Friday, April 29, 2011

Work for country's progress - President


I take this opportunity to extend my heartfelt wishes to the working community when the May Day is celebrated worldwide, President Mahinda Rajapaksa states in his May Day message.

"I remind you with pride of Sri Lanka's higher recognition among the South Asian countries as a country which enforced the conventions of the International Labour Organization very successfully. First and foremost I extend my gratitude for the Sri Lankan labour community for contributing fruitfully to increase the country's economic development growth rate to eight percent. "With the defeat of terrorism we have expedited our program to win the rights of the working class. The introduction of a Pension scheme for the Private sector as a government which could recognize the interests of the people is a massive victory of the general public. It ensures a better future for the contributors of the Employees' Trust Fund. It is a great pleasure for us as we dedicated ourselves to win the rights of the working crowd throughout the history.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment