Saturday, May 14, 2011

black and white photography roses

black and white photography roses. Black and white sketch with
  • Black and white sketch with



  • Multimedia
    Oct 28, 12:50 PM
    I am in the process of selling my Dual 2.0 GHz PPC. I was planning on replacing it with the Mac Pro 2.66 GHz. Should I consider holding off in the purchase of the new system. What potential impact would there be the system that I am considering buying?

    On a forward thinking basis, what potential(speculation) revisions are possible to this system in the next 6 - 12 months?Know your workload. Do you use applications that are multi-core aware? Do you want to run them simultaneously? Do you want to run several applications simultaneously - each doing work at the same time? Leopard is bound to be very multi-core friendly since 4 cores will be the norm when it ships.

    Since you have hung on to the Dual 2GHz model for far past its hayday, I'm thinking you don't need 8 cores. I had a Dual 2GHz G5 back in '04 and got the 2.5 soon as it went refurb early '05. By early '06 I was in a panic with not enough power to do my Multi-Threaded Workload. I was in a cold sweat when I ordered the Quad G5 in early February.

    I found its limit within a few months and have been enthusiastically awaiting these 8-core Dual Clovertown Mac Pros since before the 4-core Mac Pro shipped.

    Since that does not describe you, you may be happy with the 4 core Mac Pro. But if you can afford it and you do Video, 3D work, lots of heavy Photoshop processes and/or want to run a bunch of single core processes simultaneously in the course of a day and/or nights, you would be much better off in the long run with the upcoming 8-core. Figure with RAM it will run you around or above $4k. Does that work for you?

    Oh, and I'm not selling my Quad G5 either. :)





    black and white photography roses. Black and white fine art
  • Black and white fine art



  • toodeep
    Sep 20, 04:07 AM
    Paraphrasing @emotion: "it's an mpeg-2 world".

    Potential iTV customers will have expectations of being able to watch DVD-content and recorded digital TV programmes, and Apple would be wise to not dissapoint them I think. Similarly for the true video iPod. And if the iTV engine can render MPEG-2 on the fly (and why not: my pocket drive can do this and at the same time up-convert to 1080i) them maybe adding a USB tuner will be an option. (That said I'm very satified with my Mac-friendly Toppy PVR.)





    black and white photography roses. Black and White Roses
  • Black and White Roses



  • iJohnHenry
    Mar 13, 12:25 PM
    Pumping in sea water seems like a panic back up plan.

    And if the sea water doesn't reach the bottom of the reactor vessel, well, gravity will cause the bottom to drop out, IF there is sufficient heat to melt the stainless steel.





    black and white photography roses. Black amp; White Wet Rose
  • Black amp; White Wet Rose



  • Clive At Five
    Sep 21, 12:43 PM
    I think we'd all agree it'd be nice for Apple to have more of a worldwide presence. As for emerging technologies, global efforts require a lot more research and funding than if Apple were to just stay in the U.S. That's why Apple's technologies always start here.

    Think about it: Apple started iTunes nationally. It took a little time to get going but eventually it took off and Apple had the confidence that it would work world-wide... so they started expanding.

    But imagine instead that Apple unleashed iTunes worldwide from day one. The investment required for something like that would have been MUCH too high for the risk of the project.

    The same goes for TV content. TV content on the iTS is still relatively new and now that Apple has seen the success of it in the US, they will start expanding world-wide. In fact, Apple has seen the success of the iTS as a whole and knows that its reputation is favorable. This will allow them to expand their new content globally in a shorter amount of time (since it's less of a risk now).

    It's more than just reputation, though. Different places around the world have different licensing requirements, so it's not as simple as flicking a switch and allowing other countries to connect to the iTS. There's a lot of bureaucracy and negotiations involved.

    So if you, and everyone else will have a bit of patience, Apple will work their way out to you. Apple is a U.S. company. If you're not in the U.S., you can't expect Apple's merchandise and services immediately upon release. It just doesn't work that way.

    -Clive





    black and white photography roses. The Silence In Black And White
  • The Silence In Black And White



  • SandynJosh
    May 2, 03:44 PM
    All macs do have built-in anti-malware:
    http://www.macworld.com/article/142457/2009/08/snowleopard_malware.html
    Don't know how good it is, though.

    NOTHING built-in or installed later will protect a computer if the user is stupid.

    You, as a user, have to be wary of allowing yourself to do what the malware creator needs you to do to circumvent whatever protection your computer has. Oddly enough, there's a large enough number of village idiots with computers of any OS to make it worth writing malware.





    black and white photography roses. Yellow Roses Black And White
  • Yellow Roses Black And White



  • Mousse
    Apr 25, 06:14 PM
    Part of the problem is that God has always been a terrible communicator. ;)

    Nope. Unlike Captain Kirk. God is a firm believer in the Prime Directive (http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Prime_Directive).:D

    Anyhow, back on topic as why I'm religious? I don't see the need to reinvent the wheel. There's already someone who has perfected the moral system: Jesus. His moral system, IMO, is the best one. It's a hard system to follow, but if--big IF... no HUGE @$$ IF--everyone can follow that system of morals, the world would be a lot better place.





    black and white photography roses. Black and White Rose
  • Black and White Rose



  • arkitect
    Apr 15, 09:48 AM
    I'm not super excited by these campaigns that seem to be sprouting, left and right, that, more or less, encourage people to be gay/lesbian/whatever. At the end of the day that's basically the underlying message in all these videos: "Go ahead, by gay. It's perfectly fine."
    So you would rather the message be:
    "(Don't) Go ahead,(and) be gay. It's (not) perfectly fine."


    Personally, I think that is a decision that one has to make for him/herself after much soul-searching. It's a very private journey and I'm not so sure that the media should be offering this type of "GO FOR IT!" message. One should come to accept who he/she is and embrace the inevitable consequences of the lifestyle.
    Good god!
    It is not a prison sentence!
    "Embrace the inevitable consequences of the lifestyle" ? :confused::confused:
    Such as?

    What an astonishingly bleak world view you have.





    black and white photography roses. Rose on the old paper in lack
  • Rose on the old paper in lack



  • Eraserhead
    Mar 14, 03:53 AM
    Superb. Replace one fuel reliance on the Middle East with another. Genius idea.

    If you want to transport goods with electricity the main off the shelf technology to do that is trains, and to go to India, China and South East Asia from Europe you're going to need to do a deal with at least Iran, Pakistan and possibly Russia, and to go to South America (with a short plane/boat hop across the atlantic at the narrowest point) you're going to need to work with multiple countries in Africa.

    Additionally if the US wants to transport goods with electricity from Asia barring some new technology they are going to need to do a deal with the Russians.





    black and white photography roses. Original Medium: Photography
  • Original Medium: Photography



  • desdomg
    Mar 18, 06:24 PM
    There are two reason why this doesn't mean much. First, Apple may just cancel the accounts of anyone who tries to use PyMusique (that's covered by the EULA).

    But can a user be considered to be a party to that agreement if they have not used iTunes to access the store - does the purchasing process still involve an agreement approval stage using this software? Presumably not.





    black and white photography roses. Black and white photo of a
  • Black and white photo of a



  • thejoshu
    Mar 21, 01:32 AM
    They owe it to us? The only people Apple owes anything to is their shareholders.

    I am an Apple shareholder. I feel entitled to DRM-free products.





    black and white photography roses. with lack and white rose
  • with lack and white rose



  • NebulaClash
    Apr 28, 08:13 AM
    The iPod was not a fad by any sense of the word. Once you reach a decade of popularity, it's not a fad. It's like calling land line phones a fad because there was a time when they didn't exist, then they did exist and were popular, and now they are fading due to cell phones. Ridiculous.

    A fad is something that comes and goes quickly with a spike in popularity at its peak, and then people look back and wonder why they did it. That isn't the case with the iPod which still sells in the millions.

    Amazing to see how people will resort to anything to make Apple look less popular than they are.





    black and white photography roses. It#39;s a “true lack and white”
  • It#39;s a “true lack and white”



  • zioxide
    Mar 13, 09:03 AM
    I'd be willing to bet that our crusades for oil have costs thousands of more lives than nuclear power accidents ever have.





    black and white photography roses. lack and white photography
  • lack and white photography



  • Multimedia
    Oct 13, 05:36 PM
    Costco Deal (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11163877&search=viewsonic&Sp=S&Mo=3&cm_re=1-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&N=0&whse=&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=All&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=viewsonic&Ntt=viewsonic&No=2&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1) You are correct in the resolution, BUT with two of them at less than the cost of one 24"er from Dell it does make up for the real estate--+10 on dual monitor cool factor :D

    I sent in my Macbook on Monday to get the random shutdown issue repaired. Shipped back to me today--and for some unknown reason was delivered to the Apple Store here in Jax. While I had them on the phone I asked about the Mac Pros they had in stock and I was told they are "out of stock." Take it for what it is, BUT, I'm wondering if it could mean an EOL on the current line.

    EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it, ya think the 1050 height will allow for a 100% 8.5X11 page view?

    EDIT TWO: If your a member of the Dell Forums, you can receive a $350 coupon off the price of the 30"--very tempting.

    BHere's the link to the $350 Coupon: http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=creativecontest&message.id=143&l=en&s=dhsThank you very much for that tip and link. You saved me all but $11 in sales tax. So it was like getting the $1444 deal without tax. $1349 plus tax. I pulled the trigger this morning and hope to receive it next week.I went ahead and ordered the 24" LCD from Dell. Pretty cool that they use PayPal--I try to pay with everything with cash. Anyway, I have that coupon code for the 30", if anyone wants it just PM me.Looking forward to maximum desktop in one screen. Long story is I ordered the 24" about 6 weeks ago then realized I wanted the 30" when it went on sale for like $1600 + tax so canceled the next day. But Dell screwed up my credit for 6 weeks so I couldn't even order the 30 until today and you came up with the coupon just in the nick of time to save me even more than I expected to save - like another $250. Total bill came to only $1468.32. Amazing luck for me.





    black and white photography roses. Black and White Photography
  • Black and White Photography



  • leekohler
    Mar 25, 11:56 AM
    I hardly think he is being attacked. He entered this thread willingly and joined the discussion. Of course, we are all entitled to our own opinions. Unfortunately, his opinions and those of the people like him are directly resulting in my civil rights being violated. We are cretins because we want things changed?

    Damn right. What are we supposed to say- "Oh, you don't like us and want to deny us rights? Ok, that's just your opinion! Cool!" **** that. Sorry, not gonna happen.





    black and white photography roses. By Robert Good Photography
  • By Robert Good Photography



  • Blue Velvet
    Mar 26, 02:37 PM
    Ciaociao

    If only.





    black and white photography roses. in a Rose Black and White
  • in a Rose Black and White



  • miketcool
    Sep 12, 03:39 PM
    This was released to make the other movie companies fold and agree to sign and give Apple their content. Why else would they allow everyone this info this early in the game? It is to make the movie industry drool and sell their stuff through iTunes.





    black and white photography roses. lack and white photos of love
  • lack and white photos of love



  • dgreen1069
    Jul 9, 04:18 PM
    I tried the Droid Incredible for two weeks and found the battery life to be a bit short. I am used to charging my iPhone 3G every night (and occasionally during the evenings), but the Incredible seemed to fly through it's battery. With that said, it was hands down a better cell phone than the iPhone. I don't think I dropped a single call during the two weeks I had it. It operates very similar to the iPhone, but the software isn't as polished. Many tasks would take an extra step or two. The Incredible is very fast....I don't know if it was the phone, Verizon, or both, but 3G internet browsing was much faster than my iPhone. I would venture to say it is even faster than my new iPhone 4. The two things that bugged me the most were the music player (not nearly as nice as the iPod player) and the screen in daylight. The screen really washes out in bright sunlight.

