
avkills
Jul 14, 02:35 PM
Man if they put the power supply on the top that would just be insanely stupid. 2 Optical drives is fine by me, although I am good with just one. But the post above about a Blu-Ray drive would make having 2 logical, one is Blue-ray, other is DVD/CD +/- RW.
-mark
-mark
oingoboingo
Aug 17, 03:23 AM
But it's not faster. Slower actually than the G5 at some apps. What's everyone looking at anyway? I'm pretty unimpressed. Other than Adobe's usage of cache (AE is a cache lover and will use all of it, hence the faster performance).
But the actual xeon processors are only as fast as the G5 processors. Look at the average specs... the 2.66 machines are only a teeny bit faster than the G5s except in a few apps like filemaker. But not in the biggies like Final Cut Pro where it actually appears that mhz for mhz the G5 is a faster machine hands down!
I guess one extra thing to consider if you're taking that point of view is that the Quad 2.5GHz G5 costs US $3299 with 512MB RAM, and the Quad 2.66GHz MacPro only costs US $2499 with 1GB RAM, plus a superior case design. Even if the MacPro is only the same speed as the Quad G5, it's substantially cheaper.
And that can't be a bad thing.
But the actual xeon processors are only as fast as the G5 processors. Look at the average specs... the 2.66 machines are only a teeny bit faster than the G5s except in a few apps like filemaker. But not in the biggies like Final Cut Pro where it actually appears that mhz for mhz the G5 is a faster machine hands down!
I guess one extra thing to consider if you're taking that point of view is that the Quad 2.5GHz G5 costs US $3299 with 512MB RAM, and the Quad 2.66GHz MacPro only costs US $2499 with 1GB RAM, plus a superior case design. Even if the MacPro is only the same speed as the Quad G5, it's substantially cheaper.
And that can't be a bad thing.
daveaudio
Aug 11, 12:53 PM
The US GSM carriers suck. T-Mobile has great customer service, but their coverage stinks. Cingular has great coverage, but they have BY FAR the worst customer service.
Plus EVDO beats the pants off of EDGE. And Verizon + Sprint + Amp'd + US Cellular + a bunch of other, smaller CDMA carriers account for over 60million potential customers in the US. If they only do a GSM version of the phone, it'll be a big mistake.
Hahahahaha you do not know much about the cell business here in the U.S. T-Mobile uses Cingulars network in a better part of the country, and Cingular uses T-Mobiles in the other parts, under a roaming deal agreement they made when Deustche Telecom bought Voicestream creating T-Mobile.

The man CINDY MCCAIN is

Filed under: Cindy McCain

CINDY MCCAIN 1122.jpg

Is this Cindy McCain cheating

Cindy McCain blows a kiss to

cindy mccain. cindy mccain

say there was no affair.

Cindy McCain is Having an

Cindy McCain and Senator John

Cindy McCain surprised me this

cindy mccain affair

Cindy McCain#39;s affair is retribution for John McCain#39;s affair.

cindy mccain affair.

cindy mccain affair. Cindy McCain – one of the; Cindy McCain – one of the

John McCain Wife Cindy McCain; cindy mccain affair. cindy lou hensley mccain; cindy lou hensley mccain

cindy mccain affair
Plus EVDO beats the pants off of EDGE. And Verizon + Sprint + Amp'd + US Cellular + a bunch of other, smaller CDMA carriers account for over 60million potential customers in the US. If they only do a GSM version of the phone, it'll be a big mistake.
Hahahahaha you do not know much about the cell business here in the U.S. T-Mobile uses Cingulars network in a better part of the country, and Cingular uses T-Mobiles in the other parts, under a roaming deal agreement they made when Deustche Telecom bought Voicestream creating T-Mobile.
jbro1999
Jun 15, 02:57 PM
Went to my Radio Shack and was the only person there looking for an iPhone4, stood there for an hour from 1 to 2pm while the manager and another associate tried a million times to get me a PIN, finally they told me to go home and they would keep trying and give me a call when they got one.
45 minutes later i got a call that they finally got through and i have a PIN, they told me that even if one phone shows up at the store on release day it's mine.
Now i have to sit and wait 9 days to see what happens on release day, not betting on getting one at this point, i even had to sacrifice and order black when i wanted a white one. When white finally does come out i'm going to the Apple store and asking them to swap phones for all this trouble.
This whole process so far has been one big fat WTF!
Same thing happened to me! Just got mine pin too. Took them over 250 tries. I was the only one in the store that got an iPhone. He also told me only 4 stores out for 22 got through in our district. I'm not mad though... It was kind of fun, and killed most of my boring day at work.
45 minutes later i got a call that they finally got through and i have a PIN, they told me that even if one phone shows up at the store on release day it's mine.
Now i have to sit and wait 9 days to see what happens on release day, not betting on getting one at this point, i even had to sacrifice and order black when i wanted a white one. When white finally does come out i'm going to the Apple store and asking them to swap phones for all this trouble.
This whole process so far has been one big fat WTF!
Same thing happened to me! Just got mine pin too. Took them over 250 tries. I was the only one in the store that got an iPhone. He also told me only 4 stores out for 22 got through in our district. I'm not mad though... It was kind of fun, and killed most of my boring day at work.
Reach
Sep 19, 02:38 AM
Damn. Though the interesting thing is I don't need the speed increase, My Core Duo iMac is too fast fast for my mediocre every day use. It still want Merom, badly, not knowing why.
haha At least you get it. :) Most people shouldn't fall into the everchurning machine on incremental updates to keep people buying more than they really need.
But for some it makes a difference though, usually the Pro-users, and time saved on processing data is time saved for making money, and I understand why they "need" it. Well, maybe I understand so readily because I "need" it myself. :)
haha At least you get it. :) Most people shouldn't fall into the everchurning machine on incremental updates to keep people buying more than they really need.
But for some it makes a difference though, usually the Pro-users, and time saved on processing data is time saved for making money, and I understand why they "need" it. Well, maybe I understand so readily because I "need" it myself. :)
gugy
Aug 6, 02:25 PM
It's not relevant, the marks are registered in different fields of activity...if these guys are real, they don't have a case anyway.
very true.
I just think is funny the stupid mentality of a reseller threatening of a lawsuit against their major product provider. Even if Mac Pro wins the suit (very unlikely) Apple could just stop providing products to them and basically killing their business or making them switch to a PC.
This is just is just as stupid as the Tiger Direct suit. So I would love to see Mac Pro being slapped in the face at the same way.
The truth must be that this post was just a joke just to have us debating about it. The real Mac Pro doesn't even care about this issue.
very true.
I just think is funny the stupid mentality of a reseller threatening of a lawsuit against their major product provider. Even if Mac Pro wins the suit (very unlikely) Apple could just stop providing products to them and basically killing their business or making them switch to a PC.
This is just is just as stupid as the Tiger Direct suit. So I would love to see Mac Pro being slapped in the face at the same way.
The truth must be that this post was just a joke just to have us debating about it. The real Mac Pro doesn't even care about this issue.
aswitcher
Aug 27, 04:40 AM
This is great news. Looking forward to a revamp of half the Apple line over the next month or so.
ECUpirate44
Apr 11, 11:27 AM
Makes my recent iPhone 4 purchase look like a good decision. Sorry for those who are waiting for the 5 :o
Dr.Gargoyle
Aug 12, 06:05 AM
Ah but Finland is a tiny social democrat country that's home to some of the world's largest mobile companies. They like to give a bit back to their home communities.
We have the same cell phone system in Sweden, Denmark, Norway as in Finland. I am almost certain that Iceland has the same system too.
We have the same cell phone system in Sweden, Denmark, Norway as in Finland. I am almost certain that Iceland has the same system too.
jlewis2k1
Aug 11, 11:41 AM
am i the only one here that really thinks this is just a pathetic to even think apple is coming out with a phone? Personally, I can not see apple coming out with one. Honestly, I'm quite sick of hearing all of these posts about potential iPhone stuff. i just dont believe it would happen.
RedTomato
Aug 11, 12:28 PM
My bets are that it will be either with Nokia or with HTC.
Nokia make the best phone interfaces in the world, which is a very Apple-like thing to do. They're also very experienced at phone hardware desigh and integrating it smoothly with the interface.
HTC are a taiwan company that design and make the best phone hardware in the world, and then sell them to companies like O2, T-Mobile etc to put their brand on. Most HTC-built phones run Windows Mobile, which Apple may be interested in replaceing with OSX Mobile...
I can quite easily see Apple commisisoning HTC to make a Apple phone, these people are simply the best at hardware phone design and manufacture.
Someone suggested Blackberry, but Blackberry is more geared to corporate use - not a very Apple-like sector - and also are quite heavily dependent on having access to a Windows server to get the most out of your phone.
Overall, I feel it will be HTC and OSX Mobile...
Nokia make the best phone interfaces in the world, which is a very Apple-like thing to do. They're also very experienced at phone hardware desigh and integrating it smoothly with the interface.
HTC are a taiwan company that design and make the best phone hardware in the world, and then sell them to companies like O2, T-Mobile etc to put their brand on. Most HTC-built phones run Windows Mobile, which Apple may be interested in replaceing with OSX Mobile...
I can quite easily see Apple commisisoning HTC to make a Apple phone, these people are simply the best at hardware phone design and manufacture.
Someone suggested Blackberry, but Blackberry is more geared to corporate use - not a very Apple-like sector - and also are quite heavily dependent on having access to a Windows server to get the most out of your phone.
Overall, I feel it will be HTC and OSX Mobile...
dejunky
Apr 6, 03:41 PM
What is the obsession with back-lit keys?
Do you actually look at the keyboard when you're typing?
Yes.
Do you actually look at the keyboard when you're typing?
Yes.

Dr.Gargoyle
Aug 11, 03:59 PM
Only if you have an active subscription on all of them. That's the number the graph behind the link shows.
I have three subscriptions. Two in europe, one in US. How does that count?
I have three subscriptions. Two in europe, one in US. How does that count?
marksman
Apr 11, 03:14 PM
You're kidding right? iPhone 4 and iOS 4 are incredibly stale. Apple has realized this and hence strong rumors suggest a total revamped iOS 5. Anyway i don't agree with you, i don't think the iPhone 4 is the best smartphone in the market.
No I am not kidding. If those are the best phones in the market why do multiple iPhone and Blackberry devices outsell the best android phone ALWAYS?
People keep wanting to point to these android spec whore of the month models, but they don't offer a superior experience... It is just silly.
Like I said,t he iPhone 4 is stil the best smartphone out there.
The thunderbolt doesn't even come close to outselling the iPhone just on Verizon.
No I am not kidding. If those are the best phones in the market why do multiple iPhone and Blackberry devices outsell the best android phone ALWAYS?
People keep wanting to point to these android spec whore of the month models, but they don't offer a superior experience... It is just silly.
Like I said,t he iPhone 4 is stil the best smartphone out there.
The thunderbolt doesn't even come close to outselling the iPhone just on Verizon.
DJsteveSD
Apr 27, 11:33 AM
Since I'm neither a criminal nor paranoid, I thought it was kind of cool/interesting too.
so what do these people that are all freaked out about it have to hide? I'm not doing anyting wrong, not cheating on someone or robbing banks so track away! Do these people not have anything else to do but freak about EVERY LITTLE THING!
-geez!
:eek:
so what do these people that are all freaked out about it have to hide? I'm not doing anyting wrong, not cheating on someone or robbing banks so track away! Do these people not have anything else to do but freak about EVERY LITTLE THING!
-geez!
:eek:
Silentwave
Jul 14, 09:34 PM
Either way, between the case redesign rumor and the Conroe vs. Woodcrest rumor, looks like WWDC will really boost the credibility of one rumors site and smash the other's credibility to pieces (unless they're both wrong).
No, I don't think its possible to either make ThinkSecret's credibility either better or worse without disrupting the balance of the space/time continuum. Unless of course there are powerbook G5s on Tuesday August 8th during WWDC. In that case, the universe will vanish instantly and be replaced with something even more inexplicable.
No, I don't think its possible to either make ThinkSecret's credibility either better or worse without disrupting the balance of the space/time continuum. Unless of course there are powerbook G5s on Tuesday August 8th during WWDC. In that case, the universe will vanish instantly and be replaced with something even more inexplicable.
SkyStudios
Apr 25, 04:36 PM
First things first, let Apple pay the fines becuase this is indeed a violation of our privacy, Google and facebook paid ober 300,000 dollars to Europe for it why should Apple not pay the fine?
Lets get to the real deal, Apple was already sued for violating privacy laws last year, they where not only storing location data but collecting users political views which required fallowing personal emails, chats, web history recorded regardless of you cleaning it afterwards with some paid apps.
Its a federal offense to not only tap someones line, stalk them with location recording but sell them a device, if people knew this they would never of purchased the device., let those poeple in Top companies who have FBI protecting them from Espionage SUE APPLE and Android companies too if they violate privacy laws becuase thats info you can topple a company with fast, especially competitors.
As for the naive kids who claim police can use this location data to find a rapists or perpetrator at large your dead wrong kids, here is a list of proceedings which have to be met to do this,
The cops can not at all even look into your phone, etc, unless your dumb enough to give them info, how ever a PI or detective can., cops and everyone else need warrants if they want to use this info legally, anything other then that is a personal decision and violation of someones rights, if cops had access to your phone who knows what issues we would have, they are not trained on legal matters, detectives, PIs, federal agents, Pis and detectives working under a lawyer who does, all going through the district attorneys office can, even journalists who are retired Feds, detectives, Pis or CIA agents can, they know the laws or their work is worthless in court.
Cops can however use police jammers, eves drop on your line through the district attorneys office via the phone company, they can even turn your phone into a video camera if it has one with out software or you knowing this, so can the feds, this all is also useless unless a warrant is issued, if cuaght they lose their license or get fined,
Maybe Apple will just pay the fine and walk away with money they made toppling other companies by spying on their employees. , but one thing is for sure, they HAVE TO CHANGE THIS GAME and also REMOVE KIDS APPS that prey on children to pay for more games with out them even knowing it.
Lets get to the real deal, Apple was already sued for violating privacy laws last year, they where not only storing location data but collecting users political views which required fallowing personal emails, chats, web history recorded regardless of you cleaning it afterwards with some paid apps.
Its a federal offense to not only tap someones line, stalk them with location recording but sell them a device, if people knew this they would never of purchased the device., let those poeple in Top companies who have FBI protecting them from Espionage SUE APPLE and Android companies too if they violate privacy laws becuase thats info you can topple a company with fast, especially competitors.
As for the naive kids who claim police can use this location data to find a rapists or perpetrator at large your dead wrong kids, here is a list of proceedings which have to be met to do this,
The cops can not at all even look into your phone, etc, unless your dumb enough to give them info, how ever a PI or detective can., cops and everyone else need warrants if they want to use this info legally, anything other then that is a personal decision and violation of someones rights, if cops had access to your phone who knows what issues we would have, they are not trained on legal matters, detectives, PIs, federal agents, Pis and detectives working under a lawyer who does, all going through the district attorneys office can, even journalists who are retired Feds, detectives, Pis or CIA agents can, they know the laws or their work is worthless in court.
Cops can however use police jammers, eves drop on your line through the district attorneys office via the phone company, they can even turn your phone into a video camera if it has one with out software or you knowing this, so can the feds, this all is also useless unless a warrant is issued, if cuaght they lose their license or get fined,
Maybe Apple will just pay the fine and walk away with money they made toppling other companies by spying on their employees. , but one thing is for sure, they HAVE TO CHANGE THIS GAME and also REMOVE KIDS APPS that prey on children to pay for more games with out them even knowing it.
wpotere
Apr 27, 12:31 PM
I suspected it was a copy, I've never trusted the president, and I probably never will.
Wow... You tap dance worse than Trump does. Just say it, you NEVER liked Obama and never wanted him as president. So your comments earlier were nothing but a lie.
Wow... You tap dance worse than Trump does. Just say it, you NEVER liked Obama and never wanted him as president. So your comments earlier were nothing but a lie.
Snowy_River
Jul 31, 10:37 AM
Now you've got some skills. I especially like the shadowing, reflections and detail on the back side. Very nice.
I agree with your size assessment.
Actually, our designs are quite close, differing primarily in cosmetics. What I'm refering to is my earlier design, (which I suspect you missed) not boncellis'. boncellis wished to see a wider, flatter version for use in home entertainment, so I conjured that 2nd one up for visualization. While that form factor has grown on me somewhat, I still like the taller version, as I had done earlier, and you've shown here, as well.
Here's my initial design, from earlier in this thread.
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/9648/macandmacminipx9.jpg
The size of mine is a little smaller (narrower) - I wanted the whole thing less than 8" wide, though it could go back a little deeper, i.e. not necessarily square.
Also, see possible/hoped for product specs earlier in the thread.
Personally, I think I still prefer the smoother Mini-like skin than the perforated look of the Pro, but I'm just quibbling.
Thanks for the imagery.
-Dan
Thank you. I had fun doing it. Although I realized later that my MP is missing the Apple Logo on the side. Oh well.
I did see your earlier design, actually. I had though that it was meant to be the same footprint as the Mac Mini. Seeing it again, I can see that I was mistaken. By comparison, my design is 10"W x 11"D x 4"H. I think to bring it down to the MP 8.1"W, it would have to be made taller, to be reasonable.
Also, in the vein of quibbling, I think that the perforated look of the MP allows for much better cooling, and therefore hotter components, such as extra boards, faster processors, higher-end GPU, etc. That's the reason I went with it... :)
Maybe now I should draw a scene with the Mac++, a keyboard, a mouse, and an ACD. What do you think?
I agree with your size assessment.
Actually, our designs are quite close, differing primarily in cosmetics. What I'm refering to is my earlier design, (which I suspect you missed) not boncellis'. boncellis wished to see a wider, flatter version for use in home entertainment, so I conjured that 2nd one up for visualization. While that form factor has grown on me somewhat, I still like the taller version, as I had done earlier, and you've shown here, as well.
Here's my initial design, from earlier in this thread.
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/9648/macandmacminipx9.jpg
The size of mine is a little smaller (narrower) - I wanted the whole thing less than 8" wide, though it could go back a little deeper, i.e. not necessarily square.
Also, see possible/hoped for product specs earlier in the thread.
Personally, I think I still prefer the smoother Mini-like skin than the perforated look of the Pro, but I'm just quibbling.
Thanks for the imagery.
-Dan
Thank you. I had fun doing it. Although I realized later that my MP is missing the Apple Logo on the side. Oh well.
I did see your earlier design, actually. I had though that it was meant to be the same footprint as the Mac Mini. Seeing it again, I can see that I was mistaken. By comparison, my design is 10"W x 11"D x 4"H. I think to bring it down to the MP 8.1"W, it would have to be made taller, to be reasonable.
Also, in the vein of quibbling, I think that the perforated look of the MP allows for much better cooling, and therefore hotter components, such as extra boards, faster processors, higher-end GPU, etc. That's the reason I went with it... :)
Maybe now I should draw a scene with the Mac++, a keyboard, a mouse, and an ACD. What do you think?
RebootD
Apr 5, 06:13 PM
Personally, I love CS5, even on the Mac Pro with 5870/GTX285. Hopefully this won't jinx myself, but I've had no bugs or frustrations, and I edit full HD movies with it.
I'm looking forward to this version of FCS, because I've only played around in it with others' systems, and it didn't blow my skirt up. It will be nice to have both suites, if the new FCS proves worthy. I know a lot of FCS users, and I look forward to joining them, so get this thing right, Apple.
I took the plunge and upgraded my CS4 Design to Master in order to take advantage of 64bit Premiere/AE. Really looking forward to this, hopefully Apple can catch up to the competition.
I'm looking forward to this version of FCS, because I've only played around in it with others' systems, and it didn't blow my skirt up. It will be nice to have both suites, if the new FCS proves worthy. I know a lot of FCS users, and I look forward to joining them, so get this thing right, Apple.
I took the plunge and upgraded my CS4 Design to Master in order to take advantage of 64bit Premiere/AE. Really looking forward to this, hopefully Apple can catch up to the competition.
p0intblank
Sep 19, 08:05 AM
I can see this happening. The MacBook will now be available in five colors! ;)
shamino
Jul 21, 12:52 PM
i've just sold my dual g5 because
i plan to buy a new macpro in august.
You sold your existing computer now, so you can replace it with a system that has not yet been announced?
And what if this system doesn't ship until October or November?
I hope that G5 wasn't your only computer.
But seems that it will be already obsolate after 3 months.
"Obsolete"? Because it isn't the fastest computer in the world?
I hate to break it to you, but if you define "obsolete" as "less powerful than the best in the world", then you're going to be buying new computers every three months for the rest of your life.
So Intel is coming out with faster chips on a rapid schedule, so what? Even if Apple releases updated systems every three months, so what? Does this somehow mean the computer you buy today will suddenly become incapable of running the applications you want to run?
i plan to buy a new macpro in august.
You sold your existing computer now, so you can replace it with a system that has not yet been announced?
And what if this system doesn't ship until October or November?
I hope that G5 wasn't your only computer.
But seems that it will be already obsolate after 3 months.
"Obsolete"? Because it isn't the fastest computer in the world?
I hate to break it to you, but if you define "obsolete" as "less powerful than the best in the world", then you're going to be buying new computers every three months for the rest of your life.
So Intel is coming out with faster chips on a rapid schedule, so what? Even if Apple releases updated systems every three months, so what? Does this somehow mean the computer you buy today will suddenly become incapable of running the applications you want to run?
pavetheforest
Sep 15, 09:44 PM
Dude I'm going to sell my dell.
jwhitnah
Aug 8, 12:34 AM
anyone else a little underwhelmed with today's WWDC? There isn't anything that really jumped out at me besides the Mac Pro.
Mac Pro looks very nice. Now I am sure they will uodate their LCDs, so I do not want one/two and Leopard is a very modest refinement. They should have had system restore like MS years ago. Not a compelling upgrade, but I will buy it. Sigh.
Mac Pro looks very nice. Now I am sure they will uodate their LCDs, so I do not want one/two and Leopard is a very modest refinement. They should have had system restore like MS years ago. Not a compelling upgrade, but I will buy it. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment