andrewm
Aug 23, 11:07 AM
I did...:D
DIE POWER PC...DIE!!!
Most agreed. I'm using an iBook G4 right now, but I'd practically sell my kidneys (both of 'em!) to convert it to a MacBook Pro.
Let us continue to pray for a speedy death to the Macintosh PowerPC computer.
DIE POWER PC...DIE!!!
Most agreed. I'm using an iBook G4 right now, but I'd practically sell my kidneys (both of 'em!) to convert it to a MacBook Pro.
Let us continue to pray for a speedy death to the Macintosh PowerPC computer.
SevenInchScrew
Aug 8, 11:40 PM
i don't know, i still think the Gran Turismo series is the best as far as real driving simulation. by far. and the number of copies sold backs that up
If sales are the judge of a games greatness, then Mario Kart on the Wii is the greatest racing game of all time. No doubt about it. The number of copies sold backs that up. Sorry GT.
If sales are the judge of a games greatness, then Mario Kart on the Wii is the greatest racing game of all time. No doubt about it. The number of copies sold backs that up. Sorry GT.
ArchaicRevival
Apr 25, 03:44 PM
Ha. They got nothing on Apple's lawyers lol
dclocke
Sep 19, 10:06 AM
...that and a Airplane/Auto Magsafe power adapter. dont you think that would be nice. it's been to long without it! cmon apple. build it!
On a (somewhat) unrelated subject... I must be flying on the wrong airlines, because I only think I've been on a plane with any kind of power outlet (AC or DC) once, and that was on one of the larger (trans-oceanic?) planes. Which sucks, because my current laptop usually doesn't have enough battery power to even last through a 2 hour flight...
On a (somewhat) unrelated subject... I must be flying on the wrong airlines, because I only think I've been on a plane with any kind of power outlet (AC or DC) once, and that was on one of the larger (trans-oceanic?) planes. Which sucks, because my current laptop usually doesn't have enough battery power to even last through a 2 hour flight...
KnightWRX
Mar 22, 12:59 PM
I agree.
But who in their right minds would want to own something called a Playbook? :o
Coaches all over the world. You know, to replace their paper Playbooks. ;)
But who in their right minds would want to own something called a Playbook? :o
Coaches all over the world. You know, to replace their paper Playbooks. ;)
Analog Kid
Apr 6, 02:04 PM
Xoon...
Chundles
Jul 20, 08:36 AM
The Mactopus??
Notice time. I bags it, I said it first, it's MINE!!!
My only...
My Mactopus...
Notice time. I bags it, I said it first, it's MINE!!!
My only...
My Mactopus...
Rodimus Prime
Apr 27, 01:14 PM
well here is a kicker for you Glennbeck is saying that if you are still questioning Obama citizenship (aka a birther) you are crazy.
http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/04/27/obama-releases-birth-certificate-holds-press-conference/
If glennbeck is calling you crazy on this topic that is pretty bad because we know how off center Glenn Beck.
http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/04/27/obama-releases-birth-certificate-holds-press-conference/
If glennbeck is calling you crazy on this topic that is pretty bad because we know how off center Glenn Beck.
Multimedia
Sep 19, 11:29 AM
I missed you guys this morning. ;)

azzurri000
Sep 19, 12:18 AM
But it'd still be sweet to get some updates. Keeps me feeling all warm and fuzzy :)
I feel like that whenever a new design makes an arrival! It's an awesome feeling :) Just wish I could share it more in the real world :(
I feel like that whenever a new design makes an arrival! It's an awesome feeling :) Just wish I could share it more in the real world :(
dernhelm
Aug 7, 03:56 PM
I'd also like to point out I've never actually gotten XP's system restore to work, I've tried about 10 times over the past 5 years. Maybe I'm the exception, but you really can't rely on it.
I've had it TRASH a machine at my home before. But I've used it successfully at work once or twice. For the disk space, though, I often turn it off. It is a complete pig, and if I'm tight at all, it's the first thing to go.
I've had it TRASH a machine at my home before. But I've used it successfully at work once or twice. For the disk space, though, I often turn it off. It is a complete pig, and if I'm tight at all, it's the first thing to go.
Stridder44
Apr 10, 12:28 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
This should be interesting.
This should be interesting.
iMikeT
Sep 19, 04:28 AM
I sure hope that the MacBook (regular) line is update at next week's conference. That way, the MacBook my girlfriend just bought can get a Core 2 Duo update.
Sirmausalot
Apr 6, 08:11 AM
"Come to see a surprise sneak peek at something very special - you really do not want to miss this one!"
Does this mean it's not going to ship yet?
Does this mean it's not going to ship yet?
danielespejo
Apr 5, 10:59 PM
sorry but that's not the case. While some contend it's jaw-dropping, that's only because they're stacking it up against what FCS is currently.
.....
