Sunday, May 8, 2011

jeff gordon 2011

jeff gordon 2011. Behold Jeff Gordon#39;s newly
  • Behold Jeff Gordon#39;s newly



  • madoka
    Mar 18, 06:07 PM
    Obviously, Apple will freak (what else is new...), but all this does is provide a shortcut around the burn-to-CD-and-rerip shortcut that's built into iTunes.

    Wouldn't this shortcut result in a loss in sound quality?





    jeff gordon 2011. Jeff Gordon notched his 70th
  • Jeff Gordon notched his 70th



  • appleguy123
    Apr 22, 08:44 PM
    As I said in my first post, most atheists that I speak to don't put this much thought and care into their atheism. They just take it for granted that it won't be challenged.

    How can you prove something's existence that exists outside of time and space? I don't think it's possible except through pure reason.

    I don't Know what type of Atheists you meet, but most of those in this forum(theists too :D) DO argue their beliefs and do not expect them to go unchecked.





    jeff gordon 2011. Jeff Gordon Jeff Gordon,
  • Jeff Gordon Jeff Gordon,



  • Rt&Dzine
    Mar 13, 05:29 PM
    Not really. Chernobyl has an estimated death toll of 4000. Let's multiply that by 10 for arguments sake. More people are killed each year in the US alone by car accidents. Nuclear power is still a fairly minor risk.

    Huh? I agreed with you that there are more car accident deaths. But just as I said Chernobyl is an estimated death toll. My point is many deaths from a nuclear accident aren't known. I personally know someone who died from the effects of Chernobyl who wasn't included in the estimation. I'm sure there are many, many more.





    jeff gordon 2011. Jeff Gordon pulled away to
  • Jeff Gordon pulled away to



  • Multimedia
    Sep 26, 11:38 AM
    I bet I could peg all 8 cores doing a 3D render...easily. Bring them I say. This may make me hold off on my render farm idea. -mark
    Run 4 copies of Handbrake Simultaneously
    Run 4 copies of Toast Simutaneously
    Run 2 copies of Toast and 2 copies of Handbrake Simultaneously
    Run 1 copy of Toast and 3 copies of Handbrake Simultaneously
    Run 1 copy of Handbrake and 3 copies of Toast Simultaneously
    Run 1 copy of Toast and 2 copies of Handbrake Simultaneously
    Run 1 copy of Handbrake and 2 copies of Toast Simultaneously

    All of the above would easily and immediately HOSE the 8 Core Mac Pro NOW. I need to do all of the above a lot of the time.

    I use Toast to encode and write EyeTV2 digital SD and HD Broadcast Recordings to DVD IMAGES (not DVD media) before crushing those images to excellent compact mp4 files with Handbrake. BOTH can use up to 3 cores on G5 Quads - perhaps 4 on Intel - EACH if they are allowed to run alone.





    jeff gordon 2011. Product Name: Jeff Gordon 2011
  • Product Name: Jeff Gordon 2011



  • Plymouthbreezer
    Apr 12, 10:15 PM
    For $299, sounds like a great deal. However, folks who have just dropped $999 on FCS are going to be angry! Wonder if there will be any sort of refund issued...

    I guess I'll stick with FCS for now, since Color is great, and I know the interface. DVD Studio Pro is also quite useful, and I'm unsure how this update will affect those products.





    jeff gordon 2011. Jeff Gordon Jeff Gordon,
  • Jeff Gordon Jeff Gordon,



  • Lord Blackadder
    Mar 16, 12:33 AM
    This video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2MVcAZnowo), uploaded to YouTube yesterday, has some nuclear scientists from the University of Michigan discussing the situation in Japan as they see it. They do not seem to think that a Chernobyl-level of radiation emission incident is likely, but a large but lesser radiation leak of is still possible.

    The situation is still far from stable, and as for the future reconstruction of the plant - I don't think that's an issue anyone cares about at the moment, efforts are rightly focused on stabilizing the reactor cores. But based on the structural damage to the plant and the subsequent damage wrought by the malfunctioning reactors, I think there is a good chance that several of the reactor buildings are total losses, and the remaining ones might be beyond economic repair.

    At the moment though, all bets are off. It's not looking good.





    jeff gordon 2011. Jeff Gordon 2011
  • Jeff Gordon 2011



  • skottichan
    Apr 15, 12:12 PM
    Right, because civil marriage is required for gays to have sex with each other. Nobody is forcing you to do anything. You can have sex with whomever you want to.

    We're talking about gay Catholics here, who ostensibly value being Catholic more than they value satisfying their sexual desires in a manner compatible with their sexuality. There is no theocratic regime forcing them to live as Catholics in good standing - it is a personal lifestyle choice, if you will.

    The problem is, I can't get married. I'm not allowed. Adopt? Not allowed (and the Catholic church has fought some very public battles to stop gays from adopting).

    Plus, the Church does not recognize gay marriage where it is allowed.

    I miss the good old days where I was sent to a parochial girl's boarding school, to "help me come back to God", by my step-father. Probably the best thing he unintentionally did for me. Thankfully, I suffered no bullying in school, since most of the other girls were there for similar reasons.

    I am a gay woman in her 30's, and I was devoutly Catholic until about 25 (my grandparents still hold leaving the Church against me).





    jeff gordon 2011. Product Name: Jeff Gordon 2011
  • Product Name: Jeff Gordon 2011



  • guzhogi
    May 5, 02:21 PM
    Two weeks ago my service was flaking out. Couldn't make calls or get to 3G all day. Wasn't too happy. Wentthe AT&T store to go vent and the hottest clerk, I have ever seen, was working. She was so hot, she should have been over at VS in VS modellling something for me. wink, wink. nudge, nudge. ;) She said they were working on a go-live of 12 new towers. The engineers had screwed up the configs. So the new towers and some of the old towers weren't playing nice with network. I live in mostly Verizon country. AT&T has been making improvements out the whaz. They finalized the deal for Centennial Wireless. Alot of those towers flipped to ATT recently. So for me, my piece of the network got bigger & better. Now mind you this girl was so good looking she could have told me to set my iPhone on fire and I would have given it serious consideration. It seems like AT&T is trying to act like it cares. So back to mis hottie. I asked for her phone number. ANd she told me, 1-800-331-0500. I think she likes me.

    Pics of her?

    My sister keeps asking when the iPhone is coming to Verizon. She really wants an iPhone, but hates AT&T.

    And just so you know, my sister's married. Sorry guys.





    jeff gordon 2011. jeff gordon 2011 phoenix.
  • jeff gordon 2011 phoenix.



  • iStudentUK
    Apr 24, 09:36 AM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Remember, although most posters here are from the US a large number are not. In Western Europe the number if religious peope is lower than in the US (most definitely people can be more open about their lack of religion here), and it plays a much lessor role in life/society. That may add to the impression that there are lots of atheists on here.

    There could be many other reasons as well, for example the average age of posters on here is likely to be less than in the population at large.





    jeff gordon 2011. Jeff Gordon 2011 Magnetic
  • Jeff Gordon 2011 Magnetic



  • flopticalcube
    Apr 22, 10:51 PM
    Also, the existence of a creator doesn't mean that there is an afterlife for any human.

    or vice versa for that matter.





    jeff gordon 2011. Jeff Gordon#39;s car  is
  • Jeff Gordon#39;s car is



  • leekohler
    Apr 15, 10:20 AM
    Agreed. But you know what, some people deserve not one ounce of respect.

    You would be one of them. It stings when the mirror is held up in front of you, doesn't it? I was like you at one time too, and I know where you are right now. At some point, you will come to understand that there is a difference between people who are simply trying to be themselves (us) and people who are trying to keep us from being ourselves (social conservatives). One deserves respect, one does not.





    jeff gordon 2011. Jeff Gordon 2011 Weekly
  • Jeff Gordon 2011 Weekly



  • mward333
    Apr 15, 10:26 AM
    Everybody deserves love and respect--it seems to me that this project is supportive of this notion. Very cool indeed.





    jeff gordon 2011. Jeff Gordon Jeff Gordon,
  • Jeff Gordon Jeff Gordon,



  • NathanMuir
    Apr 24, 11:49 AM
    I figured I'd use this wonderful Easter Sunday (a day spent celebrating the beginning of Spring and absolutely nothing else), to pose a question that I have.... What's the deal with religious people? After many a spirited thread about religion, I still can't wrap my head around what keeps people in the faith nowadays. I'm not talking about those people in third world nations, who have lived their entire lives under religion and know of nothing else. I'm talking about your Americans (North and South), your Europeans, the people who have access to any information they want to get (and some they don't) who should know better by now. And yet, in thread after thread, these people still swear that their way is the only way. No matter what logic you use, they can twist the words from their holy books and change the meaning of things to, in their minds, completely back up their point of view. Is it stubbornness, the inability to admit that you were wrong about something so important for so long? Is it fear? If I admit this is BS, I go to hell? Simple ignorance? Please remember, I'm not talking about just believing in a higher power, I mean those who believe in religion, Jews, Christian, etc.

    If you strike a bias and confrontational tone, you get one in return. ;)

    And people wonder why PRSI conversations revolve in endless circles, rehashing the same tired subject matter...





    jeff gordon 2011. jeff gordon 2011 win.
  • jeff gordon 2011 win.



  • Lara F
    May 5, 01:53 PM
    Funny bit of irony - I went to Lake Placid NY for a sports competition last fall where a main sponsor was AT&T - logo on the side of the boards, booth set up etc.

    Tower went down second day and there was zero service for 24h. :o

    Now that AT&T offers a Canada plan with no extra long-distance fees, I may actually start talking on my iPhone for more extensive periods of time. Should be interesting to compare with Verizon...so far my frustration in NYC has been more over unavailable/slow internet connection than dropped calls.





    jeff gordon 2011. Jeff Gordon 2011 #24 Drive For
  • Jeff Gordon 2011 #24 Drive For



  • AppleDroid
    Apr 13, 01:09 PM
    As a new After Effects user this is good news! I prefer Final Cut to Premiere but I never liked Motion so to be able to get it for cheap (as a stand alone) would be a wonderful option.





    jeff gordon 2011. jeff gordon 2011. jeff gordon
  • jeff gordon 2011. jeff gordon



  • Evangelion
    Jul 12, 06:47 AM
    Way, costs about $1 for Apple to fix it. Great!

    So what?

    You cannot put a price tag for components such as CPU and GPU that get updated with every single hardware revision. Yes, in time they become more capable with every revision, but the relative price of such components does not change that much.

    So you are saying that dual-core Core Due CPU costs Apple about as much as the G4 did? back when Mini had G4, the CPU was bottom of the barrel, with prices to match. The Core Duo (or solo for that matter) are actually very good CPU's and they do cost more than the G4 did. SO-DIMM is also more expenside than regural DDR-SDRAM is.

    The built-in wireless on the other hand is something of extra value; however, Apple cuts its own costs of eliminating an option, so it should not cost the customer that much extra.

    Why not? The customer receives more, why shouldn't he pay more for it? "because it doesn't cost that much more to the company!" Well boo-hoo! I bet that a car with 2-liter engine doesn't REALLY cost that much more to make than similar car with 1.6-liter engine, yet we have to pay more for the bigger engine. By your logic they should cost the same?

    And how about the remote?

    You should compare dollars to dollars when you say one is cheaper than another. You buy items with dollars and that's it. You look at the numbers and say that smaller value is cheaper. Didn't your mother teach you that?

    OK, compare the prices then. You will see that you could buy a Mac Mini for $599 back then. And guess what? You can buy a Mac Mini for $599 even today! True, you can't get one for $499, but at this point I feel compelled to ask: So what? Since when did Macs become the rock-bottom computers with prices to match?

    Hell, I have been watching some old Stevenotes recently. And I remember him introducing PowerMacs with prices starting at $1499. Why aren't we whining because PowerMacs are more expensive today?





    jeff gordon 2011. jeff gordon 2011 phoenix win
  • jeff gordon 2011 phoenix win



  • Cerebrus' Maw
    Feb 23, 06:40 PM
    Android is going to do what Windows did. Those who like that Windows experience (read "cheap") are going to go in that direction. Those that want the elegant, minimalistic, rock solid OS, continue to stay with iPhone.


    Cheap? Android is simply software. It could run on hardware that cost a billion dollars or substantially less. And I'm pretty sure that there are Android phones out there that actually cost more then the 3GS. Does that make the Iphone a 'cheap' product.

    And even if your argument held, why do we always equate expense with quality. There are plenty of cheap products out there that perform significantly better then their so called premium rivals. Every one applauded Apple for lowering the initial target price of the Ipad. But you wouldn't exactly call it cheap in a derogatory way.


    Lastly, I have tried both types of phones. Are you kidding me? 'Drois software is absolutely awful.

    I don't know do you mean Droid or Android here (Remember, one does not equal the other. Droid is a name of a phone from Motorola, Android is the open software operating system) Droid runs V2.0 of Android. The current Android army is running on 2.1, which everyone agreed was a massive improvement, and generally put it on Iphone level. There are some areas that need improvement, such as the Media player, but then there are other area's where it simply excels.





    jeff gordon 2011. Product Name: Jeff Gordon 2011
  • Product Name: Jeff Gordon 2011



  • dgree03
    Apr 28, 09:30 AM
    Let me try to explain what I mean from a different angle:

    The number of PCs being sold could remain constant and still fall behind tablet sales in the future. Why? The market expands. Think about who could use a mainframe back in the day. Very few companies. Then minicomputers came along and suddenly many more companies could get one. The market expanded, and even if mainframe sales remained constant, minicomputer sales surpassed them.

    Tablets will appeal to those who never got comfortable with PCs. Or who never bothered getting one at all. I've personally seen toddlers and 80-year-olds gravitate toward the iPad naturally. It just fits them perfectly. There's none of that artificial abstraction of a keyboard or mouse between their fingers and the device, they just interact directly. It appeals to them.

    Someone who uses a PC almost exclusively for email and web surfing will find a tablet appealing to them.

    Programmers and professional writers used to keyboards will not find a tablet appealing to them. Not yet, at least.

    So when the market balloons yet again to take in the Tablet Era, PCs will continue to be sold, but the number of users in this new market will be larger than the market that existed in the PC Era. Many PC users will move to tablets, and many folks who never enjoyed (or even used) PCs will grab a tablet. It will be bigger than the PC market by 2020.

    And by the way, the price premium referred to earlier in this thread? That's unique to Macs versus PCs because Apple does not compete in the low-end of the market. But in the smart phone and tablet markets, there is NO price premium. One day people will forget that Apple ever made "high-priced" items since it simply won't be true compared with the competition.

    As for Apple never making headway, they are merely the most profitable computer company on the planet. Nice lack of headway if you can get it.

    Oh i completely understand what you mean, thanks for the further clarification.

    Lets not forget that we are dealing with a more "computer" savvy generation. Your examples of 80yr olds and infants is generally correct, but when those infants get to school, they will be using desktops(at school.) I think the barrier that existed with PC emergence in the late 80's is still prevalent today, not with the youger crowd anyway.

    I think it will get to the point where people will have multiple devices in their homes. Just like people have laptops, desktops, and tablets(like myself) They will each have a place, but I just dont think tablets will run desktops and laptops out of peoples homes and time in the next 10-15 years.





    jeff gordon 2011. 2011 Jeff Gordon #24 Pepsi Max
  • 2011 Jeff Gordon #24 Pepsi Max



  • FSUSem1noles
    Mar 18, 08:13 AM
    Bye, Bye, MyWi and TetherMe...





    shawnce
    Jul 12, 05:07 PM
    So, aside from the ability to do multiple processing, what advantages does Woodcrest have that make it mandatory to go in the pro-line? How much "faster" is it going to be over the Conroe? It's my understanding that they are identical in that respect.

    All of the Core / Core 2 based processors support SMP (they have two cores after all) but only the Xeon class chips and related chipset supports the ability to have more then a single CPU socket.






    edifyingGerbil
    Apr 23, 03:03 PM
    I haven't yet heard a good argument from a theist that used the principles of entropy or thermodynamics.

    Could you put forth one of those points?

    http://carm.org/entropy-and-causality-used-proof-gods-existence

    Of course this is a Christian Apologetics site so necessarily biased.





    jlasoon
    Apr 8, 10:28 PM
    Also, the next Apple TV will be...a fully fledged games console in disguise.:cool:

    My thoughts exactly. It almost has to be the next step for :apple:





    Huntn
    Apr 26, 07:07 PM
    Atheist believe in the non-existence of God; some as fervently as Christians believe in one.


    I'm not enough of an Atheist expert to agree with you on this, but there is definitely a difference between belief in the non-existence of God and not believing in God because there is not enough evidence. As I said previously believe in God is based on a threshold. Non belief is based on anything less the threshold of belief being reached. Maybe one of our friendly Atheists will confirm or deny. :)





    Chupa Chupa
    Apr 13, 03:57 AM
    I very much hope they are coming out with boxed version with printed manuals. Downloading pro apps or suit of pro apps from App Store without physical media or real manuals makes no sense.

    My guess is the full suite will continue to be sold as a boxed version. Apple did not announce then entire suite today, just FCP, so probably holding that for later. It's similar to the way they unbundled all the iWork apps on the App Store, but you can still buy the boxed iWork.

    I know personally, I do not have the bandwidth to d/l the entire suite and supporting media. That would take a whole day. I'll gladly pay a $50 or $100 up charge for discs.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment