jonharris200
Jul 21, 02:28 PM
At this rate, I'll never buy another Mac for fear it'll be out of date tomorrow! :eek:

arn
May 6, 12:21 AM
At this point, pure rumor, not even vaporware, as vaporware implies the company has actually announced something.
ARM does have chips that can compete at the very lowest end of x86, such as with the chips presently running Netbooks. But it doesn't have anything even remotely competitive with the mainstream chips. (To use names: They compete with Atom, not with Core.)
to be fair, the rumor puts this out 2 years, and ARM does have higher-end chips planned.
arn
ARM does have chips that can compete at the very lowest end of x86, such as with the chips presently running Netbooks. But it doesn't have anything even remotely competitive with the mainstream chips. (To use names: They compete with Atom, not with Core.)
to be fair, the rumor puts this out 2 years, and ARM does have higher-end chips planned.
arn
iGary
Sep 11, 06:50 AM
To recap:
No MBP, no MB....
iPod video device, maybe movie service and maybe streaming device.
That's it. :)
No MBP, no MB....
iPod video device, maybe movie service and maybe streaming device.
That's it. :)
toddybody
Apr 24, 09:10 AM
Ps: Happy Easter everyone:)
Stridder44
Jul 21, 02:40 PM
This may be a dumb question, but why would apple just use the new chips in mbp's and not the mb? Dosn't seem to make sense. As soon as core 2 merom comes out every pc notebook will have it. Price wouldn't be an issue cause merom is same price as yonah, correct?
I 2nd this.
Why not update them too? I understand that the MBP is PRO but still. What would the MB's be getting then as far as an update at some point?
I 2nd this.
Why not update them too? I understand that the MBP is PRO but still. What would the MB's be getting then as far as an update at some point?
bwillwall
Mar 30, 06:47 PM
Dear Apple
PLEASE can we have a UI update, even if it's a minor one (for instance, iTunes 10 scrollbars rather than the blue aqua ones). Just some extra polish really.
Signed
iFanboy
The iTunes scroll bars? They are much worse, what they need is either iOS scroll bars or a complete new design for them
PLEASE can we have a UI update, even if it's a minor one (for instance, iTunes 10 scrollbars rather than the blue aqua ones). Just some extra polish really.
Signed
iFanboy
The iTunes scroll bars? They are much worse, what they need is either iOS scroll bars or a complete new design for them
alvindarkness
Apr 10, 01:21 PM
Who said that this an equation? What is the variable that is unknown?
2 is still winning!
You don't need a variable for it to be an equation.
Definition of Equation - An equation is a mathematical statement that asserts the equality of two expressions. Equations consist of the expressions that have to be equal on opposite sides of an equal sign.
Definition of Expression - In mathematics, an expression is a finite combination of symbols that are well-formed according to the rules applicable in the context at hand. Symbols can designate values (constants), variables, operations, relations, or can constitute punctuation or other syntactic entities.
2 is still winning!
You don't need a variable for it to be an equation.
Definition of Equation - An equation is a mathematical statement that asserts the equality of two expressions. Equations consist of the expressions that have to be equal on opposite sides of an equal sign.
Definition of Expression - In mathematics, an expression is a finite combination of symbols that are well-formed according to the rules applicable in the context at hand. Symbols can designate values (constants), variables, operations, relations, or can constitute punctuation or other syntactic entities.

Neo Utopia
Apr 24, 07:08 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
Can't wait, a MBA with double the res, drawl.
Can't wait, a MBA with double the res, drawl.

Chris Bangle
Aug 5, 10:55 AM
i predict something cube shaped
Thanatoast
Nov 26, 01:14 PM
If this device is gonna be anything larger than what can fit in your pocket, it's gonna be a limited-function home remote. It may have video and music capabilities in combo with iTV, but it's not gonna be small, and it's not gonna be designed to leave the house.
Any truly portable device is gonna have to be phone-sized. Hopefully, we'll see both products, the iPhone *and* the iTablet, for different but complementary reasons.
Any truly portable device is gonna have to be phone-sized. Hopefully, we'll see both products, the iPhone *and* the iTablet, for different but complementary reasons.
IntelliUser
Apr 18, 08:27 AM
Interesting poll by Gallup:
The rich are more likely to think their taxes are too high:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/uhn-esomlua_f3iohbzjra.gif
And at the same time that the poor's are too low:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/ith4dzc2aemitgufdhpreg.gif
Most Americans think the rich and Corporations pay too little:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/_ui1mex8aeyebbczxeehja.gif
http://www.gallup.com/poll/147152/Americans-Split-Whether-Taxes-High.aspx
The rich are more likely to think their taxes are too high:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/uhn-esomlua_f3iohbzjra.gif
And at the same time that the poor's are too low:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/ith4dzc2aemitgufdhpreg.gif
Most Americans think the rich and Corporations pay too little:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/_ui1mex8aeyebbczxeehja.gif
http://www.gallup.com/poll/147152/Americans-Split-Whether-Taxes-High.aspx
kainjow
Nov 2, 12:27 PM
It will be interesting to see if this makes it to the OS X App Store.
It installs various components into your system, so no, not until Apple modifies their guidelines.
Seeing how many things it does install and the size of the download, I wouldn't install this on any computer. Looks like FUDware to me.
It installs various components into your system, so no, not until Apple modifies their guidelines.
Seeing how many things it does install and the size of the download, I wouldn't install this on any computer. Looks like FUDware to me.
rtcruz1
Apr 26, 04:22 PM
The way the Android OS is structured, and with the number of manufacturers making Android based smartphones, it would only be a matter time before the total number outgrew what one manufacturer of one phone could make.
Snik
Jan 8, 09:56 PM
I have just installed Sophos Anti Virus - what a mistake!
I decided to install it because I have been a long term user of Sophos at work on the corporate PC and having installed the latest OSX I saw virus checkers in the App Store and a recommendation for Sophos there in a reference for another product.
I ran a scan and a couple of PC specific malware files were found and destroyed.
Then I noticed that my Time Machine back up was struggling.
It turns out that there are issues with Sophos and Time Machine.
I moved my Time Machine back ups to a DroboFS in December I have now lost all my back ups since then.
Once I have backed up again I will be deinstalling it - bet I find that I loose the new back up then!
:mad:
I decided to install it because I have been a long term user of Sophos at work on the corporate PC and having installed the latest OSX I saw virus checkers in the App Store and a recommendation for Sophos there in a reference for another product.
I ran a scan and a couple of PC specific malware files were found and destroyed.
Then I noticed that my Time Machine back up was struggling.
It turns out that there are issues with Sophos and Time Machine.
I moved my Time Machine back ups to a DroboFS in December I have now lost all my back ups since then.
Once I have backed up again I will be deinstalling it - bet I find that I loose the new back up then!
:mad:
silentnite
Dec 8, 11:50 AM
I try to avoid using any Anti-Virus software not sure how long that's going to last but the verdicts still out on Sophos because my sister uses it and her Mac froze up twice after using it & she suddenly started getting the spinning beach ball a lot.
Geckotek
Apr 20, 09:50 AM
Please! Make the damn phone bigger! Oh no, it may weigh a few more grams. Currently, the iphone4 is a tiny phone. For us adults, please increase the screen size, and probably, the width.
If they do then the iPhone 4 will be my last iPhone. The iPhone 4 is big enough. Any larger and it won't fit as nicely in pockets.
If they do then the iPhone 4 will be my last iPhone. The iPhone 4 is big enough. Any larger and it won't fit as nicely in pockets.

hexor
Apr 26, 03:17 PM
It's not *that" deceptive... they did include "US smartphone usage" in the headline.
I'll bet you money they include Android tablets in the same chart if an Android tablet ever actually sells significant numbers. And it IS deceptive because they did not point out that the chart is completely different if you included all Apple iOS devices, whereas if you included all other Android devices besides phones the chart wouldn't change.
I'll bet you money they include Android tablets in the same chart if an Android tablet ever actually sells significant numbers. And it IS deceptive because they did not point out that the chart is completely different if you included all Apple iOS devices, whereas if you included all other Android devices besides phones the chart wouldn't change.
