anonalidall
May 7, 11:22 AM
I use Mobileme every day and it comes through for me every time. I also use it knowing that when i'm reading my email it's just me reading it not some automatic data mining program watching my every move.
Think about this. Your life, your privacy and ability to communicate without someone watching was sold down the river for a pittance. It's seems fair to you because your are the one that gets capitalized on in a capitalist society.
OK, I'll grant you that MobileMe doesn't suck as much as I make it sound. I just don't like it and so I don't use it anymore. Fair enough.
But, I think you misunderstand how Google's ads work. They aren't indexing and storing your emails in some data bank to sell off to ad companies. They do simple pattern matching on the text in your email to figure out which ads are most relevant and then displays those to you. The ad companies don't have access to your emails and can't read them, etc. I'm not being capitalized. If I don't want the ads I can pay $50 / year, or I can take the ads for free. That's just business, I enter into that in full agreement. And I trust Google just as much (if not more) than some random schmo ISP that would give me shoddy email service and just as much privacy as Google does but without the ads.
Think about this. Your life, your privacy and ability to communicate without someone watching was sold down the river for a pittance. It's seems fair to you because your are the one that gets capitalized on in a capitalist society.
OK, I'll grant you that MobileMe doesn't suck as much as I make it sound. I just don't like it and so I don't use it anymore. Fair enough.
But, I think you misunderstand how Google's ads work. They aren't indexing and storing your emails in some data bank to sell off to ad companies. They do simple pattern matching on the text in your email to figure out which ads are most relevant and then displays those to you. The ad companies don't have access to your emails and can't read them, etc. I'm not being capitalized. If I don't want the ads I can pay $50 / year, or I can take the ads for free. That's just business, I enter into that in full agreement. And I trust Google just as much (if not more) than some random schmo ISP that would give me shoddy email service and just as much privacy as Google does but without the ads.
a.phoenicis
Apr 25, 10:00 AM
I don't think that is the point here. Apple, arguably the greatest and most customer-centric company with the world's best smart phone, the best OS and magical appliances (at least, that is what I'm being told here over and over again) collects location data without your prior knowledge or consent. If you become a member of MacRumors it is your own, deliberate, decision. But I already can see where this is going. Cue the drone-like Apple defenders, I hear them coming ;)
Bzzt. Wrong. Everyone using iOS has already given their consent for tracking by accepting the License Agreement and not globally turning off Location Services. You can't claim you didn't know or give consent when it's on page 2 of the License Agreement of the fracking phone's OS:
Location Data. Apple and its partners and licensees may provide certain services through your iPhone that rely upon location information. To provide and improve these services, where available, Apple and its partners and licensees may transmit, collect, maintain, process and use your location data, including the real-time geographic location of your iPhone, and location search queries. The location data and queries collected by Apple are collected in a form that does not personally identify you and may be used by Apple and its partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. By using any location-based services on your iPhone, you agree and consent to Apple's and its partners' and licensees' transmission, collection, maintenance, processing and use of your location data and queries to provide and improve such products and services. You may withdraw this consent at any time by going to the Location Services setting on your iPhone and either turning off the global Location Services setting or turning off the individual location settings of each location-aware application on your iPhone
Bzzt. Wrong. Everyone using iOS has already given their consent for tracking by accepting the License Agreement and not globally turning off Location Services. You can't claim you didn't know or give consent when it's on page 2 of the License Agreement of the fracking phone's OS:
Location Data. Apple and its partners and licensees may provide certain services through your iPhone that rely upon location information. To provide and improve these services, where available, Apple and its partners and licensees may transmit, collect, maintain, process and use your location data, including the real-time geographic location of your iPhone, and location search queries. The location data and queries collected by Apple are collected in a form that does not personally identify you and may be used by Apple and its partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. By using any location-based services on your iPhone, you agree and consent to Apple's and its partners' and licensees' transmission, collection, maintenance, processing and use of your location data and queries to provide and improve such products and services. You may withdraw this consent at any time by going to the Location Services setting on your iPhone and either turning off the global Location Services setting or turning off the individual location settings of each location-aware application on your iPhone
mashinhead
Aug 11, 10:20 AM
They are already available, these are standard PC parts now remember.
http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=14564&GroupID=1674
Well i know i can get the chip, but then don't i need a new motherboard too, and who/where would i get that put in?
http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=14564&GroupID=1674
Well i know i can get the chip, but then don't i need a new motherboard too, and who/where would i get that put in?
combatcolin
Aug 7, 04:30 PM
Just got home from work and went on line as fast as my slow PC would boot.
Lots of power, loads of expansion and 2 optical drive slots! (:p )
But still way way too expensive.
Still going to build a Core Duo 2 2.13Ghz PC, and still wishing Apple would create a computer that i want to buy.
Lots of power, loads of expansion and 2 optical drive slots! (:p )
But still way way too expensive.
Still going to build a Core Duo 2 2.13Ghz PC, and still wishing Apple would create a computer that i want to buy.
daneoni
Aug 11, 09:29 AM
If they do a revision, then its safe to say we won't see another update till santa rosa chipsets ship next spring alongside leopard. Which means "next month" is a good time to buy a MBP at least for a while.
This also suggest new ipods this fall (for christmas), conroe iMacs at the paris expo, iPhone as well as iLife/iWork updates and maybe Leopard shipping at MWSF....we all know steve likes beating deadlines meaning Leopard would definately ship before spring, unless he really wants vista out first before showing his cards to avoid photocopying.
This also suggest new ipods this fall (for christmas), conroe iMacs at the paris expo, iPhone as well as iLife/iWork updates and maybe Leopard shipping at MWSF....we all know steve likes beating deadlines meaning Leopard would definately ship before spring, unless he really wants vista out first before showing his cards to avoid photocopying.
shadowx
Aug 12, 01:04 PM
why does BLACK ANODIZED ALUMINUM sound sooooo good? Tasty, I would say!
:D
Wiki

DVD of #39;Harry Potter and

Harry Potter and the Deathly

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4

Harry Potter and the Deathly

Harry Potter And The Deathly

#39;Harry Potter and the Deathly

Harry Potter amp; The Deathly

Potter.and.the.Deathly.Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly

the newest Harry Potter on

Harry Potter and the Deathly

Harry Potter and the Deathly

Harry Potter and the Deathly
:D
Wiki
kalsta
May 5, 08:45 AM
Easy. 13/48ths of an inch.;)
Is that wink a small admission of how silly your system really is? :) Sure, the math was simple, but how meaningful are all these crazy fractions? If I actually had to try and picture what these fractions represent, I'd want to convert the denominator into a multiple of 10 first in order to try and picture it. I might note that twice 48 is roughly 100, so I know we're dealing with a bit over 26%. Other fractions could prove more difficult. With the metric system, you never have to do this. You're always dealing with base-10, which is something we all understand and can picture, without having to memorise particular fractions and what they represent.
I really don't see much functional difference between a language and a system of measures. Both express specificity using prearranged syntax and values.
Well, we could certainly argue that international communication would be a LOT simpler if there was only one language � and it would be! However, the reality is, we have a world with not only a diversity of language, but a diversity of culture, and the two are intricately linked. That makes the world a very interesting place, and being able to speak multiple languages would be a wonderful skill to have when travelling and engaging in other cultures. People are generally proud of their heritage, culture and language, and there aren't too many people suggesting the world should lose all of that richness in the interest of conformity. (Well, there are such people, but I think we can agree they're generally pretty scary.)
How many people are so nostalgic about the imperial system? With language, one communicates deep philosophical thoughts, writes beautiful poetry, tells a woman of his undying love. With a system of measurement, one� well, measures stuff. Most of the world has seen the benefits of a better system and they've moved on without regret. What is different about the US that it can't do likewise? I honestly find it perplexing. Be honest now� Is it because the French invented it?
Even beyond that, if we were to adopt the metric system 100% starting tomorrow, the transition would have to last for decades not only to encompass those who are too old to be educated, but also to deal with the infrastructure changes that would have to take place. At the very earliest it would be my grandchildren who would see a fully metricized US.
You're not stepping out onto the moon this time. Just about every other country on the planet (and there are quite a few of them!) have gone before you, and it worked out just fine. Sure, it takes some time, but not as long as you might like to imagine. Let me come back to my own experience� I was born in the 70s, around the time Australia was just starting to transition to the metric system. The older folk may well have had a difficult time with it, but if so I was blissfully unaware of it. I came to learn what an inch was, since most rulers had inches on one side and mm/cm on the other, and people still, to this day, casually talk about their height in feet and the weight of newborn babies in pounds. (Yes, some old habits die hard.) But these sort of things are the exceptions. The transition to metric was so efficient, I, as a first generation growing up with it, didn't even notice there was a transition happening.
Seriously, you should be looking to Australia and other countries with successful transitions and learning from them, instead of just perpetuating all these fanciful stories of how terrible it's going to be to change.
Is that wink a small admission of how silly your system really is? :) Sure, the math was simple, but how meaningful are all these crazy fractions? If I actually had to try and picture what these fractions represent, I'd want to convert the denominator into a multiple of 10 first in order to try and picture it. I might note that twice 48 is roughly 100, so I know we're dealing with a bit over 26%. Other fractions could prove more difficult. With the metric system, you never have to do this. You're always dealing with base-10, which is something we all understand and can picture, without having to memorise particular fractions and what they represent.
I really don't see much functional difference between a language and a system of measures. Both express specificity using prearranged syntax and values.
Well, we could certainly argue that international communication would be a LOT simpler if there was only one language � and it would be! However, the reality is, we have a world with not only a diversity of language, but a diversity of culture, and the two are intricately linked. That makes the world a very interesting place, and being able to speak multiple languages would be a wonderful skill to have when travelling and engaging in other cultures. People are generally proud of their heritage, culture and language, and there aren't too many people suggesting the world should lose all of that richness in the interest of conformity. (Well, there are such people, but I think we can agree they're generally pretty scary.)
How many people are so nostalgic about the imperial system? With language, one communicates deep philosophical thoughts, writes beautiful poetry, tells a woman of his undying love. With a system of measurement, one� well, measures stuff. Most of the world has seen the benefits of a better system and they've moved on without regret. What is different about the US that it can't do likewise? I honestly find it perplexing. Be honest now� Is it because the French invented it?
Even beyond that, if we were to adopt the metric system 100% starting tomorrow, the transition would have to last for decades not only to encompass those who are too old to be educated, but also to deal with the infrastructure changes that would have to take place. At the very earliest it would be my grandchildren who would see a fully metricized US.
You're not stepping out onto the moon this time. Just about every other country on the planet (and there are quite a few of them!) have gone before you, and it worked out just fine. Sure, it takes some time, but not as long as you might like to imagine. Let me come back to my own experience� I was born in the 70s, around the time Australia was just starting to transition to the metric system. The older folk may well have had a difficult time with it, but if so I was blissfully unaware of it. I came to learn what an inch was, since most rulers had inches on one side and mm/cm on the other, and people still, to this day, casually talk about their height in feet and the weight of newborn babies in pounds. (Yes, some old habits die hard.) But these sort of things are the exceptions. The transition to metric was so efficient, I, as a first generation growing up with it, didn't even notice there was a transition happening.
Seriously, you should be looking to Australia and other countries with successful transitions and learning from them, instead of just perpetuating all these fanciful stories of how terrible it's going to be to change.
Funkymonk
Apr 26, 04:01 PM
What makes a product "Best" in its category is defined by different people differently. For some people "best" is a free phone because they can't afford anything else. Some people pour over the specs and select the "best".
For me, "best" is the phone that operates the most intuitively to my way of thinking. I want something that I don't need to refer back to the manual to use its features. My Android Incredible came with a 8" x 11", 73 page manual that I need to use to operate the phone... that fact speaks volumes to what separates the Android from the "best."
did you need to use that manual to help operate the phone?
honestly I think android is just as intuitive and easy to use as ios. I can't believe people actually say they don't understand how to use android. for god sakes my 8 year old nephew figured out his dad's android phone after a 30 minutes of playing with it.
I prefer ios for it's elegance but android isn't tough to use at all...
For me, "best" is the phone that operates the most intuitively to my way of thinking. I want something that I don't need to refer back to the manual to use its features. My Android Incredible came with a 8" x 11", 73 page manual that I need to use to operate the phone... that fact speaks volumes to what separates the Android from the "best."
did you need to use that manual to help operate the phone?
honestly I think android is just as intuitive and easy to use as ios. I can't believe people actually say they don't understand how to use android. for god sakes my 8 year old nephew figured out his dad's android phone after a 30 minutes of playing with it.
I prefer ios for it's elegance but android isn't tough to use at all...
shompa
Aug 7, 04:26 PM
Not really significantly faster than the G5 Quad. Maybe 50% faster at best. As owner of a Quad G5 my motivation would be more about the 6 bays and the FW 800 on the front than the speed. :)
The G5 is almost as fast per clock cycle.
Apple COULD have released quad G5 3ghz instead, but they want us to use Intel.
The whole Intel project is beacuse of no G5 laptop.
Stupid IBM. I do not like X86, the play plattform.
But, I have changed all my PPC macs to Intel now.
Macbook pro, Macbook, macmini and today a Macpro.
The G5 is almost as fast per clock cycle.
Apple COULD have released quad G5 3ghz instead, but they want us to use Intel.
The whole Intel project is beacuse of no G5 laptop.
Stupid IBM. I do not like X86, the play plattform.
But, I have changed all my PPC macs to Intel now.
Macbook pro, Macbook, macmini and today a Macpro.
Kelmon
Sep 16, 04:44 AM
Oh and before you ask yes I have two. I retired the G4 to the misses... :D I know, I am evil. :p
Same here except that I am not feeling quite so evil since the only other computers available to her are an old Dell P3 Latitude and an even more ancient P2 Sony Vaio running Windows 98. A G4 PowerBook Ti with a 60GB hard drive is going to be quite a step up for her and I just hope that it continues to last for many more years, although the fans have been making an odd noise for about 6-months now that worries me.
Anyway, I'm hoping that this rumour is correct, as usual. The Page 2 (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/09/20060907103621.shtml) rumour that we aren't going to see this update until next year (presumably to coincide with the Santa Rosa chipset release) was really depressing. I don't have much in the way of a wish-list for the new machines (everything upgraded would be great) but just want to make sure that I order something that won't be replaced with something better in the next month, much like my PowerBook that was superceded about 2-months later with Aluminium PowerBooks that kicked its ass.
Same here except that I am not feeling quite so evil since the only other computers available to her are an old Dell P3 Latitude and an even more ancient P2 Sony Vaio running Windows 98. A G4 PowerBook Ti with a 60GB hard drive is going to be quite a step up for her and I just hope that it continues to last for many more years, although the fans have been making an odd noise for about 6-months now that worries me.
Anyway, I'm hoping that this rumour is correct, as usual. The Page 2 (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/09/20060907103621.shtml) rumour that we aren't going to see this update until next year (presumably to coincide with the Santa Rosa chipset release) was really depressing. I don't have much in the way of a wish-list for the new machines (everything upgraded would be great) but just want to make sure that I order something that won't be replaced with something better in the next month, much like my PowerBook that was superceded about 2-months later with Aluminium PowerBooks that kicked its ass.
ElGringo
Aug 7, 04:01 PM
You know, I bought a dual core 2.0 G5 PowerMac a bit back for the ability to expand as needed. Since then I have added a second hard drive and NOT ONE PCIe card. Why? Because NO ONE out there makes a PCIe USB expansion card that is compatible with Deep Sleep Mode.
Maybe the new Mac Pro's will usher in some better options in this area. I don't want hubs and the subsequent extra wall warts that go with it. I want more USB prots, not more wall warts.
How long has PCIe been around in the PowerMac's and now Mac Pro's and there still isn't a solution for this????
Anyway, a bit of a sidetrack, but the new Mac Pro's do look sweet!!
Maybe the new Mac Pro's will usher in some better options in this area. I don't want hubs and the subsequent extra wall warts that go with it. I want more USB prots, not more wall warts.
How long has PCIe been around in the PowerMac's and now Mac Pro's and there still isn't a solution for this????
Anyway, a bit of a sidetrack, but the new Mac Pro's do look sweet!!
MikeTheC
Nov 25, 09:19 PM
