crackbookpro
Apr 25, 03:51 PM
Ladies Ladies... they are storing information that should be private(yes, indeed), but let's not blow this out of proportion.
THEY ARE NOT FOLLOWING YOU!!!
The OS or iOS collects & stores this information like many platforms for specific reasons... Android, does indeed do the very same type of stored information of the 3 cell-tower's estimation of location.
The really REALLY bad news is that this information is stored in your iPhone as well as the actual device(Mac or PC) you sync your iPhone/iPad with. The information get's logged correctly... but what is not correct is how it is securely(insecurely) being stored - we are talking about Privacy.
THE iPHONE IS JUST NOT AS SECURE AS IT SHOULD BE!!!
The file should be stored(for technical specific reasons), but not with this lack of diligence on user privacy...
APPLE, you need a way to log this info in a much more secure atmosphere if the iOS does truly need this information for specific OS reasons.
THEY ARE NOT FOLLOWING YOU!!!
The OS or iOS collects & stores this information like many platforms for specific reasons... Android, does indeed do the very same type of stored information of the 3 cell-tower's estimation of location.
The really REALLY bad news is that this information is stored in your iPhone as well as the actual device(Mac or PC) you sync your iPhone/iPad with. The information get's logged correctly... but what is not correct is how it is securely(insecurely) being stored - we are talking about Privacy.
THE iPHONE IS JUST NOT AS SECURE AS IT SHOULD BE!!!
The file should be stored(for technical specific reasons), but not with this lack of diligence on user privacy...
APPLE, you need a way to log this info in a much more secure atmosphere if the iOS does truly need this information for specific OS reasons.
MyDesktopBroke
Mar 18, 07:16 AM
How many times did Barack Obama attempt to draw a difference between himself and Hillary by saying "I was against the war from the beginning."? Lots.
How many times did he attempt to portray himself as the polar opposite of George Bush, especially his foreign policy? Lots.
How many times did he say that he was going to repair the view of America in the eyes of the Muslim world? Lots.
How many times did he say he would talk to leaders of 'terrorist nations' without preconditions? Lots.
The point is... he talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk. On foreign policy, he's more of the same. On everything else, especially domestic spending, he's much much worse.
He did say all those things - but none of those make him a military dove, since in his debates with McCain he did extensively paint Afghanistan as the "right war," or the place were America "should have been." How many times did he promise to "find and kill" Bin Laden? Even before the debates he was openly pushing Afghan and Pakistan escalation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0WOFrEgRu4
According to the Tea Party, he's doing everything he can to appease Muslims, too. While they obviously are using that as an attack, his speeches in the middle east and Egypt after his election showed a marked difference in communication and downplayed American exceptionalism. Plus, so far he hasn't had a request from a terrorist leader to talk, if I'm not mistaken, so that's not really a fair comparison.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_889oBKkNU
(I can't good youtube links for his Turkey speech - the one with the "not a Christian nation remark)
Obviously he's failed on a lot of campaign promises - especially on the front of reversing Bush domestic policies like the PATRIOT act - but I'd argue that people who saw Obama as the anti-war candidate were the ones who didn't pay attention. The last part about spending doesn't really connect to this issue.
How many times did he attempt to portray himself as the polar opposite of George Bush, especially his foreign policy? Lots.
How many times did he say that he was going to repair the view of America in the eyes of the Muslim world? Lots.
How many times did he say he would talk to leaders of 'terrorist nations' without preconditions? Lots.
The point is... he talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk. On foreign policy, he's more of the same. On everything else, especially domestic spending, he's much much worse.
He did say all those things - but none of those make him a military dove, since in his debates with McCain he did extensively paint Afghanistan as the "right war," or the place were America "should have been." How many times did he promise to "find and kill" Bin Laden? Even before the debates he was openly pushing Afghan and Pakistan escalation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0WOFrEgRu4
According to the Tea Party, he's doing everything he can to appease Muslims, too. While they obviously are using that as an attack, his speeches in the middle east and Egypt after his election showed a marked difference in communication and downplayed American exceptionalism. Plus, so far he hasn't had a request from a terrorist leader to talk, if I'm not mistaken, so that's not really a fair comparison.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_889oBKkNU
(I can't good youtube links for his Turkey speech - the one with the "not a Christian nation remark)
Obviously he's failed on a lot of campaign promises - especially on the front of reversing Bush domestic policies like the PATRIOT act - but I'd argue that people who saw Obama as the anti-war candidate were the ones who didn't pay attention. The last part about spending doesn't really connect to this issue.
samcraig
Apr 27, 08:43 AM
The iPhone is voluntary. You enabled location services.
Did you read ANY of the news articles.
With location services turned off, this data was still be collected. And Apple says this was a "bug"
So you're wrong.
Did you read ANY of the news articles.
With location services turned off, this data was still be collected. And Apple says this was a "bug"
So you're wrong.
Butters
Aug 6, 01:14 PM
i don't care about see-through windows. I want something that works.
see-through windows are SOOOO jaguar
see-through windows are SOOOO jaguar
MacSync
Aug 25, 03:14 PM
Ahh did any one see this?
http://www.macnn.com/articles/06/08/23/apple.tops.pc.mag.survey/
Hmm. I've had a G5 DP worked on lately and had great support.
*Edit Nevermind, they are linking the PC mag story too.
http://www.macnn.com/articles/06/08/23/apple.tops.pc.mag.survey/
Hmm. I've had a G5 DP worked on lately and had great support.
*Edit Nevermind, they are linking the PC mag story too.
Tehy
Sep 19, 09:26 AM
I hope that the MacBook with Core 2 Duo is better than the Core Duo version :)

daneoni
Aug 25, 07:15 PM
well im certainly annoyed with Apple's support right now. 3 times my Macbook has been in and now they tell me they cant FIX the problem (the only way I can get my macbook to boot up is to zap the PRAM every time). If I had known it was gonna be this much trouble I would have stuck with my pb or bought a Vaio... :mad:
You should demand a replacement or refund
You should demand a replacement or refund
a.gomez
Apr 6, 02:37 PM
It'll be 100,001 when it comes out in the UK when mine gets delivered..... Roll on Saturday!:D
100,002
my cousin got his from Costco last night - he was waiting for the Wi-Fi only one
100,002
my cousin got his from Costco last night - he was waiting for the Wi-Fi only one
PetMac
Aug 27, 03:38 PM
Long live PBG5NT. It reminds us how great it is to have frequent updates and powerful portables again.
mdntcallr
Sep 13, 10:30 AM
this is pretty neat news.
means people like me can buy a mac pro tower with the 2.0 ghz core. good video card.
then upgrade later on when i have more money. that and it will be powerful as hell.
super nice!
means people like me can buy a mac pro tower with the 2.0 ghz core. good video card.
then upgrade later on when i have more money. that and it will be powerful as hell.
super nice!
lieb39
Aug 7, 06:49 PM
...
If time machine lets you preview the contents of documents before you restore them, instead of going restore... is it that one? nope, try this one? nope... ah here we go found it. then hot damm thats a slick new feature
Well it looked like just a normal finder window in the Quicktime on the Apple site, so I'm sure you could open it, explore it, all that, before restoring..
Cheers!
If time machine lets you preview the contents of documents before you restore them, instead of going restore... is it that one? nope, try this one? nope... ah here we go found it. then hot damm thats a slick new feature
Well it looked like just a normal finder window in the Quicktime on the Apple site, so I'm sure you could open it, explore it, all that, before restoring..
Cheers!
iKenny
Aug 7, 11:37 PM
Well I for one was kind of disappointed. Leopard is sort of Apple's chance to prove they can out-Vista Vista, and I'm not really sure what we saw today does it. I've been following Vista somewhat closely, and it really does catch Windows up to OS X in terms of features and prettiness.
I really think most of the features shown off today are already present in Windows (I've definitely heard about all of them before) or will be in Vista, and it's too bad Apple didn't have anything truly innovative to show us. Hopefully those secret features are something good...
The other thing that has me a little concerned is the huge amount of Vista-bashing that went on. I feel like if Leopard at this point were truly better than Vista, they'd be silent about Vista entirely and let the new system speak for itself. That would be really slick. That's not what happened however, and instead there was a lot of "look what Vista copied from us" and "check out how much better Leopard is." What I saw today, though, makes the former statement sound whiney and the latter sound foolish, since in my eyes, in terms of features, they're about on-par with each other.
I really hope Apple pulls it together. They've got to do this right, because come next year, most of the myriad reasons for switching to a Mac will be nullified by Vista.
BTW: whoever this "Platform Experience" guy is, get him off the stage and go back to Steve.
I really think most of the features shown off today are already present in Windows (I've definitely heard about all of them before) or will be in Vista, and it's too bad Apple didn't have anything truly innovative to show us. Hopefully those secret features are something good...
The other thing that has me a little concerned is the huge amount of Vista-bashing that went on. I feel like if Leopard at this point were truly better than Vista, they'd be silent about Vista entirely and let the new system speak for itself. That would be really slick. That's not what happened however, and instead there was a lot of "look what Vista copied from us" and "check out how much better Leopard is." What I saw today, though, makes the former statement sound whiney and the latter sound foolish, since in my eyes, in terms of features, they're about on-par with each other.
I really hope Apple pulls it together. They've got to do this right, because come next year, most of the myriad reasons for switching to a Mac will be nullified by Vista.
BTW: whoever this "Platform Experience" guy is, get him off the stage and go back to Steve.
milo
Jul 27, 11:42 AM
honestly, right now i do not believe the power differential to be worth it. it would be better to wait for chips with a larger speed differential.
Based on current pricing, the only upgrade that is really appealing right now is Core Solo mini to merom.
Based on current pricing, the only upgrade that is really appealing right now is Core Solo mini to merom.
Tymmz
Aug 8, 01:09 AM
Nothing impressive really... top secrets should be good.
Time Machine is ok. It looks awful for an Apple product, what is up with that background? Ugly.
I totally agree, it looked quite ugly.
Time Machine is ok. It looks awful for an Apple product, what is up with that background? Ugly.
I totally agree, it looked quite ugly.

Ahheck01
Apr 12, 05:00 PM
BTW, apparently this site is doing live blogging:
http://www.finalcutmtl.org/2011/04/10/supermeet-live-sur-final-cut-mtl
That's about all I could find.
And for you english-only forum members, here's the translated version:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.finalcutmtl.org/2011/04/10/supermeet-live-sur-final-cut-mtl&ei=rsmkTfiKLsL-rAHd44WGCw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.finalcutmtl.org/2011/04/10/supermeet-live-sur-final-cut-mtl%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26prmd%3Divns
http://www.finalcutmtl.org/2011/04/10/supermeet-live-sur-final-cut-mtl
That's about all I could find.
And for you english-only forum members, here's the translated version:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.finalcutmtl.org/2011/04/10/supermeet-live-sur-final-cut-mtl&ei=rsmkTfiKLsL-rAHd44WGCw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.finalcutmtl.org/2011/04/10/supermeet-live-sur-final-cut-mtl%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26prmd%3Divns
zacman
Apr 19, 03:02 PM
iPhone: 4% of market, 50% of profit
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/10/30/iphone-4-of-market-50-of-profit/
So whats the point of market share if you're not making any money?
Well you can see that with the Mac. About 3% worldwide marketshare but Apple makes tons of money with it.
And eveybody crys tears here when some 5 year old Windows games finally get ported to MacOS. You want that to happen with the iPhone and iOS compared to Android? Fine. But I'm sure 99% of iPhone buyers don't want that scenario.
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/10/30/iphone-4-of-market-50-of-profit/
So whats the point of market share if you're not making any money?
Well you can see that with the Mac. About 3% worldwide marketshare but Apple makes tons of money with it.
And eveybody crys tears here when some 5 year old Windows games finally get ported to MacOS. You want that to happen with the iPhone and iOS compared to Android? Fine. But I'm sure 99% of iPhone buyers don't want that scenario.

room271
Mar 22, 01:17 PM
I don't get all the negative ratings/comments.
1. Competition is good (I know this is hardly an original point)
2. The tablets look interesting.
In particular, the stylus input and software for the Blackberry device allowing simple notetaking etc.
Personally, I dislike Apple's walled-garden (even though I appreciate this doesn't bother many people) so this is good news.
1. Competition is good (I know this is hardly an original point)
2. The tablets look interesting.
In particular, the stylus input and software for the Blackberry device allowing simple notetaking etc.
Personally, I dislike Apple's walled-garden (even though I appreciate this doesn't bother many people) so this is good news.

zero2dash
Sep 14, 08:33 AM
Yes. Windows NT was running on machines with eight processors several years before OS X was even released.
Windows supported 64 bit platforms and dual core CPUs long before OS X did.
On the server side.
Nevertheless, ok. Windows did it first.
That's probably because you're not interested in reading anything that might portray Microsoft in a non-negative light.
Couldn't be farther from the truth. I have no problem with Microsoft or Windows, evident by the fact that I've ran their operating systems for the last 10 years. I have a problem with all the crap they're putting in Vista, but otherwise - Win2k and XP Pro have left me primarily trouble-free.
Windows supported 64 bit platforms and dual core CPUs long before OS X did.
On the server side.
Nevertheless, ok. Windows did it first.
That's probably because you're not interested in reading anything that might portray Microsoft in a non-negative light.
Couldn't be farther from the truth. I have no problem with Microsoft or Windows, evident by the fact that I've ran their operating systems for the last 10 years. I have a problem with all the crap they're putting in Vista, but otherwise - Win2k and XP Pro have left me primarily trouble-free.
princealfie
Nov 29, 08:57 AM
2 - How are they compensated equitably? Do you compensate Jay-Z and a classical artist the same? Which ever you prefer, Jay-Z sells more.
3
Well, we should base it on quality then. Since Jay-Z sucks compared to Isaac Stern or Yo-Yo Ma, shouldn't Ma be a millionaire?
Hmm... we need an official rating system to compensate artists that way. So that Paris Hell-ton never signs another record deal.
3
Well, we should base it on quality then. Since Jay-Z sucks compared to Isaac Stern or Yo-Yo Ma, shouldn't Ma be a millionaire?
Hmm... we need an official rating system to compensate artists that way. So that Paris Hell-ton never signs another record deal.
CrackedButter
Aug 26, 04:41 AM
If you haven't been reading the comments, it would appear MOST people are complaining about the more recent models. I would agree with most that the Powermac G5's have had serious issues and now recent macbook's... Apple needs to do one of the following ... Higher Quality Assurance testing OR better support cause right now they're missing both.
Maybe so about the recent models but...
G3 iBooks suffered greatly from logic board problems, I didn't have any, AluBooks when they came out had loads of troubles with their screens and the palm rests and eMac's had their fair share of issues as well. I didn't suffer either on either of those issues.
My point is: It doesn't matter if it is intel or PPC designs. Hardware is going to fail and its potluck on how when and why.
Maybe so about the recent models but...
G3 iBooks suffered greatly from logic board problems, I didn't have any, AluBooks when they came out had loads of troubles with their screens and the palm rests and eMac's had their fair share of issues as well. I didn't suffer either on either of those issues.
My point is: It doesn't matter if it is intel or PPC designs. Hardware is going to fail and its potluck on how when and why.
Feynman
Apr 5, 06:27 PM
I'm willing to bet there will be a price drop and only available on the Mac App Store.
Didn't Aperture go from 499 to 299 to 99 now currently at 79?
I see Final Cut Studio 4 dropping to 499, hoping for 299 but that's getting my hopes up high! lol
I'm also hoping a new iMac is released next week as well, to put Final Cut Studio 4 on of course!
Didn't Aperture go from 499 to 299 to 99 now currently at 79?
I see Final Cut Studio 4 dropping to 499, hoping for 299 but that's getting my hopes up high! lol
I'm also hoping a new iMac is released next week as well, to put Final Cut Studio 4 on of course!
DJMastaWes
Aug 26, 08:29 PM
Updated Wesbite Is Usually by 9 Eastern. Occasionally later. But usually then. :)
Eastern? That's 6:00AM Pacific? You think?
9:00AM Pacific sounds good.
Eastern? That's 6:00AM Pacific? You think?
9:00AM Pacific sounds good.
barkomatic
Mar 31, 03:38 PM
Keep in mind that Google tightening up Android and forcing handset makers to adhere to certain guidelines is primarily a problem for the *handset makers* and carriers--but not consumers.
I couldn't care less what problems Verizon and Motorola have if the end result is a beautiful and functional device. If not, I'll buy something else.
I couldn't care less what problems Verizon and Motorola have if the end result is a beautiful and functional device. If not, I'll buy something else.
netdog
Aug 5, 04:55 PM
...in the mean time, it's best to be conservative and hope we might be surprised.
Sure, I have no problem with someone else taking that stance.
Sure, I have no problem with someone else taking that stance.
No comments:
Post a Comment