pmz
Mar 28, 11:41 AM
Apple would only be hurting themselves if they waited until the Fall.
People are ready for a new iPhone. If it doesn't come out by June, some will lose patience and buy an iPhone 4, or worse, will be tempted by the false promises coming from every phone offering 4G service.
People are ready for a new iPhone. If it doesn't come out by June, some will lose patience and buy an iPhone 4, or worse, will be tempted by the false promises coming from every phone offering 4G service.
ergle2
Sep 15, 11:08 PM
Thank You For This Excellent Analysis Of Santa Rosa And What It Will And Won't Be ergle2. Best I've read anywhere here so far.
Thanks -- Glad you liked it :)
Thanks -- Glad you liked it :)
dontmatter
Apr 7, 03:00 PM
What a way to win.
AtHomeBoy_2000
Jul 30, 09:10 AM
They wouldn't have to do that. You know ESPN Mobile, Boost Mobile, and AMP'd mobile? They are all "virtual" networks that lease bandwidth from other providers who actually have a physical network. These "virtual" wireless companies are called MVNOs. Apple could become an MVNO (and it has been rumored in the past that would do so), so that they could offer all the features they want, and ensure a consistent experience across the entire user base.
How successful are MVNOs? Last I heard ESPN and Disney mobile are rumored to be shutting down due to low subscriber numbers.
How successful are MVNOs? Last I heard ESPN and Disney mobile are rumored to be shutting down due to low subscriber numbers.
John Jacob
Jul 23, 11:56 AM
Well, since WWDC has been bumped from the usual June day, we all know something is coming. I kinda am hoping for a 13" MBP. They could introduce the 13" MBP along with bumped up 15" and 17" ones.
I would love that. I really want a MBP to replace my PB12, but the current MBPs are too bulky. What I really want is a 13" MBP of the same general form factor as the MacBooks, but with a dedicated pro graphics card and everything else the MBPs have...
I would love that. I really want a MBP to replace my PB12, but the current MBPs are too bulky. What I really want is a 13" MBP of the same general form factor as the MacBooks, but with a dedicated pro graphics card and everything else the MBPs have...
dontwalkhand
Mar 30, 12:59 AM
Hey Apple,
I don't want my iPhone 5 to be leaking radiation...
Too soon? :cool::rolleyes:
I hope you know that cell phones emit radiation.
I don't want my iPhone 5 to be leaking radiation...
Too soon? :cool::rolleyes:
I hope you know that cell phones emit radiation.
unlinked
Apr 25, 11:14 AM
Correct, and that's why Steve is telling the truth unlike the trolls pretending this is an Apple conspiracy. That file is stuck on your hard disk and goes nowhere. Delete it and you don't even have that (as I did months ago when this story first broke). I tried the mapping tool and it won't work on my machine because consolidated.db cannot be found. Yet my iPhone works just fine, and Location Services works fine too.
Apple has never grabbed this information.
Android, on the other hand, exists so that it can serve advertiser's needs. Apple has been Opt In, but Android is Opt Out, which means your data gets transmitted to advertisers by default. You bet they track you on Droids. That's the entire business model.
So the database exists for no reason at all? Sounds somewhat unlikely to me.
Apple has never grabbed this information.
Android, on the other hand, exists so that it can serve advertiser's needs. Apple has been Opt In, but Android is Opt Out, which means your data gets transmitted to advertisers by default. You bet they track you on Droids. That's the entire business model.
So the database exists for no reason at all? Sounds somewhat unlikely to me.
tf843364
Aug 4, 12:14 AM
Never buy an apple product!!!
As soon as you do something new and better comes out!!!
AAAHHHHHH
I am typing this away on my new Macbook, Core 1 Duo; which i bought under the self-brainwashed reasoning that the MBP alone would see 2x2. Why you ask? Cuz I figured hey, the MB JUST came out, why refresh it every 2 months! The MBP has been out like 8 months, that makes sense.
I can only PRAY I am right.
No that my Macbook will be instant crap... I just COULD have waited until september.
Damn you apple...
As soon as you do something new and better comes out!!!
AAAHHHHHH
I am typing this away on my new Macbook, Core 1 Duo; which i bought under the self-brainwashed reasoning that the MBP alone would see 2x2. Why you ask? Cuz I figured hey, the MB JUST came out, why refresh it every 2 months! The MBP has been out like 8 months, that makes sense.
I can only PRAY I am right.
No that my Macbook will be instant crap... I just COULD have waited until september.
Damn you apple...
vniow
Aug 7, 02:00 PM
Upping the baseline of the MacPro to $2500, what is that.
The baseline is actually somewhere around $2100, you can lower some of the options when configuring.
The baseline is actually somewhere around $2100, you can lower some of the options when configuring.
illbeback
Apr 5, 04:34 PM
Nope Apple is the ruler of all.
The master of the universe and the company that knows better than you do.
Just notice how they act.
What they censor and how hypocritical they are.
Only Uncle Steve can give you permission and he's never going to do that.
He's GOD according to many fanboys here...
All Hail Apple! (no special symbols needed). :) ha ha ha ha ha:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
The master of the universe and the company that knows better than you do.
Just notice how they act.
What they censor and how hypocritical they are.
Only Uncle Steve can give you permission and he's never going to do that.
He's GOD according to many fanboys here...
All Hail Apple! (no special symbols needed). :) ha ha ha ha ha:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Northgrove
Apr 9, 01:59 PM
Stay classy, Steve :p
You can't say they're just doing it to ruin it for others though, since they have had trouble satisfying the iPad 2 demands as it is.
You can't say they're just doing it to ruin it for others though, since they have had trouble satisfying the iPad 2 demands as it is.
Plutonius
May 3, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=ravenvii;12507483]CURRENT KNOWN MAP:
http://web.me.com/ravenvii/map/known.png
map confusion - I'm assuming the yellow marks are three doors. but is our start position inside the mansion ?
http://web.me.com/ravenvii/map/known.png
map confusion - I'm assuming the yellow marks are three doors. but is our start position inside the mansion ?
alst
Sep 11, 05:26 AM
Not sure if this has been posted on another forum but have a look at the following links, especially the comments by sleepygeek
hmmmmmm....i wonder.....
http://www.macobserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48094&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
and
http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/Home/43018C50-3B90-464D-97DD-F265C61F23D7.html
hmmmmmm....i wonder.....
http://www.macobserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48094&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
and
http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/Home/43018C50-3B90-464D-97DD-F265C61F23D7.html
Popeye206
Apr 7, 10:50 AM
LOL! So Apple's ability to control a consumer market is a good thing? Tell me you're not that naive.
LOL! I love it when someone calls someone else "naive" when the opposite is true just based on their statement! Funny isn't it?
LOL! I love it when someone calls someone else "naive" when the opposite is true just based on their statement! Funny isn't it?
xraydoc
May 6, 12:22 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)
And go through the whole ARM-native app vs. Rosetta mk. II emulation thing again, with transitional machines that never live up to their full potential? Unless ARM can compete with the resources of Intel and their 3D 22nm chip fab technologies, I think it'll be a rough transition giving us several years worth of under-performing Mac hardware.
Can't see using an ARM processor for Final Cut Pro by 2014.
And go through the whole ARM-native app vs. Rosetta mk. II emulation thing again, with transitional machines that never live up to their full potential? Unless ARM can compete with the resources of Intel and their 3D 22nm chip fab technologies, I think it'll be a rough transition giving us several years worth of under-performing Mac hardware.
Can't see using an ARM processor for Final Cut Pro by 2014.
KindredMAC
Aug 7, 05:22 PM
I am very much a pro user and I very much have no use for airport or bluetooth. So I'm glad that it's not being forced on me.
I'm a Pro too...BUT I did get my PM G5 with APE and BT installed and I DO think they should be standard.
My reasoning was the "Future" and "Wirelessness".
I knew that my Airport Extreme station sits right above my set up on a shelf, but I don't know where my G5 might end up down the road in my house, especially if I finish my basement and put a seperate Studio in there. I will probably need to put the Airport somewhere in the middle of the house so our laptops can still get it put not right where the G5 is.
As for BT... #1 Reason- Wireless Keyboard, Mouse and Tablets.
#2 Reason- Many rumors have circulated for almost a year of possible BT integration into the iPods. Maybe for Headphones? Maybe for file transfers? Who knows at this point! So I wanted it JUST IN CASE. As it is, you can't add those items after market into the Macs so why not do it now.
As for "forcing" a tech on someone, I think FW 800 is a forcing of tech on people. I don't need FW 800. I make use of it because it is there in place of extra FW 400 plugs. I would like to know how many out there use their FW 800 ports on their G5's and for what. Ya know what I use mine for? My 3G iPod. Whuppdy Doo!
I'm a Pro too...BUT I did get my PM G5 with APE and BT installed and I DO think they should be standard.
My reasoning was the "Future" and "Wirelessness".
I knew that my Airport Extreme station sits right above my set up on a shelf, but I don't know where my G5 might end up down the road in my house, especially if I finish my basement and put a seperate Studio in there. I will probably need to put the Airport somewhere in the middle of the house so our laptops can still get it put not right where the G5 is.
As for BT... #1 Reason- Wireless Keyboard, Mouse and Tablets.
#2 Reason- Many rumors have circulated for almost a year of possible BT integration into the iPods. Maybe for Headphones? Maybe for file transfers? Who knows at this point! So I wanted it JUST IN CASE. As it is, you can't add those items after market into the Macs so why not do it now.
As for "forcing" a tech on someone, I think FW 800 is a forcing of tech on people. I don't need FW 800. I make use of it because it is there in place of extra FW 400 plugs. I would like to know how many out there use their FW 800 ports on their G5's and for what. Ya know what I use mine for? My 3G iPod. Whuppdy Doo!
Small White Car
May 4, 02:59 PM
As for being more restrictive, you're choosing to break the terms of the licence if you install it on more than one machine.
For rule-breakers it's more restrictive.
For rule-followers it's less restrictive.
I thought we were talking about rule-breakers which is why I'm going on and on about how it's more restrictive.
For rule-breakers it's more restrictive.
For rule-followers it's less restrictive.
I thought we were talking about rule-breakers which is why I'm going on and on about how it's more restrictive.
Multimedia
Aug 7, 07:29 PM
Is this whole heat sinked ram issue for real?
I just ordered the top o line, Macpro. but with base ram as usual onoly to see the FB- blah blah heat sinked, get nothing else or your computer will become the wind tunnel of hell, Is this true.
Should I get a 2gig base and try to work up from there?
Hellllpppp!
OMG estimated shipping date Sept 12th, they gotta be kidding!No you did the right thing. Anything more will still cost less from third parties.
I just ordered the top o line, Macpro. but with base ram as usual onoly to see the FB- blah blah heat sinked, get nothing else or your computer will become the wind tunnel of hell, Is this true.
Should I get a 2gig base and try to work up from there?
Hellllpppp!
OMG estimated shipping date Sept 12th, they gotta be kidding!No you did the right thing. Anything more will still cost less from third parties.
infidel69
Mar 29, 05:37 PM
Are you willing to pay more for your Mac gadgets so they can be made here?
You're god damn right I am and not just for Mac gadgets either.
You're god damn right I am and not just for Mac gadgets either.
Nuvi
May 7, 01:47 PM
Most people don't understand the fundamental differences between iDisk and Drop Box. If Apple was to build a front end to iDisk that stored the file locally and then sync'd over WebDAV in the background they'd be able to offer the same performance.
Hope this helps.
Eh... iDisk is stored locally then synced in the background. When you work on your iDisk files you edit the local file on HD which is then synced to the cloud. Sorry mate but I guess you fall into category of people who don't understand the fundamental difference between iDisk and Drop Box. iDisk file transfer speed is dead slow and Drop Box is fast...
Hope this helps.
Eh... iDisk is stored locally then synced in the background. When you work on your iDisk files you edit the local file on HD which is then synced to the cloud. Sorry mate but I guess you fall into category of people who don't understand the fundamental difference between iDisk and Drop Box. iDisk file transfer speed is dead slow and Drop Box is fast...
carlos700
Aug 2, 09:17 PM
http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20060727comp.htm
"Intel Corporation today unveiled 10 Intel� Core� 2 Duo and Intel� Core� 2 Extreme processors for consumer and business desktop and laptop PCs..."
The article later goes on to show the advantages of the Mobile PC Processor.
Merom is officially announced. They just don't say Merom.
You win that one. :D Although I cannot find the product page for laptop Core 2 Duos, only those for the desktop.
"Intel Corporation today unveiled 10 Intel� Core� 2 Duo and Intel� Core� 2 Extreme processors for consumer and business desktop and laptop PCs..."
The article later goes on to show the advantages of the Mobile PC Processor.
Merom is officially announced. They just don't say Merom.
You win that one. :D Although I cannot find the product page for laptop Core 2 Duos, only those for the desktop.
ender land
Apr 10, 08:17 AM
48/2(9+3)
There is implied multiplication between the 2 and the (9+3) term, meaning the equation effectively looks like
48/2*(9+3)
This is quite obviously 288.
I agree too this is a stupid question, it's akin to asking someone verbally "what does 'their' mean?" because the choice of "their" vs "they're" is not clear.
If there was a space, such that it said
48/ 2*(9+3)
then I could see an argument for it being 2, but as it stands, there is no reason you should ever find this equation to be equal to 2.
There is implied multiplication between the 2 and the (9+3) term, meaning the equation effectively looks like
48/2*(9+3)
This is quite obviously 288.
I agree too this is a stupid question, it's akin to asking someone verbally "what does 'their' mean?" because the choice of "their" vs "they're" is not clear.
If there was a space, such that it said
48/ 2*(9+3)
then I could see an argument for it being 2, but as it stands, there is no reason you should ever find this equation to be equal to 2.
3CCD
Aug 12, 10:51 AM
I believe there's a an entirely new iMac in the works. The current design can't handle the heat Conroe will want to throw at it. And the Kentsfield 4-core processor will want even better cooling. Currently the iMac looks like it has a G5 inside. Apple doesn't like their Macs to look the same over too long a time.
Here's the Conroe processors I hope Apple will use in the all new iMac:
Core 2 Duo E6700 - 2.67 GHz (4 MiB L2, 1066 MHz FSB) 20 $1699 & 23" $1999
Core 2 Duo E6600 - 2.40 GHz (4 MiB L2, 1066 MHz FSB) 17" $1299
In January I hope they will offer a Kentsfield 4 core option in the 20 & 23" models - cause they are bigger and can cool Kentsfield much better than in the 17" enclosure - for an additional $500-$800 - pure guessing cause I don't know Kentsfield pricing yet.
Same is true for the MacBook Pro. It needs to go Black Anodized Aluminum with an easy HD swap out capability like the MacBook which is a radical redesign of the iBook. I think that the new iMac will follow on the heels of the MacBooks intro in September as well. Might even happen in Paris same day as MacBooks - September 12. :)
I feel so strongly about that MacBook Easy Switch HD feature, that I will not buy a MacBook Pro without it and may resort to the MacBook if they don't put that capability in the Pro model. That's a Pro feature in the MacBook. Makes the MacBook sort of a MacBook Pro Jr. Also note that the next MacBook will have a much better Integrated Graphics chipset that goes with Merom that can handle 3-D very well.
A newly redesigned iMac would be great. I agree 100% with you about the switchable HDs. I guess time will only tell. Hey how are those refurb Macs from the "save" page? Do all of Apple's warranties apply and does the unit come in a box as if a new one would come? Might not be a bad idea to save a few dollars and put the other amount towards a new display.
Here's the Conroe processors I hope Apple will use in the all new iMac:
Core 2 Duo E6700 - 2.67 GHz (4 MiB L2, 1066 MHz FSB) 20 $1699 & 23" $1999
Core 2 Duo E6600 - 2.40 GHz (4 MiB L2, 1066 MHz FSB) 17" $1299
In January I hope they will offer a Kentsfield 4 core option in the 20 & 23" models - cause they are bigger and can cool Kentsfield much better than in the 17" enclosure - for an additional $500-$800 - pure guessing cause I don't know Kentsfield pricing yet.
Same is true for the MacBook Pro. It needs to go Black Anodized Aluminum with an easy HD swap out capability like the MacBook which is a radical redesign of the iBook. I think that the new iMac will follow on the heels of the MacBooks intro in September as well. Might even happen in Paris same day as MacBooks - September 12. :)
I feel so strongly about that MacBook Easy Switch HD feature, that I will not buy a MacBook Pro without it and may resort to the MacBook if they don't put that capability in the Pro model. That's a Pro feature in the MacBook. Makes the MacBook sort of a MacBook Pro Jr. Also note that the next MacBook will have a much better Integrated Graphics chipset that goes with Merom that can handle 3-D very well.
A newly redesigned iMac would be great. I agree 100% with you about the switchable HDs. I guess time will only tell. Hey how are those refurb Macs from the "save" page? Do all of Apple's warranties apply and does the unit come in a box as if a new one would come? Might not be a bad idea to save a few dollars and put the other amount towards a new display.
bpaluzzi
Apr 25, 10:17 AM
You do realize everything you said is untrue, right?
That's par for the course for him. It'd be a page one story if he ever WASN'T spreading FUD.
I don't see any location consent popups on my iPhones here.
Are you serious? You're not looking very hard. Or at all.
That's par for the course for him. It'd be a page one story if he ever WASN'T spreading FUD.
I don't see any location consent popups on my iPhones here.
Are you serious? You're not looking very hard. Or at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment