Physics at the tender age of 15 so commonly that the thought of an unintelligent human has long since become a relic to the evolution of the species.
While everyone screams about tracking they conveniently ignore the IP address that keeps them tracked using their own computer(s).
How does an encrypted db aide your sense of security when the information is about publicly listed cell towers [FCC registered], and ends up at Google which profiles your activities for trends which then allows them to resell this information through their AdSense service and more?
How did your sense of security become violated when the Telcos have historically sold your contact information to third parties who flood your mail box with junk mail and get you on lists w/o your consent? Does it send you through the roof that your liberties are being violated?
Do you scream at Safeway, Albertsons, Starbucks and every other business that profiles your buying habits that it pushes you to file a class action lawsuit?
I think not.
This and all subsequent lawsuits will be thrown out. Apple is in compliance with the FCC rules and regulations set by Congress.
If you notice, Congress has been conspicuously absent since sending off a letter to Steven P. Jobs.
The only people pushing this story are blogs and journalists [HuffingtonPost, WSJ, etc] because it gets them massive click through results.
People are crying about a location service doing what it's designed to do, yet they acted as if RFID tags that WalMart wanted to deploy, a few years back, was no big deal.
One of the obvious reasons Apple sees no reason to encrypt the db is it's one extra process to decrypt/encrypt each time a new tower cell is logged to the phone as it keeps probing for the best signal, shortest path to that signal solution, across a spread spectrum.
But then again, I forget that 99% of all consumers are Physicists, Engineers, Mathematicians, Doctors, and we produce children with Ph.D's ala Wesley Crusher dealing with Particle Physics at the tender age of 15 so commonly that the thought of an unintelligent human has long since become a relic to the evolution of the species.
While everyone screams about tracking they conveniently ignore the IP address that keeps them tracked using their own computer(s).
econgeek
Apr 12, 08:40 PM
Migrated to the new thread.
Gatesbasher
Mar 31, 08:26 PM
This is where the Android "community" is going to split.
The ones we've heard from today don't give a crap about "open" or "closed" or Google or anything else other than the fact that Android is not Apple and is stealing some sales from Apple. They'll defend whatever Google does, because all they want is a platform that's not by Apple to take over the mobile space.
The true believers in the "open" propaganda, as ridiculous as it is and as untrue as it's always been, are probably still in a state of shock. By tomorrow they'll split into two warring camps. One will defend everything Google does because they perceive—wrongly of course—that Android is still in some indefinable way more open than iOS, and they'll blow that little invisible kernel of "openness" up until that's all they can see.
The other camp will be viciously angry at Google's betrayal of the True Religion™ and will be flailing around for some other messiah to deliver them from the "Walled Garden" of Apple and now, Android. These are the people who were saying the other day that "Motorola could rot" with their own OS.
Any suggestions on who the zealots will turn to in their hour of despair? I honestly can't think of a candidate, but then I'm not nuts—at least not that way.
The ones we've heard from today don't give a crap about "open" or "closed" or Google or anything else other than the fact that Android is not Apple and is stealing some sales from Apple. They'll defend whatever Google does, because all they want is a platform that's not by Apple to take over the mobile space.
The true believers in the "open" propaganda, as ridiculous as it is and as untrue as it's always been, are probably still in a state of shock. By tomorrow they'll split into two warring camps. One will defend everything Google does because they perceive—wrongly of course—that Android is still in some indefinable way more open than iOS, and they'll blow that little invisible kernel of "openness" up until that's all they can see.
The other camp will be viciously angry at Google's betrayal of the True Religion™ and will be flailing around for some other messiah to deliver them from the "Walled Garden" of Apple and now, Android. These are the people who were saying the other day that "Motorola could rot" with their own OS.
Any suggestions on who the zealots will turn to in their hour of despair? I honestly can't think of a candidate, but then I'm not nuts—at least not that way.
DeVizardofOZ
Aug 26, 04:34 AM
Now apple is switching to Intel, They don't have that expirience that they had with the "old" powermacs...
...When the APPLE management decided to go with the INTEL platform, I considered that an intelligent decision, even though I think they should have kept the door open to AMD (maybe they have internally). At the same time they knew the possible problems, and should have done their soft- as well as hardware-homework, like R&D. Now it seems they do what MS has been doing for the past decades with their problem stricken OS's... let the poor consumer do it for them... Very bad policy!
I will buy a MBP, but will wait until things get better. By doing so I probably will get the benefit of an new formfactor, the MEROM, a faster FSB, maybe even a higher resolution on the 17"... We'll see.
...When the APPLE management decided to go with the INTEL platform, I considered that an intelligent decision, even though I think they should have kept the door open to AMD (maybe they have internally). At the same time they knew the possible problems, and should have done their soft- as well as hardware-homework, like R&D. Now it seems they do what MS has been doing for the past decades with their problem stricken OS's... let the poor consumer do it for them... Very bad policy!
I will buy a MBP, but will wait until things get better. By doing so I probably will get the benefit of an new formfactor, the MEROM, a faster FSB, maybe even a higher resolution on the 17"... We'll see.
Dalton63841
Apr 27, 09:46 AM
Barack Husein Obama was born in Kenya! Now we have proof!!! Look, it says it right there!! :rolleyes:
Im really hoping the odd smiley means you are joking, and not that you just don't know how to read a birth certificate.
EDIT: LOL I get it...His father has the same name.
Im really hoping the odd smiley means you are joking, and not that you just don't know how to read a birth certificate.
EDIT: LOL I get it...His father has the same name.
diamond.g
Mar 22, 02:53 PM
Rand didn't trip on the Civil Rights Act? Ok, only if you agree with him that entire towns in the South should have the right to discriminate like they used to. The free market will sort it out... just like it did before the civil rights act.
At some point all the discriminated folks would have started their own businesses and everything would have been a-ok right? Isn't that how the free market is supposed to work? :D
At some point all the discriminated folks would have started their own businesses and everything would have been a-ok right? Isn't that how the free market is supposed to work? :D
Al Coholic
Apr 6, 05:21 PM
Based on the heat being generated by the new MB pros I hope Apple issues a fire extinguisher with each Air. :eek:
CFreymarc
Mar 31, 05:59 PM
This is a smart move. It had to happen sooner or later.
John Gruber would eat Steve Job's ***** if he could. His opinion is extremely biased.
Tightening controls? How about Google having final right of refusal toward any mass production Bill of Materials for any Android phone going into production? That will keep the manufacturing accountants from screwing over the developers taking a $0.76 of parts out to save on a run but generate a million man hours of bug fixing in the third party developer community.
John Gruber would eat Steve Job's ***** if he could. His opinion is extremely biased.
Tightening controls? How about Google having final right of refusal toward any mass production Bill of Materials for any Android phone going into production? That will keep the manufacturing accountants from screwing over the developers taking a $0.76 of parts out to save on a run but generate a million man hours of bug fixing in the third party developer community.
TripHop
Jun 18, 06:30 AM
He said they gave up and that corporate is just going to send out whatever allocation next week not based on any PIN numbers since most stores give-up trying to get them. :rolleyes:
spencers
Jun 15, 02:29 PM
So did I! She called me and gave me my pin 24000000xxxxx.
Neat, I'm 22000000xxxxx
Neat, I'm 22000000xxxxx
Manic Mouse
Aug 27, 04:54 AM
Yup, heat is no problem. :) Cost on the other hand is. Going from a 2.4 GHz Conroe from a 1.83 GHz Yonah on the low-end is roughly a 30% increase in cost JUST for the CPU. As for your "iMac Ultra"...
$1000 - 2.93 GHz Conroe
$800 - 23" Display
$300 - X1900
$400 - Hard Drive, Optical Drive, RAM etc.
+ Build costs, marketing costs, logic board cost, casing costs etc.
+ Apple's profit margin
And you are easily looking at a $3000 machine.
I want to see:
$1000 - 2.93 GHz Conroe
$800 - 23" Display
$300 - X1900
$400 - Hard Drive, Optical Drive, RAM etc.
+ Build costs, marketing costs, logic board cost, casing costs etc.
+ Apple's profit margin
And you are easily looking at a $3000 machine.
I want to see:
Teddy's
Nov 29, 11:07 AM
...Major labels ceased to produce anything of worth quite some time ago.
Oh yes! some major label releases:
Grwen Pstefanny, Perris Hill Tong, Christeena Aguelara
*choking*
Oh yes! some major label releases:
Grwen Pstefanny, Perris Hill Tong, Christeena Aguelara
*choking*
Silentwave
Aug 20, 12:54 AM
That's okay. No worries. I just get a little defensive when I spend $5000 on a new system, and then see you posting about how it'll be better with Clovertown. But that's my problem I guess. :rolleyes:
Anyway, it's all cool.
but it might not! First the programs have to be made to use all 8 cores, then you have to combat the slower FSB and RAM (533 FBD instead of 667)
Tigerton is a totally different story of course ;) :D
Anyway, it's all cool.
but it might not! First the programs have to be made to use all 8 cores, then you have to combat the slower FSB and RAM (533 FBD instead of 667)
Tigerton is a totally different story of course ;) :D
macDrewd
Mar 26, 07:01 AM
Please release OS X Lion on a cool Apple flash drive :cool:
Really don't want another DVD, my shelf is full!
Really don't want another DVD, my shelf is full!
jeanlain
Apr 10, 06:56 AM
I don't ever recall Apple ever placing any presence at/during NAB or AES
Phil Schiller showing off final cut pro 4 and DVD sp 2 at NAB 2003 says hello.
Apple was on stage at several NAB. Final Cut Pro itself was introduced there.
Phil Schiller showing off final cut pro 4 and DVD sp 2 at NAB 2003 says hello.
Apple was on stage at several NAB. Final Cut Pro itself was introduced there.
MCIowaRulz
Apr 5, 08:44 PM
I agree I for see FCP needing Mac OS X Lion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment