wclyffe
Dec 5, 11:33 AM
The apple website lists the price as 119 + tax with free shipping.
Yeah, that's how I got the $130....its 10% tax here in CA!
Yeah, that's how I got the $130....its 10% tax here in CA!
-aggie-
May 6, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure I want to take *any* of your suggestions, seeing how your sole goal is to lead us to hell.
As for the separate groups moving through rooms, I don't see how the larger group can enter one room, then proceed into another room without setting off a trap before tail-end charlie follows along to explore the room. Are you assuming that constant "moving" turns keeps one from falling into a trap?
I'm a bit confused :confused::confused: It's easy to be confused when your swill serving wench of a wife won't even make you a fookin sammich for gawds sake!
That�s just it. DP�s messed up, unless I�ve totally misread the rules. If you don�t explore the room, you set off the trap. This is why I couldn�t figure out this splitting and speeding things up junk.
As for the separate groups moving through rooms, I don't see how the larger group can enter one room, then proceed into another room without setting off a trap before tail-end charlie follows along to explore the room. Are you assuming that constant "moving" turns keeps one from falling into a trap?
I'm a bit confused :confused::confused: It's easy to be confused when your swill serving wench of a wife won't even make you a fookin sammich for gawds sake!
That�s just it. DP�s messed up, unless I�ve totally misread the rules. If you don�t explore the room, you set off the trap. This is why I couldn�t figure out this splitting and speeding things up junk.
mscriv
May 3, 01:44 PM
Awaiting confirmation from mscriv. In the meanwhile, one slot is still open.
Ok, I'm in. Now where did I put those....
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmHh4sTAvx49pmmr5IYddZOPj92x-0Z4zTW1mLDtuWSLoj7s8whTMf9E9n
And just so we're all clear, I'm definitely Chaotic Good. :D
Ok, I'm in. Now where did I put those....
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmHh4sTAvx49pmmr5IYddZOPj92x-0Z4zTW1mLDtuWSLoj7s8whTMf9E9n
And just so we're all clear, I'm definitely Chaotic Good. :D
mscriv
May 4, 02:19 PM
another point (more for future considerations), the way a fight is set up now, if 7 people stumble on 1 monster of the lowest possible level (1/1), then even if the battle is easily won by the group (7 AP vs 1 AP), the end result is substantially a tie (monster dead and one hero dead). this doesn't seem right. you should have a situation of "overwhelming strength", where if there is a great disparity in Ap (2-fold, 3-fold?) than the losing party just dies, without inflicting any damage. or something similar
as it is now, the villain is basically guaranteed to kill one or more of the party on round 2, essentially at no cost (depending on how many initial points he had).
And it is completely independent of our actions.
Am I sensing doubt from the "fearless leader" already? I'd suggest you quit your whining and focus on the task at hand. Your decisions have already cost the group a healing treasure.
I understand your role better now. (http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/bumbling-hero-basic-class-for-d20-modern/4321803) ;)

iPHONE 4G 4 32GB PACKING BOX +

iPhone 4G 32GB Brand New

Apple iPhone 4G 32gb.

APPLE IPHONE 4 16GB/32GB SIM

Apple iPhone 4G 32GB/4GS 32GB

Brand new appple iphone 4G

FOR SALE:NEW APPLE IPHONE 4G

Apple iPhone 4G 32GB.

The apple iphone 4g 32gb comes

iPhone 4G 32GB for Sale (Black

apple iphone 4g 32gb boxed

iPhone 4G 32GB Unlocked.

Apple iPhone 4G 32GB.

Original Apple iPhone 4 32GB

APPLE iphone 4G 32GB
as it is now, the villain is basically guaranteed to kill one or more of the party on round 2, essentially at no cost (depending on how many initial points he had).
And it is completely independent of our actions.
Am I sensing doubt from the "fearless leader" already? I'd suggest you quit your whining and focus on the task at hand. Your decisions have already cost the group a healing treasure.
I understand your role better now. (http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/bumbling-hero-basic-class-for-d20-modern/4321803) ;)
Don't panic
May 4, 11:12 AM
in order to speed up the game:
i assume that either we find nothing or we disable a trap or we find a level treasure.
in any case those do not affect our immediate game, so I will already call turn2:
R1T2: Loras' group opens the top right door and moves into the next room
if in the start room we would have found something that might have affected our next move (like a special treasure of some sort, a map or the like) then please disregard the above decision.
i assume that either we find nothing or we disable a trap or we find a level treasure.
in any case those do not affect our immediate game, so I will already call turn2:
R1T2: Loras' group opens the top right door and moves into the next room
if in the start room we would have found something that might have affected our next move (like a special treasure of some sort, a map or the like) then please disregard the above decision.
kavika411
Apr 15, 07:59 PM
It seemed like a cogent point to me. Your perspective will change if you do any number of things. Bet on horse races for a living and you'll never look at a horse in the same way that other people do.
Earlier itcheroni said ...
Now I don't mean to be cruel, but he isn't making anything, creating anything or contributing anything to society through this livelihood. He's merely siphoning off the flow. And he wants to talk about perspective? It seems to me that making a living that way is guaranteed to give you a warped perspective.
It's a perspective I'm glad I don't share.
Sometimes, with answers, more says less.
You seemed to have missed it. So, I'll re-ask. My question - asked to-the-point because of your histrionics-laden rhetorical question, was this:
Where on earth did itcheroni suggest there.is.nothing.more.important.in.his.brief.life.than.gaining.wealth?
Earlier itcheroni said ...
Now I don't mean to be cruel, but he isn't making anything, creating anything or contributing anything to society through this livelihood. He's merely siphoning off the flow. And he wants to talk about perspective? It seems to me that making a living that way is guaranteed to give you a warped perspective.
It's a perspective I'm glad I don't share.
Sometimes, with answers, more says less.
You seemed to have missed it. So, I'll re-ask. My question - asked to-the-point because of your histrionics-laden rhetorical question, was this:
Where on earth did itcheroni suggest there.is.nothing.more.important.in.his.brief.life.than.gaining.wealth?
bassfingers
Apr 22, 12:18 PM
That is probably either down to your dad trying very hard to avoid tax, and/or the US tax system in its current state being too complex.
Both of those possibilities can be solved without getting rid of income tax.
I'd be equally optimistic about a reformed income tax system that was less complicated.
he spends so much time on taxes because he has 8 different businesses to take care of, most of which are involved in oil and natural gas, which have even more complicated taxes.
Please don't say "stop complaining, you're rich", because he wasn't born that way. He built those business from scratch, and i do not believed those actions should be punished with insane taxes
Both of those possibilities can be solved without getting rid of income tax.
I'd be equally optimistic about a reformed income tax system that was less complicated.
he spends so much time on taxes because he has 8 different businesses to take care of, most of which are involved in oil and natural gas, which have even more complicated taxes.
Please don't say "stop complaining, you're rich", because he wasn't born that way. He built those business from scratch, and i do not believed those actions should be punished with insane taxes
Multimedia
Aug 7, 06:18 PM
SO in the Paris expo is where we'll most likely see updated MBP?They don't need a special event for what will most likely just be an updated processor.I am one who thinks the Merom MBP will be a new design including user installable HD like on the MB. :) So I am still thinking Paris Apple Expo. Apple loves the French. ;)
Piggie
Apr 26, 02:14 PM
Anyone know what the figures are for the UK?
I get the feeling Apple products are a lot more common in the US and they have a more loyal following.
