Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Today, as you all must know by now, Prince William Arthur Philip Louis married Catherine Elizabeth Middleton making her not only a Princess, but HRH The Dutchess of Cambridge. I did watch the entire ceremony and it was beautiful. I do feel that since these two decided to date for 8 years help set the mood for the day. It went by seamlessly and you could them that both of them were ready and so much in love.


Kate decided on the lovely and sophisticated, v-neck by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. It seemed only fitting that she would wear the late designer's dress considering he's a British native, plus the dress is FABULOUS!!!
If you didn't know, the arms must be covered for the ceremony, so lace was always my first thought for her. I also had in mind a more formfitting style, like her siter Pippa's gown, but I loved how she went with the princess style. It's not over the top like Diana's and suited her rather well. She also decided to do her own makeup!
On another note, Pippa's, Kate's sister and Maid of Honor, gown gorgeous as well . The deep cowl neck gown also made by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen.

The beautiful day was sealed with a kiss, on the very same balcony where Prince Charles and Princess Diana  made the "royal kiss" famous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment