WeegieMac
Mar 31, 02:37 AM
Can anyone with this installed confirm if the animation when opening Folders in Launchpad has been fixed? It was juddery as hell on the previous build.
And what's changed UI wise in this build?
Cheers.
And what's changed UI wise in this build?
Cheers.
cmaier
Apr 18, 03:05 PM
Apple had the same problem with the original LISA UI. It was so simplistic that they lost the lawsuits. Same may happen here.
That's not at all what happened.
That's not at all what happened.
Amdahl
Nov 2, 09:23 PM
We (the Mac community) should not let the security industry get a toe hold in OSX.
Then get Apple to release security updates for longer than 24 months.
The availability of these products is good news for anybody who is getting tired of paying Steve.
Then get Apple to release security updates for longer than 24 months.
The availability of these products is good news for anybody who is getting tired of paying Steve.
*LTD*
Apr 5, 07:51 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8G4)
I wonder why Apple gives a hoot? This couldn't be hurting them could it?:confused:
It makes no difference. For starters, Toyota is violating the User Agreement. That in itself is grounds for immediate rejection. Second, it sends the wrong message. You want to do business with Apple, it has to be above-board. This should be obvious.
I wonder why Apple gives a hoot? This couldn't be hurting them could it?:confused:
It makes no difference. For starters, Toyota is violating the User Agreement. That in itself is grounds for immediate rejection. Second, it sends the wrong message. You want to do business with Apple, it has to be above-board. This should be obvious.
hynke
May 6, 07:00 AM
Citation needed. Especially in light of this 2 month old article :
Intel, Google Doubt ARM and Atom Have Chances in Servers (http://www.cpu-wars.com/2011/03/intel-google-doubt-arm-and-atom-have.html)
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/04/21/google-buys-agnilux-eyeing-processors/
The article doesn't mention the processor architecture, but it is really supposed to be ARM.
Intel, Google Doubt ARM and Atom Have Chances in Servers (http://www.cpu-wars.com/2011/03/intel-google-doubt-arm-and-atom-have.html)
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/04/21/google-buys-agnilux-eyeing-processors/
The article doesn't mention the processor architecture, but it is really supposed to be ARM.
MrNomNoms
Mar 30, 08:50 PM
So I guess that Gold Master rumor was wrong.
I'll bet my bottom dollar that the conversation between the leaker at Apple and the second person went something like this:
Person: "So how close are we do a Golden Master?"
Leaker: "We're probably going to get a few more updates out then we'll start seeding some builds that are pretty Golden Master in quality"
The off runs the person to claim that the Golden Master seeds will be coming soon - I've seen it happen so many times where people get the wrong end of the stick especially if it is a chain of chinese whispers.
I'll bet my bottom dollar that the conversation between the leaker at Apple and the second person went something like this:
Person: "So how close are we do a Golden Master?"
Leaker: "We're probably going to get a few more updates out then we'll start seeding some builds that are pretty Golden Master in quality"
The off runs the person to claim that the Golden Master seeds will be coming soon - I've seen it happen so many times where people get the wrong end of the stick especially if it is a chain of chinese whispers.
!� V �!
Apr 24, 11:01 PM
And here we go again with the whole Retina Display argument. We are all witnesses to the iPad 2. It is simply not economically feasible at the time. All this is pointing to is a screen resolution that is larger than the 30" that was discontinued or a 30" with this resolution as the 27" had taken over that space. People here jumping up and down over Retina this and that, give it a rest, by the time its actually released your eyesight will be poor enough that it might actually make a minor difference if any. ;):D
Tonsko
Jan 5, 09:16 AM
With full respect for your decisions, if you'll pardon me, I think that's a little bit crackers. :D
How do you know if your machine isn't part of a botnet? Have you eschewed only AV and simply subsist on your router f/wall and software firewall? Only run as user not admin? None of the above? Something else?
How do you know if your machine isn't part of a botnet? Have you eschewed only AV and simply subsist on your router f/wall and software firewall? Only run as user not admin? None of the above? Something else?
NorCalLights
Nov 26, 07:22 PM
To me, Tablets are worthless. I've had to deal with them at work because some people continue to order them for all their tasks, but they're less mobile than some laptops. They're usually the same thickness or size as a portable, so why carry something that's going to be crippled in some manner?
What makes you think that an Apple tablet would be the same as every other tablet you've seen? Apple isn't one for releasing "crippled" products... they haven't made an ultra-portable laptop since the Duo, and their full-featured laptops are as thin as most ultra-portables in the PC world.
There are plenty of applications for tablet computers that may be outside the scope of your imagination. I can think of many in my own life. A tablet running a full version of OSX would fit nicely into my life. I hope it happens.
What makes you think that an Apple tablet would be the same as every other tablet you've seen? Apple isn't one for releasing "crippled" products... they haven't made an ultra-portable laptop since the Duo, and their full-featured laptops are as thin as most ultra-portables in the PC world.
There are plenty of applications for tablet computers that may be outside the scope of your imagination. I can think of many in my own life. A tablet running a full version of OSX would fit nicely into my life. I hope it happens.
Reed Rothchild
Mar 29, 02:44 PM
I'm really neutral toward all this, but I really just have one very valid question.......... Why, WHY does EVERYTHING Amazon does have to be sooooooooooooo DISGUSTINGLY HIDEOUS!!!??? :rolleyes:
I challenge anyone in here to show me a website uglier than amazon.com! Seriously!!!
I think amazonmp3.com looks pretty good. A bit lacking in some extra metadata that I'd like to see but certainly not hideous. Everything works, and works well. Much faster to navigate around my music than via iTunes. Give me speed over superfluous eye-candy any day.
The AmazonMP3 Android app looks very nice btw...
I challenge anyone in here to show me a website uglier than amazon.com! Seriously!!!
I think amazonmp3.com looks pretty good. A bit lacking in some extra metadata that I'd like to see but certainly not hideous. Everything works, and works well. Much faster to navigate around my music than via iTunes. Give me speed over superfluous eye-candy any day.
The AmazonMP3 Android app looks very nice btw...
BigheadEdd
Aug 11, 09:54 AM
I can see them updating the MBP for definate. As the merom chips have just been released, and so apple has enough time to build stock and ship them at paris.
However, I can't see them doing the rumored case re-design, as the 'Pro' line, is meant to match right? and the Mac Pro looks exactly like the old one, apart from the dual drives, so I don't think they'll change the MBPs design just yet.
Damn all this waiting :( I want one now!!!
However, I can't see them doing the rumored case re-design, as the 'Pro' line, is meant to match right? and the Mac Pro looks exactly like the old one, apart from the dual drives, so I don't think they'll change the MBPs design just yet.
Damn all this waiting :( I want one now!!!
Chupa Chupa
May 4, 02:56 PM
I would get a new iMac now if I knew that Lion would run SL pricing at $29. Otherwise I will wait for a preload. But obviously pricing and a release date won't be forthcoming prior to WWDC at the earliest. Guess we will know more in about 5 weeks.
On yesterday's MacBreak Weekly they were talking about this. The consensus was that the d/l version will be ultra cheap similar to SL b/c Apple wants people to migrate quickly. And then there will be a retail box that will sell for more for those who either can't or don't want to d/l. There is a patter of this in iLife, iWork, Aperture, etc., where the d/l version is much less expensive than the retail box.
On yesterday's MacBreak Weekly they were talking about this. The consensus was that the d/l version will be ultra cheap similar to SL b/c Apple wants people to migrate quickly. And then there will be a retail box that will sell for more for those who either can't or don't want to d/l. There is a patter of this in iLife, iWork, Aperture, etc., where the d/l version is much less expensive than the retail box.
Mac'nCheese
Apr 9, 09:00 PM
(48/2)(9+3) would be straight forward. The way the formula was originally typed lends interpretation as:
48/
2(9+3)
Why would someone choose to group one set with parentheses and not another unless they were being intentionally ambiguous?
Did you call your elementary school teacher? I didn't. They taught me well enough the first time.
Because to teach kids the correct way to do math, teachers make up examples in which some actual thinking is needed to solve the problem. Written the way you just put it, it does not teach pemdas, something this math problem is obviously supposed to do. Your math teacher obviously taught u wrong or you just forgot how to do math as my numerous facts supported by searches prove. I dont need to call anyone, I taught SAT review courses for over a decade and my wife is currently a math teacher. But please take my challenge. Go to your local school and ask any math teacher how to properly do pemdas if u still can't accept the fact that u are clearly, beyond any shadow of a doubt, wrong.
48/
2(9+3)
Why would someone choose to group one set with parentheses and not another unless they were being intentionally ambiguous?
Did you call your elementary school teacher? I didn't. They taught me well enough the first time.
Because to teach kids the correct way to do math, teachers make up examples in which some actual thinking is needed to solve the problem. Written the way you just put it, it does not teach pemdas, something this math problem is obviously supposed to do. Your math teacher obviously taught u wrong or you just forgot how to do math as my numerous facts supported by searches prove. I dont need to call anyone, I taught SAT review courses for over a decade and my wife is currently a math teacher. But please take my challenge. Go to your local school and ask any math teacher how to properly do pemdas if u still can't accept the fact that u are clearly, beyond any shadow of a doubt, wrong.
acurafan
May 7, 01:23 PM
that would be awesome, free is good! i'd sign up and use it as honeypot for all useless mail and spam (same as my gmail and yahoo) :D
aswitcher
Jul 30, 03:31 PM
Nice piece of work over at www.floatingpears.com
<image>
:D :D :D
Almost perfect. I think it needs one more button below the screen for dedicated shortcuts so I can personalise my access.
Also add in an IR port in the top so I can use it as a remote with Frontrow (when BT isn't a good choice) and more easily eschange files with older phones.
4GB and 8GB options would really bbe iPod subs.
<image>
:D :D :D
Almost perfect. I think it needs one more button below the screen for dedicated shortcuts so I can personalise my access.
Also add in an IR port in the top so I can use it as a remote with Frontrow (when BT isn't a good choice) and more easily eschange files with older phones.
4GB and 8GB options would really bbe iPod subs.
0815
Apr 5, 01:19 PM
I can understand Apple's concern here it could give the impression to an uneducated user that it is OK to jailbreak their phone since they are being encouraged to by what would seem like a legitimate source. I don't think it's much of an issue for Scion owners though as they are probably used to sub-par performance.
From the legal point of view it is ok. There should be better education about the risks when jailbreaking and how to protect better against those. But you can legally jailbreak and protect against most risks (if you do it right)
From the legal point of view it is ok. There should be better education about the risks when jailbreaking and how to protect better against those. But you can legally jailbreak and protect against most risks (if you do it right)
KnightWRX
Apr 24, 09:37 AM
Yes, an iMac needs to have a 7xxx Display to be retina...as it's viewing distance shouldn't be what the iP4 is.
You contradict yourself here. A 27" iMac is probably already retina, considering the viewing distance should be around 30" away.
As the distance grows, the PPI treshold to achieve the "retina" effect of "Eye can't distinguish the individual pixels" becomes lower. Given enough distance, 48 PPI can be enough to be dubbed "retina display" (your standard 50" 1080p TV).
Is 25,600,000 bytes (25.6 MB) x 60 Hz not equal to 1,536,000,000 bytes.
Correct me if I am wrong.
No, you're not wrong. But I'm not either. I'll let you figure out why (think about the lower case b in Mbps vs MB of RAM ;) ). Unless I'm misinterpreting something, I doubt DP 1.2 can push out 21 gigaBYTES of data per second...
As for the 6990 listing that as max resolution, I'm betting that has more to do with current LCD display limitation (that is the max resolutions you'll find on an LCD monitor) than with actual hardware limitation. The hardware is capable of more than that. Some of these cards with a single GPU have 2-4 DP outputs capable of driving 2-4 of these 2560x1600 monitors. The GPU itself doesn't a problem pushing out these pixels and DP 1.2 makes it so they can push it over a single connection.
I look forward to the day that Apple releases retina displays for the MBP. Something else that would set :apple: apart.
Sony was there first with the Vaio Z. 13.3", 1920x1080 baby. If it weren't so expensive it would be mine and I'd be back to running Linux.
You contradict yourself here. A 27" iMac is probably already retina, considering the viewing distance should be around 30" away.
As the distance grows, the PPI treshold to achieve the "retina" effect of "Eye can't distinguish the individual pixels" becomes lower. Given enough distance, 48 PPI can be enough to be dubbed "retina display" (your standard 50" 1080p TV).
Is 25,600,000 bytes (25.6 MB) x 60 Hz not equal to 1,536,000,000 bytes.
Correct me if I am wrong.
No, you're not wrong. But I'm not either. I'll let you figure out why (think about the lower case b in Mbps vs MB of RAM ;) ). Unless I'm misinterpreting something, I doubt DP 1.2 can push out 21 gigaBYTES of data per second...
As for the 6990 listing that as max resolution, I'm betting that has more to do with current LCD display limitation (that is the max resolutions you'll find on an LCD monitor) than with actual hardware limitation. The hardware is capable of more than that. Some of these cards with a single GPU have 2-4 DP outputs capable of driving 2-4 of these 2560x1600 monitors. The GPU itself doesn't a problem pushing out these pixels and DP 1.2 makes it so they can push it over a single connection.
I look forward to the day that Apple releases retina displays for the MBP. Something else that would set :apple: apart.
Sony was there first with the Vaio Z. 13.3", 1920x1080 baby. If it weren't so expensive it would be mine and I'd be back to running Linux.
ergle2
Sep 15, 05:01 PM
i thought merom went to 2.66 :confused: or was that conroe?
Merom tops out at 2.33GHz for now.
Conroe goes all the way up to 2.93GHz.
Merom tops out at 2.33GHz for now.
Conroe goes all the way up to 2.93GHz.
fivetoadsloth
Apr 10, 07:25 PM
Mathematica 8. As far as I am concerned the most powerful math software available. People don't shell out thousands of dollars for a product that can't do basic math.
288.
288.
mdatwood
Apr 25, 11:32 AM
IF apple is not collecting the data, then what's the point of the file in the first place.
AGPS and it helps with tower switching while actually using the phone. Android has the same type of file (and likely other phones before it) for the same reasons. The only difference is that Apple left out a time based truncation feature.
AGPS and it helps with tower switching while actually using the phone. Android has the same type of file (and likely other phones before it) for the same reasons. The only difference is that Apple left out a time based truncation feature.
RalfTheDog
Apr 7, 11:28 AM
I can't believe the number of positive votes and gloaters we have in here. Aren't you the same people who are outraged because you can't get your iPad 2 because the scalpers bought them all up?
Look, if Apple dominates the tablet market because the iPad is genuinely better than the other guy's tablet (and don't get me wrong, I think it is) and that causes Apple's sales to far eclipse everyone else, then GREAT! People vote with their wallets and the dominant winner is clear. But if Apple becomes the dominant player because, heck, they're so big that they can simply BUY THEIR WAY to the top, then that's not really fair for anybody, is it?
Isn't that how Windows got their market share? Because Microsoft got so big that they could start dictating deals to the PC makers? Didn't we bash them for "forcing" Windows on consumers, not giving them a fair choice?
scalpers nothing, it was customers. People want the iPad.
They only need like ~100,000.
RIM is no Google. I can't picture them using more than 10,000 in the same time frame
Look, if Apple dominates the tablet market because the iPad is genuinely better than the other guy's tablet (and don't get me wrong, I think it is) and that causes Apple's sales to far eclipse everyone else, then GREAT! People vote with their wallets and the dominant winner is clear. But if Apple becomes the dominant player because, heck, they're so big that they can simply BUY THEIR WAY to the top, then that's not really fair for anybody, is it?
Isn't that how Windows got their market share? Because Microsoft got so big that they could start dictating deals to the PC makers? Didn't we bash them for "forcing" Windows on consumers, not giving them a fair choice?
scalpers nothing, it was customers. People want the iPad.
They only need like ~100,000.
RIM is no Google. I can't picture them using more than 10,000 in the same time frame
Apple OC
Apr 20, 12:22 AM
this seems very likely .... looking forward
Moyank24
May 5, 01:52 AM
I'm going to go wayyyyyy out on the proverbial limb here and suggest that since mscriv knows the full map at the outset of the game, that he's going to pretty much lay traps or monsters in each or every other room we enter- especially the ones where there is only one door for us to enter into another room.
Perhaps we should reconsider the splitting up or else we will be picked off one at a time.
Thoughts? I'm just musing out loud. I'm sure my darling Beatrice will correct me or tell me what my thoughts should be anyhow. :p
The only trepidation I have against splitting up so soon is that we'll be weaker apart. But, on the other hand the longer we wait the chances of the monsters being stronger are better.
And my darling husband, I'm just in it for the alimony. ;)
Perhaps we should reconsider the splitting up or else we will be picked off one at a time.
Thoughts? I'm just musing out loud. I'm sure my darling Beatrice will correct me or tell me what my thoughts should be anyhow. :p
The only trepidation I have against splitting up so soon is that we'll be weaker apart. But, on the other hand the longer we wait the chances of the monsters being stronger are better.
And my darling husband, I'm just in it for the alimony. ;)
stuarty2003
Mar 31, 03:12 AM
I reckon Lion will be the last of cat names used for OS X.
They can't really call the next one Ocelot, for example.
They can't really call the next one Ocelot, for example.
No comments:
Post a Comment