    I ended up returning the Incredible because I thought I'd be pissed if the new iPhone was a hit. While I'm glad I held out and got the iPhone 4, I really wish it could have been on Verizon. It really is a shame that we are all tied to AT&T. I can't tell you how many times I have been places where I have no signal when those around me with Verizon had plenty. I find my new iPhone better at making and holding calls than my 3G, but it still doesn't hold a candle to the service I saw with the Incredible. If Verizon ever gets the iPhone, I will probably pony up the cancellation fee and switch carriers.





    black and white photography roses. August, lack and white,
  • August, lack and white,



  • mroddjob
    Apr 13, 05:24 AM
    I'm confused as to why everyone is saying this is a step down from FCP7, from what I saw of the feeds apple were just showcasing some of the new features. I may be wrong but i didn't see anywhere where they said they were taking functionality out. They didn't mention color or the rest of FCS but they didn't say they were getting rid of everything. So how can people say this has dropped down to a prosumer level?

    If all they did was re-write with 64 bit support then it would be a step up, but they also added some new useful features, (may not be game changing but i'm sure everyone will find something that will be helpful rather than a hindrance). In which case, in my book this still makes it pro software.

    It was a first look at beta software, they haven't said they've removed anything so everything people are saying is just speculation for the sake of complaining.





    black and white photography roses. photo beautiful white rose
  • photo beautiful white rose



  • bryanc
    Aug 29, 01:55 PM
    ...
    The other 90%+ of the greenhouse effect (the REAL reason the Earth's climate is warming) is caused by....drum roll....naturally occuring water vapor!
    ...
    Let's also not forget that 30 years ago (when manmade pollution was FAR worse than it is today) these same people were warning us of a coming Ice Age.

    I didn't know we had a climate scientist in this forum, let alone one of the tiny percentage of scientists who dispute that human activity is a large factor in current climate change? Please enlighten us... that is, unless you're just some guy with an uneducated opinion. By all means, tell us why you know so much more about this well-studied topic than the hundreds of thousands of climate researchers around the world who've reached an almost unprecedented consensus regarding the roll of human activity, and CO2 production, in climate change.

    But, to get back on topic, I do think Apple should release well-documented information regarding what they are doing to reduce their environmental impact, and how they're going to change in the face of these criticisms.

    Apple is supposed to be 'Different', and these challenges regarding the treatment of their labour force, and their environmental policies, should be viewed as opportunities to be a good example (and thereby earn more customer loyalty), rather than something to be spun and handled with PR.

    Cheers





    Machead III
    Sep 20, 06:05 AM
    <Everyone Else>ITV is the name of the UK's biggest terrestrial commercial TV network</Everyone Else>

    It's also far and away the worst. It's the televisual equivalent of drilling a hole in your skull and pouring pure ethanol into your brain.





    luci216
    Apr 28, 08:34 AM
    The top 3 also have much cheaper models than Apple.. which can contribute to their higher sale spots. Not many people are willing to sell out $1k for a computer, especially internationally. In Brazil, a MBP costs about $3k. DOLLARS. Not many people can afford that..





    Multimedia
    Oct 26, 10:35 AM
    Hey guys we should hold out for 128 cores. Apple will make it soon. I guess16 cores in 2007
    32 cores in 2008
    64 cores in 2009
    128 cores in 2010

    You want to wait 'til 2010 at the soonest? :rolleyes:





    Rodimus Prime
    Oct 7, 10:21 PM
    No way. Apple will continue to release new hardware and updates as the iPhone continues through it's lifecycle. It is a recognized brand and like it or not, the control Apple exerts over the user experience maintains it's value.

    Android is not recognizable to the general consumer, will be on some hardware manufacturer's phone, won't be consistent in its implementation, and will end up being just another phone OS.

    Android my not be recognizable to the average consumer but GOOGLE sure as hell is.
    You average consumer has figured out that Android is made by Google. People trust Google and know they put out some great stuff. People know about google maps, google earth, google street view and Gmail shall I go on..

    All great things. People know the Android phones are made by google. The customization is a huge selling point as you can add a lot of apps. Set up the interface to exactly how you like it. Something you can not nor ever will be able to be done on the iPhone. That limitation is really a bad point about the phone.





    makinao
    Mar 11, 02:28 AM
    As of 0730 GMT, Philippines is now under alert level 2. Its now 0830 GMT. Bracing for tsunami in the next hour.

    http://ndcc.gov.ph/attachments/article/165/NDRRMC%20Advisory%20Tsunami%20Bulletin%20No.%202,%2011March2011,%203PM.pdf



    No comments:

    Post a Comment