wacky4alanis
Nov 6, 08:42 AM
So i assume you will be carrying the TomTom mount and iPhone as one piece at all times? :rolleyes:
Of course you need to bring a mount - you need a mount either way. When I say "carry" I don't mean I keep it in a fanny pack 24/7. I mean I bring it with me when I travel. So let's count for the slow people...
Mount + Garmin + iPhone = 3 items
Mount + iPhone = 2 items
Gee - 2 is less than 3! Yay.
Of course you need to bring a mount - you need a mount either way. When I say "carry" I don't mean I keep it in a fanny pack 24/7. I mean I bring it with me when I travel. So let's count for the slow people...
Mount + Garmin + iPhone = 3 items
Mount + iPhone = 2 items
Gee - 2 is less than 3! Yay.
bigandy
Nov 26, 11:11 AM
i don't think it would appeal to that many people, to have an apple tablet.
i mean, the PC/Win versions aren't great sellers...
i mean, the PC/Win versions aren't great sellers...

whenpaulsparks
Aug 2, 11:13 AM
finally someone reasonable! so many of you flippin fools don't realize what WWDC stands for...
World wide DEVELOPER'S conference!
this is about professional stuff. in they launched the powermac g5, because developers could then write 64-bit apps. in they discussed tiger (and i think launched new pro displays) so that users could write stuff using core image and all the cool new tiger features. in they announced the transition to intel, because devs could now write stuff for the intel platform (and i don't think they really announced anything else AFAICR...). so in they are going to talk about leopard and how it relates to developers, and maybe release PROFESSIONAL products, like a mac pro or xserve.
you have got to be CRAZY to think that he's going to intro an ipod at WWDC, when MW Paris is right around the corner! MW Paris in september is pretty much ALWAYS when they intro ipods and consumer products this time of year.
edit: last year, they had a special media event around october to intro the imac g5 with isight and video ipod and did not have anything at MW Paris. this will probably be the same this year.
World wide DEVELOPER'S conference!
this is about professional stuff. in they launched the powermac g5, because developers could then write 64-bit apps. in they discussed tiger (and i think launched new pro displays) so that users could write stuff using core image and all the cool new tiger features. in they announced the transition to intel, because devs could now write stuff for the intel platform (and i don't think they really announced anything else AFAICR...). so in they are going to talk about leopard and how it relates to developers, and maybe release PROFESSIONAL products, like a mac pro or xserve.
you have got to be CRAZY to think that he's going to intro an ipod at WWDC, when MW Paris is right around the corner! MW Paris in september is pretty much ALWAYS when they intro ipods and consumer products this time of year.
edit: last year, they had a special media event around october to intro the imac g5 with isight and video ipod and did not have anything at MW Paris. this will probably be the same this year.
MacBoobsPro
Aug 2, 01:03 PM
You got it wrong. If you can't have cameras.. you CAN'T HAVE CAMERAS even if they're NOT being used. I work at a place where you can't have cellphones with cameras on the premises (i.e., the parking lot) let alone inside. Many companies with such policies will not buy displays because of such.
Actually thinking about it yes you are right :o What about companies that have sensitive material etc. Still think Apple would do it though :D
Actually thinking about it yes you are right :o What about companies that have sensitive material etc. Still think Apple would do it though :D
weedy
May 6, 03:53 AM
This has to be one of the topics on macrumors with the highest ********-per-post ratio.
Seriously guys, didn't you learn anything from the PPC->Intel move?
Go learn something about ARM, the industry and Apple itself and then have an informed and imaginative opinion. ;)
Seriously guys, didn't you learn anything from the PPC->Intel move?
Go learn something about ARM, the industry and Apple itself and then have an informed and imaginative opinion. ;)
Rot'nApple
Mar 29, 05:15 PM
Thousands of people are dying in Japan and all you idiots care about is iPod Touch batteries? That's kind of... selfish.
Umm, sadly, tens of thousands of people have already died from the natural disaster alone (earthquake/tsunami) and Nuclear Power or anything "man-made" had nothing to do with it... However, the secondary hit Japan is going to take from their Nuclear problem remains to be seen.
What really is selfish is these so called environmentalists that decry oil drilling as bad for the earth and a pollutant in so many ways, that they and other activists made it EVIL to even think it and some politicians make fun of it, but yet the world's economies depend on fossil fuels in so many ways. While it may be true of oil's pollutant value, there is no mistaking that you can go in and clean up most oil spills without a geiger counter and not worry about radiation poisoning and the people would have oil to heat their homes and gas to drive their cars. Something those in the hard struck areas of Japan currently don't have. Let us not forget countless other products that have oil as a by-product in it's formation, such as (http://www.ranken-energy.com/Products%20from%20Petroleum.htm)... Let alone iPod batteries.
Wonder how the fine folks at Chernobyl are doing? Anyone here moving there soon? I'd bet you'd have better luck in Prince William Sound in Alaska.
Thank you environmentalist!
/
/
/
Umm, sadly, tens of thousands of people have already died from the natural disaster alone (earthquake/tsunami) and Nuclear Power or anything "man-made" had nothing to do with it... However, the secondary hit Japan is going to take from their Nuclear problem remains to be seen.
What really is selfish is these so called environmentalists that decry oil drilling as bad for the earth and a pollutant in so many ways, that they and other activists made it EVIL to even think it and some politicians make fun of it, but yet the world's economies depend on fossil fuels in so many ways. While it may be true of oil's pollutant value, there is no mistaking that you can go in and clean up most oil spills without a geiger counter and not worry about radiation poisoning and the people would have oil to heat their homes and gas to drive their cars. Something those in the hard struck areas of Japan currently don't have. Let us not forget countless other products that have oil as a by-product in it's formation, such as (http://www.ranken-energy.com/Products%20from%20Petroleum.htm)... Let alone iPod batteries.
Wonder how the fine folks at Chernobyl are doing? Anyone here moving there soon? I'd bet you'd have better luck in Prince William Sound in Alaska.
Thank you environmentalist!
/
/
/
suwandy
Sep 15, 06:13 PM
So, how is MacShrine perceived in the rumor community? Do they have a sufficiently good track record for us to say, "this is it - the Merom MBP is finally coming", or is this likely to be just another rehash of all the Core2Duo MBP hype/frustration going around?
Reliable or not, I guess this is a good news for many of us waiting for the C2D MBP. If it proved reliable, I think MacRumors should pay more attention to check their updates in the future. ;)
I was about to think of that as "another crappy site?" but then I thought, hey, everyone have their own sources that you could never imagine, like one of the posts right before Sept 12th event claiming to know the entire agenda, and he's pretty accurate, no?
Reliable or not, I guess this is a good news for many of us waiting for the C2D MBP. If it proved reliable, I think MacRumors should pay more attention to check their updates in the future. ;)
I was about to think of that as "another crappy site?" but then I thought, hey, everyone have their own sources that you could never imagine, like one of the posts right before Sept 12th event claiming to know the entire agenda, and he's pretty accurate, no?
-aggie-
May 3, 09:37 PM
EDIT: Read above. Don't panic got it.
Not according to the OP he didn't. In the example the hero had one AP and the monster had one AP. Sooooo how did the hero win?
Not according to the OP he didn't. In the example the hero had one AP and the monster had one AP. Sooooo how did the hero win?
mikechan1234
Apr 20, 07:39 AM
I hope they change the back of the phone. Prefer the 3G/3GS style :)

clibinarius
Mar 27, 12:02 PM
I just don't understand the thought of an iPad 3 this fall. Unless they're trying to line up iPad updates with iPod updates, I don't see how this is possible or even really needed. I like the timing of the current releases. It offsets any updates of iPhones and iPods because they all have different release times.
Having iOS 5 this fall does make sense, honestly.
Maybe they'll release the ipad pro: Retina Display, 2 gigs of ram, 128-256 flash ram, and oh yeah, a price tag of $2000.
I mean a high end tablet would have some appeal...
Having iOS 5 this fall does make sense, honestly.
Maybe they'll release the ipad pro: Retina Display, 2 gigs of ram, 128-256 flash ram, and oh yeah, a price tag of $2000.