They sold out to MS because the idiots at Palm couldn't find their butt with a flashlight and both hands. Seriously in 2001 the CEO of Palm stood infront of a crowd at CES and stated our users don't want color, sound etc. It was the beginning of the end because by the time they figured out that yes. Not only do users want color and sound they also want the ability to multitask. Something that POS (Notice that Palm OS and Peice of **** share the same acronym.) STILL to this day doesn't really do. Well it sort of does it in a craptacular manner. My point is Palm doomed them selves because they had management who didn't have a clue or simply didn't have the resources to really revamp the OS from the ground up. I'm willing to bet there is legacy code in POS that dates back to v1. Because POS never had its OS X its Windows 2000. It never had its rewrite. All Palm has been doing is slapping on a new addition to the house and calling it NEW and improved!
It isn't. It sucks and the Pocket PC or Windows Mobile (ick I hate that name.) kicks the living snot out of POS right now in pretty much every way imaginable. Heck Palm is so lost that they are trying to pull an Apple. they purchased some *nix company in China that has experience with mobile versions of *nix and right now is trying to migrate POS over to a *nix flavor of OS.
Unfortunately unlike Apple its too little, too late.
Palm went to Windows because they didn't want to stay stuck in the mobile equivalent of DOS.
This is one of those times where, if MacRumors.com had a Karma Points system (and if I, in turn, had some Karma points) I would Karma-bump the heck outta this post. It's so true, and it's so absolutely dead-on in it's critical analysis of the situation that there's little, if anything, to be added to it.
Apple went to "something else", starting with the Copeland project, because they realized even way back then in the B.S. (that is, Before Steve -- hey, lookie, another awesome acronym!) that Mac OS Classic was a technological cul-de-sac. It was exactly as SilliconAddict has described PalmOS -- er, I mean POS. (You know, I really, really, really have to remember that one. God, I'm still laughing over it as I write this.)
Even Microsoft went to "something else", although unlike Apple they chose to go with their own in-house-developed successor, since DOS 8bit, Win8, Win16, and Win9x code was essentially an obsolete OS technology.
So here we have Palm, arguably one of the greatest innovators (though not really a pioneer, as the kudos and credit for that goes to Apple's Newton development group) of PDAs ever, going down the same hole into the same quagmire that plagued the likes of Commodore, Sony's BetaMax, etc. You'd think with all the MBAs and other college-educated people they've hired over the years that this would be abundantly obvious *and* fundamentally core to their business operational mindset. However, it's quite clear that it isn't.
Thus go the way of all who do not study history and learn from it.
It isn't. It sucks and the Pocket PC or Windows Mobile (ick I hate that name.) kicks the living snot out of POS right now in pretty much every way imaginable. Heck Palm is so lost that they are trying to pull an Apple. they purchased some *nix company in China that has experience with mobile versions of *nix and right now is trying to migrate POS over to a *nix flavor of OS.
Unfortunately unlike Apple its too little, too late.
Palm went to Windows because they didn't want to stay stuck in the mobile equivalent of DOS.
This is one of those times where, if MacRumors.com had a Karma Points system (and if I, in turn, had some Karma points) I would Karma-bump the heck outta this post. It's so true, and it's so absolutely dead-on in it's critical analysis of the situation that there's little, if anything, to be added to it.
Apple went to "something else", starting with the Copeland project, because they realized even way back then in the B.S. (that is, Before Steve -- hey, lookie, another awesome acronym!) that Mac OS Classic was a technological cul-de-sac. It was exactly as SilliconAddict has described PalmOS -- er, I mean POS. (You know, I really, really, really have to remember that one. God, I'm still laughing over it as I write this.)
Even Microsoft went to "something else", although unlike Apple they chose to go with their own in-house-developed successor, since DOS 8bit, Win8, Win16, and Win9x code was essentially an obsolete OS technology.
So here we have Palm, arguably one of the greatest innovators (though not really a pioneer, as the kudos and credit for that goes to Apple's Newton development group) of PDAs ever, going down the same hole into the same quagmire that plagued the likes of Commodore, Sony's BetaMax, etc. You'd think with all the MBAs and other college-educated people they've hired over the years that this would be abundantly obvious *and* fundamentally core to their business operational mindset. However, it's quite clear that it isn't.
Thus go the way of all who do not study history and learn from it.