.jpg)
genetechnics
Jul 30, 08:04 AM
Very good questions.
ps. Apple might choose to make a phone with no music capability... just to delineate the product. That gives people something to understand... and then they can release the combo products.
It's Apple Computer.
ps. Apple might choose to make a phone with no music capability... just to delineate the product. That gives people something to understand... and then they can release the combo products.
It's Apple Computer.
praetorian909
Apr 21, 03:35 PM
Very interesting. This is very plausible because of Lenovo has the C20 workstation (which I picked out for myself at my work):
http://news.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/10381/637217.html
The ThinkStation is 3U rackmountable, with the CD tray vertical for the thinner chassis. Fits full-length, full-height PCIe (video) cards. They called it the "world's smallest dual CPU workstation" so Apple could definitely match it for the Mac Pro.
I'd really like to get a Mac Pro, so this would be perfect. :) The size is nice though honestly I don't really see much need for rackmounting--do companies use these in a server room with a KVM or thin client or something?http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/content/img_lib/products/splitter/workstations/features/c20_worlds-smallest.jpg
http://news.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/10381/637217.html
The ThinkStation is 3U rackmountable, with the CD tray vertical for the thinner chassis. Fits full-length, full-height PCIe (video) cards. They called it the "world's smallest dual CPU workstation" so Apple could definitely match it for the Mac Pro.
I'd really like to get a Mac Pro, so this would be perfect. :) The size is nice though honestly I don't really see much need for rackmounting--do companies use these in a server room with a KVM or thin client or something?http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/content/img_lib/products/splitter/workstations/features/c20_worlds-smallest.jpg
Chundles
Sep 11, 04:26 AM
Does anybody know where this will be streamed to in London? Will it be in some sort of conference centre just for journalists, or will it be a public stream, maybe to the stores and/or the web?
Cheers
If it's anything like the last one that got a stream to Europe it will be just a small room at the BBC somewhere just for invited journalists.
Apple haven't done public/store streams of any events for a long time now. You'll be able to watch it online a little while after the event.
Cheers
If it's anything like the last one that got a stream to Europe it will be just a small room at the BBC somewhere just for invited journalists.
Apple haven't done public/store streams of any events for a long time now. You'll be able to watch it online a little while after the event.
markcres
Apr 25, 11:13 AM
Jobs is spinning his BS again as usual. Even when there is overwheming evidence to the contrary...he still insults the intelligence of his customers who he clearly regards as beneath him.
Apple is:
http://www.ukscience.org/BB.jpg
Apple is:
http://www.ukscience.org/BB.jpg
hobo.hopkins
Apr 26, 02:20 PM
This argument is getting old now. As usual, iFans are in denial.
While his specific point might be an old one, it does hold some validity. New Android phones can be had at prices and with deals that undercut the relative expensive nature of the iPhone. That's not to talk down Android whatsoever, only to say that Apple is perhaps not taking full advantage of that smartphone segment (save for the old 3Gs at relatively low prices). Android is and has been successful in large part because it is more prevalent at all price points, and is available on more carriers.
While his specific point might be an old one, it does hold some validity. New Android phones can be had at prices and with deals that undercut the relative expensive nature of the iPhone. That's not to talk down Android whatsoever, only to say that Apple is perhaps not taking full advantage of that smartphone segment (save for the old 3Gs at relatively low prices). Android is and has been successful in large part because it is more prevalent at all price points, and is available on more carriers.
Lone Deranger
Aug 2, 12:10 PM
Why is everybody so hung up on the Cinema Displays getting iSight or a new design?? :confused:
A much more important update would be for Apple to add HDMI support. Without this, you can forget about watching the latest Blue-Ray HD features on your display in full res. Ofcourse this means HDMI compliant Video cards too...
A much more important update would be for Apple to add HDMI support. Without this, you can forget about watching the latest Blue-Ray HD features on your display in full res. Ofcourse this means HDMI compliant Video cards too...
Hastings101
Apr 8, 02:36 AM
no, but I sometimes think that Andy Rubin believes he's the next Jobs ... at least he dresses similar to Jobs:
He kind of looks like him, lose a little more hair, the glasses, change his face a little...
He kind of looks like him, lose a little more hair, the glasses, change his face a little...
No comments:
Post a Comment