I mean a high end tablet would have some appeal...
ravenvii
May 3, 01:24 PM
is it possible for a fight to end with both monsters and heroes in the room? (this will depend on how you organize the HP/AP)
what happens next? another battle the next turn/round? can the heroes run? can the monster be re-located by the villain?
No. No. No.
can the healing treasure bring HP to be higher than the level (e.g, if i am level 3, with 1HP left, I am alone and I find the healing treasure, do i go to 3HP, to 6HP or is it like a flask that i can use in part and in part save/share later)?
No.
can the villain put traps in already explored rooms?
Yes.
would 'explore' also find secret doors if any?
Neat idea, but no. Maybe future games.
what happens next? another battle the next turn/round? can the heroes run? can the monster be re-located by the villain?
No. No. No.
can the healing treasure bring HP to be higher than the level (e.g, if i am level 3, with 1HP left, I am alone and I find the healing treasure, do i go to 3HP, to 6HP or is it like a flask that i can use in part and in part save/share later)?
No.
can the villain put traps in already explored rooms?
Yes.
would 'explore' also find secret doors if any?
Neat idea, but no. Maybe future games.
matznentosh
Jul 30, 06:49 PM
...Verizon was reliable, although their network has been terrible. As I've said, I never get 3 bars or above, and I live in Denver! The service will constantly go out whenever I'm in NYC. The phones do seem to be cheap. My Samsung A670 is probably the only non-joke phone they had, and I've been pretty happy with it.
I have Verizon, my wife T-Mobile. T-Mobile works fine in New York City, and so does Verizon. Especially in the past year Verizon has spent literally a fortune improving their reception, so that dead spots are much fewer than they used to be. I believe this is why they ignore "cool" phones, they are going for reliability with companies who buy in bulk for their employees, not really for consumers - go to a Verizon store if you want to be convinced they don't really care about the common man -
but what I am trying to say is, that I disagree about reception of Verizon: it's very good, and especially so outside of the major business cities like NYC and Washington. My wife's T-Mobile often is out of range when we travel, and we have to use my Verizon phone.
That said, Verizon rarely, with the exception of the recent Treo 700p, gets the really cool phones, so will probably bypass Apple as well.
I have Verizon, my wife T-Mobile. T-Mobile works fine in New York City, and so does Verizon. Especially in the past year Verizon has spent literally a fortune improving their reception, so that dead spots are much fewer than they used to be. I believe this is why they ignore "cool" phones, they are going for reliability with companies who buy in bulk for their employees, not really for consumers - go to a Verizon store if you want to be convinced they don't really care about the common man -
but what I am trying to say is, that I disagree about reception of Verizon: it's very good, and especially so outside of the major business cities like NYC and Washington. My wife's T-Mobile often is out of range when we travel, and we have to use my Verizon phone.
That said, Verizon rarely, with the exception of the recent Treo 700p, gets the really cool phones, so will probably bypass Apple as well.
Bonte
Nov 22, 07:03 AM
Video iChat on your phone? Internet services? Email? Address? Calendar? Have you used a Palm or Blackberry? They are OK for what they do, but they could be so much better...a lot better. What they are missing is exactly what Apple has to offer -- and it isn't music.
iChat is definitely going to be hugely important for Apple but so is letting all these features work seamlessly together with Windows users. The few options Apple has in this regard is making the iPhone Mac only or with Windows compatible apps or just bring osX to PC and be done with it.
If we look at all the devices we want from Apple, they all need tight integration with the OS. An Apple branded iPod, iPhone, iTV, iSmart, iCamera, etc.. will be on the market sooner or later, so Apple will make and support countless Windows Apps or be osX only. I strongly believe that opening up osX will be easier to do and has a higher long term potential.
iChat is definitely going to be hugely important for Apple but so is letting all these features work seamlessly together with Windows users. The few options Apple has in this regard is making the iPhone Mac only or with Windows compatible apps or just bring osX to PC and be done with it.
If we look at all the devices we want from Apple, they all need tight integration with the OS. An Apple branded iPod, iPhone, iTV, iSmart, iCamera, etc.. will be on the market sooner or later, so Apple will make and support countless Windows Apps or be osX only. I strongly believe that opening up osX will be easier to do and has a higher long term potential.
macenforcer
Aug 7, 06:46 PM
1 GB Sticks are only $125 each from Third Parties. (http://www.oempcworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1.0G-PC2-5300E&Category_Code=240pin)
2x1 = 2GB = $250 vs Apples 4x 512 NOT 6x 512 = + $270
4x1 = 4GB = $500 vs. Apple's $990
I think you really should change your order to base ram and add TWO 1GB sticks for only $250 for a total of 3GB to begin with for less than the cost of TWO from Apple taking up only 4 slots. :)
But are they FB-DIMMs?
2x1 = 2GB = $250 vs Apples 4x 512 NOT 6x 512 = + $270
4x1 = 4GB = $500 vs. Apple's $990
I think you really should change your order to base ram and add TWO 1GB sticks for only $250 for a total of 3GB to begin with for less than the cost of TWO from Apple taking up only 4 slots. :)
But are they FB-DIMMs?
muffinss
May 6, 01:34 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if Apple did.. They do have a history of doing this. They have changed CPU type's three times now. Motorola, IBM, and now x86. Consumer out rage didn't stop them. Apple will do what Apple wants to do. Plus Apple has been slowly moving away from being a traditional computer manufacture to being a mobile device manufacture. Ever since the iPod, Apple has been slowly moving away..They're starting to care more about mobile devices and energy efficiency than they do raw power like they use to.
Pretty much all their mobile devices run off of ARM, its only natural to wanting all of their devices, computers included, to run off of the same processor type. I wouldn't be shocked if they already have a computer with an ARM processor running off of full blown OS X liked they had OS X running off of x86 for all those years before they released it..
Pretty much all their mobile devices run off of ARM, its only natural to wanting all of their devices, computers included, to run off of the same processor type. I wouldn't be shocked if they already have a computer with an ARM processor running off of full blown OS X liked they had OS X running off of x86 for all those years before they released it..
nasty devil
Apr 24, 12:46 AM
Are the current iMacs not retina enough? Lol
But I wouldn't mind, if prices are the same :D
But I wouldn't mind, if prices are the same :D
KingCrimson
Apr 18, 02:57 PM
Interesting that Samsung Group is a much larger corporation to Apple, but only have $4.5 billion in cash reserves. While Apple has $50 billion and counting.
Multimedia
Sep 17, 01:58 AM
Unfortunately, that's just the way it is with apple, and it's despicable.
I'm hoping with the next MBP update, they also tweak the enclosure to allow for an easily swappable HDD, like the macbook. It simply isn't fair that a lower end model gets a great feature like that and the higher end gets screwed. I would be sorely disappointed if this did not happen with the update.
Because of return policy issues, I will probably go ahead and get the 5400rpm drive. It seems like much less hassle to stay away from BTO systems if something goes wrong.MovieCutter told me that there is negligible difference in performance between the 5400 and 7200 high capacity dirves and that the 120GB 5400 is a better way to go - lower heat, higher capacity, lower power draw. I'm hoping the top models have a 160GB Seagate inside.
If there is no easy access HD bay in the new 17" 2.33GHz C2D MBP I will not buy one of these and opt for a 2GHz C2D MacBook when it ships or wait for the next 17" MBP revision. I feel so strongly about wanting this feature that I refuse to buy a mobile Mac without it.
I'm hoping with the next MBP update, they also tweak the enclosure to allow for an easily swappable HDD, like the macbook. It simply isn't fair that a lower end model gets a great feature like that and the higher end gets screwed. I would be sorely disappointed if this did not happen with the update.
Because of return policy issues, I will probably go ahead and get the 5400rpm drive. It seems like much less hassle to stay away from BTO systems if something goes wrong.MovieCutter told me that there is negligible difference in performance between the 5400 and 7200 high capacity dirves and that the 120GB 5400 is a better way to go - lower heat, higher capacity, lower power draw. I'm hoping the top models have a 160GB Seagate inside.
If there is no easy access HD bay in the new 17" 2.33GHz C2D MBP I will not buy one of these and opt for a 2GHz C2D MacBook when it ships or wait for the next 17" MBP revision. I feel so strongly about wanting this feature that I refuse to buy a mobile Mac without it.
Kavok
Apr 26, 04:16 PM
Okay let's break it down per handset. 97 android phones with different versions of android (per wikipedia).. 5 different iPhones since 2007... which has greater share per handset?
Just because Android is flooding the market doesn't make it a superior mobile OS. Just one that caters to the lowest common denominator.
People I've talked to with Android-based smartphones aren't happy with the interface and some have decided to go iPhone after showing them the differences.
Just because Android is flooding the market doesn't make it a superior mobile OS. Just one that caters to the lowest common denominator.
People I've talked to with Android-based smartphones aren't happy with the interface and some have decided to go iPhone after showing them the differences.
gugy
Jul 30, 01:19 AM
I don't think I've hated any company so passionately as I hate Verizon. I have not one positive word to say about them. If/when Apple announces a phone, I'll pay the early termination fee on my Verizon contract and jump to the carrier with Apple's phone. Hopefully that'll be Cingular.
Interesting I am the opposite of you. I hate Cingular and I am OK with Verizon.
The big question is if whatever Apple comes up it needs a good network.
What good will be an amazing phone with a crap network and service. In the past I had Cingular and just hate it. Now I have Verizon, I do not love it but at least I can use it at my home and office and IMHO is better than Cingular.
So I just hope I can have an Iphone that actually works wherever I go.
Interesting I am the opposite of you. I hate Cingular and I am OK with Verizon.
The big question is if whatever Apple comes up it needs a good network.
What good will be an amazing phone with a crap network and service. In the past I had Cingular and just hate it. Now I have Verizon, I do not love it but at least I can use it at my home and office and IMHO is better than Cingular.
So I just hope I can have an Iphone that actually works wherever I go.
Mad Mac Maniac
Mar 26, 09:57 PM
as long as it is a solid enough update, I'll be happy :)
robvas
Apr 21, 02:57 PM
Making the width & height those dimensions, might make the length a lot longer. I could see space requirement problems & how would placement be effected without it being rack mounted?
You mean depth. 1U's are DEEP.
http://i.imgur.com/sM1sK.jpg
You mean depth. 1U's are DEEP.
http://i.imgur.com/sM1sK.jpg
SandynJosh
Apr 26, 04:52 PM
did you need to use that manual to help operate the phone?
honestly I think android is just as intuitive and easy to use as ios. I can't believe people actually say they don't understand how to use android. for god sakes my 8 year old nephew figured out his dad's android phone after a 30 minutes of playing with it.
I prefer ios for it's elegance but android isn't tough to use at all...
Yes, I did need to use the Android manual... a lot!
I'll bet the 8 year-old relative figured out how to play the games, but did he add names to the address book, download photos to a computer, or set alarms and calendar events? Did he figure out how to get the phone pad to reappear when it disappeared just as he was about to enter a number?
I'm often confronted with a choice of "A" or "B" with the Android phone when I real desire is to do neither. There is no intuitive way to back out of that screen nor lead me to do what I wish.
Apple products are far more intuitive than other products. They just don't look better but the whole user experience is better.
honestly I think android is just as intuitive and easy to use as ios. I can't believe people actually say they don't understand how to use android. for god sakes my 8 year old nephew figured out his dad's android phone after a 30 minutes of playing with it.
I prefer ios for it's elegance but android isn't tough to use at all...
Yes, I did need to use the Android manual... a lot!
I'll bet the 8 year-old relative figured out how to play the games, but did he add names to the address book, download photos to a computer, or set alarms and calendar events? Did he figure out how to get the phone pad to reappear when it disappeared just as he was about to enter a number?
I'm often confronted with a choice of "A" or "B" with the Android phone when I real desire is to do neither. There is no intuitive way to back out of that screen nor lead me to do what I wish.
Apple products are far more intuitive than other products. They just don't look better but the whole user experience is better.
-aggie-
May 3, 01:58 PM
I feel like DP: why wouldn't we just tell people our secret power?
No comments:
Post a Comment