pack
Apr 7, 12:32 PM
Wow. I think you missed the point. At 1199, the MacbookPRO should have a discrete option...hell, POS HP's at 600.00 do.
Oh, and please spare me the snarky "well then enjoy your HP! Har har har" comment.
No you have no point. 1199 vs 1799.00 one costs significantly more money. You can't have everything, all the build quality and all the features some things have to be omitted. There are trade offs. That is one. Those potential customers that don't want it buy a crappy 600 dollar hp laptop. Macbook pros aren't considered the best laptop in the industry because they are missing features and cost too much despite what you'd like to believe.
PS enjoy your ****** 600 dollar HP laptop
Oh, and please spare me the snarky "well then enjoy your HP! Har har har" comment.
No you have no point. 1199 vs 1799.00 one costs significantly more money. You can't have everything, all the build quality and all the features some things have to be omitted. There are trade offs. That is one. Those potential customers that don't want it buy a crappy 600 dollar hp laptop. Macbook pros aren't considered the best laptop in the industry because they are missing features and cost too much despite what you'd like to believe.
PS enjoy your ****** 600 dollar HP laptop
pmz
Mar 28, 11:48 AM
My problem isn't necessarily with Apple, my grief is with carriers who have tied most of us in to 2 year fixed contracts. Whether this is due to Apple's insistence, or whether carriers have signed up to the 'yearly cycle' idea, there are thousands of us stuck in the middle here.
Any 3GS user who bought new and has a 2 year contract (usually because it was the most economical) now has a huge dilemma. Do we switch phones and get new contracts on different phones, or do we go Pay As You Go to cover those 3/4 (potentially more) months?
Ultimately, if happens, I'll end up going for the new BlackBerry Bold Touch (Dakota), just because I don't want to be strung along for a few months, racking up minutes/text/data costs. It'll be sad, but ultimately, its just a phone I guess...
NB: ALL OF THE ABOVE IS PREFACED BY AN 'IF THE RUMOUR HAPPENS'!
I don't see how anyone has a huge dilemma. If you're saying those that bought a 3GS on launch, didn't upgrade last year, and now are at the end of a 2 year have a "problem", that doesn't sound like much of a problem to me.
Call up AT&T and say your contract is up, you'd like to renew and buy a new iPhone which you qualify for, but you're not buying a new iPhone until iPhone 5 comes out. If they don't allow you a grace period until iPhone 5 is available, tell them you're gone, and that Verizon seems like a good option since AT&T doesn't want you for another 2 years.
The difference between public policy and what they can/will do for you when you're "threatening" to switch, is very different. The only time you have any leverage to get something you want out of AT&T is a once every two years opportunity when you're contract is up and you have the option of switching.
Any 3GS user who bought new and has a 2 year contract (usually because it was the most economical) now has a huge dilemma. Do we switch phones and get new contracts on different phones, or do we go Pay As You Go to cover those 3/4 (potentially more) months?
Ultimately, if happens, I'll end up going for the new BlackBerry Bold Touch (Dakota), just because I don't want to be strung along for a few months, racking up minutes/text/data costs. It'll be sad, but ultimately, its just a phone I guess...
NB: ALL OF THE ABOVE IS PREFACED BY AN 'IF THE RUMOUR HAPPENS'!
I don't see how anyone has a huge dilemma. If you're saying those that bought a 3GS on launch, didn't upgrade last year, and now are at the end of a 2 year have a "problem", that doesn't sound like much of a problem to me.
Call up AT&T and say your contract is up, you'd like to renew and buy a new iPhone which you qualify for, but you're not buying a new iPhone until iPhone 5 comes out. If they don't allow you a grace period until iPhone 5 is available, tell them you're gone, and that Verizon seems like a good option since AT&T doesn't want you for another 2 years.
The difference between public policy and what they can/will do for you when you're "threatening" to switch, is very different. The only time you have any leverage to get something you want out of AT&T is a once every two years opportunity when you're contract is up and you have the option of switching.
ticman
Nov 13, 01:57 PM
My concern with A windshield mount is all the wires hanging down. Two if using power cord and speaker cord.
Thoughts or comments?
Thoughts or comments?

MartiNZ
May 4, 08:39 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8H7)
Would be my preferred way. Enough with physical media. Very progressive of Apple.
And in a much more prepared way than progressive has been in the past - people are more prepared to lose the optical drive now than they were to lose the floppy drive back in '98. We have such good alternatives now!
I look forward to dling and presumably making a bootable memory stick. And hopefully we don't have to wait much longer :).
Would be my preferred way. Enough with physical media. Very progressive of Apple.
And in a much more prepared way than progressive has been in the past - people are more prepared to lose the optical drive now than they were to lose the floppy drive back in '98. We have such good alternatives now!
I look forward to dling and presumably making a bootable memory stick. And hopefully we don't have to wait much longer :).
Indiana82
Sep 11, 08:07 AM
Jeez, why do people think Apple will make the movie store/movie management part of iTunes?
I agree. That makes no sense. Videos are no music. The moviestore will feature an own app, like "iTheatre" or something like that in an animated cinema style.
I think it's even simpler to make a new app, than to implement all necessary Stuff into iTunes 7.
I agree. That makes no sense. Videos are no music. The moviestore will feature an own app, like "iTheatre" or something like that in an animated cinema style.
I think it's even simpler to make a new app, than to implement all necessary Stuff into iTunes 7.
ivladster
Apr 18, 04:18 PM
The fact that they are now suing Samsung, and waited this long, might give validity to this theory, as they did not want to sue them while Sammy was still a key supplier for them.
Something to think about.
Actually Apple just recently got granted those designs for iOS and iPhone 3GS, they were waiting for US Patent Office to approve them.
Something to think about.
Actually Apple just recently got granted those designs for iOS and iPhone 3GS, they were waiting for US Patent Office to approve them.
drir1990
Apr 20, 01:33 AM
I'd love to see a three tier release. 3gs at the budget end, iPhone 4 in the midrange and the 5 at the top end.
Looking forward to whatever enhancements Apple bring with it.
I don't see that happening. Apple tends to avoid complicated product lines. That is one too many options in my opinion.
Looking forward to whatever enhancements Apple bring with it.
I don't see that happening. Apple tends to avoid complicated product lines. That is one too many options in my opinion.
Michaelgtrusa
Mar 30, 07:11 PM
Well we are getting closer.
bigbossbmb
Sep 16, 12:02 AM
I sure hope we will see Aperture 2.0 and not just 1.2...
Why? Just because it is 1.2 would be a decimal point update doesn't mean it would not be significant. 1 > 1.1 was very good. 1.1 > 1.2 could be just as good and free for all of us that are early adopters of the software.
Why? Just because it is 1.2 would be a decimal point update doesn't mean it would not be significant. 1 > 1.1 was very good. 1.1 > 1.2 could be just as good and free for all of us that are early adopters of the software.
Popeye206
Apr 5, 03:34 PM
Allowing this, Apple would have set a presidence, so yes, I understand why Apple asked for this to be stopped... Tomorrow company 'x' would be releasing their JB app. Adobe will be releasing Flash on to Cydia LOL.
Since we are talking in the context of smartphones, we should compare smartphone developer licenses, and not others. Apple vs Apple not Apple vs Lemon.
You can nit-pick it all you want. $99 is nothing for a quality program like what Apple offers to developers. Plus, you can still get the SDK for free. You can still develop for free. It's just if you want "in" on the AppStore and other resources, you pay. So... again... what's the beef?
Since we are talking in the context of smartphones, we should compare smartphone developer licenses, and not others. Apple vs Apple not Apple vs Lemon.
You can nit-pick it all you want. $99 is nothing for a quality program like what Apple offers to developers. Plus, you can still get the SDK for free. You can still develop for free. It's just if you want "in" on the AppStore and other resources, you pay. So... again... what's the beef?
milozauckerman
Aug 7, 03:28 PM
Can anyone tell what the holdups are on Mac Pros? Both the X1900 and bluetooth/airport seem to take it from 3-5 days up to 2-5 weeks.
mkrishnan
Sep 11, 09:17 AM
I expect Tuesday will be a good day for the fight against prostate cancer (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=32726).
Other than that, who knows? :D I don't expect the thing I lust after -- a Flash-based sub-notebook -- to be quite ready for primetime by tomorrow. :( Or to have anything to do with the theme of the announcement.
I'm betting some combination of:
1) Video streaming router
2) Enhancement to Front Row
3) Videos being sold in iTMS
4) Enhancement of iPods in relation to these features plus perhaps some silent upgrades like capacity on the Nano
Other than that, who knows? :D I don't expect the thing I lust after -- a Flash-based sub-notebook -- to be quite ready for primetime by tomorrow. :( Or to have anything to do with the theme of the announcement.
I'm betting some combination of:
1) Video streaming router
2) Enhancement to Front Row
3) Videos being sold in iTMS
4) Enhancement of iPods in relation to these features plus perhaps some silent upgrades like capacity on the Nano
No comments:
Post a Comment