While some may find the new FCS exciting, and it does have some bells and whistles, it's typical Apple doing an incremental bump to keep up with what others are doing. Sad really.
Which 'new FCS' are you speaking about? Are you referring to the version that will allegedly be released at NAB? If so, how did you see it? You must be important!
.....
While some may find the new FCS exciting, and it does have some bells and whistles, it's typical Apple doing an incremental bump to keep up with what others are doing. Sad really.
Which 'new FCS' are you speaking about? Are you referring to the version that will allegedly be released at NAB? If so, how did you see it? You must be important!

maverick18x
Aug 5, 03:43 PM
I heard a rumour somewhere of an all metallic ipod nano, can anyone else tell me if they have heard anything similar.
The rumor that we'd see new nanos at WWDC was first written about by ThinkSecret. They've recently gone back on their claim and suggestted a Setember timeframe.
Personally, I highly doubt we'll see ANY iPod/iTunes updates here... WWDC is historically a developer/pro event and not a consumer event. Plus, Apple is still clearing inventory by giving away nanos to college students who purchase a Mac (ends October 16th). I feel like any new iPods will get their own special event, in the October to November timeframe.
My Predictions for WWDC
Headliners:
- Leopard Preview (VMware Demo?)
- Mac Pro (Quad-core Xenon?)
- Cinema Display Updates (iSight? +30"?)
- "One More Thing..." (Something Unexpected)
Without much fanfare:
- Core 2 Duo Updates (MacBook Pro? iMac?)
- Xserve Updates (Quad-core Xenon?)
The rumor that we'd see new nanos at WWDC was first written about by ThinkSecret. They've recently gone back on their claim and suggestted a Setember timeframe.
Personally, I highly doubt we'll see ANY iPod/iTunes updates here... WWDC is historically a developer/pro event and not a consumer event. Plus, Apple is still clearing inventory by giving away nanos to college students who purchase a Mac (ends October 16th). I feel like any new iPods will get their own special event, in the October to November timeframe.
My Predictions for WWDC
Headliners:
- Leopard Preview (VMware Demo?)
- Mac Pro (Quad-core Xenon?)
- Cinema Display Updates (iSight? +30"?)
- "One More Thing..." (Something Unexpected)
Without much fanfare:
- Core 2 Duo Updates (MacBook Pro? iMac?)
- Xserve Updates (Quad-core Xenon?)
Thunderhawks
Mar 31, 03:49 PM
Oh, Lordy! The Fandroids were always delusional, but reading some of these comments�this seems to have pushed them over the line into some sort of clinical psychosis.
Can't we just all get along?:-)
The pissing contest continues taking on comical character.
As an iphone user I have a great device that does what I want it to do. The least of that is actually making phone calls.
It's beautifully integrated with all my Apple stuff.
The Android users have their iphone and ios copy phones. (Hello Mr. Schmidt, nice stealing)
If the Androids and Windoof phones do what their consumers need them to do be happy.
Why would I even care if open or closed. I have no personal advantages if Mr. Rubin has to eat his words or they make changes. Technology is ever evolving.
As a famous politician once said: What do I care about what I said yesterday?
May the better product win, copy and all. If the iphone starts to suck and there are better alternatives for me, I'll switch and so will plenty of others.
Same the other way around.
Can't we just all get along?:-)
The pissing contest continues taking on comical character.
As an iphone user I have a great device that does what I want it to do. The least of that is actually making phone calls.
It's beautifully integrated with all my Apple stuff.
The Android users have their iphone and ios copy phones. (Hello Mr. Schmidt, nice stealing)
If the Androids and Windoof phones do what their consumers need them to do be happy.
Why would I even care if open or closed. I have no personal advantages if Mr. Rubin has to eat his words or they make changes. Technology is ever evolving.
As a famous politician once said: What do I care about what I said yesterday?
May the better product win, copy and all. If the iphone starts to suck and there are better alternatives for me, I'll switch and so will plenty of others.
Same the other way around.
djpuma
Apr 11, 12:44 PM
I've been living with this iphone 3g since it launched and didn't want the iphone 4 for antenna reasons.
Now if this is true that they will push back the iphone 5 release. I will seriously consider jumping platforms.
No point in getting a 4 since it's already outdated and I was hoping for the iphone 5 release in June/July.
I think this is a serious mistake on apple's part and yes, it would also be dumb to release the 5 in june and a 5.5 with LTE in January, but They could push the lte until june of 2012.
The androids are starting to look better and better as time goes on.
Now if this is true that they will push back the iphone 5 release. I will seriously consider jumping platforms.
No point in getting a 4 since it's already outdated and I was hoping for the iphone 5 release in June/July.
I think this is a serious mistake on apple's part and yes, it would also be dumb to release the 5 in june and a 5.5 with LTE in January, but They could push the lte until june of 2012.