I see more people with a larger variety of devices in the UK, which is nice. Good to see individuals selecting handsets that suit them, rather than just following the pack.
I'd be interested to see UK market share, Nokia would have a higher share here to I guess. Albeit nothing like that it was a few years ago.
Actually I'd expect there to be a lot of non smart phones still in the UK, on old 18 or 24 month contracts coming to an end, so smartphone share could well jump a lot in the next year of so in the UK. Be interesting to see which way it goes.
I get the feeling Apple products are a lot more common in the US and they have a more loyal following.
I see more people with a larger variety of devices in the UK, which is nice. Good to see individuals selecting handsets that suit them, rather than just following the pack.
I'd be interested to see UK market share, Nokia would have a higher share here to I guess. Albeit nothing like that it was a few years ago.
Actually I'd expect there to be a lot of non smart phones still in the UK, on old 18 or 24 month contracts coming to an end, so smartphone share could well jump a lot in the next year of so in the UK. Be interesting to see which way it goes.
Don't panic
Apr 11, 07:06 AM
are we still debating over this?
if we stay to basic math, it depends on how you read the / sign
if it only refers to the immediately following expression then you'd have
(48/2)*(9+3)=288
if it refers to everything following, then you'd have
48/[2*(9+3)]=2
it is poorly written (or more likely purposely ambiguously written), but in such cases the left-to-right rule should prevail, making it 288. on the other hand, square brackets are way cooler than round brackets, making 2 the cool answer.
if we move to postadvanced math however, it is clear that "/" separates two expressions: 48 and 2(9+3);
- as someone already mentioned above, absence of the operator implies multiplication, so 48=4*8. now, everyone knows that by the reciprocal inversity properties multiplication is the opposite of division, therefore 4 multiplied by 8 must be equal to 8 divided by 4, which is most obviously 2 (on the left part of the expression);
- now to the right part. this is easy. Ignoring the round bracket (which as mentioned are uncool), you have 2*9+3, which gives you a very straightforward 21;
- so now we have 2/21, which as demonstrated above is equal to 21*2, which is (i hope no one disagrees on this) 42.
so please now stop with your earthlingy bickering: the answer is always 42. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
if we stay to basic math, it depends on how you read the / sign
if it only refers to the immediately following expression then you'd have
(48/2)*(9+3)=288
if it refers to everything following, then you'd have
48/[2*(9+3)]=2
it is poorly written (or more likely purposely ambiguously written), but in such cases the left-to-right rule should prevail, making it 288. on the other hand, square brackets are way cooler than round brackets, making 2 the cool answer.
if we move to postadvanced math however, it is clear that "/" separates two expressions: 48 and 2(9+3);
- as someone already mentioned above, absence of the operator implies multiplication, so 48=4*8. now, everyone knows that by the reciprocal inversity properties multiplication is the opposite of division, therefore 4 multiplied by 8 must be equal to 8 divided by 4, which is most obviously 2 (on the left part of the expression);
- now to the right part. this is easy. Ignoring the round bracket (which as mentioned are uncool), you have 2*9+3, which gives you a very straightforward 21;
- so now we have 2/21, which as demonstrated above is equal to 21*2, which is (i hope no one disagrees on this) 42.
so please now stop with your earthlingy bickering: the answer is always 42. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
baleensavage
Apr 26, 02:50 PM
This is hardly surprising considering only Apple manufactures iOS phones and new Android phones are coming out each week. What's clear from this data is RIM and the others are quickly on their way out and many of those people are buying Android phones. But I do agree with others that Apple needs to start upping their game to compete. They should start with a low-end phone that has a smaller non-retina display and a few less other features that could get iOS devices into the hands of those that won't buy an expensive smartphone.
acslater017
Apr 18, 02:57 PM
couldn't Samsung simply get back at Apple by NOT making Apple's stuff? I mean, come on.
It's a two-way relationship. By "getting back" at Apple, they'd probably be giving up their biggest customer.
All of these companies are interconnected. They support each other when it's beneficial, they attack when it's beneficial. The "wars" between game consoles, HD discs, and other competitions make strange bedfellows...
It's a two-way relationship. By "getting back" at Apple, they'd probably be giving up their biggest customer.
All of these companies are interconnected. They support each other when it's beneficial, they attack when it's beneficial. The "wars" between game consoles, HD discs, and other competitions make strange bedfellows...
macenforcer
Aug 7, 04:57 PM
The NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT is cool with me. It is actually based on the same chip the GeForce 7600 GT is, just with 4 Pixel Pipelines disabled.
Exactly. And here's to hoping it doesn't have a fan so it is quiet. :)
Exactly. And here's to hoping it doesn't have a fan so it is quiet. :)
lilo777
Apr 25, 11:33 AM
Even if we take SJ at his word (stupid idea, I know). The fact remains that Apple does store the database of all your moves on the phone and PC for eternity thus preserving the capability to access it any time they want. This is clearly a very bad idea any way you look at it.
Putting on SJ hat:
"You are all idiots anyways"
Sent from my iPhone
Putting on SJ hat:
"You are all idiots anyways"
Sent from my iPhone
twoodcc
Aug 11, 09:53 AM
Would I be able to drop a Conroe processor in my Core Duo iMac?
whoops, i thought you meant Merom
whoops, i thought you meant Merom
yfile
Apr 24, 04:04 AM
Retina 27'' LCD should be 7200x4080 pixels. I think we can't expect it in near future... but i'd love to see it :)
Snowy_River
Nov 26, 11:06 AM
To me, Tablets are worthless. I've had to deal with them at work because some people continue to order them for all their tasks, but they're less mobile than some laptops. They're usually the same thickness or size as a portable, so why carry something that's going to be crippled in some manner?
Are they not getting the latest generation of tablet / laptop? These are functional as both, by allowing the screen to flip over, concealing the keyboard to act as a tablet, or simply opening up as a standard laptop. For example:
http://www.toshibadirect.com/images/products/prod_portM400_300x300.jpg
Now, while I'm sure there are issues that come up with a joint like that, I'm also sure that Apple could come up with a way to make it quite rugged. They could have a MacBook Pro Tablet Edition. I have been desiring such a thing for quite some time. (I even considered custom building my own out of an older PB G3. Too much cost for too little reward in processing power. I want it as a new, relatively top-of-the-line computer... :D )
Are they not getting the latest generation of tablet / laptop? These are functional as both, by allowing the screen to flip over, concealing the keyboard to act as a tablet, or simply opening up as a standard laptop. For example:
http://www.toshibadirect.com/images/products/prod_portM400_300x300.jpg
Now, while I'm sure there are issues that come up with a joint like that, I'm also sure that Apple could come up with a way to make it quite rugged. They could have a MacBook Pro Tablet Edition. I have been desiring such a thing for quite some time. (I even considered custom building my own out of an older PB G3. Too much cost for too little reward in processing power. I want it as a new, relatively top-of-the-line computer... :D )
uber_nerd
Apr 23, 05:45 PM
The basic fact is vector graphics aren't always appropriate. A lot of things really can only be done, or can be done much better, with pixels. For any image with a lot of detail, it's easier -- both for the artists making them, and for the computers rendering them -- to store an extremely high resolution bitmapped image, and then downscale it as necessary, than it is to make and render a vectorized version that is "truly" resolution independent.
And now Apple's realized that by targeting "Retina Display" resolution levels, this is the last increase in image sizes they'll ever reasonably need: there's no point in making images bigger beyond this point (or displays with higher-than-retina-level DPI one would need to render them) because your eyes really won't be able to tell the difference.
See above for the win!
It will be the last big change for mouse driven interfaces. Even if retina size monitors become massive (e.g. 50 inch) the physical size of an icon on the screen will remain the same as today. Increasing resolution beyond "retina" is pointless, it would only play to pixel-peeping freaks with magnifying glasses - hardly a profitable segment of society.
Same reason print resolution has not increased in a long long time. Once printing resolution matured there were other things to focus on (colour, contrast, etc). Same will play out for computer monitors.
And now Apple's realized that by targeting "Retina Display" resolution levels, this is the last increase in image sizes they'll ever reasonably need: there's no point in making images bigger beyond this point (or displays with higher-than-retina-level DPI one would need to render them) because your eyes really won't be able to tell the difference.
See above for the win!
It will be the last big change for mouse driven interfaces. Even if retina size monitors become massive (e.g. 50 inch) the physical size of an icon on the screen will remain the same as today. Increasing resolution beyond "retina" is pointless, it would only play to pixel-peeping freaks with magnifying glasses - hardly a profitable segment of society.
Same reason print resolution has not increased in a long long time. Once printing resolution matured there were other things to focus on (colour, contrast, etc). Same will play out for computer monitors.
farmboy
Mar 31, 09:00 AM
I reckon Lion will be the last of cat names used for OS X.
They can't really call the next one Ocelot, for example.
Sabertooth.
They can't really call the next one Ocelot, for example.
Sabertooth.
bendejo
Aug 4, 12:30 PM
I'm waiting for the Core 2 processors to come out as well. I'm finally replacing my 664MHz P-III (you read that right) that I surf the web with at home. Got my better half to agree to an upgrade, and almost pulled the trigger about 3 weeks ago, but thought I'd wait for the Core 2 Duo iMac to be introduced. That should mean cheaper Core Duo iMacs for me...
I'm in the same boat (but upgrading from a 867MHz TiBook). I figure if there's no iMac introduced, I pull the trigger on getting a refurb iMac core duo. Same thing if there's a new iMac with minor improvements. I'm thinking that for my home office work that I am going to be using this for (heavy on managing large PDFs and Word files and needing Windows for some VPN stuff with an office database that won't work on Mac, but no graphic design stuff) a Merom core 2 duo would be nice but not necessarily worth the extra money. I figure I might as well wait though because (a) if there's a new iMac then the refurb price on the core duo will probably drop a little; and (b) though the chances are small, there may be a revamping of the entire Mac line, including the iMac, that would make me smack myself on the forehead for not waiting a week or 2.
I'm in the same boat (but upgrading from a 867MHz TiBook). I figure if there's no iMac introduced, I pull the trigger on getting a refurb iMac core duo. Same thing if there's a new iMac with minor improvements. I'm thinking that for my home office work that I am going to be using this for (heavy on managing large PDFs and Word files and needing Windows for some VPN stuff with an office database that won't work on Mac, but no graphic design stuff) a Merom core 2 duo would be nice but not necessarily worth the extra money. I figure I might as well wait though because (a) if there's a new iMac then the refurb price on the core duo will probably drop a little; and (b) though the chances are small, there may be a revamping of the entire Mac line, including the iMac, that would make me smack myself on the forehead for not waiting a week or 2.
blevins321
May 4, 02:57 PM
They need to allow for updates via App Store that don't require full redownload of the software before they can make it exclusive. Especially in today's age of capping home internet usage (biggest croc ever conceived), smaller updates need to be possible. Perfect example: XCode.
Luis Ortega
Mar 27, 06:31 AM
What crack-addled mind seriously thinks it'd be sensible or probable that Apple would come out with a new iPad 5 months after... coming out with a new iPad?
I'd say that they have had a wakeup call with all of the new android honeycomb tablets coming out in competition and they are worried that the ipad2 won't look so good when there are other good options to choose from.
The HP web os is also a very potent system which offers features much closer to a real computer than an entertainment gadget.
If they wait around a year to update, they will be behind in features and specs, and the app market for android and web os will have grown in leaps and bounds as well.
Let's face it, the majority of apps for phones and tablets are rubbish and we don't need 300k android apps that are equally rubbish and pointless.
What we need are a few really good productivity apps on tablets with serious multitasking and connectivity features.
And in the end, Apple knows that the fanboys will rush out and buy a new version of whatever they are selling, regardless of how recent the last version was.
I'd say that they have had a wakeup call with all of the new android honeycomb tablets coming out in competition and they are worried that the ipad2 won't look so good when there are other good options to choose from.
The HP web os is also a very potent system which offers features much closer to a real computer than an entertainment gadget.
If they wait around a year to update, they will be behind in features and specs, and the app market for android and web os will have grown in leaps and bounds as well.
Let's face it, the majority of apps for phones and tablets are rubbish and we don't need 300k android apps that are equally rubbish and pointless.
What we need are a few really good productivity apps on tablets with serious multitasking and connectivity features.
And in the end, Apple knows that the fanboys will rush out and buy a new version of whatever they are selling, regardless of how recent the last version was.
mitchec
Sep 11, 03:37 AM
I can't see how Apple can begin an sell movies and not also sell a Media Mac.
It would be like iTMS and no iPods... how well would that work? :rolleyes:
I think your right on the button with this one. iTMS is there to support apple products and as such they are going to want to keep it that way.
If its not an updated ipod the only other product must be some kind of video aiport media device that you can rig up to you TV
It would be like iTMS and no iPods... how well would that work? :rolleyes:
I think your right on the button with this one. iTMS is there to support apple products and as such they are going to want to keep it that way.
If its not an updated ipod the only other product must be some kind of video aiport media device that you can rig up to you TV
tribalogical
May 6, 01:27 AM
My first reaction to the headline was, "Oh no, not again..." (having already weathered both the OS9 -> OSX and PowerPC -> Intel x86 transitions)...
But after that initial groan, a few other (more positive?) considerations came to mind.
First, Apple really did do a great job of transitioning from PPC to Ix86... it was far less painful than it could have been. Not perfect, but incredibly well-managed.
Now, OSX Lion is coming, and it appears to contain the beginnings of a convergence and consolidation between iOS and OSX. If we try to imagine where those OS's will be, say, 3 years out (and the hardware as well), by THAT time, it may be as simple as flipping a switch and hey-presto, you're on an ARM device without missing a beat...
I say this because, as devices like iPad evolve over the next few years, the applications written for them will also, and by the time 'higher end devices' like desktops and laptops are lining up for a platform change, those "mobile" app versions will already be 'full featured', and already written for ARM-based devices (I'll use the current Garageband pair - with cross-compatible OSX/iOS versions - as a very early-market example of that future). So, the painful prospect of rewriting/recompiling all your code won't be nearly as bad as it was for the OS9->X transition.
Another consideration is that tomorrow's mobile devices will be far more powerful than even today's desktop/laptops are. It's harder to imagine the future of the desktop/laptop as we know them today.
In fact, now would probably be a good time to remember that what Jobs is creating here isn't just "magical devices"... he's embarked on defining the "Post PC Era"...
It'll be interesting to see where all this leads, but my take on it is that it might not even feel much like a "platform switch" by the time we arrive there...
But after that initial groan, a few other (more positive?) considerations came to mind.
First, Apple really did do a great job of transitioning from PPC to Ix86... it was far less painful than it could have been. Not perfect, but incredibly well-managed.
Now, OSX Lion is coming, and it appears to contain the beginnings of a convergence and consolidation between iOS and OSX. If we try to imagine where those OS's will be, say, 3 years out (and the hardware as well), by THAT time, it may be as simple as flipping a switch and hey-presto, you're on an ARM device without missing a beat...
I say this because, as devices like iPad evolve over the next few years, the applications written for them will also, and by the time 'higher end devices' like desktops and laptops are lining up for a platform change, those "mobile" app versions will already be 'full featured', and already written for ARM-based devices (I'll use the current Garageband pair - with cross-compatible OSX/iOS versions - as a very early-market example of that future). So, the painful prospect of rewriting/recompiling all your code won't be nearly as bad as it was for the OS9->X transition.
Another consideration is that tomorrow's mobile devices will be far more powerful than even today's desktop/laptops are. It's harder to imagine the future of the desktop/laptop as we know them today.
In fact, now would probably be a good time to remember that what Jobs is creating here isn't just "magical devices"... he's embarked on defining the "Post PC Era"...
It'll be interesting to see where all this leads, but my take on it is that it might not even feel much like a "platform switch" by the time we arrive there...
No comments:
Post a Comment