
HecubusPro
Aug 31, 11:53 AM
OBVIOUS NEWS STORY!!
Apple will hold a special event during a week long special event!!
Apple will hold a special event during a week long special event!!

Hunts121
Jul 14, 09:57 AM
It's a mess to open up the iMac and take the heatsink/CPU assembly off. Even I think it's scary. :eek:
haha I never said I'd attempt it, just that its possible :D
haha I never said I'd attempt it, just that its possible :D

mdntcallr
Apr 25, 04:32 PM
personally i dont like the idea of a smaller MBP without optical drive.
to me that is more consumer.
to me that is more consumer.

GGJstudios
Mar 23, 04:13 PM
...You will now predictably reply with yet more BS nonsense about how great your arguments are and how stupid everything I say is. Sorry, but I'm done playing your games.
Thanks! I needed that laugh! :D
Thanks! I needed that laugh! :D

Peace
Sep 5, 05:25 PM
Did you read the post? iTunes doesn't do that, right now apple doesn't have an airport with *video* output. And look at the picture again, that mockup has a remote that talks to the airport, you don't have to leave the room.
You miss the whole point of this. Why would you want to have an expensive box next to the TV when you could just have a tiny airport, and let your computer do the heavy lifting from another room?
You're assuming they won't up the resolution when they start doing movies. What makes you so sure they'll do that?
Milo.I have my MacBook sitting next to and connected via S-Video to my TV and use iTunes sharing via Airport to watch videos almost every day..
The key to good quality over iTunes sharing is to make the movie hinted.
And it streams just fine..
You miss the whole point of this. Why would you want to have an expensive box next to the TV when you could just have a tiny airport, and let your computer do the heavy lifting from another room?
You're assuming they won't up the resolution when they start doing movies. What makes you so sure they'll do that?
Milo.I have my MacBook sitting next to and connected via S-Video to my TV and use iTunes sharing via Airport to watch videos almost every day..
The key to good quality over iTunes sharing is to make the movie hinted.
And it streams just fine..

dkaff
Apr 4, 12:41 PM
Me neither. I wonder if the suspects were armed...or at least how smashing glass doors escalated into gunfire.
It mentions in the article that there was an exchange of gunfire, so apparently the bad guys had guns. Chalk one up for the good guys....
It mentions in the article that there was an exchange of gunfire, so apparently the bad guys had guns. Chalk one up for the good guys....

destroyboredom
Mar 30, 01:06 PM
And what does that have to do with the app store trademark? He doesn't mention "app store" does he?
No mention of App store. I was just watching the video recently and found it interesting.
No mention of App store. I was just watching the video recently and found it interesting.

HecubusPro
Aug 31, 06:59 PM
**Edit, IMO i think its silly because whos gonna pay $14.99 for a movie on a tiny screen, and if they make it to watch on your computer then its just going to take hours and hours to download if you have a slow broadband connection
$14.99 for new movies, but $9.99 for older films supposedly.
Some movies aren't much longer than hour long TV shows, and people have been downloading those regularly from iTunes. And like I said, there are a lot of people out there already downloading movies from the internet. My guess is there are also a lot of people who would love to have an easy option to get their movies online, but aren't tech savvy enough to know what bit-torrent is, or where to find illegal torrent sites, etc. Those types of people would probably jump all over an easy to access and use movie downlaod site. iTunes already has a great reputation, so consumer comfort is high with Apple in that regard.
Honestly though, it remains be seen until people are able to use the new service, but I have a feeling it will do quite well, even if it is geared for a small screen (with the option to watch fullscreen in iTunes on your computer.) Who knows though? The PSP UMD movie format is dead. But I think that's due to Sony's poor marketing and DVD comparable cost of UMD movies than anything else.
And yes, go ahead and sell your PSP. You'll feel better. I did, and I do. :)
$14.99 for new movies, but $9.99 for older films supposedly.
Some movies aren't much longer than hour long TV shows, and people have been downloading those regularly from iTunes. And like I said, there are a lot of people out there already downloading movies from the internet. My guess is there are also a lot of people who would love to have an easy option to get their movies online, but aren't tech savvy enough to know what bit-torrent is, or where to find illegal torrent sites, etc. Those types of people would probably jump all over an easy to access and use movie downlaod site. iTunes already has a great reputation, so consumer comfort is high with Apple in that regard.
Honestly though, it remains be seen until people are able to use the new service, but I have a feeling it will do quite well, even if it is geared for a small screen (with the option to watch fullscreen in iTunes on your computer.) Who knows though? The PSP UMD movie format is dead. But I think that's due to Sony's poor marketing and DVD comparable cost of UMD movies than anything else.
And yes, go ahead and sell your PSP. You'll feel better. I did, and I do. :)

jonnyb
Apr 20, 09:57 AM
When did 'reached out' become a better phrase to use than simply 'contacted'?

simon.hibbs
Sep 1, 07:06 AM
Core 2 Duo will be the star.
End of Core Solo minis.
With you so far, but I don't think Core 2 Duo is realy all that much of a big deal for Apple in the grand scheme of things. It's a small speed bump, with 64 bit as a bonus extra.
All new redesigned MacBook Pro.
All new iMac design with Conroe inside.
iTunes Media Store Movie Downloads.
I don't believe any of this. The intel MacBook Pros just came out, and the main advantage of the 2 Duo is it's socet compatible with it's predecessor. Why screw aroud with a proven design, when there's absolutely no need. You do that sort of thing when the chipset and whatnot changes and you have to redesign the internals anyway.
The same goes for the iMac, it's a great design. They had a chance to rev the designs when they moved to intel and chose not to. They're not going to rework the internals now just for the sake of it. The next opportunity for that is with the next major rework of the mainboard and peripheral connections, whenever that will be.
As for movie download, it's possible but I think it would be a premature move. Further expansion of their TV show range is much more likely as it fits the casual listening/watching pattern of iPod owners.
Finaly, Merom whatnot are being very much overhyped. The main tech advancements for most users came with Core Duo. iMac and mac Mini prices dropped in the UK in the summer so when Core 2 Duo gets announced you can bet they'll be back up at the release price of the respective hardware platform (iMac, Mini, PBP, etc). Thus you will get more power, but you'll pay for it so bang for buck wise I realy don't think it will make a massive difference.
Simon Hibbs
End of Core Solo minis.
With you so far, but I don't think Core 2 Duo is realy all that much of a big deal for Apple in the grand scheme of things. It's a small speed bump, with 64 bit as a bonus extra.
All new redesigned MacBook Pro.
All new iMac design with Conroe inside.
iTunes Media Store Movie Downloads.
I don't believe any of this. The intel MacBook Pros just came out, and the main advantage of the 2 Duo is it's socet compatible with it's predecessor. Why screw aroud with a proven design, when there's absolutely no need. You do that sort of thing when the chipset and whatnot changes and you have to redesign the internals anyway.
The same goes for the iMac, it's a great design. They had a chance to rev the designs when they moved to intel and chose not to. They're not going to rework the internals now just for the sake of it. The next opportunity for that is with the next major rework of the mainboard and peripheral connections, whenever that will be.
As for movie download, it's possible but I think it would be a premature move. Further expansion of their TV show range is much more likely as it fits the casual listening/watching pattern of iPod owners.
Finaly, Merom whatnot are being very much overhyped. The main tech advancements for most users came with Core Duo. iMac and mac Mini prices dropped in the UK in the summer so when Core 2 Duo gets announced you can bet they'll be back up at the release price of the respective hardware platform (iMac, Mini, PBP, etc). Thus you will get more power, but you'll pay for it so bang for buck wise I realy don't think it will make a massive difference.
Simon Hibbs

LaMerVipere
Sep 12, 03:36 PM
*fingers still crossed for a software update for current 5G iPod owners to bring 'em up to speed with all the new features* :rolleyes:

ouimetnick
Apr 25, 12:52 PM
The unibody was already a giant leap forward. How much better can Apple get?
I'm more interested in the specifications, and hardware (electronics) not so much the casing.
I'm more interested in the specifications, and hardware (electronics) not so much the casing.

AppleScruff1
Apr 14, 06:30 PM
This is great news! One of the ReadyNAS I didn't buy a Sandy Bridge MBP is that I want USB3.
Maybe Apple still won't include it.
Well, it would surprise me. USB3.0 and Thunderbolt will come included in Intel''s Ivy Bridge. Apple would have to add more hardware and disable USB 3.0 to make it 2.0 only. Makes zero cents.
And that's exactly the reason they would do it. :D
There is no way Apple would deliberately block/not support USB3 on Mac's is there, to force Apple uses to have to buy Thunderbolt only peripherals and not be able to use cheaper USB3 items?
They would never do that would they?
They might, you never know. Stubornness knows no bounds.
The PC industry is plagued with lowest common denominator, low cost crap.
Apple and Intel are trying to move forward. We should support that.
Did you know that an Apple computer is a pc?
Maybe Apple still won't include it.
Well, it would surprise me. USB3.0 and Thunderbolt will come included in Intel''s Ivy Bridge. Apple would have to add more hardware and disable USB 3.0 to make it 2.0 only. Makes zero cents.
And that's exactly the reason they would do it. :D
There is no way Apple would deliberately block/not support USB3 on Mac's is there, to force Apple uses to have to buy Thunderbolt only peripherals and not be able to use cheaper USB3 items?
They would never do that would they?
They might, you never know. Stubornness knows no bounds.
The PC industry is plagued with lowest common denominator, low cost crap.
Apple and Intel are trying to move forward. We should support that.
Did you know that an Apple computer is a pc?

tsugaru
Mar 22, 03:33 PM
One thing that will stink about the iMac update is that the GPU will most likely only get 8 PCIe lanes, as 4 of them will go to Thunderbolt. Sandy Bridge offers a max of 16 PCIe lanes. So Apple, maybe you feel like adding USB3 to the mix to use the last 4 lanes.
* yes I know the performance of a GPU doesn't drop THAT much going from x16 to x8, but still.
And toddy, a 6950 would be decent, but I don't see Apple offering it. I see the 6750 akin to the MacBook Pros going in (sadly.)
Even the 5750 in the 27" is around the same speed as the 4850. Apple just gimped the 4850 by using the GDDR3 version and only giving it 512MB /shakefist.
* yes I know the performance of a GPU doesn't drop THAT much going from x16 to x8, but still.
And toddy, a 6950 would be decent, but I don't see Apple offering it. I see the 6750 akin to the MacBook Pros going in (sadly.)
Even the 5750 in the 27" is around the same speed as the 4850. Apple just gimped the 4850 by using the GDDR3 version and only giving it 512MB /shakefist.

miketcool
Sep 4, 06:55 PM
Sounds more viable for video then a 3 inch screen on a portable hard drive.

Crawn2003
Apr 25, 02:04 AM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)
And then there's a thing called the speed limit. Doesn't matter if she did 45, 55, or 65. She's still in the right.
You're getting your 16 year old, testosterone panties in a twist yet you admit that you went over the speed limit that you cherish so much by at least 20mph. You admit you (but not in so many words because you have that 16yo complex of I gotta be right) drove recklessly all to teach a lesson that is really not yours to teach. That is for the highway patrol and driving school.
Regardless of what your inexperienced mind may believe, she was in the right and actually doing nothing wrong. She was traveling the speed limit. She was minding her own business until a little 16yo know-it-all comes along driving with minimum experience and equally inexperienced driver next to him.
Unfortunate for you this seems to be a running trait in your family. Inexperience. Just because your uncle is a sitting judge doesn't make him a god. On the contrary, he's as idiotic and inexperienced as you.
Now kid, no matter how much you slap those jaws of yours together you are wrong. We don't care that your mommy was sitting next you or that your uncle is the judge. Go ahead a drive however you want. Frankly I see your kind every day on the road.
I'm that guy over in the left lane driving 70. I'm that guy you have to race up to and ride my bumper and zoom past me flipping me off.
But I'm the guy that's laughing at you because honestly at the end of the day, you are just a little 16yo with a giant ego stuck up your rear.
You're also the guy that will wreck his car because I force you to, and you're also the guy that I will then sue to pay for my deductible and any applicable medical costs. And I'm the guy that will laugh in your face and say "gonna move for me next time?" as I walk out of court and you cut me a check.
I'm sorry, but if you're the guy that goes 70mph in the fast lane and refuses to move, you are at fault for what ever I chose to dish out to you, for not having the common courtesy to move your car.
-Don
I'm the guy I hope you kill so they put you away where you deserve to be.
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)
And then there's a thing called the speed limit. Doesn't matter if she did 45, 55, or 65. She's still in the right.
You're getting your 16 year old, testosterone panties in a twist yet you admit that you went over the speed limit that you cherish so much by at least 20mph. You admit you (but not in so many words because you have that 16yo complex of I gotta be right) drove recklessly all to teach a lesson that is really not yours to teach. That is for the highway patrol and driving school.
Regardless of what your inexperienced mind may believe, she was in the right and actually doing nothing wrong. She was traveling the speed limit. She was minding her own business until a little 16yo know-it-all comes along driving with minimum experience and equally inexperienced driver next to him.
Unfortunate for you this seems to be a running trait in your family. Inexperience. Just because your uncle is a sitting judge doesn't make him a god. On the contrary, he's as idiotic and inexperienced as you.
Now kid, no matter how much you slap those jaws of yours together you are wrong. We don't care that your mommy was sitting next you or that your uncle is the judge. Go ahead a drive however you want. Frankly I see your kind every day on the road.
I'm that guy over in the left lane driving 70. I'm that guy you have to race up to and ride my bumper and zoom past me flipping me off.
But I'm the guy that's laughing at you because honestly at the end of the day, you are just a little 16yo with a giant ego stuck up your rear.
You're also the guy that will wreck his car because I force you to, and you're also the guy that I will then sue to pay for my deductible and any applicable medical costs. And I'm the guy that will laugh in your face and say "gonna move for me next time?" as I walk out of court and you cut me a check.
I'm sorry, but if you're the guy that goes 70mph in the fast lane and refuses to move, you are at fault for what ever I chose to dish out to you, for not having the common courtesy to move your car.
-Don
I'm the guy I hope you kill so they put you away where you deserve to be.

bad03xtreme
Apr 4, 12:12 PM
Good for the guard darwinism at it's best.

weitzner
Oct 27, 03:05 PM
i really feel that greenpeace is trying to use the fact that Apple is the "cool" tech company to get what they want done. for instance, if Apple is bad for the environment, we hippie college kids won't think they're as "cool." Apple loves us hippie college kids and doesn't want to lose us as customers, so they HAVE to be greener - greener than all other tech companies which are JUST AS BAD AS APPLE - then the other tech companies will have to follow suit, because that's the way it is. Apple got rid of CRT displays a while ago- dell still sells them, hp still sells them... they've got friggin lead in them! ALL lcd panels contain mercury.... i mean i don't really see greenpeace's point here. i mean, yeah, i'd like apple to be the greenest, that way i'd feel better about giving them my money. but they do take back old iPods, they do take back your old computer when you buy a Mac... it's not like they do nothing. i think greenpeace is doing a pretty dumb thing here- they should be lobbying governments to make these chemicals illegal to include in consumer electronics, not attempting to bully apple. just my thoughts on the matter.

dvkid
Nov 13, 01:07 PM
Why does Apple think it's okay to continually alienate and turn away developers?? :confused: Why do fanboys continue to excuse such incidences? Why aren't people SICK of this kind of behavior from Apple? :mad:
Obviously people are. Rogue Amoeba and Joe Hewitt both jumping ship on the same day doesn't seem to be a coincidence to me.
However, until this has a noticeable impact on the user, most won't be as upset as the developers are. Facebook will continue where Joe left off, and Rogue Amoeba's app served a very specific audience (albeit very well). If Facebook were to, say, remove their app from the store, then this might hit people's radar in a meaningful way.
Obviously people are. Rogue Amoeba and Joe Hewitt both jumping ship on the same day doesn't seem to be a coincidence to me.
However, until this has a noticeable impact on the user, most won't be as upset as the developers are. Facebook will continue where Joe left off, and Rogue Amoeba's app served a very specific audience (albeit very well). If Facebook were to, say, remove their app from the store, then this might hit people's radar in a meaningful way.
BRLawyer
Apr 28, 04:10 PM
Yes I am. And fairly new to Apple (switched to Mac in 2006 and iPhone in 2007).
Does being new here mean that I have to learn how a corporation that just recorded at record net income of $5.23 billion is "DEAD"? If so, please enlighten me.
I have worked in finance for 35 years and only hold a Bachelors degree in Buisiness, but I'm sure from your response that you (and others here) know more about business than me. So please explain how the earnings report is an indication of impeding doom.... I'm always willing to learn from a group of experts!
Nope, my point is that you don't really know my post history...[COMPANY NAME] IS DEAD used to be my motto ;)
Does being new here mean that I have to learn how a corporation that just recorded at record net income of $5.23 billion is "DEAD"? If so, please enlighten me.
I have worked in finance for 35 years and only hold a Bachelors degree in Buisiness, but I'm sure from your response that you (and others here) know more about business than me. So please explain how the earnings report is an indication of impeding doom.... I'm always willing to learn from a group of experts!
Nope, my point is that you don't really know my post history...[COMPANY NAME] IS DEAD used to be my motto ;)
Evangelion
Aug 29, 03:37 AM
this goes to show how behind apple is in updating.
clearly they arent ready to adapt to an intel platform. the cant even make simple processor adjustments on time!
all the major companies have made this transition.
Yes, Apple is doomed because the are few days behind in announcing their new laptops :rolleyes:. Obviously hordes of people are rushing to buy Toshibas and Dells (which might not ship for several weeks, for all we know) as we speak, and unless Apple IMMEDIATELY updates their products, they are doomed. DOOMED I tells ya!
clearly they arent ready to adapt to an intel platform. the cant even make simple processor adjustments on time!
all the major companies have made this transition.
Yes, Apple is doomed because the are few days behind in announcing their new laptops :rolleyes:. Obviously hordes of people are rushing to buy Toshibas and Dells (which might not ship for several weeks, for all we know) as we speak, and unless Apple IMMEDIATELY updates their products, they are doomed. DOOMED I tells ya!
musiclover137
Aug 23, 05:19 PM
This is slightly disheartening news. All the info seems to suggest that Apple wanted this to end quickly so they made an offer to a small company that wouldn't cost as much as they may have lost in the lawsuit.
Makes me wonder how different they were really thinking...
Makes me wonder how different they were really thinking...
twoodcc
Sep 19, 10:55 PM
well i must say that i'm very impressed with the success so far. maybe we'll start seeing more movies
vincenz
Apr 25, 01:50 PM
"Next year" as in October 2011 or October 2012?

No comments:
Post a Comment