The androids are starting to look better and better as time goes on.

Tomaz
Aug 7, 05:12 PM
Yeah, Apple is definitely copying Microsoft now... it's pretty undeniable. Time Machine is virtually identical to Microsoft's backup system for Vista.
"Previous Docs" from Wikipedia:
...
System Restore, Shadow Copy, and Backup in Vista now run on the same technology (so they are considerably different than the XP versions).
iChat basically got the remote screen sharing feature that Microsoft shipped with XP in 2001...
Mail and iCal got a bunch of features from Outlook 2007 and Windows Live Calendar/Mail.
Dashboard's ability to clip web pages is straight out of Active Desktop.
the Spotlight improvements were things that Indexing Server in XP/2000/2003 already did. ...
Spaces is virtual desktops just like the powertoy MS released years ago
...
Core Animation looks like Apple's response to all the DX and WPF (Avalon) animation tools in Vista.
Bingo !
"Previous Docs" from Wikipedia:
...
System Restore, Shadow Copy, and Backup in Vista now run on the same technology (so they are considerably different than the XP versions).
iChat basically got the remote screen sharing feature that Microsoft shipped with XP in 2001...
Mail and iCal got a bunch of features from Outlook 2007 and Windows Live Calendar/Mail.
Dashboard's ability to clip web pages is straight out of Active Desktop.
the Spotlight improvements were things that Indexing Server in XP/2000/2003 already did. ...
Spaces is virtual desktops just like the powertoy MS released years ago
...
Core Animation looks like Apple's response to all the DX and WPF (Avalon) animation tools in Vista.
Bingo !
skunk
Mar 1, 04:31 PM
well it certainly isn't the renaissance mind, as leonardo and michelangelo were pretty clearly raving homosexuals.+2. :)
Benjamins
Mar 31, 03:34 PM
I was just pointing out that the code is still open, even if some have to wait longer than has been the case. I'm not saying everything is golden and Google are a paragon of virtue, this is certainly a bit of a sly move on their part.
I cannot help shake the feeling that some of the vitriol from certain people is the fear that a more coherent and unified Android ecosystem is an even bigger threat to the iOS platform.
not really. It's just reaction to extreme hypocrisy.
Maybe Google needs to back off from using the word "open" like they own it.
I cannot help shake the feeling that some of the vitriol from certain people is the fear that a more coherent and unified Android ecosystem is an even bigger threat to the iOS platform.
not really. It's just reaction to extreme hypocrisy.
Maybe Google needs to back off from using the word "open" like they own it.
mkrishnan
Aug 7, 04:35 PM
Well, do you think it's a copy of "Previous versions", which someone posted a link to in this thread?
It's very similar. I'm saying, who cares? It's a simple basic concept and Apple has a nice implementation going. :) And I actually believe that Apple's version will not have glaring security holes. :eek: :p Ahem...I installed Trillian on managed Win2k and XP machines as a standard user, and other users had access to my IM accounts without logging in!!!! :rolleyes:
Anyway, though, a Wiki Server in Leopard Server...mmmm... If only we lived in an Apple world. :D
That guy who made the angry video said it best... using a Mac is not so much using a computer but participating in the Apple experience. :D
It's very similar. I'm saying, who cares? It's a simple basic concept and Apple has a nice implementation going. :) And I actually believe that Apple's version will not have glaring security holes. :eek: :p Ahem...I installed Trillian on managed Win2k and XP machines as a standard user, and other users had access to my IM accounts without logging in!!!! :rolleyes:
Anyway, though, a Wiki Server in Leopard Server...mmmm... If only we lived in an Apple world. :D
That guy who made the angry video said it best... using a Mac is not so much using a computer but participating in the Apple experience. :D
gnasher729
Jul 20, 01:26 PM
But as some already pointed out, many applications can't use multiple cores, therefore you won't get any performance improvements with multi cores.
True, but many applications are fast enough on a single core, and applications that are not fast enough _will_ be modified when multiple processors are common.
True, but many applications are fast enough on a single core, and applications that are not fast enough _will_ be modified when multiple processors are common.
squeeks
Apr 28, 03:58 PM
Did you ask to see W's birth certificate, or any other president's birth certificate? Why not?
Because there was never a question of wither or not any of those men were born in the US, with Obama the past was always a bit hazy as to if he was actually born in Hawaii or thats just what his parents told him. Obviously he doesn�t remember BEING BORN in hawaii..his parents could have just told him that.
But now we have proof and its all over with there�s no need to be calling names about it.
Because there was never a question of wither or not any of those men were born in the US, with Obama the past was always a bit hazy as to if he was actually born in Hawaii or thats just what his parents told him. Obviously he doesn�t remember BEING BORN in hawaii..his parents could have just told him that.
But now we have proof and its all over with there�s no need to be calling names about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment