ImAlex
Sep 13, 09:18 PM
Apple can design better than that. It will probably not look like that. Why? Because they do not want it to look exactly as the Nano as it would confuse people. That design does not make sense to me.
I think and hope they will make a new Newton, more a Apple PDA than a iPod with phone capabilities.
It is time for Apple to release a phone, but not just an iPod Phone. Look at the patent Apple made some days ago, it looks more like a PDA/Smartphone than phone which is great.
I think and hope they will make a new Newton, more a Apple PDA than a iPod with phone capabilities.
It is time for Apple to release a phone, but not just an iPod Phone. Look at the patent Apple made some days ago, it looks more like a PDA/Smartphone than phone which is great.
Duujo
Aug 28, 06:03 PM
Quote:
"Originally Posted by X5-452
So, uh.... PowerBook G5's tomorrow?"
I think my new rule will be to automatically place anyone using that line on my ignore list.
It lost its funny a long time ago.:rolleyes:
Ha, it makes me laugh still, 'cause it annoys other people..! :p
"Originally Posted by X5-452
So, uh.... PowerBook G5's tomorrow?"
I think my new rule will be to automatically place anyone using that line on my ignore list.
It lost its funny a long time ago.:rolleyes:
Ha, it makes me laugh still, 'cause it annoys other people..! :p
pmbooks
Sep 14, 09:33 AM
I agree that this is a whole lotta waiting for godot. Still, can I ask those of you with some knowledge on this: Apple is replacing my MBP in the next week...they say. My question is: in the event they release some sort of upgrade, can I return it unopened for a swap within 14 days of receiving it?
appleguy
Sep 4, 09:54 PM
Okay, a FrontRow/AirPort Express/iTunes-downloadable Media Center device is SWEET!! I bet that is EXACTLY what we see Apple delivering!!
Now my bet is on that Apple has been watching this thread to see what we come up with and will now halt the announcement of this great device to punish us all:rolleyes:
Now my bet is on that Apple has been watching this thread to see what we come up with and will now halt the announcement of this great device to punish us all:rolleyes:
Sydde
Apr 11, 08:09 PM
Is it emissions regulation or just plain laziness by the automakers?
The more paranoid might suggest that oil companies are collaborating with auto makers and the government to keep efficiency as low as they can get away with. Remember, the record for fuel economy was set in the mid 70s in a slightly modified Opel: something like 237 miles on a gallon (US) of gasoline. Highly idealized conditions no doubt, but my goodness, the average automobile today should be at least a third of the way there.
The more paranoid might suggest that oil companies are collaborating with auto makers and the government to keep efficiency as low as they can get away with. Remember, the record for fuel economy was set in the mid 70s in a slightly modified Opel: something like 237 miles on a gallon (US) of gasoline. Highly idealized conditions no doubt, but my goodness, the average automobile today should be at least a third of the way there.
fxtech
Apr 19, 08:37 AM
Who is this Samsung who has developed most of its own stuff? Living abroad casts a good shadow on Samsung, but in its home country, Sammy is just a thug with endless pockets (thanks to tax freedom granted by the Korean government). Samsung buy out other techs and then put their badge and later, establish their name as the manufacturer. They are NOT innovators.
Yeah Apple has never done that.
Except for NeXT, Motion, Final Cut Pro, Color, Aperture, the list goes on...
Yeah Apple has never done that.
Except for NeXT, Motion, Final Cut Pro, Color, Aperture, the list goes on...
Yvan256
Sep 5, 06:05 PM
OK hear me out on this one - WHAT IF Apple, in all its wisdom and foresight, avoids the format war (Blu-ray vs HD-DVD) altogether by NOT using a physical format? [...] they do something GENIUS like sell DOWNLOADABLE HD movies on their iTunes store and release a stream-to-TV device!
That's been my point of view since day one. Some kind of hardware to connect between your computer(s) and your television and you get your movies from the iTMS (iTunes Media Store).
The only thing that I'd like to see (and I'm sure I won't) is rentals. I wouldn't mind downloading 480p movies for rentals, either. It lowers the bandwidth costs, the download time, etc.
Will the "box" be an Airport Xpress (or something) or a special version of Mac mini (super-low cost, no hard drive, no optical drive, 512MB soldered on-board, not upgradable).
That's been my point of view since day one. Some kind of hardware to connect between your computer(s) and your television and you get your movies from the iTMS (iTunes Media Store).
The only thing that I'd like to see (and I'm sure I won't) is rentals. I wouldn't mind downloading 480p movies for rentals, either. It lowers the bandwidth costs, the download time, etc.
Will the "box" be an Airport Xpress (or something) or a special version of Mac mini (super-low cost, no hard drive, no optical drive, 512MB soldered on-board, not upgradable).
NT1440
Apr 19, 10:56 PM
Keep listening to corporate run media which lies and doesn't tell the whole story.. my friend, unemployment and the economy aren't getting any better.. in fact, very soon it will collapse.. as inflation starts to settle in.. and if you wanna know the truth, look at BBC and other non-corporate run media for the truth. I know in my home state its like 7.9 percent and most of the jobs are health care and IT - no industrial, no customer service, nothing else.
While I agree with not listening to corporate run media, you are severely misguided if you believe the BBC is quality journalism.
Watch John Pilgers "The war you don't see" to see just how they think they should report what world leaders say. It's shocking.
While I agree with not listening to corporate run media, you are severely misguided if you believe the BBC is quality journalism.
Watch John Pilgers "The war you don't see" to see just how they think they should report what world leaders say. It's shocking.
cozmot
Mar 23, 04:14 AM
So who said OS X is completely secure? Go back and read the statements that have been made.
That's just a straw man argument concocted to give some posters here an excuse to be argumentative, nothing more.
That's just a straw man argument concocted to give some posters here an excuse to be argumentative, nothing more.
digitalbiker
Aug 23, 07:12 PM
"I'd hardly call a [url=http://www.macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/8356/95% drop in profits "doing better than ever."
Despite MP3 players that offered more, Creative was on a downward spiral. Now they become a sheep following the iPod shepherd and Apple wins the battle.
First, Creative did not have a drop of 85% in profits.
Second, Creative makes a lot more than mp3 players. They were not going anywhere with mp3 players.
3rd, they are a very durable company, have servived many ups and downs in the computer industry and are a very efficiently run company out of Singapore.
Despite MP3 players that offered more, Creative was on a downward spiral. Now they become a sheep following the iPod shepherd and Apple wins the battle.
First, Creative did not have a drop of 85% in profits.
Second, Creative makes a lot more than mp3 players. They were not going anywhere with mp3 players.
3rd, they are a very durable company, have servived many ups and downs in the computer industry and are a very efficiently run company out of Singapore.
flopticalcube
Apr 25, 01:34 PM
Mac rumors are like busses. You wait forever for one to come along and then several pop up at once.
Rodimus Prime
Apr 25, 12:45 AM
I personally love how I get the bad rap, when the woman was the one going under the speed limit and attempted to breakcheck me first. She got what was coming to her. Had she just had some common courtesy and moved over, nothing would of happened. Instead she decided that she had to play traffic cop.
You people are all laughable.
-Don
and you doing 20 mph over the limit was a good idea?
A rarely if ever a good idea.
2 you lack the experience to even know how to drive that much over the limit.
3 fact that she had to go out of your way quickly tells me you really screwed up. I know if I saw someone flying up on me I might flash my brake lights (not slow down but flash them) to get them to slow down and back off. Force them to see me and people see brake lights they tend to slow down. I have gotten people like you to smoke their tires before. Mind you I was in the left lane. Had a semi truck to my right and I was going threw a pass. They come flying up on me and get on my bumper. I press my brakes just hard enough to cause the lights to come on but my speed stays the same. They smoke their tires and give me some breathing room. Works every time to get people to back off.
You people are all laughable.
-Don
and you doing 20 mph over the limit was a good idea?
A rarely if ever a good idea.
2 you lack the experience to even know how to drive that much over the limit.
3 fact that she had to go out of your way quickly tells me you really screwed up. I know if I saw someone flying up on me I might flash my brake lights (not slow down but flash them) to get them to slow down and back off. Force them to see me and people see brake lights they tend to slow down. I have gotten people like you to smoke their tires before. Mind you I was in the left lane. Had a semi truck to my right and I was going threw a pass. They come flying up on me and get on my bumper. I press my brakes just hard enough to cause the lights to come on but my speed stays the same. They smoke their tires and give me some breathing room. Works every time to get people to back off.
RMXO
Mar 3, 05:15 PM
In related news:
BBC News - Android hit by rogue app viruses
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12633923
Ouch
This is the downside of "Open Source". I have both Android & iP4. I have to watch what I install on my Android but not with my iP4 (The plus side to "Closed Walled Garden".
BBC News - Android hit by rogue app viruses
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12633923
Ouch
This is the downside of "Open Source". I have both Android & iP4. I have to watch what I install on my Android but not with my iP4 (The plus side to "Closed Walled Garden".
arn
Jul 14, 09:56 AM
wait, now conroe is "widely expected" in the powermacs? I thought woodcrest was... I still think it will be:
mac pro - woodcrest
xserve - woodcrest
imac - conroe
macbook pro - merom
macbook - merom (but months later)
mini - merom (but months later)
We shall know soon! :)
sorry about that. story updated.
arn
mac pro - woodcrest
xserve - woodcrest
imac - conroe
macbook pro - merom
macbook - merom (but months later)
mini - merom (but months later)
We shall know soon! :)
sorry about that. story updated.
arn
Platform
Sep 9, 04:49 AM
I'm thinking Apple might also dump the price of the good old iPod Shuffle to $29 for a 512... They'll sell like hot cakes at that price!
Count me in for one :D
Count me in for one :D
rtharper
Sep 14, 12:10 PM
I work in a government building. With ours there is a rule about cameras but it isn't strict.
Basically they say there is a difference between holding your phone as if you're going to take a picture and holding your camera when your texting, which we're supposed to at break (unless you're a manager and you have a work phone)
Do you deal with classified material? The rule isn't important at the facility I worked at unless it was an area where clearance was required to enter.
Basically they say there is a difference between holding your phone as if you're going to take a picture and holding your camera when your texting, which we're supposed to at break (unless you're a manager and you have a work phone)
Do you deal with classified material? The rule isn't important at the facility I worked at unless it was an area where clearance was required to enter.
Vegasman
Apr 28, 08:19 PM
this pretty much sums it up.
Here is what it looks like if you got in on both on day one. Just saying...
283423
Here is what it looks like if you got in on both on day one. Just saying...
283423
VenusianSky
Mar 30, 12:22 PM
There was a guy that I went to school with name Bill that had this crazy idea of programming his own operating system and calling it "Bill's Gates". I wonder if he could of trademark that? It was back in the Windows 95 days.
halhiker
Sep 5, 01:31 AM
I don't really get the point of wireless video unless you can somehow incorporate a pause feature into it. What am I going to do with the video if I have to answer the door or phone or go to the can or get a snack? Do I have to go to my computer and reset the video and hope that when it streams to the TV or whatever it's at the right spot? For me it would be much easier to just move the movie to my iPod, put the iPod in a dock with a remote and watch it that way. Unless maybe the new airport device has it's own remote! Now that might be interesting. :D
Hal
Hal
AvSRoCkCO1067
Aug 23, 05:13 PM
Too bad Apple had to pay when they didn't really infringe.
But, it's good that the lawsuits are done with.
We'll see what Creative's next moves are. More accessories and less hardware?
applerocks
My guess is that Apple really did infringe - Steve sounded a little pissed off in his comments, but he also sounded like he really did lose...otherwise, they wouldn't have paid Creative 100 million dollars....:rolleyes:
But, it's good that the lawsuits are done with.
We'll see what Creative's next moves are. More accessories and less hardware?
applerocks
My guess is that Apple really did infringe - Steve sounded a little pissed off in his comments, but he also sounded like he really did lose...otherwise, they wouldn't have paid Creative 100 million dollars....:rolleyes:
zhemgang
Sep 14, 10:02 AM
The Apple laptops are a staple machine for Mac using pro photographers so this would be a perfect event to announce an upgrade along with a new version of Aperture. It would look rather odd to have new C2D iMacs and MacPros without an upgraded MBP.
muncyweb
Mar 23, 06:45 PM
I started doing like this guy (http://www.speedtrapahead.org) a while back when a revenue officer started hiding in a church parking lot near my house. As soon as the "Speed Trap Ahead" sign went up in my yard, what-d-ya-know!...no more sirens! If the people will make this their responsibility, it will no longer be as profitable for them.
uv23
Sep 12, 09:20 PM
Apple's whole new "black is top of the line" trend is thoroughly idiotic. I literally removed my credit card from my wallet when I read on the event stream that Apple had released an 8gb nano, then replaced it when I read on about the 8gb model being black only. I hate black electronics. I want an aluminum 8gb iPod to match my PowerBook. Is that so much to ask?? Fine, if they want to only allow black for 8gb, but why limit us. Stupid stupid stupid.:mad:
roadbloc
Apr 22, 07:21 AM
This sounds great..... will it be free?
Is the world flat?
Is the world flat?
No comments:
Post a Comment